- Bike Choice @ £2,5001 year 12 weeks agoI'm a very happy Canyon owner
I'm a very happy Canyon owner too.
Canyon normally have a sale during the TdF when you can get an even better bargain.
- L'Equipe: Laurent Jalabert sample from 1998 Tour tested positive for EPO1 year 12 weeks agosame here
- Tyre-slashing man caught on camera having sex with bicycle1 year 12 weeks agoso in Scotland you can't even
so in Scotland you can't even have it off with your own bike? Bit harsh.
- Sir Chris Hoy launches Summer Cycling Challenge + WIN1 year 12 weeks agoWhat stops a cyclist signing
What stops a cyclist signing up and doing this on a regular training ride? I'm interested to see how they record the distances?
- TdF initial thoughts?1 year 12 weeks agoRegarding the prices, they're
Regarding the prices, they're calculated across the entire set of fantasy cyclists based on their individual performances.
What's happened this year though is that fewer of the really cheap guys have been picked by their teams meaning the overall quality of the field is higher and the average rider cost has increased.
Unfortunately that's kind of unavoidable unless you impose some scaling on the rider values once the teams have been finalised but that would involve either guessing at start lists and having potentially worse price scaling involved or not letting people pick teams until the eve of the race...
In the end, it is the same for everyone and this just makes it harder
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 12 weeks agostevemarksstevemarks wrote:
subject to withdrawl beforehand.
please change Coquard for Coppel.
Likewise all my fantasy teams will change again......
- Slow road.cc website?1 year 12 weeks agoIts taking up to 30 seconds
Its taking up to 30 seconds to change pages on the site
- TdF initial thoughts?1 year 12 weeks agoHard
Ive gone Froome and
Ive gone Froome and Sagan as far as purist goes. I think my purist team looks ok to be honest
Not sure what to do for standard, I have Sagan, Cav, Greipel, but not sure if thats the way to go, although im thinking take it a day at a time, as getting ahead with a plan rarely works, especially the longer the race. So going for a decent score on day one and see what happens
- Garmin launch Monterra GPS with Android and WiFi1 year 12 weeks agoSTATO wrote:dodgy wrote:ISTATO wrote:dodgy wrote:
I have a feeling that the Monterra isn't meant for bicycles at all. It's a handheld, possibly for motorbike use.
Garmin already make some great motorbike GPS, which bluetooth to your phone and in helmet headsets. they have full stnav ability, are waterproof and connect to the bikes power so battery is recharged in use (like car sat-navs).
This new one really looks bike/adveturer specific, way more useful than the touring one posted earlier this week.
Id get one, if i had £600 spare, which i never do!Quote:
With an array of compatible mounts, Monterra is designed for use on ATVs, in boats, as a handheld or in your car. Use the auto mount for spoken, turn-by-turn driving directions, or the rugged mount for your motorcycle or ATV.
Seems like Garmin might see it as being a more general outdoor GPS, no mention of bicyles. Then again, who knows what Garmin are thinking!
- Custom-printed water bottles1 year 12 weeks agoThe only place I can think of
The only place I can think of off hand is http://www.bottlesport.com/product-range.html
But you have left it VERY late to get them before going away. normally a 21 day wait for most companies
- Custom-printed water bottles1 year 12 weeks agoI'll have a scout about see
I'll have a scout about see if I can't find you someone.
I know people who do it, but only for certain size orders..I'll see what I can do
- Mark Cavendish talks Tour de France goals and launches CVNDSH range1 year 12 weeks agoFST AS FCK
FST AS FCK
I R E U
A Possible nod to the days of rooming with Big Bernie?
- Mark Cavendish talks Tour de France goals and launches CVNDSH range1 year 12 weeks agoOh I dunno. I suppose if I
Oh I dunno. I suppose if I think about it a bit (heaven forbid) it's a bit juvenile and does mean parents are less likely to buy t-shirts or whatever for their offspring. But when I first saw it it did put a smile on my face. And it takes a lot to do that these days.
- Cyclists make up a quarter of London traffic, official census finds1 year 12 weeks ago"bike provision in London
"bike provision in London still largely reflects the old idea of cyclists as a tiny, irrelevant minority." It's a good thing that someone (other than an activist) is challenging this.
It would seem we are on the cusp of a new era in London's history. There is now leadership as well as funding in place to make a real and measurable shift in the way Londoners use the roads. The next few years should be brilliant.
- Slow road.cc website?1 year 12 weeks agoIts a pretty simple solve,
Its a pretty simple solve, you see the title
"Road.cc - Pedal Powered"
Well Dave hurt his back and cant pedal. So Tony and others are not upping their share....I imaging this is their office space
- Bike Choice @ £2,5001 year 12 weeks agoCervelo S2?
Vo2 Pro:carbon. Any colour you like.
PHIAN bikes can print literally any graphics you like as well; even photos.
- road.cc Fantasy Cycling Guide Part one: reading the race1 year 12 weeks agoCracking bit of work, well
Cracking bit of work, well done mate
Mind you I dont know how anyone can say they enjoy picking their purist team. It does my head in trying to figure it out especially for a grand tour.
- Mark Cavendish talks Tour de France goals and launches CVNDSH range1 year 12 weeks agooh dear, what a pile of S H T
oh dear, what a pile of S H T
- Slow road.cc website?1 year 12 weeks agoI've noticed it as well; I'm
I've noticed it as well; I'm using chrome on a mac.
Not that that should make a difference (?)
- Tyre-slashing man caught on camera having sex with bicycle1 year 12 weeks agoWords fail me
Words fail me
- Tyre-slashing man caught on camera having sex with bicycle1 year 12 weeks agoI'm jealous, I want a kick
I'm jealous, I want a kick stand
- Jan Ullrich may lose Sydney 2000 Olympic gold after doping confession1 year 12 weeks agoIn the case of Armstrong, the
In the case of Armstrong, the 8-year limitations rule clock was stopped because Armstrong himself had impeded the discovery of these violations during the 8 years. There is US precedent for this in law relating to statute of limitations, and as USADA operates in the USA, it may use its local laws to interpret the WADA 8-year limitation that way (argued USADA in their case).
In short, what happened to Armstrong regarding the 8 year rule happened because of local US norms. It does not mean the same applies to Ulrich.
- 2012 Tarmac Expert SL3...a little advice please1 year 12 weeks agoWell, Tarmac is back with
Well, Tarmac is back with LBS. They contacted Specialized who say this is a known issue! FFS, why continue to use a design with a known issue
Long and short of it; Specialized are sending a Bonding Kit that will, apparently, eliminate any movement in the Delrin cups and, just maybe, I can get back to noise free riding. Happy that this is an issue that (I'm really tempting fate here!) can be easily resolved, but just a little bit disappointed in Specialized. I guess re-tooling is a cost too far.
Still love the bike though
At least, for now....
- Tyre-slashing man caught on camera having sex with bicycle1 year 12 weeks agoBrings a new meaning to a
Brings a new meaning to a lube and air check.
- Slow road.cc website?1 year 12 weeks agowe're having some issues
we're having some issues today, yes - it is running a bit slowly. we're investigating.