- UCI overhauls race calendar and introduces promotion and relegation1 year 10 weeks agoi'm not an expert on all
i'm not an expert on all this, but surely the very-widely-accepted structure of divisional sport has a smaller league at the top? what's with 16 in division one and 8 in division 2?
- Wheel upgrade1 year 10 weeks agoFulcrum 3 for a good do it
Fulcrum 3 for a good do it all wheel, they've held up fine for roubaix and the full Flanders for me.
I have ar30s on the bling bike which have been incredible value for money, though I've seen some negative comments for the bearings in the wet. For bang for buck I'd take these over the fulcrums but if I only had one wheel set I'd stick with the fulcrums.
Also tire weights can be hire, a good set of gp4000s would improve things in all depts.
- Rapha Pro Team bib shorts1 year 10 weeks agoHere is my take on these
Here is my take on these shorts after six months, and I am a qualified Rapha snob. I have the RCS version. They have MUCH more compression than many shorts I have owned, including their classics. They are very comfortable with a great pad, which is much thicker than my Assos and Castelli top level shorts. They only niggle is the medial lower thigh seam that can be felt in the first 20-30 minutes of riding. After that, they melt away. I do think coldblack works when the sun is shining bright. If you want super soft and comfy, I'd go with Castelli's top offerings, but the styling is awful and the pad is not as cushy. I will say that the Rapha pad takes a long time to dry compared to other shorts. Overall, these are my favorite shorts.
- Dissertation Survey1 year 10 weeks agoDone....hope you get lots of
Done....hope you get lots of support so you can collate sufficient data for your research.
I hope you are going to share some of your findings at some point in the future?
- Is doping good for sport?1 year 10 weeks agoI don't think he's confusing
I don't think he's confusing great performances and doping. There's a causal link.
- Dissertation Survey1 year 10 weeks agoDone, good luck!
Done, good luck!
- New Forum Look1 year 10 weeks agoGood job Dave its all looking
Good job Dave its all looking good, and im liking all the new little features as well, like buttons, amount of new comments on a post, new colours etc
- Dissertation Survey1 year 10 weeks agoDone hth
- Prescription cycling specs1 year 10 weeks agoBought my prescription
Bought my prescription Oakleys from rxsport online. Excellent service and you can trial up to three pairs for £5 refunded if you purchase. Have to say the Oakley lenses are fantastic and I have a pair for daily use as well.
- Rapha Pro Team bib shorts1 year 10 weeks agoNeilXDavis wrote:OK..I own 4NeilXDavis wrote:
OK..I own 4 pairs of Assos Uno bibs which retail at around £90. They last years (Ive had one set over 8) and are extremely comfortable blah blah.
I also own numerous pairs of DHB (cheap £40ish) for commuting and some Castelli's (mid range £60-80ish) just as an alternative to Assos. They all have a function and all perform that perfectly.
When a product enters the market that is almost double the price I currently pay I fail to see how it can get a value score of 7 out of 10.
Cool story bro.
- Another, deeper fantasy idea1 year 10 weeks agoI'd be interested but my
I'd be interested but my sleep-deprived brain won't permit me to understand where/how I sign up...
- New Forum Look1 year 10 weeks agoDave Atkinson wrote:do youDave Atkinson wrote:
do you mean the title font, or the thread font? the thread font is different from the comment font. anyway, fonts are a very personal thing and both are plenty legible. change it and i'll someone else piping up tomorrow saying they liked it better the way it was
Why is the thread font different? It doesn't look right to me.
Same goes for the comment author details, why is that font different?
Although I just noticed when I quote you, the page it goes to shows the comment author details in the 'correct' font. Odd.
- Is doping good for sport?1 year 10 weeks agoWhat a waste of time that
What a waste of time that was.
- Win a unique HOY Autumn edition bike with road.cc and Evans Cycles!1 year 10 weeks agoOut with the fisherman at
Out with the fisherman at Lake of Menteith...
- Is doping good for sport?1 year 10 weeks agoHe is confusing a great
He is confusing a great performance with doping. Great performances were responsible. Great performances are possible without doping. Therefore, no, doping is and was not good for the sport. Just look at the damage Lance and all other dopers do and did to the sport they allegedly loved.
- New Forum Look1 year 10 weeks agoJust had another play on my
Just had another play on my tablet, the full width mode vastly improves things and makes the site much easier to use and, size wise, much more like the old version which I like.
Now that it works and is easier to use I do like the new style, its clean, simple and modern, I like the minimal colours and while I liked the old style it probably was looking dated. All in all, probably a change for the best. Can't wait to see how it looks for the fantasy game next year.
- Dissertation Survey1 year 10 weeks agoDone it
- Assos Mille shorts, are they worth it?1 year 10 weeks agoI have the S5 Uno shorts and
I have the S5 Uno shorts and they are really good but they pull on the shoulders quite a bit unless I put them on properly. I have just got a pair of Sportful Bibs and they are nearly as expensive and feel nice and tight, but they arnt as comfy as the Assos on long runs.
- Kimmage fund donor joins lawsuit on behalf of all contributors1 year 10 weeks agoSad stuff. Not going to end
Sad stuff. Not going to end well.
- Kickstarter: The best bike projects looking for crowd-funding now1 year 10 weeks agoKickstarter doesn't make it
Kickstarter doesn't make it easy to list our shipping options and the fact that we added Europe after the project went up made it even more confusing. Nonetheless, we ARE shipping to Europe and I've updated the FAQ to reflect that.
Two things I'd like to note that separate the Buca Boot from any similar boxes you've seen. When its open the lids convert into panniers giving you the best of both worlds. Second, unlike most bike products the Buca Boot was conceived from the start to have a great design aesthetic. We are just as, if not more, functional than other products out there and we're definitely more beautiful.
- Road.cc's new look1 year 10 weeks agoHi pepita1, why not join the
Hi pepita1, why not join the discussion here, your question might already have been answered: http://road.cc/content/forum/95708-roadcc-new-look-discussion-thread
- Win a unique HOY Autumn edition bike with road.cc and Evans Cycles!1 year 10 weeks agoThrough the autumn leaves.
Through the autumn leaves.
- Junior Cycling teams for 20141 year 10 weeks agoThere are plenty of clubs
There are plenty of clubs doing good stuff stuff. Sometimes race teams cream off the most talented riders, but that doesn't necessarily make the team better than the club that nurtured them in the first place.
IMVHO your progression will depend far more on the quality of your motivation and willingness to learn, your coach and the environment you are in than whether it's a Team or a Club.
- Assos Mille shorts, are they worth it?1 year 10 weeks agoThe pad in the Mille (the
The pad in the Mille (the first Assos bibs I bought) seems to be a bit on the bulky side. I have since bought two pairs of the S5 Uno bibs, which are fantastic and you can get them for under £100. These are now my preferred option for most rides.
- Kickstarter: The best bike projects looking for crowd-funding now1 year 10 weeks agoThe Bikebins have
The Bikebins have changed
they no longer have a lock,now a loop to lock the lid with a padlock