- is Ned Boulting secretly playing fantasy cycling?1 year 15 weeks agoNed Boulting?...
- Saddle Bag or Jersey Pocket1 year 15 weeks agoVelominati sucks
- Edge 500 - gpx - BikeRouteToaster1 year 15 weeks agoI use bike route toaster's
I use bike route toaster's download option to put routes directly onto my 800 and it works fine for me - can you describe what you're doing exactly and where it seems to go wrong?!
- mini pump for giant defy 21 year 15 weeks agoBlackburn airstik is small
Blackburn airstik is small enough to go in a specialized small saddle bag, very reliable and will get to 100psi without your arm dropping off. Also comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- New Bike :p1 year 15 weeks agoHow much does that weigh?
How much does that weigh?
- Listening to music whilst out on a ride1 year 15 weeks agoAs some people have mentioned
As some people have mentioned wind noise is sufficiently loud to be a major problem when going at reasonable speeds on country roads. That is why I'm thinking of getting a mirror. After all no-one would dream of driving a car without one, so why go on a bike without one, although I have been for 44 years. Used to have an iPhone on max volume in my back pocket occasionally but could only hear it if I turned my head a bit, which shows how loud wind noise is, especially compared to modern quiet cars.
- Video: Wiggle Honda's training camp in Italy + team kit goes on sale1 year 15 weeks agomen's kit will be available
men's kit will be available to order in two weeks
- Saddle Bag or Jersey Pocket1 year 15 weeks agoyou could always get a bar
you could always get a bar bag.
- Cyclist hits out at driver awareness course but no charges for motorist who knocked him down… on bike path1 year 15 weeks agoEvery motor insurer requires
Every motor insurer requires full disclosure of every accident, claim and driving offence ever committed.
Whether they then choose to rate your premium on them is up to them. Many choose to ignore a single fixed penalty speeding offence as so many people have them and they're not that indicative of poor driving (ie, bad risk).
Failure to disclose ANYTHING will invalidate the policy. They'll certainly check everything if you ever claim or are claimed against.
[32 years cycling. 23 years in insurance]
- British Cycling unveils plans to get 1 million more women riding bikes by 20201 year 15 weeks agoI'm not sure that women are
I'm not sure that women are that much more likely to be fair-weather only cyclists. I know a lot of people - women and men alike - who don't cycle year round because they haven't discovered how easy it becomes once you have the right gear. And because they don't realize how wasteful it is to use large, heavy motor vehicles as glorified umbrellas when all they need is a few more grammes of weather protection than in the summer - trivial stuff like overshoes and/or thermal socks, a windproof softshell jacket, a cap to keep their ears warm, gloves and undergloves, maybe a neoprene face mask...I think of most of this stuff as being simple, cheap, lo-tec and essential, but a lot of people who spend a fortune keeping cars on the road would probably dismiss winter cycling gear as a load of unnecessary clobber.
I went go for a cycle with a female friend on Sunday who is a fair-weather cyclist of sorts (Sunday was dry but fairly cold). It as her first cycle of the year and she was a bit rusty. She reported that she had stayed cycling into the autum, but had then got bored with cycling because there was nothing to eat - no more grapes on the vines, no more cooking apples and walnuts dropping from the trees. So she stopped.
- Saddle Bag or Jersey Pocket1 year 15 weeks agoRule 31 is very, very clear
Rule 31 is very, very clear on this - NO saddle bags! The Lezyne bag featured on the v site is not to be attached to your frame or saddle - it is a jersey pocket tidy!
- Saddle Bag or Jersey Pocket1 year 15 weeks agoSmall saddle bag with 2
Small saddle bag with 2 tubes, patches, multitool, painkillers, anthisan, 1 small dressing, £5 and a small rag which stops the bag contents rattling! Saddle bag always has a blinky on it and is easily moved from bike to bike. Sorted. Pump lives next to the bottle cage. It may not be the prettiest arrangement but i don't have to think about it - it's all there and my pockets are free for, um, snacks!
- Listening to music whilst out on a ride1 year 15 weeks agoSurprised at the number of
Surprised at the number of people condemning headphones as dangerous. Car drivers, pedestrians and even motorcyclists listen to music, don't see what the big deal is.
Nothing beats storming uphill to a decent dance track - great for your rhythm, motivation and keeping up the pace
let's not allow the health and safety police to take another one of life's pleasures away!
- Video: Wiggle Honda's training camp in Italy + team kit goes on sale1 year 15 weeks agoI have asked and asked about
I have asked and asked about this kit, I would wear that over most men's teams....
I have also asked about their team hoodie, I would love to show my support for woman's cycling. It seems they are not interested
- Cyclist hits out at driver awareness course but no charges for motorist who knocked him down… on bike path1 year 15 weeks agoFurry Mommy wrote:The policeFurry Mommy wrote:
The police do nothing....shock, horror, gasp.....and we expect better of them!??
Sorry but after this incident that was videoed (low definition on You Tube but HiDef disc supplied to TVP) and with an independent witness, guess what TVP have done....??
I think I would have difficulty in not head butting the ignorant lorry driving twat, he was mm away from committing manslaughter
- 190km of Rule Five. And 22km of our own rules.1 year 15 weeks agoShort cut eh? Looks like I
Short cut eh? Looks like I need to take a couple of people off the finish list....
Only joking, anyone who survived that Siberian wind deserves a medal, or in our case a coaster. Well done chaps and glad you enjoyed/endured it. See you next year.
- Saddle Bag or Jersey Pocket1 year 15 weeks agoSaddle bag, large enough to
Saddle bag, large enough to carry pump. If I take a tumble I don't want anything jabbing me. And why worry about the aesthetics when I can't see it! I just pack it so I don't hear it either.
- When to bin a tyre..?1 year 15 weeks ago+1 on Shoe Goo. I also ride
+1 on Shoe Goo. I also ride the flinty slopes of N Hampshire (W Berks, east Wiltshire, south Oxfordshire...) and at one time last year (after the rains) thought a single puncture day was a good day.
I think it depends as well on how you ride. If you are hitting high speeds on downhills, would you be happy with a sudden failure? But if you are more recreational, and take things slowly, what's the risk?
- Ksyrium Elites or Fulcrum racing 3s - Help me decide1 year 15 weeks agoMavic Everytime!
- Ksyrium Elites or Fulcrum racing 3s - Help me decide1 year 15 weeks agoIf it helps... Birthday next
If it helps... Birthday next month, same dilemma . After so much research, visits to shops & lots of questions to bike mates have decided will be getting ksyrium elites, fulcrum don't come even close!
- Ksyrium Elites or Fulcrum racing 3s - Help me decide1 year 15 weeks ago..or campag Zonda and save
..or campag Zonda and save yourself a few quid over FR3 (they are same wheel with a different spoke pattern).
Fulcrum/ campag are great wheels at this level but a note of caution - rim replacement is expensive due to their specialist nature and the expertise required.
Choosing a wheelset with easily replaceable parts would be a better long term option. Perhaps mavic forts the bill here, but best bet is handbuilts from LBS or online.
- Video: Wiggle Honda's training camp in Italy + team kit goes on sale1 year 15 weeks agoI too would be glad to wear
I too would be glad to wear that kit and i am 100% man.
- Red light jumping Tokyo cyclists could face jail, says report1 year 15 weeks ago“There has been a clear
“There has been a clear decrease in road accidents involving automobiles and bicycles,” before adding, perhaps confusingly, “the number of bicycle related accidents, compared with 10 years ago, has seen an increase of 13 per cent.”
I think perhaps what he means is that car-on-bike accidents have decreased whilst bike-on-road/pavement/ small yappy dog/ Godzilla/ Hello Kitty / bullet train etc accidents have increased.
- Red light jumping Tokyo cyclists could face jail, says report1 year 15 weeks agoDidn't expect the home of the
Didn't expect the home of the keirin to be quite so draconian when it comes to bike safety.
- Ksyrium Elites or Fulcrum racing 3s - Help me decide1 year 15 weeks agoI had some Ksyrium Elites on
I had some Ksyrium Elites on a bike a few years ago, before it was nicked, and they were great. Strong enough to give me confidence with potholes but light enough to make a big (positive) difference to the bike. I can't compare, I've not had Fulcrums, but a thumbs up for the Elites.