- Just in: Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 20131 year 14 weeks agoWOW! I really really dig this
WOW! I really really dig this - not even because I have a CF Road (i mean they do look pretty different. Just looks so fine!
- One23 Bar Saver1 year 14 weeks agoPretty sure there is a Blue
Pretty sure there is a Blue Peter solution to this problem, perhaps even using cotton reels.
- Giro Del Trentino 1a & 1b1 year 14 weeks agoOne day, two stages, no
One day, two stages, no transfers.
No transfers between 1a and 1b, then 4 for stage 2.
You should have got an email.
- Lance Armstrong sells $10 million Austin, Texas home... at a loss, according to reports1 year 14 weeks agoIt makes you think though, he
It makes you think though, he wasn't the only one cheating yet no witch hunt for all the others.
Dont get me wrong here i completely agree with taking everything from him won by cheating but it should be done to everyone thats caught whether they admitted to it or were caught out.
- New road rider - Achilles Tendonitis1 year 14 weeks agoI had AT a few years back, it
I had AT a few years back, it was all down to over training, I increased my weekly mileage too quickly and my achilles couldn't take it. Of course I wouldn't accept it was bad and strapped it for a while which made it bearable while riding but ultimately was making it worse and prolonging the injury, not great when you can feel the thing creaking when you move your foot.
I saw a couple of physios and a bike fit expert who told me to stop riding for a while then ease back into it and increase mileage slowly. I also used a few exercises e.g. calf raises and tried some massaging techniques such as slowly running fingers up tendon, a rolling pin also works. The heat/ice thing also helps.
I moved my cleats as far back as they would go to take pressure off toes and move more to sole, I still have cleats in this position now.
I also use specialized footbeds, there are a few flavours of these so its worth going to shop to get advice on which is best for you.
One or all of these changes helped me and haven't had a twinge since.
- Just in: Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 20131 year 14 weeks agolow-fi wrote:Worrying. Ilow-fi wrote:
Worrying. I wonder if they've managed to fix it. Where did you find about the pach? Was it Canyon themselves that told you?
No just seeing pic 3/22 and picture of Kristoff bike at Paris-Roubaix
- Boris Johnson says he "won't be bullied" into wearing a cycle helmet (+ video)1 year 14 weeks agoWell he cant say it would
Well he cant say it would spoil his hair, now would it...
- Lance Armstrong sells $10 million Austin, Texas home... at a loss, according to reports1 year 14 weeks agoServes the b'stard right. I
Serves the b'stard right. I hope they take everything off the lying, cheating shithouse. There is NOTHING classy about Armstrong. Nothing at all. I hope he gets all that is coming to him - he sure as shit deserves it!!!
Louse Armstrong - the biggest shithouse - ever- in cycling!!!!
- To Shave or Not To Shave1 year 14 weeks agoThat is the one reason why
That is the one reason why old farts like me shave the stumps,cant wait to get the winter herbage off the legs.First TT after a holiday in sun,tues 7th May.
- Yorkshire cyclist convicted of assault on van driver after court rejects self-defence claim1 year 14 weeks agoSeems to me you can't win.
Seems to me you can't win. Best you can do is buy a helmet camera and record everything that happens ... but, however big, brave and fearless you are, just don't get involved in a toe to toe situation. At £850 it just ain't worth it, but ... is it ever worth it?
As the rider you can't win. You're very vulnerable in your cleats, you need witnesses to support your case - and most people aren't interested - and if you end up in court you're up against the sleaziest b'stards that were ever put on the planet. These "legal suits" have a job - and it's to make you look stupid. And they are very, very good at it. How they sleep at night, christ alone knows, but if they can get a felon off the hook, that's what they do.
Camera the action - if you can - then ride away and report it. Sounds cowardly, I know, and not what any of us ever wants to do, but at £850 right on the nose - and all the aggro that goes with it - you've got to ask yourself ... what is the point of doing anything else? Be smarter than they are and don't let 'em win.
- Best way of attracting female cyclists1 year 14 weeks agoNothing says "good girl" like
Nothing says "good girl" like a firm pat on the buttocks...
...or so my Dad tells me.
- New Fizik Antares Versus saddle spotted at Paris-Roubaix1 year 14 weeks agoI've got the Arione that
I've got the Arione that looks like that. It's worked a treat for me so far, and my hopes to one day be a parent have been revived.
- New Forest row: Sportive organiser warns riders to follow Highway Code... and locals will be watching1 year 14 weeks agoNew Forest drivers are the
New Forest drivers are the worst kind, but be gentle with them - they're having a bad day!
They enter the forest hoping to go somewhere nice and relax, but if they're not in traffic jams, they're in queues of cars stuck behind tractors, horses, bicycles, caravans, Sunday drivers, and pretty much every other slow driver you can think of.
It's quite often more stressful to drive through the New Forest than it is to drive through rush hour London. Don't be fooled by all the nature!
- Yorkshire cyclist convicted of assault on van driver after court rejects self-defence claim1 year 14 weeks agoDepends whether the driver's
Depends whether the driver's mouth was moving in on his fist, or the other way about!
- Amstel Gold Race1 year 14 weeks agoPush-to-shove, I'd go
Push-to-shove, I'd go Terminator over Purito, though if my classics selection suggest anything then I'd think twice before listening to me.
Saying that, Phil Gil is a must-pick for me.
- Just in: Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 20131 year 14 weeks agono, it was my worry seeing
no, it was my worry seeing the Kristohh bike picture at Paris-Roubaix http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...roubaix/260623 and knowing from Canyon they were checking frames 100% in the shop,therefore having a bottlenek in shipping.
- Best way of attracting female cyclists1 year 14 weeks agoWhat an Amateur!
We all know
What an Amateur!
We all know the way you attract female cyclist is by drawing a knob in chalk on your left thigh. Bum pinch is optional.
- Boris Johnson says he "won't be bullied" into wearing a cycle helmet (+ video)1 year 14 weeks agoDangerously sensible words
Dangerously sensible words from Boris there; or at least, completely matching my thoughts. Yes, helmets are recommended because in some types of accident they may help. No, you don't mandate them because otherwise no-one will take up cycling.
But it won't make a shred of difference whether you're wearing a helmet or not if you've just been run over by a 40-tonne truck.
Comments descending into the usual argument in 3... 2... 1...
- Yorkshire cyclist convicted of assault on van driver after court rejects self-defence claim1 year 14 weeks agoWait, the driver bit his
Wait, the driver bit his hand? Isn't this assault too?
- Boris Johnson says he "won't be bullied" into wearing a cycle helmet (+ video)1 year 14 weeks agoIn a sidenote to the safety
In a sidenote to the safety issue, the hygiene issue surely? Would you want to wear a helmet that has been worn by 100s or 1000s of other people in all weathers?
- Yorkshire cyclist convicted of assault on van driver after court rejects self-defence claim1 year 14 weeks agoIt seems it was agreed in
It seems it was agreed in court that Chris banged on the side of the van. If a vehicle is so close the cyclist can touch it that is too close. The driver did not have to stop, unless he thought he had hit the cyclist, which is possible, but a more likely scenario is the driver stopped to unleash a little road rage on the cyclist. Instead as often happens in these cases he finds he is facing a somewhat fit athlete, all pumped up with adrenaline because he just had a near death experience, and as a result driver gets a kicking. As already pointed out, had the van hit the cyclist and killed him his fine would probably be less than 840 quid.
- New Forest row: Sportive organiser warns riders to follow Highway Code... and locals will be watching1 year 14 weeks agoComment removed due to
Comment removed due to incompetence.
- New Forest row: Sportive organiser warns riders to follow Highway Code... and locals will be watching1 year 14 weeks agoFATBEGGARONABIKE wrote:phax71FATBEGGARONABIKE wrote:phax71 wrote:
Conservatives are in the main C••ts!!
There I've said it, self hating, outwardly hateful, narrowminded C••ts!!
Nice to see you take such a broadminded approach to politics
To be fair I thought he did quite well to leave it at that.
- Best Road Shorts1 year 14 weeks agoAnother vote for Assos. But
Another vote for Assos. But Guy hit the nail on the head completely. Horses for courses innit?
- Meeting Fabian Cancellara moments after he won Paris Roubaix1 year 14 weeks agoSeems a bit cruel for the
Seems a bit cruel for the organisers to make a guy who's royally farked walk up two flights of narrow stairs to speak to VIPs. Couldn't they have come to him?