- Vuelta al País Vasco Stage 1 Ordizia-Ordizia1 year 7 weeks ago1,2,3,13 +5 teammate points
1,2,3,13 +5 teammate points for standard.
1,2,3,6 +5 teammate points for purist
- Most popular Bike Brands1 year 7 weeks agoCommute; Giant defy
Commute; Giant defy
Sportive; Ribble sportive bianco
- Most popular Bike Brands1 year 7 weeks agoCommute - Felt Z95
Commute - Felt Z95
Sportive - Boardman Pro Carbon SLR
Race - Boardman Pro Carbon SLR
- Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels1 year 7 weeks agoJust ordered some zeros hope
Just ordered some zeros hope they are of as high quality pound for pounds as the fives appear to be
- Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels1 year 7 weeks agoindeed, I use the 5s on my
indeed, I use the 5s on my best (only) road bike and think they are great (even with the decals left on)
- Researchers "surprised" at number of cycling genital injuries, especially among kids1 year 7 weeks agoRaleigh Chopper..... The ball
Raleigh Chopper..... The ball wrecker gear shifter... Arggg not so fond memories
- Vuelta al País Vasco Stage 1 Ordizia-Ordizia1 year 7 weeks ago1,2,5,6,10,13 standard,
1,2,5,6,10,13 standard, 1,2,6,10 purist
- Ellen van Dijk wins Tour of Flanders, Lizzie Armitstead second to extend World Cup lead (+ video)1 year 7 weeks agoFantastic to see Lizzie doing
Fantastic to see Lizzie doing so well, but what's so desperately needed in womens' cycling is evocative coverage, with less of the sacharine, half hearted commentary and perambulatory footage we see so often.
I don't want to just see the ladies riding along and jumping off the front occasionally, I want to see the whole story; speed, danger, grit, determination, surprise, hope, anguish, elation and sorrow - right up close.
With a slicker presentation, womens' cycling has the potential to become very watchable indeed. Oh, and isn't it about time we had "on-bike" cameras too ?
- Tour of Flanders Sportive Information1 year 7 weeks agoThere were quite a few team
There were quite a few team buses in the Holiday Inn car park, we were next door at the cheaper Hotel Campanile. A great weekend!
- Newbie to sportives - advice!1 year 7 weeks agoI would add to this: worth
I would add to this: worth getting a cheap heart rate monitor - it can really help with training. The two key rides to get into your schedule are long, slow, low intensity rides (you'll be surprised at how low "low intensity" is - less than 75% MHR - over 3 or 4 hours) and high intensity interval training (basically, 30-60 seconds of 'make yourself puke' intensity followed by 3-4 minutes of letting your heart-rate return to normal, repeated 5 or 6 times). There's a good article on HRM training at http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/heart-rate-monitor-training-for-cy....
There is loads of useful advice on training programmes at the British Cycling website - you have to be a member though (I actually joined a couple of years ago for this very information). Their plan is 25 weeks long, so your timing is not far off...
- Vuelta al País Vasco Stage 1 Ordizia-Ordizia1 year 7 weeks agoKnew I should have picked
Knew I should have picked Nieve. Expensive though.
- Podium Cafe VDS1 year 7 weeks agoGot a lot for this week's
Got a lot for this week's race, 10 in all. My team is also set up for GC, although I need Porte to get better and TvG wasn't so great today but he doesn't like the steep stuff and can catch up in the TT. Kwia could win it if he can keep on hanging in there as he's good at TT along with TvG. Nieve 7th but tends to lose a lot in the TT so he'll need to stay right up there in 4. Also got Swift, Gerrans and possibly Morkov for the next two. Rui Costa is another possibility for a stage but was nowhere today. Atapuma, S Yates and Rolland are the rest. Not expecting much from them yet.
- Vuelta al País Vasco Stage 1 Ordizia-Ordizia1 year 7 weeks ago1 - Contador
2 - Valverde
1 - Contador
2 - Valverde
3 - Kwiatowski
4 - Trofimov
5 - Cunego
6 - Peraud
7 - Nieve
8 - Evans
9 - Kreuziger
10 - Landa
11 - Pinot
12 - Arashiro (?)
13 - Slagter
14 - Poels
15 - Sanchez (S)
16 - Gesink
17 - Van den Broeck
18 - Van Garderen
19 - Yates (S)
20 - Gadret
- NeilPryde Bikes renames its Alizé bike following trademark dispute... with Specialized again1 year 7 weeks agoShamblesuk wrote:Is it comingShamblesuk wrote:
Is it coming to the stage when people will look at me in disgust as I ride an s-works Tarmac SL2?
Personally speaking No
- Vuelta al País Vasco Stage 1 Ordizia-Ordizia1 year 7 weeks ago1,2,3,6
Have peraud (28/1)
Have peraud (28/1) and kwia (8/1) each way for the overall.
- Vuelta al País Vasco Stage 1 Ordizia-Ordizia1 year 7 weeks agoPurist 1,2,3,10 - Standard
Purist 1,2,3,10 - Standard 2,3,12
Went for Gerrans and Gilbert as I thought that last climb was only 1km long - careless!
Definitely looks like a couple of penalties tomorrow...
- Vuelta al País Vasco Stage 1 Ordizia-Ordizia1 year 7 weeks agoI can feel a few transfers
I can feel a few transfers coming on tonight
- Podium Cafe VDS1 year 7 weeks agoNice Bronzini win today
Nice Bronzini win today
- Vuelta al País Vasco Stage 1 Ordizia-Ordizia1 year 7 weeks ago1,2,6,13 for me. What the
1,2,6,13 for me. What the hell is Arashiro doing up there? Didn't he used to be a 'sprinter'?
- Vuelta al País Vasco Stage 1 Ordizia-Ordizia1 year 7 weeks agoOh dear 2 & 13 for me
Oh dear 2 & 13 for me
- Watch Joff Summerfield as he rides Tour of Flanders sportive on a penny-farthing1 year 7 weeks agoI saw him at the bottom of
I saw him at the bottom of the Paterberg on Saturday, and I thought I would struggle with 20% gradient! Chapeau!
- Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels1 year 7 weeks agoI make no bones about the
I make no bones about the fact that 5s are my best wheels, fitted to my best bike. And they look lovely, at least with the foul decals removed, perform exceedingly well and have been no trouble over the last fifteen months. What more could a man want?
- Researchers "surprised" at number of cycling genital injuries, especially among kids1 year 7 weeks agoWhen i was a kid BMX's used
When i was a kid BMX's used to have padding on the top tube and handlebars. We need to bring them back!
- Vuelta al País Vasco Stage 1 Ordizia-Ordizia1 year 7 weeks agoOops, misread the profile, I
Oops, misread the profile, I thought that last climb was a lot shorter than that!
- Researchers "surprised" at number of cycling genital injuries, especially among kids1 year 7 weeks agoI would speculate that kids
I would speculate that kids with a bike that 'they will grow into' is a feature here. If you can't reach the floor with your feet your nuts are going to cop it with a quick dismount