- Quebec Points1 year 26 weeks ago(No subject)
- Vuelta Prizes1 year 26 weeks agoA bit late to start asking
A bit late to start asking for stage prizes now
- Hoods, bars, drops?1 year 26 weeks agoHoods for normal riding and
Hoods for normal riding and climbing and drops for descending or anything fast. Rarely use tops at all.
- Wanted: Pair Of Tyres (700 x 23C)1 year 26 weeks agoStill Looking: Continental GP
Still Looking: Continental GP 4 Seasons now wanted!
- Hoods, bars, drops?1 year 26 weeks agoHoods most of the time.
Hoods most of the time.
Tops for climbing as it opens your chest for breathing.
Drops for descending, fast cornering, sprinting, wind etc.
- Hoods, bars, drops?1 year 26 weeks agoI ride hoods most of the
I ride hoods most of the time. Tops for climbing seated and drops for descending.
- UCI does not plan to appeal Armstrong's lifetime ban1 year 26 weeks agoAgree with comments above.
Agree with comments above. Given USADA's forthcoming report and Tyler Hamilton's book, they didn't really have much choice - side with Lance and in many peoples minds you are pro doping.
The bigger question for me about the UCI is why are these sports governing bodies so universally bad, inept, incompetent, corrupt etc.? FIFA, UEFA, IOC - all dreadful. UCI is in good company.
- Vuelta Prizes1 year 26 weeks agoHi Dave
You said that the
You said that the stage prizes were TBC. Any confirmation as yet to what if anything you win for a stage prize?
- We have a Winner for Tour of Britain VIP hospitality… and IG Hill Climb Challenge place1 year 26 weeks agoI'll be knackered just riding
I'll be knackered just riding from the station.
- Hoods, bars, drops?1 year 26 weeks agoi use the hoods most of the
i use the hoods most of the time too but switching positions to the tops or drops every now and then definitely helps to prevent your hands getting sore/numb
- “… the only good cyclist is a dead one …” – editor of the richmond magazine – september issue1 year 26 weeks agoThe editor is a moron, too
The editor is a moron, too stupid to appreciate that more cyclists on the roads means less road congestion for car drivers like him.
I emailed him to complain and suggest that others do the same. It might be an idea to get the publisher's email and complain. I suppose a complaint to the PCC would also be a good idea. I'm not sure of the procedure involved though.
- Quebec Points1 year 26 weeks agookay, so when i updated the
okay, so when i updated the start times i accidentally got them the wrong way round
just fixing, then i'll update
- Quebec Points1 year 26 weeks agoMy feeble score of 28 won't
My feeble score of 28 won't shift.
- Tour of Britain: Stage 1 and 2 video previews with IG-Sigma Sport's Daniel Lloyd (+ videos)1 year 26 weeks agoGoing to combine a seaside
Going to combine a seaside visit with a look at the riders from Aldeburgh tomorrow.Difficult to get involved when living so far from the stage routes. Anyone any tips to get the most out of the experience of watching the peloton fly past?
- New Transport Minister convicted in 2009 of careless driving in incident that left cyclist with broken neck1 year 26 weeks agoDavid Cameron is desperate,
David Cameron is desperate, which is why this clown has been given a post for which he is so obviously ill-suited. If the Labour Party has any teeth, when the matter of road safety is discussed in the house, he will be the subject of sustained barracking.
- 'The only good cyclist is a dead one' - advertising pulled in wake of magazine editor's remarks1 year 26 weeks agodon_don wrote:11speedaddictdon_don wrote:11speedaddict wrote:
Chillax as the youngsters would say
it is a phrase used before. not sure about the cold war but Electro Hippies LP " Only good Punk is a dead one "
did all the punks get arsey about it ? we wouldnt know as the internet was not invented so no online forums.
As a 7 day a week cyclist ( for the last 25 years) who also has owned a driving license since i was 17 (now 46) - I think if most people responding to the offending quote were aware that it was not the mans sentiments - he was using a famous quote - just with "cyclist " in it. this is not a war - us against them. bikes against cars.
we have to share the roads. most bike riders drive and are guilty of diving errors PLUS riding misdemeanours.
The man is probably an ok guy who expressed his opinion and now is being run out of town. we do not know him. but we all have an opinion on him now.
He has probably said sorry for using a quote that is a sensitive issue.
Lets leave it at that
and i hate cars and drivers some of the time when i get cut up commuting every morning but in the scheme of life - small potatoes.
Please don't insult us further by down-playing this disgraceful piece of gutter 'journalism'. Punks may have suffered prejudice but they were not being killed every day, or having their lives either deliberately or carelessly put at risk by people who might just take this sh*t seriously.
WE already share the roads. The drivers that put our lives at risk will not. Some of them may just decide to treat us with even less respect after reading Nye's disgusting comments. We should not 'chillax'. Nor should we leave it at that..
The editor is an irresponsible fool and if the publisher has any sense, a sacking will be in order. The comment is unacceptable.
- We have a Winner for Tour of Britain VIP hospitality… and IG Hill Climb Challenge place1 year 26 weeks agoWell why the devil not?
Well why the devil not?
- womens road bike help needed1 year 26 weeks agoTrek; Madone
Trek; Madone http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/collections/womens/road/race_performance/... or Domane depending on where her priorities lie http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/collections/womens/road/race_performance/... both a lot of bike for the money and comfortably under budget.
- Help me! Plan my dream 40th birthday cycling holiday...1 year 26 weeks ago_Karlos_ wrote:Another_Karlos_ wrote:
Another question, 'if' I was to follow Le Tour around for a couple of weeks, would I still be able to ride the climbs? Are they closed off for several days etc??
Are you fit enough to ride up to 200k a day in the Pyrenees or the Alps? For several days? Personally a couple of the major climbs in one ride is enough, but then I'm older and not that fit . . .
- UCI does not plan to appeal Armstrong's lifetime ban1 year 26 weeks agoIt's a little rich of Pat to
It's a little rich of Pat to suggest Hamilton's motives are money lead. I would imagine much of the UCI's sloth over the last decade has been motivated by a desire to protect revenue and hope the storm blows over. The UCI needs a good sweeping out. .I hope they get it.
- UCI does not plan to appeal Armstrong's lifetime ban1 year 26 weeks agoLooks like Pat Mc Quaid is
Looks like Pat Mc Quaid is abandoning Lance Armstrong in the hope that the UCI's good name (sic) remains unsullied. Careful Pat, Lance's reputation for vindictiveness is not entirely undeserved, and it would be the supreme irony if it were him that brought the whole house of cards crashing down.
- Quebec Points1 year 26 weeks agoIve made my changes for
Ive made my changes for tomorrow and now my score has changed from 30 points to 163 points, may give half my team away haha
- We have a Winner for Tour of Britain VIP hospitality… and IG Hill Climb Challenge place1 year 26 weeks agoI'm in too. Excuse I need for
I'm in too. Excuse I need for a new bike. Will still come last.
- Quebec Points1 year 26 weeks agoI should only have 21 points
I should only have 21 points I think (Wegmann & Nordhaug). Made changes straight after the race in readiness for Montreal and ended up with the points for that team instead...
- We have a Winner for Tour of Britain VIP hospitality… and IG Hill Climb Challenge place1 year 26 weeks agoand me please...
and me please...