- Test Brooks' new Cambium saddle1 year 13 weeks agoI'm looking forward to the
I'm looking forward to the Brooks Cambrian saddle, the design will be based on the first complex multicellular saddles to emerge from the Earth's primordial seas.
- Giro de Trentino stage 31 year 13 weeks agoAye, anything could happen,
Aye, anything could happen, gone for a couple of the favourites who may get in a break but to be honest I've kept my team pretty much as I'd want it for tomorrow.
- Giro de Trentino stage 31 year 13 weeks agoI've put in Suitsuo and
I've put in Suitsuo and Santambroglio. Nibali may attack on the downhill today, but anything could happen.
- Giro de Trentino stage 31 year 13 weeks agoBreak could stay away today
Break could stay away today maybe? Tough day to predict, i'm hoping for a sprint from a group of 50 or so as I have a couple that could do well there. Nothing would surprise me today though.
- Test Brooks' new Cambium saddle1 year 13 weeks agoTried registering, painful
Tried registering, painful number of questions, only to receive SQL errors that froze the browser.
I guess I don't want to test a saddle enough to go through that again.
- Cycling Ireland board member who opposed backing of Pat McQuaid resigns1 year 13 weeks agoIn Anto's own words, a radio
In Anto's own words, a radio interview with him:
- Giro de Trentino stage 31 year 13 weeks agoWhat a dilemma! For the
What a dilemma! For the first time I am leading a stage race and really want to make sure I get a top 10 badge - so what do I do today!?!?!?!? Go for guaranteed points or take a risk on high scorers for today!! Such tough decisions in life!!!
- Cyclist dies after Norfolk crash that also claimed driver's life1 year 13 weeks agoMy dad is 77 years old,
My dad is 77 years old, cycles over 50 miles a week and has nigh on perfect vision.
He drives a car and is a very safe, competent driver.
Accidents happen and i agree with Gkam on this it sounds like his age caught up with him. But saying that i know of 20 odd year olds dying of a heart attack whilst driving so you just dont know and it would be wrong to speculate or accuse any further.
- Tour of the Borders '131 year 13 weeks agoWhat a ride!
What a ride!
Definitely the harshest conditions I've ever ridden in, but I will certainly be back next year.
The organisation was fab, the welcome at Etterick Bridge was just what was needed and the spirit of all the riders made it a great experience.
Here's my blog from Sunday.
- Giro de Trentino stage 31 year 13 weeks agoKept my team very similar to
Kept my team very similar to yesterday but brought in 2 from the top 10 gc.
- Giro de Trentino stage 31 year 13 weeks agoIve played it safe, as there
Ive played it safe, as there are not an awful lot of breakaway points. Only 3 scorers on each mountain (regardless of category) makes for not many points.
- Forum's Scorum's Mini League1 year 13 weeks agoYou could say that which
You could say that which would equal Nibali and sky near the front again, so we shall see a similar result but with smaller gaps, GC will stay the same.
- Cannondale launch Synapse Hi-Mod1 year 13 weeks agoOh, if only you lot knew
Oh, if only you lot knew what
It's a military specification carbon (Trek use military spec carbon in some of their top end Madones), used to withstand mortar rounds which forms the basis of the frame.
meant in reality. I read it out in the office (we work with carbon) and people almost wet themselves. There's so much bull, and there's no way you can expect journalists to filter what the press offices put out.
I obviously need to be careful what I say, but, basically:
Military Grade Carbon does NOT mean it is the "best"
- Marianne Vos wins Flèche Wallonne Féminine for the 5th time1 year 13 weeks agoMarianne Vos... utterly
Marianne Vos... utterly amazing lady, well done.
- Slime Smart Tube Self-healing inner tube1 year 13 weeks agoI agree with the comments,
I agree with the comments, the valve always gets gunged up and makes topping up hard and on one wheel impossible, I had to throw the tube away.
This winter, Ultra Gatorskin tyres used... zero punctures, maybe I got lucky, but as I've never gone through a winter without a puncture before they get my vote.
- Yorkshire cyclist Gordon 'Tiny' Thomas who won silver medal at London 1948 dies at age of 911 year 13 weeks agoRIP Tiny .....
RIP Tiny .....
- Cannondale launch Synapse Hi-Mod1 year 13 weeks agoI would change your name by
I would change your name by deed poll... Aurtur has a nice continental feel !
- Forum's Scorum's Mini League1 year 13 weeks agoTERatcliffe26 wrote:ImTERatcliffe26 wrote:
Im hunting you down Ray!
A nice 149 points in fleche for 24th on the stage and 25th on the stage moved me up to 6th overall in Trentino and 1st in the forum
The Santambrogio pick was a good one TERatcliffe and has indeed put you top of the Forum's Scorum's Giro Del Trentino....stevemarks has taken the purist lead.
The Forum's Scorum's overall climber of the day was silas chime who jumped 2 places into 10th thanks in the main to having Aru.Wig_Billy now has 543 standard and 488 purist lead.
Descenders stage today?
- Specialized Roubaix S-Works1 year 13 weeks agoWhoops! Knew I'd forget
Whoops! Knew I'd forget something.
It's a 54cm.
- Test Brooks' new Cambium saddle1 year 13 weeks agocan't even register
can't even register
- Law firm launches campaign for 'strict liability' in Scotland in cases involving cyclists1 year 13 weeks agoWouldn't have too many issues
Wouldn't have too many issues with this in principle. Often the PI payment made to the claimant is dwarfed by legal fees. The more vulnerable road user has a great deal more interest in enuring their personal safety in their road behaviour, so is a reasonable assumption.
However, in practice, the insurance industry do need to toughen up on causation. There's too many medical reports flying around signed by rentadocs with "soft tissue injury" and "mental trauma" from claimants - even the odd cyclist who needs to read Rule 5 again - who suddenly discover they've been injured two years eleven months and three weeks after the accident. Legislation may be afoot here, so watch this space.
The solicitors and introducer firms do feel like they're lining up the shots to the end of the bar in the last chance saloon, they're hammering the phone lines like crazy cold calling people to make PI claims. The adverts for no win no fee claim firms on daytime telly don't help either. Especially when they're shown on a huge widescreen television in the lobby of large insurance companies. Ahem.
Dashboard and helmet cams would be handy too. May well be cost effective even in the medium term for the insurance companies to dole these out for free with every renewal. In the long term is a no brainer.
- Why SRAM believe hydraulic brakes are the future1 year 13 weeks agoI know that the current
I know that the current consensus is that the UCI has banned disc brakes in road races, but as far as I can tell, there is nothing in the rulebook prohibiting their use. Indeed the only reference to disc brakes in the equipment rules for road, track and CX explicitly permits their use in CX, without specifying any regulations for their use on the road. The only thing I can see that comes close to prohibiting them on the road is rule 1.3.004, which prohibits ‘technical innovations’ outside of MTB. However, the rule states that “[t]here is no technical innovation [...] if the innovation falls entirely within the specifications foreseen in the regulations,” which is undoubtedly the case with disc brakes, as they are referred to in rule 1.3.004! I would dearly love to see a pro team have a go at running some disc brakes and watch the UCI try to find the rule which supposedly prevents them from doing so.
- Sugoi Icon bib shorts1 year 13 weeks agoTry rolling up the leg and
Try rolling up the leg and 'peeking' out there, rather than stretching the life out of the straps to go 'over the top'.
- Specialized Roubaix S-Works1 year 13 weeks agoSize?
- Why don't you see Pro's eating bananas?1 year 13 weeks agoNow I'm hungry...
Now I'm hungry...