- Tour De Romandie1 year 13 weeks agoLive leaderboard here -
Live leaderboard here - Brajkovic the early leader!
- No charges for road rage van driver who assaulted cyclist (+ video of incident)1 year 13 weeks agoSome people are dangerously
Some people are dangerously insane. That's just not what a sane person does, is it? Jump out of his vehicle, twice, in order to punch someone going about their business? Quite clearly, ignoring any politics of the road, that van driver is unstable and therefore a dangerous menace. At the very least, he needs some sort of counselling to sort out his issues and reduce his dancer to society. And why he can't be given an appropriate punishment is ludicrous.
- Tour De Romandie1 year 13 weeks agodrheaton wrote:Ghedebravdrheaton wrote:Ghedebrav wrote:
Hoogerland seems pretty bargainous, but somehow he won't fit in my purist (it's him or Grabsch, and I'm going Grabsch). Other than that I'm pretty settled on my team, not too much hair-tearing. Worth bearing in mind that it's a short tour and there are two TTs
Hoogerland is an odd one, he's cheap because he hasn't scrored points. I hate to say it but I think to a certain extent his career is built on being knocked off in the Tour, I don't remember him ever doing much else.
Hoogerland 4th from the first six. He's certainly not going to do anything today.
- No charges for road rage van driver who assaulted cyclist (+ video of incident)1 year 13 weeks agoI'd love to meet him and have
I'd love to meet him and have a chat
- Bath's new road racing circuit to open on Saturday1 year 13 weeks agoI would have thought Tony and
I would have thought Tony and Dave would have cut the ribbon?
I trust you both will be testing it in your Road.CC kit and reporting back....
- Drink-drive nurse who killed teen cyclist in hit and run sentenced to five years four months in jail1 year 13 weeks agoSorry I meant Sam's family.
Sorry I meant Sam's family. At least Luke us still alive.
- Drink-drive nurse who killed teen cyclist in hit and run sentenced to five years four months in jail1 year 13 weeks agoBez is right. I too do not
Bez is right. I too do not understand the difference between careless and dangerous driving. It's like being careless with a gun. Careless IS dangerous surely regardless of what provisos and nuances you use to separate the two?
My sympathies to Luke's family. One life over at 15 and others wrecked.
- Tour De Romandie1 year 13 weeks agoQue Sera, Sera......Whatever
Que Sera, Sera......Whatever will be, will be.....
- Tour De Romandie1 year 13 weeks agoMeersman, Nizzollo, Dumoulin,
Meersman, Nizzollo, Dumoulin, those are the riders I'm looking at for later in the week.
Probably will avoid Matthews if he's working for Goss, and no idea how Cav will do on the 'flat' stages. But there's plenty of sprinting options in the race with Viviani, Bookwalter, Blythe and Ferrari all racing.
- Tour De Romandie1 year 13 weeks agoI think Dumoulin could top 10
I think Dumoulin could top 10 in the prologue...
Then i went Gavazzi and Bouet for tomorrow in my standard and just Meersman in my purist. but I plan on bringing Meersman into my standard after today.
- Bath's new road racing circuit to open on Saturday1 year 13 weeks agoJonMack wrote:I was hopingJonMack wrote:
I was hoping that i'd be able to head to the track for a couple of hours after work to get some decent uninterrupted training time in, but as I'm not a member of any cycling club (or British Cycling currently) I guess that means I'm unable to use it at all?
One way around this would be to join a few Facebook pages of cycling clubs then just go to their sessions. I'm sure they'd be accepting of contributions to the fees! I'm in Somer Valley CC and no sessions have been decided yet. Just keep an ear to the ground
- A chat with Dániel Merényi at Bespoked Bristol 20131 year 13 weeks agoLovely lug work and he's
Lovely lug work and he's given the names some backstory - not just called them 'Rage' or 'Evoke' or something teenage.
Good luck with the business Dániel.
- Tour De Romandie1 year 13 weeks agoray silvester wrote:
2)Anyoneray silvester wrote:
2)Anyone know the cut off point for youth eligibility? Is Talansky eleigible?
For a reason I cannot find, Talansky is not eligible for the young riders Jersey despite still being under 25
I was only able to confirm this once the startlist for the prologue was produced, so apologies if this affected your selecting riders.
- Drink-drive nurse who killed teen cyclist in hit and run sentenced to five years four months in jail1 year 13 weeks agoIt's clearly not murder, and
It's clearly not murder, and it's not manslaughter either; as should be clear from reading the criteria and guidelines for the prosecution for each.
It is, however, another shining example of how the relatively new "death by careless driving" charge repeatedly gets in the way of the toothier "dangerous" charge. The CPS seem pathologically incapable of bringing, or unwilling to bring, a dangerous charge in so many scenarios where the driving and related actions of the accused is patently dangerous - not just by any reasonable lay definition, but by the CPS's own guidance. Quite why this is the case is frankly beyond me, and also beyond plenty of other people who have a more thorough grasp of the law than I do.
Never mind the fact that describing the act of consuming four alcoholic drinks and then driving a car and killing one child and injuring another as "careless" is absurd in extremis and is demeaning to all involved.
Regardless of the jail term (do we have details of which charges garnered what sentences?), every other aspect of the prosecution process and legal definition continues to send out the message that death on the road through even the most abject ineptitude, incapacitation and irresponsibility is something that society continues to regard as neither horrific nor exceptional.
- Tour De Romandie1 year 13 weeks agoThe race could go any number
The race could go any number of ways and I don't think that we'll really know who's a contender until the end of today.
Hesjedal/Betancur are both racing the Giro so likely won't go hard for the full race, Gesink too (although he perhaps has more to prove) and then there's the likes of Moreno who might feel he needs time in the hills before the final time trial so the race could really break up.
Add on top of that the fact that three of six days are 'transitional' stages and it may be that picking obvious single stage point scorers (Martin for the TT, Pinot/Rolland for the queen stage) might not be the best tactic. A team with Gavazzi, Dumoulin or Meersman might take three stages and a raft of top 10s and put us all to shame but I was afraid of how unpredictable that may be and stuck to the safer option of climbers.
Also, my biggest concern for this week is not picking Albasini...
- Tour De Romandie1 year 13 weeks agoThis one is a bit of a
This one is a bit of a lottery.....but for fantasy purposes I think thats its just what we need to get the pulses racing....Not many safe option picks in this one,as we all know from our pre-race tinkering....Good luck to all...
- Tour De Romandie1 year 13 weeks agoI had Morabito at one point,
I had Morabito at one point, but then I didn't know what to do with the credits I saved, so went Capecchi instead. I really don't know what Im doing with this tbh. My standard team no looks a mess and my purist an even bigger mess
- Manchester to improve some of its most dangerous junctions for cyclists1 year 13 weeks agoJohn_the_MonkeyJohn_the_Monkey wrote:Joselito wrote:
(Fave incident - narrowly avoid a dooring and exclaim to doorer
'Fkin 'ell'(not a personally addressed insult, you'll note)
His response, 'Don't swear at me.' No apology offered.
Oddly enough, I had someone narrowly miss me in Rusholme (saw a parking space, didn't see me).
I shouted a loud "WHOAH" and the passenger got out to tell me off for "frightening" the driver! It was so ridiculous that I thought he was joking, and laughed, but no, he was serious and expected me to apologise.
With that said, in general, the traffic is slow enough along there for it not to be too worrying, for the most part.
I have had something similar, it's weird isn't it? Such a leftfield response that you're left speechless which they interpret as you admitting that you're in the wrong.
- Rapha offer personalised Team Sky replica jerseys1 year 13 weeks ago(Seething with rage)...Unless
(Seething with rage)...Unless it's made from the same material as the pro jersey, it is NOT a replica. A replica is an exact copy.
- Rapha offer personalised Team Sky replica jerseys1 year 13 weeks ago"I'm telling you, my name IS
"I'm telling you, my name IS Wiggins and that roundall thing was my trademark long before he started riding for Sky!"
- Rapha offer personalised Team Sky replica jerseys1 year 13 weeks agoLet me see, that is one Dr.
Let me see, that is one Dr. plus christian name, middle name, spare name and surname, means I would need atleast an XXL just for the name.
- Tour De Romandie1 year 13 weeks agoGrivko is an interesting one,
Grivko is an interesting one, he looks good and does well in prologues but seemed a bit expensive so I was wary.
I'm surprised more people haven't gone for Morabito in their purists. At 8.5 credits he's cheap and apparently he's designated BMC leader so I'm hoping for good things!
From a point of view of picking a team this race has been awful but I think from a fantasy cycling point of view once it gets under way it's going to be great, lots of different teams, lots of potential riders, no obvious results to the first three road stages (is it a sprint, is it a small bunch sprint, is it a GC day, is it a breakaway?!) and then a ma-hoosive mountain stage running into a final TT makes it very difficult to plan.
I'd got in mind to make two changes after today picking either people who've done well in the prologue and are cheap or people who've done poorly in the prologue as a pre-cursor to going on a break, then leave my team as it is before making 3/4 changes before the mountains and as many as I've got left for the TT but I get the feeling I'm going to be chasing my tail over the next few days trying to keep up with however the race plays out.
- Rapha offer personalised Team Sky replica jerseys1 year 13 weeks agoMy Rapha Illusion died on a
My Rapha Illusion died on a Sportive last Sunday when I was surrounded by "Cuddly" Men decked out in an array of R products. I was horrified as I had fooled myself into thinking I was more akin to the beardy gurn whippets as portrayed on the site. This was until a cruel reflective object caught me within the rotund flock. I was found belonging & unremarkable, a pained pout couldn't save me. Liposuction might. Sob.
Still gonna buy a pair of shorts just not the pro line.
- Tour De Romandie1 year 13 weeks agodifficult to choose
difficult to choose indeed!
But nice to see so much difference in approach...
ive gone with:
I see froome winning prologue and GC, porte podium on both, martin top 5 prologue and win on final day.
- Barclays Cycle Hire bike rider seriously injured after being struck by lorry1 year 13 weeks agoPlease urge any lorry drivers
Please urge any lorry drivers you know, haulage and construction firms etc. to take our free training course, 1/2 of which is spent out on a bike on London roads... this is provided at public expense by TfL and to council I am working for, Hammersmith & Fulham. Feedback from drivers who have done this course is excellent.