- Pedal-powered coffee grinder: ultimate hipster accessory or spoof?14 hours 51 min agoMust have; want; will surely
Must have; want; will surely die without.
Nah, I'll pass, thanks.
Prefer instant, anyway.
- puncture/pump advice14 hours 55 min agoCO2 Inflator and a pump with
CO2 Inflator and a pump with a hose as backup (Lezeyne or Topeak Race Rocket are pretty good - check the max psi). Top tip though; sacrifice a CO2 canister and have a practice at home. I was on a great 60 mile solo route round the Tarn in France and punctured. CO2 Inflator failed and I had to phone my wife for a rescue. Gutted that I'd not completed the route and didn't have a backup pump. LBS replaced it and checked the new one worked; as well as giving me some free CO2 cannisters.
- CTC launches data-gathering app to help crash victims14 hours 57 min agoI guess the problem becomes
I guess the problem becomes remembering to use the app in the heat of the moment. Should partner with the ICE Dot sensor so that if it is triggered this app pops up and says fill me out
- 6 years in jail for drunk & banned driver who killed Sussex cyclist14 hours 58 min agoClearly a repeat offender!
Clearly a repeat offender! How can you be banned from driving, be drunk, kill someone, drive off and not be banned for life? Furthermore 6 years is a pretty short sentence for murder. Clearly the driver's actions where far behind mere negligence
- Transport Scotland consults on trunk road 20mph zones trial (+ video)15 hours 16 sec agoI don't really get 20mph
I don't really get 20mph zones. In the states anything in the center of town is already 25mph (that extra 5 doesn't make a difference) and outside of a city center they would just be horribly abused. So, protected bike lanes are much better for both cars and bikes
- Helmet Light Buying Advice15 hours 32 sec agoI've just bought a Cree
I've just bought a Cree Solarstorm and a Cree T6, and last week did my first ride with the T6 attached to my helmet... and it was great... all the more remarkable considering that it was only £19.
I've got some pictures at:
Having done the comparison, I reckon the T6 is a better light than the Solarstorm, and would suggest two of those. The SolarStorm spreads it's output too far and the battery life is only just over an hour... whereas the T6 is much more direct, and shows you where you're going/looking... and the T6 battery life is a good two hours.
- Dundee cyclist assaulted by fellow rider he asked to get off pavement and ride on road15 hours 10 min ago*n't*. Mea culpa.
*n't*. Mea culpa.
- Michael Rogers of Saxo-Tinkoff provisionally suspended after positive test for clenbuterol15 hours 20 min agoHim Up North wrote:@THX1138:Him Up North wrote:
@THX1138: Same headline on BBC Sport website. Expected better.
To be fair, "Saxo Bank rider" doesn't add much to the headline. It's reasonable for the BBC to judge it more interesting and newsworthy that he's an ex-Sky rider because of Sky's explicit emphasis on being a clean team, plus of course a greater proportion of their audience will have heard of Sky.
- Pedal-powered coffee grinder: ultimate hipster accessory or spoof?15 hours 39 min agoFurther proof that riders of
Further proof that riders of fixies should be kept at arms length or more
- Cannondale gives Christmas gift of new bike to podium hostess pinched on behind by Peter Sagan15 hours 39 min agoCycling needs more Sagans -
Cycling needs more Sagans - great cyclist with great character. Pleased Cannondale made this gesture.
- Pedal-powered coffee grinder: ultimate hipster accessory or spoof?15 hours 39 min agoActually I wish they'd had
Actually I wish they'd had the balls to stand by their 'Twat' campaign.
If you took it as cyclists talking to cyclists then in some ways its quite good, and using humour (albeit of very questionable taste) rather than patrician preaching might have struck a few chords. I can however see how a non cyclist could have perceived it
- Cannondale gives Christmas gift of new bike to podium hostess pinched on behind by Peter Sagan15 hours 42 min agoSagan would make a perfect
Sagan would make a perfect grinch if he dyed his whole head green and not just his disgusting goatee
- Dundee cyclist assaulted by fellow rider he asked to get off pavement and ride on road15 hours 42 min agoAnyone who says "could care
Anyone who says "could care less" has to watch the video. It's the law.
- Pedal-powered coffee grinder: ultimate hipster accessory or spoof?15 hours 44 min agofarrell wrote:I suspect thatfarrell wrote:
I suspect that Dan and Dave could benefit from having their cocks kicked off.
This made me snort tea across my desk.
- Pedal-powered coffee grinder: ultimate hipster accessory or spoof?15 hours 45 min agoBut Karmarama was also
But Karmarama was also responsible for the "don't be a tw*t" adverts targeted at cyclists a while back. "not officially sanctioned" allegedly.
Need to take their own advice
- Dundee cyclist assaulted by fellow rider he asked to get off pavement and ride on road15 hours 48 min agoCould care less about a
Could care less about a criminally violent yob. Happens all the time regardless of mode of transport.
What we should all be properly cross about here is the clear inference, in writing, by Road.CC no less, that he was a 'fellow' cyclist.
Like fuck he was.
My 'fellows' are other middle-aged blokes with kids, on eBay'd used bikes of assorted gruppo. People who I know, care about, lend money to etc. Brother's keeper etc.
If I ride next to someone like this guy, the semblance starts and ends with 'also male'. When a pedestrian attacks another pedestrian, as 99.99999% of violent crimes are, are they reported as 'A man in Dundee who asked a fellow pedestrian not to walk on the pavement has spoken of how he was pushed against a wall and then had his head banged against a set of railings"?
No. The use of 'fellow' in this case implies a sub-group, a community, a minority. Road.CC, please don't seek to reinforce the idea that all cyclists know/are responsible for all other cyclists. We see every day what that gets us in the eyes of legislators and authorities.
I am surprisingly cross about this.
- Losing your cycling 'mojo'?15 hours 53 min agofarrell wrote:Royal Mailfarrell wrote:
Royal Mail drivers are contractually obliged to drive like the are huffing paint thinners and smoking amphetamines.
It's nothing personal.
They are 'mental'; way more dangerous than taxis, white van man or 4x4 school run mum. Was on foot the other day and saw a RM driver who had to slow up while the car in front let another car turn into a road. The RM driver was red faced with his eyes popping out as he screamed obscenities that you could hear through a closed window!
- Craddock Cycles offer made in the UK carbon fibre frames15 hours 54 min agoNice looking frame, shame
Nice looking frame, shame the name isnt a little more evocative or dynamic.
- Pedal-powered coffee grinder: ultimate hipster accessory or spoof?15 hours 55 min agoWhat was that they were
What was that they were saying about twats?
- Craddock Cycles offer made in the UK carbon fibre frames15 hours 56 min agoWhen I started reading this,
When I started reading this, I thought the retail price would be about £500
With the "factory gate" price of a Chinese carbon frame rumoured to be just 17 (yes, seventeen) dollars, the only reason for high prices is the supply chain and shipping, costs that would arguably be less for UK manufactured products. Sure, labour would be more, but how many hours does it take to mould a frame? Surely it's a matter of hours, rather than weeks.
- Craddock Cycles offer made in the UK carbon fibre frames15 hours 56 min agoFanny
- Pedal-powered coffee grinder: ultimate hipster accessory or spoof?16 hours 11 min agoPretty funny
- Pedal-powered coffee grinder: ultimate hipster accessory or spoof?16 hours 23 min agoI'll stick to the dynamo
I'll stick to the dynamo driven charger for my beard trimmer.
It's designed by a bunch of passionate and committed engineering artisans in Portland who were tired of The Man (as represented by big electric companies) profiteering fron those needing to keep a really well trimmed beard that doesn't catch the macchiato froth.
It's available in recycled packaging from all good Hackney bike shops, craftsmen made in China by people equally passionate, so much so that they left education early and willingly work 18 hour days lovingly crafting them. Or is that Apple?
- 6 years in jail for drunk & banned driver who killed Sussex cyclist16 hours 26 min agoOK, it's perhaps not the
OK, it's perhaps not the finest but it's a start.
Interested to see how it develops, does anyone actually want change and can 'another campaign' change anything?
At least it keeps the issue at heart and promotes discussion.
- How to enjoy a calorie neutral Christmas16 hours 27 min agoHow about - relax and eat
How about - relax and eat what you like, because actually you're not a pro cyclist who relies on winning bike races to feed your family? So it's probably fine to indulge for one week out of 52, actually...