- Metric Century Challenge 2013-20141 year 6 weeks ago19/01/2014 / 130.3 km / 1
19/01/2014 / 130.3 km / 1 point /130.3km Total Points :1 Distance :130.3 km
02/02/2014 / 101.7 km / 1 point /101.7 km Total Points :2 Distance : 232.0 km
- Times sportswriter Simon Barnes denounces Derby cycle track1 year 6 weeks agoAnother non-story really,
Another non-story really, next?
- Chris Boardman: "Helmets not even in top 10 of things that keep cycling safe"1 year 6 weeks agoI cycled to school in the 80s
I cycled to school in the 80s too, cranially naked. Must be said though, there's a fuckload of extra traffic, with more distracted drivers too, and a different culture and attitude to risk.
I agree with CB though.
- Belfast politician calls for flags and mural ban during Giro d'Italia visit1 year 6 weeks agoPotemkin Belfast, great, just
Potemkin Belfast, great, just what we need. Just pick a route and show it, warts and all.
- Can you change your team name?1 year 6 weeks agoThank you very much chaps! I
Thank you very much chaps! I was under the impression I'd already checked through the account but there you go!
- Chris Boardman: "Helmets not even in top 10 of things that keep cycling safe"1 year 6 weeks agoGood points. I think back to
Good points. I think back to when I cycled to school in the 80s; didn't know what helmets or high viz was. What's changed? Some parallels to the ski helmet debate here. Everyone's wearing them but the overall skiing injury statistics say they haven't made a difference.
- Chris Boardman: "Helmets not even in top 10 of things that keep cycling safe"1 year 6 weeks agoHes certainly on the money,
Hes certainly on the money, he needs an official government position with lots of clout.
- Inside Line Equipment Default rucksack1 year 6 weeks agoAlso - can levermonkey point
Also - can levermonkey point us to the source for that etymology / definition? Genuinely interested - I say "rucksack" to mean a bag with a waist/hip strap, and "backpack" to mean one without, but maybe I'm wrong?
- Inside Line Equipment Default rucksack1 year 6 weeks agoI'm using a £30 sailing
I'm using a £30 sailing rucksack from LOMO, and really liking it. Best bag I've had so far!
I can see that this thing might be a step up (in some ways), but why is it over £100 more expensive?
- Terry Cyclo Brief1 year 6 weeks agoFORTY FIVE QUID !!! ???......
FORTY FIVE QUID !!! ???...... Why are cyclists always regarded as stupid cash cows ?
- Chris Boardman: "Helmets not even in top 10 of things that keep cycling safe"1 year 6 weeks agoI really agree with that.
I really agree with that. Helmet most strongly advocated by people who don't ride bikes that often. I think it is time that calm common sense prevails.
- Rider Visability1 year 6 weeks agoI would go with what mooleur
I would go with what mooleur has linked. The flare.
What you are describing sounds like one of those nasty Chinese product or something you would find at an airport
- Times sportswriter Simon Barnes denounces Derby cycle track1 year 6 weeks agonowasps wrote:He may wellnowasps wrote:
He may well have a point, but lashing out at cycling is veering towards Daily Mail territory.
I wasn't aware he was - but as the article is pay-walled I can't really check. The only organisations or people i've heard him actually criticise are the council and BC, and i'm not sure he doesn't have a point.
Anyone seen the full article who can comment ?
- Chris Boardman: "Helmets not even in top 10 of things that keep cycling safe"1 year 6 weeks agoThe more comment I hear from
The more comment I hear from Boardman the more I believe he needs to be our cycling Tsar, good lad
- Chris Boardman: "Helmets not even in top 10 of things that keep cycling safe"1 year 6 weeks agoWhy o why can't we have more
Why o why can't we have more people in power in this country with this sort of pragmatic outlook ?
- Vuelta a Andalucia1 year 6 weeks agoTwybaydos wrote:...you have 3Twybaydos wrote:
...you have 3 Sky and 3 MTN - is that allowed?
Crap. I didn't notice, Twy. I just wanted to stack my team. Pretty good attention to detail, there I would want to leave it as it is, though I like the flexibility of doing that... and we already had a team in the last Forum Based Competition with 3 BMC riders... So, honestly, I'm ok with playing without that rule...
- Chris Boardman: "Helmets not even in top 10 of things that keep cycling safe"1 year 6 weeks agototally the correct approach.
totally the correct approach. Helmets are a reaction to the problem not the solution to the problem
- Belfast politician calls for flags and mural ban during Giro d'Italia visit1 year 6 weeks agoI really can't wait to see
I really can't wait to see the Giro over here but my one big fear is that the gabshites on either side may see this as a great way to get their message across and try and pull some stupid stunts on the route (you only have to see the response to the "GAA shirt that wasn't a GAA shirt on Eastenders" nonsense to see that it doesn't take much of a perceived slight to create misplaced indignation among the hard-of-thinking). Is there any chance Bernard Hinault will ride in the peloton in case of any protestors trying to block roads?!?
- Chris Boardman: "Helmets not even in top 10 of things that keep cycling safe"1 year 6 weeks agoWell said Chris
Well said Chris
- Inside Line Equipment Default rucksack1 year 6 weeks agoOr attach a supertough bin
Or attach a supertough bin liner to your back with zip ties.
In all honesty.
ILE make great quality bags and are a tiny independent company, which is also good.
- Flooding forces closure of part of Bristol & Bath Railway Path1 year 6 weeks agoThe last time I went through
The last time I went through the 'puddle' was last week and, whilst it was the worst I'd seen it, it wasn't that bad. Somebody tweeted this morning it was 25cm deep (ie below bottom bracket) and rideable. Bit of 'man-up princess', or in cycling speak, Rule #5 (Harden the f#*% up).
- Rider Visability1 year 6 weeks agoOhhh yeah I remember that,
Ohhh yeah I remember that, though wasn't it a light? Something like this? http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fibre-flare-ultimate-safety-rear-tail-light-single/
- Focus launch new lighter Mares CX cycle-cross bike with disc brakes and bolt-thru axles1 year 6 weeks ago"Focus has developed Rapid
"Focus has developed Rapid Axle Technology (RAT)".....looks like the Manitou 15QR Hexloc system only without the Hex.
- Times sportswriter Simon Barnes denounces Derby cycle track1 year 6 weeks agoIf you investigate this
If you investigate this further you'll see that the track is being built on what looks like a brownfield site, of which the nature reserve is part of - see photo here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=670191436336972&set=pcb.67019156...
Looks like there are plenty of other sites very close - why not build on one of those?
- Welwyn Garden City councillor slams Women’s Tour stage as “frittering away” taxpayers’ money1 year 6 weeks agoyou'd have thought any canny
you'd have thought any canny councilor would have milked Welwyn's connections with the Trott sisters and tried to have had them name checked as well to promote cycling in the place.
How much does the council pay towards the up keep of the velodrome there, anyone know?