- Strada Velocity A23/Sapim CX-Ray wheelset1 year 33 weeks agoIve got a pair and they are
Ive got a pair and they are very light and comfy, as per monkey i have them with CX- rays but Strada built on strada hubs, hit 1410g
Problem is my 20/24 Radial/2cross is not very laterally stiff (at all). I really would recommend sticking to either 24-28 or getting standard double butted spokes. dont be too ambitious!
- Riccardo Riccò handed 12-year-ban by Italian Olympic committee1 year 33 weeks agoThat's not messing about, is
That's not messing about, is it?
- Updated: Sneak peek: Lezyne Femto Drive LEDs1 year 33 weeks agoNice, i myself have the
Nice, i myself have the lezyne power drive a very powerful front light, bit pricey, but you cant put a price on your life, plus its a fantastic light.
I'm waiting for the matching rear light to match this, this one seems nice, the guys in my local bike shop said a while ago a rear light was coming, but would expect a bit more than this for a rear light 7 lumens, good but I don't think bright enough. Also needs a rechargable battery
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers calls for blind spot sensors to be made compulsory on HGVs and buses1 year 33 weeks agoI'm very sceptical of some of
I'm very sceptical of some of this. It seems to be the kind of mental vesting of the "technology will fix this" attitude to road safety that often has little evidence to justify it, fails to grasp the human factor in accident causation (e.g. risk compensation), which then leads to little improvement in actual road safety.
E.g. these cyclists sensors, how much actual warning can they give? If they give lots of advance warning, then they're going to go off quite a lot and drivers simply will be complacent about them. Indeed, there may not be any change in behaviour.
A better solution, adopted in some continental places, would be to bar very large trucks from dense urban areas...
- Stoke-on-Trent hosts Grand Final of 2012 Halfords Tour Series including TTT in memory of local legend1 year 33 weeks agoMight pop down to the Durham
Might pop down to the Durham one. Given the current enthusiasm for 'pave' I wonder if they'll use some of the cobbly streets around the town centre?
- Updated: Sneak peek: Lezyne Femto Drive LEDs1 year 33 weeks agothe basic knog lights are
the basic knog lights are under a tenner aren't they? Just as well when they randomly detach themselves from your bike or helmet and ping off into the darkness.
- TfL warns it will take action against Addison Lee as London minicab firm tells its drivers to use bus lanes1 year 33 weeks agoThe quicker a Taxi or
The quicker a Taxi or Mini-Cab completes its journey, the more money they can make. So they are desperate to complete each journey as quick as possible. Therefore going for the gaps and swerving at the last second, overtaking on the inside is just normal activity for them. Mr Griffins' income would increase greatly if he gets his way.
He sounds like a winging greedy person to me.
He obviously hasn't tried cycling in built up areas, possibly because his Mummy won't let him.
If he is to get his way, maybe it should be dependant on him cycling around central London in the middle of all those Addison Lee vehicles, he would love it. He should be challenged to this over the course of a month, then he would be better equipped to make an argument for or against it.
HE SHOULDN'T BE IN A POSITION TO MAKE A PLEA FOR USING BUS LANES UNTIL HE HAS CYCLED IN CENTRAL LONDON IN THE MIDDLE OF ALL THOSE ADDISON LEE VEHICLES.
- Strada Velocity A23/Sapim CX-Ray wheelset1 year 33 weeks agoI've just built a set, with
I've just built a set, with the A23's, Sapim cx rays and some different hubs, I've only done one ride in really windy conditions so I haven't got the measure of them yet, but they seem pretty good. Mine came in a shade over 1400g two crossed on the front and radial and two cross on the rear. I've got latex tubes and vittoria corsa cx's on mine and they make a lovely noise as they roll.
- Updated: Sneak peek: Lezyne Femto Drive LEDs1 year 33 weeks agonowasps wrote:That works outnowasps wrote:
That works out at about £10. Not bad for a nicely made lamp.
Be interesting to see how much they are on sale over here for, general rule of thumb is that the US dollar price tends to translate accross in to the same number of pounds. Even so, £14.99 would be pretty competitive - not sure that knog, for instance, do anything that cheap.
- TfL seeks High Court injuction against Addison Lee in bus lane row1 year 33 weeks agoInteresting discussion with
Interesting discussion with my firm's Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
If deliberately infringing a bus lane can be prosecuted as a criminal offence by TfL, then accepting and processing money as fares for the trip could arguably be classified as "Proceeds of Crime" under POCA and ML regs. No regulated business (most of the City of London) should tolerate that. The MLRO didn't think he would have an obligation to report Adlee to the National Criminal Investigation Service because the acts are common knowledge, but it raises ethical questions for the customer.....
- Leicester City Council rejects calls to let cyclists use 18th Century pedestrian route into city centre1 year 33 weeks agoThe point everyone seems to
The point everyone seems to miss is that some will always ride inconsiderately.
New Walk is a precious symbol to some an obvious safe choice to others interestingly the pavement on one side of London Road throuighpout that stretch is 15' feet wide and v.little used by pedestrians ie theres an obvious laternative there.
Alternatively there are two adjacent streets linked by the sacred NW which could be used to create a cycle way
- Updated: Sneak peek: Lezyne Femto Drive LEDs1 year 33 weeks agoThat works out at about £10.
That works out at about £10. Not bad for a nicely made lamp.
- What a great text from the wife1 year 33 weeks agoI think it was latest or
I think it was latest or recent cycling active. Either ultegra on roubaix or a Scott that the comment was made.
It was a borrowed mag so didn't make a proper note tbh.
Anyone here got a Venge or ridden one btw?
- Olympic road race route video released (+ video)1 year 33 weeks ago(No subject)
- Fleche Wallone1 year 33 weeks agodarren13366 wrote: I don'tdarren13366 wrote:
I don't understand people who are playing purist being frustrated about scoring no points in the classics? Surely you knew this would happen? And if it's frustrating and not enjoyable, they why not submit another team to play with the transfers? I suppose we're British and like a good moan eh? Bloody motorists
- Fleche Wallone1 year 33 weeks agoiammarcmason wrote:bah hadiammarcmason wrote:
bah had the wrong start list a few days ago, ended up with a bunch of emergency transfers and came out negative 29 points. oh well, it's only a game at this point =]
It's not necessary to have 9 active riders. As long as you have 9 riders whether they are active or greyed-out makes no difference. You just can't have an empty space.
- What a great text from the wife1 year 33 weeks agodon't think I've ever seen a
don't think I've ever seen a negative report for Shimano groupset stuff, TBH. At the end of the day it's just evolutionary - (unless you go Di2) there's nothing revolutionary about them, 2012 mechanical Ultegra will be very well sorted.
Cannondale Synapse Ultegra!
- Stoke-on-Trent hosts Grand Final of 2012 Halfords Tour Series including TTT in memory of local legend1 year 33 weeks agooo-ee! One in the North
oo-ee! One in the North West!
Only problem now is the mid-week placing - if I was an employee it's be fine, but I'm self-employed and tight-fisted - do I forfeit a day's work... hmmm
- Updated: Sneak peek: Lezyne Femto Drive LEDs1 year 33 weeks ago"It's also likely to be
"It's also likely to be inexpensive."
I think thats a typo!
- Just in: Giant TCR Advanced 31 year 33 weeks agoLovely, i'd love to know if
Lovely, i'd love to know if there is any real ride difference between the Advanced and the Composite which i'm after.
- What a great text from the wife1 year 33 weeks agoI have 2012 105 on my allez
I have 2012 105 on my allez and 2012 ultegra on my shiny new cannondale. The ultegra is definitely a step up in quality and I'm very pleased with it.
- What a great text from the wife1 year 33 weeks agoAren't they like £6k ?!
Aren't they like £6k ?!
Not got that kind of budget.
My humble aiming would be Spesh Tarmac Elite v Pinarello FP due
Budget buster choice between Pinarello FP quattro v Spesh Venge Expert.
So either 105 or Ultegra.
Anyone know if the 2012 ultegra is ok? I read one negative report.
Also to answer my own question, pinarello warranty is 3 years.
- strava segment uploads1 year 33 weeks agoThanks for the info to I
Thanks for the info to I wondered how segmentation worked on Strava. A fantastic website (I've only just been told about)for GPS tracking.
- Just in: Giant TCR Advanced 31 year 33 weeks agoAny information on weight?
Any information on weight? I'd love to know how much a large with the full rig weighs.
- Stoke-on-Trent hosts Grand Final of 2012 Halfords Tour Series including TTT in memory of local legend1 year 33 weeks agomind=blown just thinking
mind=blown just thinking about the feat