- Showers Pass VelEau hydration system1 year 5 weeks agoKool!
- Thinking about a hybrid... sorry!1 year 5 weeks agoI also have a hybrid and use
I also have a hybrid and use it for family duties and bashing around on canal paths and bridle ways around london - much better than riding on the road sometimes (I have 2 road bikes and poper NTB).
I built mine up from bits and pieces using a Pinnacle cobalt frame os sale at Evans for £85. But then I have a lot of bits and pieces. It's light, handles well and has zero brand or cool factor. Which makes it all the nicer over takings expensive MTBs on canal paths.
That's silly money really - the frame is pretty standard Taiwanese fare, but the basic idea is good. Maybe build something up to your own spec and have a ball
- Four years' jail for drunk driver who killed cyclist as she chased boyfriend's car1 year 5 weeks agoworkhard wrote:She'll be outworkhard wrote:
She'll be out in two, will be driving again shortly thereafter, will put it behind her, like thousands of others have done, and will get on with her life. Just a mistake.
That mindset strikes me as effed up from a cyclist. But then the driver mindset prevails in our culture which is why such pitiful sentences get handed down.
gmac101's experience is an example of sentencing for road crime that is too lenient. I agree. I never said that dangerous drivers should have an easy ride.
You and some of the other knee-jerk reactionaries just repeat this mistaken belief that long prison sentences are effective, both as punishment and a deterrent, for all types of crimes. The evidence shows they are not.
Your "lock 'em up for life" rant may briefly help you feel a little bit better but in the real world it changes nothing. Why not remove the blinkers and read a basic textbook on Crime & Punishment or the work of campaigners involved in this area?
- Will Andy Schleck ever be any good again?1 year 5 weeks agoPossibly...
Just look at
Just look at Laurent Fignon, three years an enfant terrible, he has expected to be the new Bernard Hainault, then for 3 years from 85 nothing. But starting with a Milan-San Remo in 88 he had an excellent two years (another M-SR, a Giro, 2nd in the 89 Tour), so it can happen.
- Tour de France leader Vincenzo Nibali insists Italian cycling is cleaning up its act1 year 5 weeks agoJust look at the facial
Just look at the facial expressions of riders when tackling big climbs - more and more nowadays show the pain and effort of climbing which many think is a sign of less doping.
As for those who continually tackle these climbs with a 'deadpan' expression of their faces ...............
Make your own mind up.
- Is Ned Boulting any good?1 year 5 weeks agoI don't care. So long as he
I don't care. So long as he and Boardman keep doing their pieces to camera. The bunny in the suitcase was spot on.
- Richie Porte says chest infection put paid to Tour de France hopes1 year 5 weeks agoEverytime a Sky rider can't
Everytime a Sky rider can't keep up with the pace.....Oh, he's ill.....I'm starting to smell bullshit.
Why can't they just be honest, well maybe they are, but it is becoming an overused phrase by Sky.
- Video: FDJ.fr’s Arnaud Démare answers TdF call of nature – by nipping into fan’s motorhome1 year 5 weeks agoHe wasn't going to spend a
He wasn't going to spend a penny, like you can do at the road side.
He had a dose of the trotts. can't really just squat at the roadside for that......although you could jump in a farmers field like the story a while back
- Hole worn in inner tube in pannier1 year 5 weeks agoAlways keep it in the box it
Always keep it in the box it comes with, that is what it is for. Different if you are using a saddle bag, but in a pannier, there isn't so much of a space constraint
- Tour de France Stage 151 year 5 weeks agoYou know every time you hit
You know every time you hit reload it causes the server to use more load on your reloads and takes away from the score updating......DUH
Also, it is me on scoring until the end now, both on this and Skoda
- Showers Pass VelEau hydration system1 year 5 weeks agoand there's always this....
and there's always this....
- Tour de France leader Vincenzo Nibali insists Italian cycling is cleaning up its act1 year 5 weeks agoQuote:I found last year'sQuote:
I found last year's vuelta ridiculous, quite frankly. The climbing battles were a work of fiction.
Of course I don't know the details, and I can only go on a general impression from afar, but I feel the same about the Vuelta, and have given up watching it.
- People living near cycle paths get 45 minutes' more exercise overall every week1 year 5 weeks agoBuild it and they will come
Build it and they will come
- Tour de France Stage 151 year 5 weeks agoSo who's scoring today?...
So who's scoring today?... Oh, yay! We're up! Thank you!
- Thinking about a hybrid... sorry!1 year 5 weeks agoI have a Specialized Sirrus
I have a Specialized Sirrus which I custom built with a carbon Zertz fork and slammed the front end as much as possible for going quick
wheels are Hope Hoops (Hope hubs on Mavic Open Pro), Continental 4-seasons in 25c and a road groupset consisting of Shimano 105 with Tiagra 10 speed flat bar shifters and Shimano XT v-brakes, plus S-Works carbon bar, carbon railed saddle, carbon seatpost and most importantly full length SKS mudguards for bad weather
here's an older photo with old wheelset, cranks, etc.
my "other" bike is a Tarmac SL4 with Ultegra and Fulcrum Racing 5's
The Sirrus is a great workhorse that will take ongoing commuting abuse, but feels much quicker than other hybrids I have owned or ridden...
There are a number of manufacturers making good "sports" hybrids which are basically flat-bar road bikes that will take bigger volume tires and mudguards
- Tour de France Stage 151 year 5 weeks agoGod... the wait is
God... the wait is agonizing...
- Tour de France Stage 151 year 5 weeks agoI hate waiting...
I hate waiting...
- Tour de France Stage 151 year 5 weeks agoOk, so what takes longer? The
Ok, so what takes longer? The system updating all the rider and league data or the actual loading of today's scores? How long does it usually take to upload the daily scores? So, after you do that, then you click 'Submit', the job is done and then all you have to do is wait for the system to process everything?... Is that what takes 15 minutes or so?...
- Video: FDJ.fr’s Arnaud Démare answers TdF call of nature – by nipping into fan’s motorhome1 year 5 weeks agoSo the village green's not
So the village green's not good enough for him eh? Bloomin French.
- Hole worn in inner tube in pannier1 year 6 weeks agoKeep it in the box if it's in
Keep it in the box if it's in a pannier?
- Nearly got wiped out by a VW today - video1 year 6 weeks agocarytb wrote:I think somecarytb wrote:
I think some idiots play a game of trying to stay inside of the middle white line whilst trying to pass on narrow lanes!
There's a related species who do about 60mph on country lanes and pull out into the opposite lane directly after passing you, rather than before and during (which would be preferable).
- Hole worn in inner tube in pannier1 year 6 weeks agoYes, and it is the friction
Yes, and it is the friction that the (several layers of) cling film is supposed to avoid. Months between punctures. 100 miles a week.
- Tour de France Stage 15: Alexander Kristoff wins the sprint as Jack Bauer caught at the death1 year 6 weeks agoWow!!!! Amazing finish.
Wow!!!! Amazing finish.
- Is Ned Boulting any good?1 year 6 weeks agoSomewhere in Ned's "On the
Somewhere in Ned's "On the Road" book it mentions an e-mail he received from Boardman after a particularly taxing and hilly ride. "You are stronger on a bike than you know", says the master. O that I should have earned such a compliment.
- Tour de France leader Vincenzo Nibali insists Italian cycling is cleaning up its act1 year 6 weeks agonotfastenough wrote:
I foundnotfastenough wrote:
I found last year's vuelta ridiculous, quite frankly. The climbing battles were a work of fiction. Only Froome tired.
More or less ridiculous than Froome's seated-spin attack in the TdF, which was a 'result of being in the wrong gear' (er, later revised to 'wind-tunnel tested and deliberate')?