- Tour de Romandie1 year 32 weeks agoNice work, Brajkovic has
Nice work, Brajkovic has replaced Iglinsky, So no Iglinsky for those who have him!
- Tour de Romandie1 year 32 weeks agoSuch service! Thanks for
Such service! Thanks for keeping an eye out. Here goes again:
De Gendt 18.4
- Interview: Mark Cavendish on David Millar, the Tour, the Olympics and becoming a father1 year 32 weeks agoDavid Millar did not fail a
David Millar did not fail a drug test as I understand? He admitted his guilt did he not? Not sure what the police found but syringes are not conclusive evidence unless they have illegal substances in them, surely? He could have just said,'prove it'. Give him some credit for not trying to insult our inteligence. I think of the riders as victims of drug abuse. There is definately pressure both because of a belief that others are doing it and a desire to do what is neccessary to win. Many riders will suffer the consequences of their actions in later life it is not just 'The Sport' that suffers. Money and glory in later life are no use if your body is f****d.
- Spanish press says mystery WADA witness in Contador case is masseur who claims rider doped in 20051 year 32 weeks agoForgive me if I am saying
Forgive me if I am saying something utterly stupid here but if insulin and insulin syringes are banned in cycling then what do Team Type 1 do? Or do they have some sort of special dispensation? Or am I talking nonsense?
- Road Cycling Show1 year 32 weeks agoOK, as requested on another
OK, as requested on another thread - here is a brief overview of the show.
First up apologies for no pics - I left the camera at home by mistake! Doh!
Anyway, Super Mario opened the show at 9.30 as promised.
Other riders there were Alex Dowsett, Christian Knees and Matt Hayman of Sky. Special thanks to Matt for taking time out to talk to my son.
The highlights for me personally:
The Pinarello/Sigma Sport stand - although I am a tad biased as I was drooling over the possible purchase of a Pinarello but also as Sigma stock Spesh having a good chat there about my other contender.
De Rosa stand was also adorned with some nice kit and guy I spoke to from there was a top bloke too.
Another great stand was the Cycling Weekly 'super bikes' stand with pro level bikes everywhere from the likes of Trek (including the new Domane) Wilier, Spesh, Pinarello, LaPierre, BMC, De Rosa, etc
It was a bit smaller than I thought it would be (although fine for the entry price imho).
Many of the listed 'bikes' at the show literally were just 1 and l;ocked up on the 'super bikes' stand rather than those makes actually being at the show.
Having to leave earlier than planned (ie missing the race in the afternoon) as my father felt unwell.
Would I go again? Certainly.
Also, as mentioned above - nice to meet Andy who stars in this month's Cycling Active as I onyl found out today while flicking through the copy my Dad bought at the show!
- Help me make up mind please!1 year 32 weeks agoCanyon Ultimate CF SLX was
Canyon Ultimate CF SLX was our bike of the year last year
Currently less than £2,500 for a Dura Ace spec with Ksyrium Elite wheels. It's not just great value, it's a brilliant bike too.
- Help me make up mind please!1 year 32 weeks agoI'm not debating the quality
I'm not debating the quality or anything, merely that I wouldn't blame him for being a bit wary of spending circa £3k on something he's not seen! Liking/loving it is subjective.
If he could check one out beforehand, I agree that he could be onto a winner.
- Neck/Trapezius Pain1 year 32 weeks agoDo you stretch much post
Do you stretch much post ride? The vertebra in between the shoulder blades often need to loosen up in most people. I'm 40 and I'm aware I've a definite lack of flexibility there. Try curving your spin in the opposite direction to being in a tuck. The Stretching book by Bob Anderson is good http://www.stretching.com/
- Help me make up mind please!1 year 32 weeks agoGreat feedback guys - keep it
Great feedback guys - keep it coming.
Hadn't figured on negative badge comments on the Pinarello so that was an eye opener tbh!
It really is between the Spesh and Quattro though. Weighed up loads of other bikes and nearly wandered in mind a couple of times but after reading, looking at and talking with others it is down to these two.
Without trying to muddy the waters on price comparisons, etc there is a big saving if I go for the Spesh. However coming in under budget is the only reason to buy a bike imho.
Both are black by the way.
Now I am off to updat emy thread about the Road Show!
- Spanish press says mystery WADA witness in Contador case is masseur who claims rider doped in 20051 year 32 weeks agoMy thoughts cat1 were that
My thoughts cat1 were that insulin could help maintain a low bodyweight? Presumably it would be undetectable as it is rapidly assimilated. Clenbutarol is a drug used to facilitate weight loss as well. Cannot understand why you would be trying to reduce your body weight during the tour; surely you would be trying to maintain bodyweight! Which makes your 'anabolic' conclusion more likely. I am thinking there are some clever people behind these chemical interventions...
- Spanish press says mystery WADA witness in Contador case is masseur who claims rider doped in 20051 year 32 weeks agoFrom CBC
From CBC Sports
TYPE OF SUBSTANCE Peptide Hormone
WHAT FORM DOES THE DRUG TAKE? injection
CLINICAL USE Insulin is a natural hormone secreted from the pancreas, which controls the levels of glucose in the body. Diabetics use it to prevent a rise in blood sugars.
WHY ATHLETES USE IT & WHY IT'S BANNED Athletes use insulin in conjunction with anabolic steroids to help build muscles. It also helps athletes increase their stamina and endurance.
SPORTS MOST ASSOCIATED WITH ITS USE bodybuilding, power-lifting, cycling
WHO'S TESTED POSITIVE? Italian cyclist Marco Pantani, winner of the 1998 Tour de France, was suspended after being found guilty of possessing an insulin syringe at the 2001 Giro d'Italia.
- Help me make up mind please!1 year 32 weeks agoWhat's not to like? They are
What's not to like? They are a superb ride and proper race machine ... same as Rodriguez won on this year and Greipel last. Not replicas like you get from Pina and Spesh.
- Tour de Romandie1 year 32 weeks agoWiggins Bradley
Wiggins Bradley (GBR) SKY 38.4
Hesjedal Ryder (CAN) GAR 27.4
Van Garderen Tejay (USA)BMC 28.8
Rolland Pierre (FRA) EUC 27.9
Szmyd Sylwester (POL) LIQ 7
Wynants Maarten (BEL) RAB 3.8
Westra Lieuwe (NED) VCD 8.4
Astarloza Mikel (ESP) EUS 2.5
Spilak Simon (SLO) KAT 5.7
- Interview: Mark Cavendish on David Millar, the Tour, the Olympics and becoming a father1 year 32 weeks agoissacforce wrote:as much as iissacforce wrote:
as much as i like cav, david millar should and been banned for life from sport he cheated and got caughtlike lots of other sports people who should have been banned for life as well.
According to issacforce's theory if you've committed a crime and served the appropriate time, for the offence, then you shouldn't be allowed to work or have any other involvement in society.
David Millar has served his sentence and paid his dues. He deserves a second chance.
- Help me make up mind please!1 year 32 weeks agoHe would, but what if he
He would, but what if he didn't like the ride?
- Help me make up mind please!1 year 32 weeks agoYou'd get a lot more for your
You'd get a lot more for your money at Canyon!
For that money, full Dura Ace/Sram Red or Campag Record and better wheels ...and 1kg lighter!
- Updated: Addison Lee backlash: Politicians and cyclists unite to condemn views of minicab firm boss1 year 32 weeks agoJoemmo - perfectly sensible
Joemmo - perfectly sensible of them to suggest that - in the same way that if we both owned the same make/model of car, and yours was stolen, it would be your fault that my insurance premium increased!
The mind boggles...
- Help me make up mind please!1 year 32 weeks ago1. Given that you already own
1. Given that you already own a spesh, will you subsequently regret not using your nice little carte blanche blessing from your missus to buy something more exotic?
2. Do the odd-looking forks/stays on the Pino do your head in, or do you like them?
Spesh in carbon black/red looks nice.
Let's face it, neither of them is going to be a lemon!
Are you going to post something telling us mere mortals about the road cycling show then?!
- Spanish press says mystery WADA witness in Contador case is masseur who claims rider doped in 20051 year 32 weeks agoNot sure what insulin
Not sure what insulin injections would do, other than making riders hypoglycaemic. Maybe they mean Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF-1)? That's potentially anabolic, and may help recovery, though there is no good evidence for its performance enhancing effects, and it is likely to be carcinogenic.
- SRAM extend WiFLi wide-range gearing to Red and Force groupsets1 year 32 weeks agolazyusername wrote:Is therelazyusername wrote:
Is there any reason why one of these WiFLi mechs wouldn't work with a campag setup aside from campag not making a 10s cassette with a decent range
You cant run a SRAM mech with Campagnolo shifters, wrong actuation ratio.
And while were talking ratio's, does anyone know if you can run SRAMs MTB mechs with their Road shifters? pretty sure ive seen it done, if so then you could quite easilly fit a XX rear mech and 36t cassette for those days when you simply cannot get up hills
- FS FSA SL-K Carbon Zero Setback Seatpost RK-260 31.6mm 350mm1 year 32 weeks agonow sold
- Help me make up mind please!1 year 32 weeks agoI'd buy the prettier one and
I'd buy the prettier one and ignore the warranty issue, three years is enough for any major frame issue to surface and you'll have worn out the rest of it by then.
- looks to see which looks prettier to me
I'd go for the pinarello if its the matt black one I can see on wiggle.
- Help me make up mind please!1 year 32 weeks agoOOooo 'everyone has a
OOooo 'everyone has a Specialized',,,, Ooooo 'is that a Chinarelo', just statements and questions ;o)
Can't really speak for the Pino (personally) but always had good service and back-up from Specialized and you are talking about a good one with good kit. It's the bike you are buying though and not the name, go for the one that suits you the best, one you are happy with and forget 'what others may think' it's your cash old chap.
Two buddies of mine have beautiful Pino's but I have to say it's now a standing joke 'question' whenever they turn up for a ride - 'is that a real one?' we all wail, totally in fun though.
Now just like owning a top of the range Rolex watch, everyone asks, 'is it a real one?'.
Both good bikes mate.
- Fantasy Cycling: Spring Classics review1 year 32 weeks ago@20thebear - off to the GP
@20thebear - off to the GP now for blood pressure check-up.....
- Updated: Addison Lee backlash: Politicians and cyclists unite to condemn views of minicab firm boss1 year 32 weeks agomaybe he's the boss because
maybe he's the boss because he started or bought the company and unless he has shareholders or investors to answer to there's no reason to expect him to stand down.
re; the Daily Fail, I occasionally get their cycling stories popping up in my google news feed and am drawn to them like a moth to a flame, more for the comments than anything else.
My favourite idiot in this particular instance was the one suggesting that cyclists cause air pollution because they force cars to drive at suboptimal speeds, as if all traffic congestion is caused by cyclists. You've got to admire the breadth of stupidity.