- Charge Plug 4 road bike1 year 6 weeks agoDon't quite get Pauls
Don't quite get Pauls comments....OK you'd have to buy the bits he wants but the cost is minimal apart from guards. Many bikes don't come with panniers and racks!
- When do the mudguards come off?1 year 6 weeks agoNever...they stay on all year
Never...they stay on all year round my bike. Permanent fixture!
- Coroner: "No doubt" that pothole caused crash that killed cyclist1 year 6 weeks agoAgree with mrmo.
Agree with mrmo.
Its frankly disgraceful that the high n mighty Councils use there own powers against all when they can but the electorate have no persuation to the Council in reverse.
Our highway infrastructure is a crumbling mess leaving horrendous future problems to others.
We have roads in Plymouth repaired poorly only last year that are falling apart already. The roads are pretty much only being decorated at the moment.
- Strade Bianche Rider List1 year 6 weeks agoenrique wrote:I may be wrongenrique wrote:
I may be wrong but I think this is the official start list:
Atl least it's got the official Strade Bianche and RCS Sports logos on it
(Courtesy of @StradeBianche)
It can be found at the Gazetta site:
when you click on "Inscriti" under 'Info Generali'
Your right that what you are showing is official, my point being that it was out of date and published over 2 weeks ago, one rider being on that list gives it away. So Dave was waiting for reconfirmation of official team
- Positive test for 2013 Track Worlds medallist Kirill Sveshnikov1 year 6 weeks agoedster99 wrote:Xenon !
Why, do his eyes glow in the dark?! /joke
- Coroner: "No doubt" that pothole caused crash that killed cyclist1 year 6 weeks agoAs usual the CPS decide it's
As usual the CPS decide it's not a case worth pursuing. Clearly not in the public interest this.
- Coroner: "No doubt" that pothole caused crash that killed cyclist1 year 6 weeks agoknowing what the
knowing what the Gloucestershire County Council definition of a defect is, i have no doubt that a) the hole existed b) the hole was potentially dangerous c) not big enough for the council to consider it a problem.
When councils are run by car drivers, no consideration is made to the safety of cyclists and motorcyclists. A "minor" defect in a car can be a huge defect for other road users!
- I've just bought a BB30 FSA Adaptor for my Carbon Frame What's the best tool to install it?1 year 6 weeks agoThey go in to a scrupulously
They go in to a scrupulously clean and degreased BB with a headset press and lots of green loctite.
I recommend professional fitting.
There are special removal tools needed as its semi permanent.
- 5 clever cycling innovations from the Taipei Cycle Show1 year 6 weeks agoI guess the one advantage of
I guess the one advantage of the bike tent is that if someone steals your wheels then you'll know about it. Actually that's probably a disadvantage as you'll also be rendered homeless.
- Top Gear: Cyclist’s widow tells Jeremy Clarkson: 'Look me in the eye'1 year 6 weeks agonotfastenough wrote:redmeatnotfastenough wrote:redmeat wrote:
People are far too easily offended these days. Ooh, my feelings were hurt. Please.
Only 6 comments from this user, don't feed the troll guys.
- I've just bought a BB30 FSA Adaptor for my Carbon Frame What's the best tool to install it?1 year 6 weeks agoThis is the
This is the one.
- When do the mudguards come off?1 year 6 weeks agoI loose the guards when the
I loose the guards when the clocks change and I'm sure all the salt is washed away. Last year they were still salting the roads in April here in Scotland. I use cruds so they can clip back on if the weather is suspect for those longer rides. The commuter keeps it's guards all the year round. There's no way I want to come off shift and face 20 odd miles in the pouring rain without them. And it means the daily bike is looked after.
- When do the mudguards come off?1 year 6 weeks agostill too many flooded roads
still too many flooded roads to be thinking about taking guards off just yet.
- When do the mudguards come off?1 year 6 weeks agoAgree with the above.
Agree with the above.
If you're going to get a wet arse on most of your rides, keep 'em on.
- When do the mudguards come off?1 year 6 weeks agoSKS Raceblade Longs say 'any
SKS Raceblade Longs say 'any time it's sunny and you've got a free 10 seconds'
- Lezyne Sport Digital Floor Drive DV track pump1 year 6 weeks agoCanAmSteveCanAmSteve wrote:
Ergonomically, why not move the display closer to the top, so it can be seen more easily? LCDs can be hard to read at some angles. It would also keep the electric bits further from the muck.
Totally agree - hopefully it would make that tiny on/off switch a bit more accessible too.
- Converting Campag wheels to 11sp Shimano1 year 6 weeks ago...and I should probably call
...and I should probably call out the campag wheels were 11 speed Campag before converting.
- US-Uk Custom Duties. Ebay1 year 6 weeks agojacknorell wrote:giff77jacknorell wrote:giff77 wrote:
As others have said. You pay the tax on anything imported into the country. On the flip side the vendor in the States will probably have had to include/declare Sales Tax on the frame. Your asking him to declare it as a gift would have been possibly compromised his values hence his silence. I'm sure the tax authorities in that States are as vigorous as those here in the UK
Items sold internationally or across state lines in the US do not incur sales tax. That's only done on a state / city level.
The recipient is meant to pay the sales tax directly to the state department dealing with sales tax.
So, no, the seller wouldn't care about sales tax in this case. Any US seller including sales tax for an international sale is trying to rip you off.
Thanks for correcting me jack. One less thing for me to be ignorant about
- Converting Campag wheels to 11sp Shimano1 year 6 weeks agoWell reporting back after
Well reporting back after finally receiving the freehub in the post. The campag one pulled off without issue and the shimano 11sp installed just as easily. All back on the bike and runs no problem. I think maybe the wheel is offset by .5mm but nothing you can see by eye, other than the brake callipers needing to be adjusted very very slightly.
Converting both the Zonda and Shamal wheels worked.
- When do the mudguards come off?1 year 6 weeks agoNot yet
- When do the mudguards come off?1 year 6 weeks agoOnce end of March/early April
Once end of March/early April hits if the forecast is <50% rain for a week then off they go. I've got SKS race blades so it's pretty painless for me to put them back on if the weatherman is off though.
- 5 clever cycling innovations from the Taipei Cycle Show1 year 6 weeks agoThese type of tents are all
These type of tents are all more hassle than they're worth - invariably a bog-standard tent is quicker and easier to set up for not much more weight.
The Quick Park stem looks like a great idea though!
- Top Gear: Cyclist’s widow tells Jeremy Clarkson: 'Look me in the eye'1 year 6 weeks agoI watched this on Sunday and
I watched this on Sunday and was wondering: "Is Top Gear taking the piss out of itself, or is it taking the piss out of cyclists?"
I genuinely don't know. Which either makes it high-art or utter shite...
Either way, making jokes about people being killed is not really funny, and I'm not surprised it upset people such as Mrs Dorling. She has every right to be offended.
- Top Gear: Cyclist’s widow tells Jeremy Clarkson: 'Look me in the eye'1 year 6 weeks agoI had hoped - silly of me in
I had hoped - silly of me in hindsight - that at the end of the sketch when they got on the wrong side of the buses that they actually might push a serious point. More chance of Kim Jong-un holding an open day in North Korea.
- Paris Nice1 year 6 weeks agoCan we open Paris Nice like
Can we open Paris Nice like Strade Bianche was open? With the rosters of all the teams that are riding? The start list at PCS is pretty much complete, with all teams having a full roster on the site and 12 confirmed teams. My impression is that what's more important right now is probably the values of the riders we want on our teams. I think many of us feel pretty good about who we want to choose, it's just a matter of knowing what budget we're playing within and whether we can fit in the riders we want or not. Thanks!