- British Cycling calls for cycling to be added to National Curriculum in England1 year 13 weeks agoI suppose it is to get
I suppose it is to get children in to the mentality that when they are cycling the should be (hi)visible and wearing helmets etc.
Good idea to get children more into cycling, they are the future after all.
I still feel that more advertisements about cycle safety for both cyclists and drivers is essential for making sure that the "Olympic legacy" takes hold! I saw a lot of young kids out with their parents cycling this weekend in the country side but I'm still amazed about how inconsiderate some people are out there. In a four week period (home from uni) I have been told to "get the fuck off the road", threatened, and a driver come too close to running me off the road. I do notice that drivers give a much wider berth to young children but this consideration should be for all cyclists. A big advert campaign focusing on countryside cycling as well as commuting. Action needs be taken now before the summer period!!!
- Just in: Roux Etape 2501 year 13 weeks agoFrames are for tall people as
Frames are for tall people as nothing below 52.
- Twickenham motorists fined for illegally using cycle lane as police launch crackdown1 year 13 weeks agobikeboy76 wrote:A few goodbikeboy76 wrote:
A few good bollards will sort this sort of thing out.
Well, you might think so.
- howies launch new Cycle Range1 year 13 weeks agoGreat for delivering Milk
Great for delivering Milk Tray to your lady friend.
- Twickenham motorists fined for illegally using cycle lane as police launch crackdown1 year 13 weeks agoDrivers will continue to use
Drivers will continue to use cycle lanes for parking or driving on until they are banned completely from being on them in the first place.
What is the point of having a cycle lane if it's legal at times to park or drive on it?
On the South side of Glasgow, we have a cycle lane on both sides of the A77 for miles and miles, however, cannot effectively use it most of the time due to parked cars.
It's time cycle lanes were designated for bikes only.
- Bespoked Bristol 2013 opens Friday with chance to win a custom bike… made at the show1 year 13 weeks agoI think I'd better stay away
I think I'd better stay away to avoid irresistable temptation - in particular that last shot of the gray FGSS, which I traced to
if anyone wants to see more.
- Help please with the headset water promblem :''(1 year 13 weeks agoHi spqr256
Thankyou but i
Thankyou but i cannot think o why i would use a jethose
- British Cycling calls for cycling to be added to National Curriculum in England1 year 13 weeks agoEdgely: The cycling dangerism
Edgely: The cycling dangerism disease at work in this country. Even many of those who profess to love cycling, to wish to promote it, are not immune from it.
- To Shave or Not To Shave1 year 13 weeks ago#33 motivates me to be the
#33 motivates me to be the disher of pain, albeit a hairy disher
- Lance Armstrong asks court to dismiss SCA bonus lawsuit1 year 13 weeks agoonlyonediane wrote:Anonlyonediane wrote:
An Armstrong frame, probaby would be bent in the wrong place or come unstuck? No thanks!
Hardly. You'll win with it, and you'll win again. But once you stop winning it'll fall apart and be shown to be full of cr@p.
To the ill informed though, SCA insured the bonus payment (I.e. make the bonus payment promised to him by his sponsors, US Postal) on the basis that winning a sixth and seventh Tour de France was highly unlikely unless he was taking drugs. They sued him in 2005 because of the allegations about his doping. He successfully disproved this, but had to take to the stand and give evidence (lie through his teeth). SCA are contesting the result because he perjured himself.
- dhb Ladies Aeron Pro V2 Bib Short1 year 13 weeks agoCould they not make a bib
Could they not make a bib with a hook front and back? Then the loosened bib could stay round your neck whilst you do whatever you need to do. Then you re-hook the back first and then the front. Eliminating the need to fully strip. Just an Idea. I might have a go at altering a pair I've got already!
- Help please with the headset water promblem :''(1 year 13 weeks agoThis bike has an internal
This bike has an internal headset - and so neoprene strips top and bottom aren't needed. The workings should be sealed in. If water is penetrating the steerer tube it means either the headset unit is loose or the seals are damaged. Use the front brake and push the bike to and fro. If there is the slightest movement below the stem, you need to loosen the side-on retaining bolts, tighten the stem bolt then gingerly re-tighten the side-on bolts. The Park Tools site or Sheldon Brown will explain.
- Rhonde Van Calderdale1 year 13 weeks agoglad somebody else suffered
glad somebody else suffered like me then.
it was a good ride both painful and pleasureable at the same time.
i live at Dewsbury so it was only just on the road from me the starting point
- Lance Armstrong asks court to dismiss SCA bonus lawsuit1 year 13 weeks agoAn Armstrong frame, probaby
An Armstrong frame, probaby would be bent in the wrong place or come unstuck? No thanks!
- howies launch new Cycle Range1 year 13 weeks agoBeautiful stuff. Shame they
Beautiful stuff. Shame they dont cater for us big boned/ its glandular chaps.
More incentive to work on reducing my big bones/ glands i suppose.
- Cyclist injured by NYPD car gets billed $1,263 for damage to vehicle1 year 13 weeks agobikeboy76 wrote:The onlybikeboy76 wrote:
The only person acting generously is the cyclist.
And the pro bono lawyer?
To those asking about the headline: His injuries were caused by his being struck by the car.
That's a statement of fact.
Unless the cop got out of the car and lamped the cyclist, he most certainly wasn't struck by the driver... though of course, the way the car was being driven could have ed to the collision that caused the injuries.
Perhaps the headline could have said "Cyclist injured after becoming struck by NYPD car..."
But then it becomes a bit long and in any event, read the first sentence of the article, and it says it right there, with some more detail besides.
- Peter Sagan under fire for pinching podium girl's bottom1 year 13 weeks agoWell I hope you are going to
Well I hope you are going to post his public apology that he made the other day.....just to show people how these things can be sorted out by adults without involving the law.
He's just a young lad.
- Video: Wiggle Honda go into team time trial mode1 year 13 weeks agobikeboy76 wrote:
Aero helmetbikeboy76 wrote:
Aero helmet + recumbent trike, nice to see the marginal gains philosophy spreading.
I currently use a skate helmet that was given to me to do a sportive. I keep seeing the Air Attack, its just the same thing with a different price tag.
But the Kask Bambino looks great with the visor on it, at my low height, anything to protect my eyes and save me wearing ski googles is an improvement
- Yellow Jersey Press Laurent Fignon - We were young and carefree1 year 13 weeks agoAs I said - if you want
As I said - if you want charmless and possibly less than honest the Riis book is what you need.
- To Shave or Not To Shave1 year 13 weeks agoI just don't understand why
I just don't understand why you would. Aerodynamic? I'm sure there are better ways to save milliseconds. Easier when you crash? I'll take my chances. Worried about standing out against the crowd? Do so with pride.
- Merényi Bicycles to present at Bespoked Bristol1 year 13 weeks agoI was thinking that one of
I was thinking that one of these may build up as a nice winter hack, but that bottom bracket cum chain stay bridge lug looks like a real mud magnet.
(Another frame builder to add to the WANT list)
- Staying visible!1 year 13 weeks agoWell I think I'll go for some
Well I think I'll go for some bright colours, but at the same time not really wanting to look like I've just come from a rave. I do think that people wearing hi-viz sometimes believe that good cycling isn't needed 'cus they can be 'seen'.
I know that if someone's not paying attention then there isn't anything I could do no end of lights/fluro will help.
Good excuse to spend money on new summer (fingers crossed) and spring gear
Thanks for the help so far guys!
- Help please with the headset water promblem :''(1 year 13 weeks agoYou can buy a headset
You can buy a headset protector e.g. from lizard skins, it's a simple bit of neoprene that wraps around the bottom of the head tube and keeps all the crud out, costs a couple of quid and works wonders if using bike in rain with no guards.
- Amstel Gold Race1 year 13 weeks agoI'm going to probably go for
I'm going to probably go for both plus Gilbert and then fiddle around for a few bargains.
- Gilbert - a gamble?1 year 13 weeks agoMine is
Mine is Betancur....especially now it's spelt correctly!!