- Race v sportive video marshal clarifies incident details1 year 6 weeks agosportives should be
sportives should be regulated,
same as rr you should need at least basic bc licence and have to present it
marshalls should be present and if riders are riding like cocks they should be banned.
to many twats in hats just turning up and giving cycling a bad name
- Liverpool unveils its Cycling Revolution1 year 6 weeks agoPaul_C wrote:rather lowPaul_C wrote:
rather low target...
"15% of the population to cycle at least once per month..."
a more ambitious target would be for 15% of ALL journeys to undertaken by bicycle...
15% is so pathetic I thought it was a typo
- Colnago C60 road bike1 year 6 weeks agoone of the finest threads i
one of the finest threads i have ever seen here people!
some good british banter flying through.
im not a carbon fan at all but have to say this thing is badass!!
so glad to see people not focusing on weight
the whole 'hmm i dont climb well because my bikes a kilo over uci'
no no noooooo your bike doesnt climb as well because your 95kg and eat shitty food and dont look after yourself
i could ride a 13kg bike and still be aggregate lighter than a lot of riders
- Continental tyre amnesty - get a pair of Grand Sport Race tyres free1 year 6 weeks agoSame here. There definitely
Same here. There definitely was one a couple of days ago but I wasn't able to get to the dealer in Bristol then. Have just rechecked with view to going tomorrow. I presume this means thay have all been taken.
- Giro stage 12 ITT1 year 6 weeks agoenrique wrote:We'll see ifenrique wrote:
We'll see if dave's comment still holds true...Dave Atkinson wrote:
... i look forward to seeing exactly the same people doing well...
the 2013 giro winner is currently 2nd. and the 2012 giro winner is currently 5th.
so it's not exactly all change, is it?
- Continental tyre amnesty - get a pair of Grand Sport Race tyres free1 year 6 weeks agodjgorey wrote:I might bedjgorey wrote:
I might be blind, but I can't find a list of dealers?
Hmm. The list of dealers seems to have dissapeared from the Continental site. Yesterday it was just under the list for the three sportives this offer was present at.
- Continental tyre amnesty - get a pair of Grand Sport Race tyres free1 year 6 weeks agoI might be blind, but I can't
I might be blind, but I can't find a list of dealers?
- Cycling-mad primary schoolchildren head to Dolomites for ultimate school trip1 year 6 weeks agoGreat story and big up to The
Great story and big up to The children and also Steel's who have been very kind to me with their air this week. Thank you.
- Lance Armstrong stripped of Legion d'Honneur, plus date set for sworn testimony1 year 6 weeks agofarrell wrote:He'll befarrell wrote:
He'll be remembered as a champion bike racer the same way that Jimi Hendrix is remembered as a brilliant guitarist as opposed to a failed vomit gargler.
Failed vomit gargler? Really? That's appalling. Truly disgusting.
- Giro 20141 year 6 weeks agoOn the slippery slope
On the slippery slope enrique. Instead of planning my moves, I'm just going to go back to playing by instinct now.
- STRAVA - - - - DELETED -- BYE BYE!1 year 6 weeks ago'Perhaps andyp thinks
'Perhaps andyp thinks competitiveness in this format isn't legitimate'
correct. Woo, look, I just rode a segment faster than someone else. Who may have been riding it 200km later in a ride than me, into a headwind, and with one leg. We'll never know. Ergo, it's not competitiveness.
'that trying to get KoM on a segment is childish'
not childish, no. Fairly sad.
Why not just enter a race?
- Lightweight alloy wheels1 year 6 weeks agoI'm in the same weight range
I'm in the same weight range as the OP and can't fault the Braccianos.
Mine have at least 2000 miles on them and are still round, true and fast rolling. I can freewheel downhill faster than any of my mates lol.
They also climb nicely, although if you are a masher like me and have a Ti frame, you may find yourself pulling the wheel out of the dropouts occasionally - keeping the dropouts clean and investing in open cam skewers should sort it though.
I tried all that twiddly spinning up a hill nonsense... It wasn't for me.
- Giro stage 12 ITT1 year 6 weeks agoD'oh! Thanks for the prize
D'oh! Thanks for the prize info - looks great, and that's my dumb question for today out of the way.
In my defence, I think my brain filtered out that prize box as an internet ad, given the graphic design, size and placing.
I'm generally considered a smart guy, but I am reminded of this old cartoon:
- Should I upgrade to a new bike or upgrade parts on my current bike!!!1 year 6 weeks agoThe single most effective
The single most effective upgrade you can make is the wheels and they will transform your current ride plus they will be transferable to your next bike. ProLite Braccianos would be my suggestion but Shimano Ultegras are nice and you should be able to get some 10speed ones cheap. Don't be afraid of second hand.
Personally I don't see the point in upgrading the groupset on the bike you have unless bits are starting to break as you won't get much benefit for your cash.
Wait until the 2014 bikes are on sale and buy something a step or two up that's nicely reduced and then your current bike can be for commute / winter / shops / pub.
Thus begins the endless cycle...
- Recumbent Tandem Trike Danube touring plan - ideas sought1 year 6 weeks agoTandems trikes are like hens
Tandems trikes are like hens teeth, because they don't sell alot, builders don't do many.
Greenspeed is on choice.
ICE also had one
Calfee made a beautiful one off
There are options out there.
As for transporting it. You either need a trailer or a study roof rack, then build a custom mount for it like this http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/b_drachman/ttr6.jpg
There is NO way you are going to get it on any public transport in an "as is" form. Maybe think about getting S&S couplers fitted and you can break it down into two pieces.
First things first though. Have you ridden a recumbent trike before? Both you and your riding partner need to check them out first. You cannot just hop off an upright onto a recumbent and think you can take on such a trip. It takes a while for your leg muscles to get used to riding any decent distance on a recumbent.
If you cannot find a recumbent tandem trike for sale or rent (which as I said, is a rare thing) you can go to specialist builders who do recumbent projects. Someone like Ben Cooper at Kinetics in Glasgow http://www.kinetics-online.co.uk/ or Graham Sparey-Taylor in Wales
He'll steer you in the right direction.
As one of the few recumbent riders around Roadcc, you might have better luck asking about this one BHPC http://www.british-human-power.com/forum/default.asp
- Lance Armstrong stripped of Legion d'Honneur, plus date set for sworn testimony1 year 6 weeks agoDid Eddy perjure, slander and
Did Eddy perjure, slander and destroy others' lives and careers? That might have some kind of say in it.
- Video: To beard or not to beard1 year 6 weeks agoThe most interesting fact in
The most interesting fact in all this is that the only member of ZZ Top who didn't have a beard was called Frank BEARD!!!
- Lance Armstrong stripped of Legion d'Honneur, plus date set for sworn testimony1 year 6 weeks agoSo Lance is stripped of it
So Lance is stripped of it but Eddy is given the award in 2011. I guess Eddy never doped then.
- Knocked down by drunken fool!1 year 6 weeks agoEven if you're not a member,
Even if you're not a member, it may well be worth talking to CTC or British Cycling, they might be able to provide your solicitor with specific advise (I understand their legal teams are extremely helpful). Also, although we're all clearly responsible here, it might not be a good idea to discuss too extensively online if the case hasn't come to court yet.
Good luck though, and pleased you're looking forward to getting back on your bike.
- Video: To beard or not to beard1 year 6 weeks agoTo misquote a t shirt I saw
To misquote a t shirt I saw the other day
'A man who shaves his beard to win a medal deserves neither'
- Should I upgrade to a new bike or upgrade parts on my current bike!!!1 year 6 weeks agoThere is nothing wrong with
There is nothing wrong with triples. If your happy with a triple there is no point changing to a compact just for the sake of changing (particularly if the reason for changing is other rider's snobbery).
If the frame geometry is comfortable all well and good, if it's not, go for a fitting. In fact go for a fitting anyway. This is probably the most cost effective thing you can do, I really can't recommend it enough. A good fitting will identify things you need to change including any posture faults you have.
Depending on your budget, cost effective upgrades are wheels, brakes, bearings (bottom bracket and hubs), saddle and bars. Remember every new bike is a compromise, the manufacturer and the retailer have to make a profit somewhere. Don't forget any upgrade you buy, e.g. wheels, can be swapped over to a new bike at a later date.
The bike you have will give you many years of good and faithful service.
- Lance Armstrong stripped of Legion d'Honneur, plus date set for sworn testimony1 year 6 weeks ago'Only time will tell what
'Only time will tell what legacy Lance's career leaves behind. At the moment it's convenient to see him as the 'be all and end all' of doping in cycling, but anybody with any knowledge of the sport knows that is nowhere near the case.'
He's seen as nothing of the sort. He's the most high profile doper, certainly.
'His massive contribution to the cancer community is also conveniently overlooked at the moment'
His massive contribution being....what, exactly?
'Images like 'The look''
The 'I've got the UCI on my side' look?
'taking to the ploughed field to avoid Beloki'
Ah, the time when he didn't ride the entire course, yet still was given the top spot on the podium. That one.
(last point slightly facetious. Others less so.)
- Cycling-mad primary schoolchildren head to Dolomites for ultimate school trip1 year 6 weeks agoWell done M Steel cycles, a
Well done M Steel cycles, a wonderful thing to do.
- Cycling-mad primary schoolchildren head to Dolomites for ultimate school trip1 year 6 weeks agoNot even remotely
Not even remotely jealous.......lucky b*******
- Giro stage 12 ITT1 year 6 weeks agohttp://road.cc/content/news/1