- My new Dolan1 year 32 weeks agoThanks.
I am a bit far away
I am a bit far away but have fired off an email for more info.
As mentioned in other threads I have a few options in mind but am open to considering others.
Also the road show tomorrow should help.
- British Olympic Association 'resigned' to losing lifetime ban case; decision due next week1 year 32 weeks agolet him ride, hes good! and
let him ride, hes good! and clearly clean. if it happens a second time then its a no go, but how much of these dopers is rider choice or team pressure
- Liege - Bastogne - Liege 20121 year 32 weeks agoYou have the German DS
You have the German DS correct. But the Italian is not Nocentini, slightly cheaper than him.
Im not gonna go Nibali I don't think, would mean axing both Schleck and Rodriguez and then have only one DS change and wouldn't be able to afford to bring in the DS I want
- Tyre recommendation1 year 32 weeks agoLBS had Krylion Carbon at a
LBS had Krylion Carbon at a decent price so I had their last pair.
- Liege - Bastogne - Liege 20121 year 32 weeks agoNibali's favourite classic so
Nibali's favourite classic so he's a must.
- Liege - Bastogne - Liege 20121 year 32 weeks agoI can't believe anyone who
I can't believe anyone who has ridden Trentino will do well in lbl. Those that saw the Trentino climb yesterday will understand. I think they have another climb like that again today.
- My new Dolan1 year 32 weeks agoI don't know where you live,
I don't know where you live, but I strongly suggest you visit the showroom in Ormskirk and have a look. I'm a beginner to the road thing, but I know a lot of people who ride Dolan round here (some who do thousands of miles a year) and they all rave about the bikes and the value.
- Man arrested following New Zealand 'bike rage' incident captured on film (+ video)1 year 32 weeks agoWhere have manners
Where have manners gone?…
Would have been simple to pull into one of the dual track sections yelling "go right - have a good ride" - thats the end of the frustration for both.
As it was…good thing duelling is not longer allowed…
What a couple of oiks!
- RSP Astrum LED rear light1 year 32 weeks agoMine has been brilliant after
Mine has been brilliant after sealing with some baseline but if you are running lots of miles on rough roads like the potholed nightmares around Telford you might find it self destructing like mine leaving the clip firmly clamped in the bracket but missing the light itself. Hopefully RSP will do a Mk.II with a strong case for those cracking LEDs.
- Olympic road race route video released (+ video)1 year 32 weeks agoIf that were me I'd have
If that were me I'd have edited out the bits where I was breaking the speed limit.
- Riccardo Riccò handed 12-year-ban by Italian Olympic committee1 year 32 weeks agoAlthough I am happy they have
Although I am happy they have issued a hefty ban I hope that it isnt going to be a question of "Right, we've banned him, lets leave him to rot". He's clearly got issues and I dont think it would be fair or sporting to just abandon him. I hope CONI have something in place to offer him support or I fear we could be seeing another, even more unfortunate Ricco headline in the future.
- Addison Lee chairman provokes controversy with his views on London cyclist deaths1 year 32 weeks agoThanks for the comments
Thanks for the comments everyone.
Kaya Burgess who is leading the Cities fit for Cycling campaign at The Times was one of the first people to tweet about it earlier this evening.
I've seen a number of people saying on Twitter they are cancelling corporate accounts with Addison Lee - doesn't seem to be anyone as yet of the stature of a PwC or magic circle law firm, but there is definitely momentum building.
- Addison Lee chairman provokes controversy with his views on London cyclist deaths1 year 32 weeks agoSeems things may gather a
Seems things may gather a little momentum - Cav has tweeted that he refused to use AL, and the link he references includes a few commenters waking up the Times etc.
- Addison Lee chairman provokes controversy with his views on London cyclist deaths1 year 32 weeks agoWhile John Griffin might have
While John Griffin might have being extremely irritating in common with Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary he is obviously no-where near as bright or media savvy.
I'd say Mr Griffin's comments on cyclists could well turn out to be his Gerald Ratner moment - the boardrooms of many of Addison Lee's key account holders must have a fairly sizeable number of MAMILs in them - I wonder what they think of his views?
- Addison Lee chairman provokes controversy with his views on London cyclist deaths1 year 32 weeks agoAn attention seeking idiot by
An attention seeking idiot by all accounts who, as the article suggests, has become too big for his boots.
Probably thinks he's sending a warning shot across the bows of cyclists in London, now that his taxis are going to be competing for the same space as some cyclists (I think compete is a more apt word to use than "share") as his cabs are now going to, illegally, hurtle along the bus lanes.
Hopefully good old Boris will give one of his cabs a good booting if they try to hustle him off the road....
- Addison Lee chairman provokes controversy with his views on London cyclist deaths1 year 32 weeks agoAnyone here bank with
Anyone here bank with Barclays?
- Addison Lee chairman provokes controversy with his views on London cyclist deaths1 year 32 weeks agoPerhaps we should change all
Perhaps we should change all Addison Lee links in our stories to point to here
- Liege - Bastogne - Liege 20121 year 32 weeks agoHad 7 riders score at FW so
Had 7 riders score at FW so looking good with no grey outs. Bummed I decided to go with Gilbert instead of J. Rod. I will probably stick with it though.
Italian DS = Nocentini?
German DS= Wegmann
If so I say Nocentini. I picked him up after Amstel.
- Addison Lee chairman provokes controversy with his views on London cyclist deaths1 year 32 weeks agoIn terms of a media stunt AL
In terms of a media stunt AL is very much 'doing a Ryanair' a little bit of controversy will stir up a hornets nest of brand mentions and web links. Even though i cycle regularly i am more often a pedestrian and sadly the type of road user the scares me the most is the 'pro' cyclist - cant see them, cant hear them and they never observe traffic signals if you so much as step a foot out of line their ready for a fight. AL has a point
- Giant tcr composite 31 year 32 weeks agoI bought the TCR Comp 2 to
I bought the TCR Comp 2 to replace my current Alum bike in Jan after hearing so many good things about Giants and TCR's. Had looked at the similar priced Focus, Spesh, Trek etc but couldnt hand over my cash quick enough once I seen the Giant in the flesh. So far managed a couple of outings on it a few weeks back over the North Yorkshire Moors, one 80 mile very hilly and the other a 85 mile flatish and quick. All I can say is what a bike! Light, fast, climbs brilliant, comfortable, so, so smooth and brilliant Ultegra shifting. The Aero frame looks like it belongs on a bike costing twice the price. Top bike for the money.
- Addison Lee chairman provokes controversy with his views on London cyclist deaths1 year 32 weeks agoNicely written reply Road.cc.
Nicely written reply Road.cc.
- Just in: Giant TCR Advanced 31 year 32 weeks agoI have the 2012 TCR Advanced
I have the 2012 TCR Advanced 2 - which looks to be an Ultegra version of the 105 fitted to the '3' - but all the other parts are the same as far as I can tell. I'm well impressed with the bike - a totally different experience to my aluminium Lapierre (which has since been put to good use by my son!).
The black plastic disk between the cassette and the spokes is just plain ugly. It's on my bike at the moment, but once I need to change my cassette, the disk will be consigned to the same circular filing cabinet used to store the bell that was taken off the bike the day I bought it. Secondly, the headset bolt has needed to be tightened twice in one month - anybody else experience the same thing?
The wheels feel pretty stiff and quite responsive, but I have noticed that the front is slightly out of true ... no biggie. They'll do fine for now until I can convince Her Indoors that they would make my son's bike go so much better, giving me the perfect excuse to buy something else.
The internal cable routing is pretty neat and tidy. The RideSense sensor works really well with my Garmin. Just don't be a numpty like me by wasting a half hour adjusting the wheel and cadence magnets wondering why nothing seems to work .... you have to take the sensor out and then remove the plastic seal over the battery. Problem sorted.
I do like the aero seatpost aesthetically speaking, even if it means that my existing rear light bracket won't fit to it. An easy tradeoff and nothing to complain about.
I'll be doing a few time trials on the bike, and the bars can accommodate a set of clip-ons quite easily without having to cut off any bar tape.
Now all I need are a decent pair of legs to complete the package.
- Addison Lee chairman provokes controversy with his views on London cyclist deaths1 year 32 weeks agoAnyone else feel this might
Anyone else feel this might be a publicity stunt? AL seems to have had an awful lot of media exposure in recent days.
Famous last words BUT I am yet to be cut up or have a serious incident with an AL driver. I have had some very bad run ins with aggressive Black Cab drivers though.
Griffin's comments are provocative but they only confirm what most London drivers think about us. They think we're a bloody nuisance.
- Punta Veleno1 year 32 weeks agoIts like something out of a
Its like something out of a horror films for cyclist's, I felt pain for them.
This is the "best" video i can find apart from if you pay for Eurosport player, if you ignore the wannabe commentator you can see parts of the climb
- FS: TREK MADONE 5.2 2009, Project one, Race X Lite Wheelset 56cm1 year 32 weeks agoReduced to £1400
Reduced to £1400