- Every worn a camelbak under a skinsuit?1 year 20 weeks agoHi, one of the guys has a
Hi, one of the guys has a sort of vest that is also a hydration 'bladder' he wears. Now I'm not to sure how he cleans it after and the water must get warm (hence the camel backs are in airflow) but he swears by it.
- Colorado driver in cyclist harassment viral video pleads not guilty (+ video)1 year 20 weeks agoOld people should have to re
Old people should have to re take their tests. This fool wants putting to sleep for the benefit of humanity.
- Hybrid to Road bike for commute?1 year 20 weeks agoAnd,,,,,, there is another
And,,,,,, there is another thing to consider - I use my hybrid for commuting and it does take more effort than my road bike for sure.
However, once I jump on my road bike I sometimes cannot believe the difference in speed, comfort and enjoyment a road bike brings - I see my commuting on a hybrid a big chunk of training and the benefits of this are great. I will say that, especially in this crap weather, the hybrid has the edge due to the tyres, gear spread and upright position going into the city - it will never be as fast as the road bike(s) as I also carry kit with me on the rack/big rucksack however, horses for courses.
When the summer comes (if) then I will commute on the road bikes - a lot less kit then too.
Just my views,
- how do you motivate yourself to ride in rubbish weather?1 year 20 weeks agoagain thanks for all your
again thanks for all your replies
i got the tarmac on tuesday (fantastic bike it was windy but luckily it wasn't raining much.
i ended up doing a shorter ride for my first ride than what i originally planned (i did just about manage bowden hill on the bike/but felt like my lungs were about to exit my chest at the top
i just returned to devizes via rowde in the end.
i am planning on taking it out for it's first proper ride tomorrow (the route i originally planned).the weather is meant to be a lot better than today (no rain/wind
i did a map of the route on google (no gps/cycle computer). it's going to be over 50 miles with nearly 2000 ft of climbing
quick route guide (from devizes to rowde,then country lane to 3 magpies/melksham cycle centre (to get gears adjusted).
then going to bowden hill from melksham,go towards calne,but cut off by heddington steps.follow country lane until it joins the road that goes up hill to north wilts gof club.
then continue on road (over main beckhampton road) to horton,then pewsey vale.
climb the hill and continue to marlbrough.
stop for a coffee,then back via pewsey vale again to devizes
i cannot wait tbh to start riding the bike properly
will do i ride report tomorrow/pics when i get back
edit here's tomorrow's weather for devizes region to prove it is meant to be nice http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/sn10?day=1
- Sensa Bikes coming into the UK with Merlin Cycles1 year 20 weeks agoCan't wait.
- Chain Reaction release PRO-Cycling game for Android smartphones1 year 20 weeks agoSweet, its on ANDROID.....Off
Sweet, its on ANDROID.....Off to test, may be a while
- Cent Cols Challenge 2013 entry open1 year 20 weeks agoWould love to do this in
Would love to do this in 2014, next year is way too soon =)
Looks amazing I think, seriously tough goal to aim for
- Just in: Passoni Top Force W1 year 20 weeks agoSweet bike. From the video,
Sweet bike. From the video, it looks like they file down the welds. Too bad as they are the sign of a great craftsman.
Anyone know what kind of bar wrap was used? Never seen it in the states.
- Help me choose a tyre!1 year 20 weeks agoGP4000s here also. Don't
GP4000s here also. Don't forget the GP4 Season too.
Both fantastic rubber.
- Bleak autumn on Britain's roads sees 2012 cycling death toll climb past 2011 total1 year 20 weeks agoI remember the public
I remember the public information films from the 70's ? Surely a blitz of these sort of messages which address both cyclists and drivers responsibilities would help ?
Just wish I knew what more I could do other than driving sensibly and moaning on here !
- FS/Trade : Look CX7 Carbon Pedals1 year 20 weeks agoNice one mate, i appreciate
Nice one mate, i appreciate you waiting.
This will look magic on the new steed.
Email me your paypal details or your bank details and i will transfer possibly thursday, friday at the latest.
- FS/Trade : Look CX7 Carbon Pedals1 year 20 weeks agoReserved for the man at sea.
Reserved for the man at sea. Just give me a shout when you get your shore legs again and we'll sort out a transfer
- Chain Reaction release PRO-Cycling game for Android smartphones1 year 20 weeks ago...and it's £1.49 on iOS.
...and it's £1.49 on iOS.
- Help me choose a tyre!1 year 20 weeks agoGkam,
Non folding tyres have
Non folding tyres have a wire bead
Folding tyres have a Kevlar bead
That's the only difference as far as I know.
As Simon E says - it shouldn't make a difference to puncture protection or longevity of the tyre but perhaps the difference in production processes makes a little difference. I wouldn't have thought that it does though.
- FS/Trade : Look CX7 Carbon Pedals1 year 20 weeks agoGet in! Bit more in the
Get in! Bit more in the trike kitty!
- Pedals1 year 20 weeks agoThats a bargain right
Thats a bargain right there.
For that price it would be crazy not to give them a go.
Have replied on your original selling post.
Thanks all for the advice.
Very much appreciated.
- FS/Trade : Look CX7 Carbon Pedals1 year 20 weeks agoI will have these bad boys
I will have these bad boys fella.
read loads of reviews and at this price what harm can it do to give the feckers a go, they also look very smart
Im offshore at the moment but can bank transfer or paypal next friday (just spunked a grand on new bike so no dough till payday)
- "Heroine" cyclist plunges into in to Swansea dock to rescue woman… then pedals off1 year 20 weeks agocidermart wrote:OldRidgebackcidermart wrote:OldRidgeback wrote:
The thing is, did the cyclist pay road tax? I'm sure the Daily Mail readers will want to know.
Ha ha i can see the headline now Cyclist robs drowning woman. Could say they did it to pay their road tax
Thing is, if the rider hadn't jumped a few red lights and skipped some pavements on her route (like all of us do every time we're on two wheels), would she have been there in time to save the drowning woman?
- York teacher takes British Cycling's marginal gains ethos into the classroom1 year 20 weeks agoMy first marginal gain could
My first marginal gain could be to stop reading cycling websites in my work time.
Now where is my wheel?
- York teacher takes British Cycling's marginal gains ethos into the classroom1 year 20 weeks agoI'd imagine a marginal gains
I'd imagine a marginal gains strategy would only be useful to the top students in the class. The average school student would benefit more from a substantial gain in one area.
- Just in: Passoni Top Force W1 year 20 weeks agoLove the look of this bike,
Love the look of this bike, ticks all the right boxes can only dream
- New Transport Minister convicted in 2009 of careless driving in incident that left cyclist with broken neck1 year 20 weeks ago"Immediately following the
"Immediately following the incident in April 2008, he had told police that the road was clear – a claim that was disproved through CCTV evidence."
Isn't that perjury, the **** got of lightly.
So he runs over a cyclist with his SUV, breaks his neck, lies about it, and gets off scot free, he's probably a millionaire, £400+£200 is a joke.
- Colorado driver in cyclist harassment viral video pleads not guilty (+ video)1 year 20 weeks agoHa, idiot pleaded not guilty
Ha, idiot pleaded not guilty when he's as guilty as sin, I hope the judge throws the book at him, and the gavel.. and his chair !
- Bleak autumn on Britain's roads sees 2012 cycling death toll climb past 2011 total1 year 20 weeks agoThere's just not enough to
There's just not enough to deter bad drivers. Loss of (all) points should lead to a minimum 3-year ban and drivers should then have to re-take their driving test.
License holders should be health-checked at least every 10 years and more often for pensioners.
Points deduction should be mandatory, stopping cars for bad driving should not be some ego-boost game for police, it should result in points loss - every time, without fail. And a public awareness campaign to make it clear that The rules of the road will be enforced.
And drivers need to be educated about what the safe distance is to put between their vehicle and a bicycle because many of them seem to think a foot is 'plenty of space' and that we deserve it because we're not cycling 3 inches from the curb. And the door-zone needs to be explained to everyone because both drivers and cyclists are not getting it.
As for bike lights, there needs to be a law preventing lights of under a certain brightness from being sold as there are some really pathetic lights out there.
The Tories can't even stick up for their own cycling MP having to take crap from the police, and the transport minister was convicted of careless driving after hitting a cyclist with his SUV, so I don't think Cameron or any of the rest of them care one iota about cycling - actions speak louder than words.
- Pedals1 year 20 weeks agoSave your money.
Save your money.
Shimano A520 and A600 (road.cc review here) have a similar shape to road pedals and, though most cycling shoes have an adequately stiff sole, feel better than the usual MTB-type SPD pedals.