- Tyler Hamilton: Lance should face up to what he's done1 year 20 weeks agofiftyacorn wrote:I no longerfiftyacorn wrote:
I no longer believe the sport will clean itself up. It just stumbles from one scandal to the next, with each new generation proclaiming how they are clean and different from the last
This. Armstrong has ruined it for me. All those races I was on the edge of my seat over? Twenty-odd years of it? Complete rubbish. They took me for a fool.
I still enjoy pro racing, but I don't believe they are clean, any of them. Even Sky. I've been lied to too many times.
- Tyler Hamilton: Lance should face up to what he's done1 year 20 weeks agoIt is a great read, but
It is a great read, but Hamilton shows he STILL doesn't get it. There is a revealing section where he boasts of how he won fair and square as everyone was equally doped up.
- Shimano vs. campagnolo1 year 20 weeks agoWho cares, as long as helmets
Who cares, as long as helmets are made a legal requirement?
- Tyler Hamilton: Lance should face up to what he's done1 year 20 weeks agodont buy the book to make his
dont buy the book to make his bank balance bigger loan it from the library its cheaper (nothing)
- Sir Chris Hoy launches HOY Bikes brand with seven models1 year 20 weeks agoMain photo also on the Daily
Main photo also on the Daily Mail site:
"On your bike: Hoy poses with one of his new bikes"
Nice to see some good old fashioned Daily Mail research still exists.
- Sir Chris Hoy launches HOY Bikes brand with seven models1 year 20 weeks agoI totally get what PaulVWatts
I totally get what PaulVWatts means. I think that might be why he's basically just putting his name on the bike built by someone else.
Where as Boardman and Merckx built their own from the start and as far as I'm aware still do. A bit like Lemond did until Trek bought him over
(just to clear up, when I say built their own, I meant started a company that built bikes, where Hoy is just a branding tool for Evans bikes?)
- Swedish cyclist 'butted off' her bike by a passing rear end1 year 20 weeks agoWhat a bummer...
What a bummer...
- Gkam84 needs a trike to ride and help him deal with early Parkinson's - he's 28 FFS1 year 20 weeks agoJust got an email from the
Just got an email from the guy at BMC
"Your autographed item is on its way to you"
Keeping the suspense up for everyone as I have no clue what it is
Contact from Mark Colbourne, World and Paralympic Champion who is PHONING me tomorrow
FAST Freddie Rodriguez is also getting involved
- BBC to air helmet cam documentary1 year 20 weeks agoWord from some of the headcam
Word from some of the headcam crowd is that their footage has been pulled - and no preview sent....
- Sir Chris Hoy launches HOY Bikes brand with seven models1 year 20 weeks ago'What if any input as he had
'What if any input as he had as a rider into bike design?'
Plenty I would imagine, a guy his size would have to know what he wants to throw about the track at warp speeds. As a sprinter of great power he would know just what he wants technically in much the same way as Cavendish.
- Shimano PD-M540 SPD pedal1 year 20 weeks agoNot having flats for a
Not having flats for a spanner seems a disadvantage to me. Good luck trying to get a seized pedal off with a 6 mm Allen key. I have 520s on 2 bikes and they are great, just need to wipe down the plates to stop rust appearing, keep the spring greased and they'll give you no problems.
- Gkam84 needs a trike to ride and help him deal with early Parkinson's - he's 28 FFS1 year 20 weeks agoIf anyone is going to get
If anyone is going to get their art skills.
- Carbon bike hunting, any ideas?1 year 20 weeks agoThanks for the input guys.
Thanks for the input guys. The Cube seems indeed sold out by now, never been on sale. Some interesting alternatives mentioned there! But hanging on till after christmas might also be a good idea.
I have a few bargain second hand bikes in my shed, but this time i do want new. As for Ribble: one of my mates has a carbon Ribble and he is happy with it. But my winter bike came from Ribble and i had a few issues with them over that... i will never buy so much as a inner tube from them again.
- Gkam84 needs a trike to ride and help him deal with early Parkinson's - he's 28 FFS1 year 20 weeks agoThat worked a treat Raleigh.
That worked a treat Raleigh. Finally got it working.
Nobody else needs to test the contact form, thanks
But if anyone else is arty, feel free to contribute an item to the auction. I'll give you full credit and any information about yourself that you wanted included
- Shimano vs. campagnolo1 year 20 weeks agoWell as much as I prefer
Well as much as I prefer SRAM, I've hardly had any of their parts of the years.
The is no wrong opinion though. Its like whether you drink tea or coffee. Nothing wrong with either, people like different things. With all being are the same kinda cost these days, its up to personal preferences
- Sir Chris Hoy launches HOY Bikes brand with seven models1 year 20 weeks agoheadfirst wrote:Lookingheadfirst wrote:
Looking forward to seeing one in the flesh so that I can point a shout "A Hoy!"
- Gkam84 needs a trike to ride and help him deal with early Parkinson's - he's 28 FFS1 year 20 weeks agoDo it, go and buy/beg some
Do it, go and buy/beg some Art materials and get painting/drawing/printing/experimenting.
- Sir Chris Hoy launches HOY Bikes brand with seven models1 year 20 weeks agoLooking forward to seeing one
Looking forward to seeing one in the flesh so that I can point a shout "A Hoy!"
- Two day summit in London will apply pressure on UCI to 'Change Cycling Now'1 year 20 weeks agoCraigS wrote:Boxing has theCraigS wrote:
Boxing has the WBC, IBF, WBA & WBO. What would stop anyone from setting up an organisation to rival the UCI?
Not much really. But now that you mention boxing, it's worth noting that the International Olympic Committee only recognises AIBA. Similarly the IOC recognises UCI as the sole world governing body for cycling, so riders competing in your alternative races will not qualify for the Olympics unless they also spend significant time racing in UCI-sanctioned races. Similarly, UCI is supported and recognised by all national governing bodies for cycling. The national governing bodies are in turn recognised by national Olympic committees. So riders focusing "alternative racing" will almost certainly fail to qualify for national and world championships too. So declaring war on the UCI is declaring war on all of these organisations. Say what you want, Olympic medals, world and national champion titles are still VERY prestigious. Moreover World Championships in most cycling disciplines are protected trademarks. I imagine most national championships are too.
Also consider that most if not all of the most famous races are sanctioned by the UCI, that's to say being part of the UCI system is a requirement for competing in them. If anything can break free from the UCI, you'd imagine the Tour de France or Giro d'Italia can, but then they'd be making riders choose whether they'd want to be in the UCI/Olympic system or not. Inevitably some will choose to remain with the UCI, and as the quality of the riders participating in the alternative races falls, the races become less prestigious. So no race organisers would risk that.
So you end up in a war on several fronts, competing for top riders, top teams, media coverage, audience and sponsors with a group of organisations that absolutely dwarves you in terms of resources, legitimacy and prestige (as damaged as they are in the last two). It's the reason that no country that I know of has two alternative top football leagues, and "alternative leagues" like the XFL (well, it's American football, but the point is the same) inevitably fail after a short time.
- Gkam84 needs a trike to ride and help him deal with early Parkinson's - he's 28 FFS1 year 20 weeks agoThank you TER......Who's
Thank you TER......Who's going to become donor 50?
No special prizes, but a iCuddle from me....if you are female
I think the auction/raffle has a treat in store from Raleigh.
It has inspired me to look out some canvas and see if I can't put together something of my own......could be interesting
If someone could try out my website, its not set up totally, but have a look and get an idea, then someone fill in the contact form to try out my settings
- BBC to air helmet cam documentary1 year 20 weeks agobest year ever to be a
best year ever to be a cyclist...ruined by dopers and now the bbc...great.
- Carbon bike hunting, any ideas?1 year 20 weeks agoMany people slag them off but
Many people slag them off but i know a few people who ride Ribble bikes and they love them. Carbon Frame for well under a grand.
- Competing British Tour de France bids jockey for position ahead of ASO decision1 year 20 weeks agogazza_d wrote:Please pleasegazza_d wrote:
Please please please come to Newcastle!
Never ever dreamed that the Tour De France could come to the North East & I would be able to cycle to a stage finish.
What do I have to do? almost anything considered
Snap, it would be bloody marvellous. Likewise i would do owt to get to see it, however i draw the line at wearing a SMB top.
- BBC to air helmet cam documentary1 year 20 weeks agoThis smells of
This smells of sensationalistic journalism from the unbiased scumbag that is the BBC, whoops I might not have sat on the fence with that comment . Have they cut the budget for their war correspondents that much that they can’t get to a proper warzone so they manufacture one a bit closer, reminds me of Drop the Dead Donkey . I wonder if they will have Clarkson as the narrator.
- Gkam84 needs a trike to ride and help him deal with early Parkinson's - he's 28 FFS1 year 20 weeks agoNow ive been payed, ive made
Now ive been payed, ive made a donation. All the best with everything