- TOUR de FRANCE GAME1 year 11 weeks agoI'm in, team done, won't
I'm in, team done, won't spend a lot of time on it though as will be travelling and spend too much on this one anyway.
- OPQS names Tour de France team as Mark Cavendish targets maillot jaune on Corsica1 year 11 weeks agoHe's after wearing it- on day
He's after wearing it- on day 2. Stage 1 is a flat stage with a preduicted sprint finish. First across the line takes the maillot jaune for the following day- it's something to add to the collection, as he has the approriate jerseys from the Giro and Vuelta. Even just to wear the GC jersey for a day is a pretty big honour.
- planet x tubulars1 year 11 weeks agoHmmm. I'm also a bit tubular
Hmmm. I'm also a bit tubular curious. However, the carbon jobbies are normally heavier than the alu equivalent (notwithstand the PX ones) and when you start factoring in the weight of the sealand can, spare tyre (!) and tub tape, they would need to be a totally amazing ride.
I'm not sure I wouldn't just stress all ride long. Fair enough the pros tend to ride on decent roads with support. Such luxuries don't often/ever exist for us mere mortals. I can see the benefit for TTing but for a century ride for example, I'm not so sure.
Convince me it's worth the hassle.
- planet x tubulars1 year 11 weeks ago@700c, what are your
@700c, what are your recommendations on sealant?
I have a bottle of Tufo Extreme that I have never had to use, so I have no idea how well it works.
- Tips on 4th cat road racing1 year 11 weeks agoDon't worry about what bike
Don't worry about what bike you ride - I watched someone race with mudguards and a rack in the Kermesse at the IG Nocturne
- British Strategic Lions & Fireflies squads lead Race Across America1 year 11 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:Solo riders setGkam84 wrote:
Solo riders set out on 11th and teams on 15th
Ah, yes, missed that bit...makes sense now - the teams are flying in comparison then.
No idea how someone gets through this solo....mad effort.
Race around Ireland is tough enough, possibly the effect of a circuit.
- Scott cr1 owners- headset Q?1 year 11 weeks agoThe nice people at Scott sent
The nice people at Scott sent me the answer-
your Scott CR1 is 1 1/8 semi integrated with 44mm cups
- Tour de France Fan Park coming to Canary Wharf during race's final week1 year 11 weeks agofree drugs?
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 11 weeks agoGhedebrav wrote:Anyway, myGhedebrav wrote:
Anyway, my lot are:
Chavanel very nearly made my final choice: a reasonable choice for the medium mountains stages in his own right with the possibility of picking up team points for the sprint stages due to the Cav connection.
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 11 weeks agoS. Chavanel
C. Le Mevel
- Tips on 4th cat road racing1 year 11 weeks agoSimon E wrote:Are you sure itSimon E wrote:
Are you sure it wasn't your English teacher, Raleigh?
For some reason got into a li'l panic there thinking that you were an English teacher at my school
Yep, I'll be racing there tonight, trying to see how much form I took away from the National Junior Series RR on Sunday.
- Brian Cookson "disturbed" by contents of dossier on Pat McQuaid1 year 11 weeks agoProbably going be
Probably going be investigated by Pat McQuaud Private eye and all round general bullshit department. Please get this chump out of cycling.
- OPQS names Tour de France team as Mark Cavendish targets maillot jaune on Corsica1 year 11 weeks agoI'm hoping he's *not* after
I'm hoping he's *not* after the maillot jaune, don't think that would work out!
- Riders with similar names1 year 11 weeks agoDemare and Delage
Demare and Delage
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 11 weeks agosounds like a menu
sounds like a menu
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 11 weeks agoEDIT (picked 2 non
EDIT (picked 2 non starters)
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 11 weeks agoAlan Tullett won, you managed
Alan Tullett won, you managed a creditable thirddrheaton wrote:
Final podium placings:
1 - Alan Tullett 686
2 - stevemarks 671
3 - Dave Atkinson 664
3 - rcorbin 664
3 - johnny2names 664
3 - andynic 664
Congrats to Alan.
- Husband of cyclist killed by epileptic nun calls for tougher licensing of older drivers1 year 11 weeks agojoemmo wrote: it’s the riskjoemmo wrote:
it’s the risk you have for trusting people to be responsible for their own actions.
If we trust people to be responsible for their own actions, why do we have a driving test at all?
Nobody should be able to retain a lifetime driving license on the basis of one test: we should not be singling out the elderly here.
In no other walk of life would you be given responsibility for 1 1/2 tonnes of metal operated around substantial numbers of soft squishy people without being regularly re-tested. Because it's a car and not industrial machinery, suddenly people are blind to the dangers.
- Tour de France game - Pick three Frenchmen1 year 11 weeks agowho do i owe a prize to for
who do i owe a prize to for the giro one?
- FS: Rapha and others...1 year 11 weeks agoI'm not sure, because its
I'm not sure, because its totally new and unworn, it looks TINY, but might stretch...
- Riders with similar names1 year 11 weeks agoThere are two Feillus, and
There are two Feillus, and two Henaos as well. And of course the Downings.
For some reason I always confuse Eisel and Kittel. No sane reason for this though (also suffer with Kadri/Gadret, Duarte/Duque and Gretcsh/Grabsch).
Niemiec (which I think I correctly pronounce nee-em-ee-ets) always makes the mahna-mahna song from the Muppets pop into my head. Also his first name (Przemyslaw) is hilariously unpronouncable.
Nairo Quintana - whenever I hear his name, I think of Jesus Quintana, the pederastic bowler from The Big Lebowski, specifically the quote "F---in' Quintana man? That creep can roll".
Henao - makes me think of Crowded House ("Hey now, Hey now...")
- Brian Cookson "disturbed" by contents of dossier on Pat McQuaid1 year 11 weeks agoCookson's off to start the
Cookson's off to start the process of canvassing the African feds - good, this is a regional block vote for McQuaid, as things stand.
Though at this rate you have to wonder whether even slippery Pat will make it to Sep...
- Tips on 4th cat road racing1 year 11 weeks agoI've raced the 4th Cat races
I've raced the 4th Cat races at Hillingdon a few times, I would agree with the points about holding your line through corners and trying to be efficient when the accelerations and decelerations come along.
In the 4th Cat, getting a good start isn't as important, people don't tend to race off in the first lap, if they do, they usually get reeled in (and dropped) but it is important not to be near the back of the bunch, if people in front of you get dropped, you either have to go round them and catch up or you get dropped too.
And I ride my Ribble Winter/Audax bike, no one laughs, people are on all sorts, steel racers to £5k carbon machines, if anyone does smirk, make sure your legs do the talking on the track!
One last thing, there's usually a intermediate sprint half way through, the race should last an hour or more so don't get fooled into sprinting early.
- Purist Tour de France 20131 year 11 weeks agoNotice that Garmin still
Notice that Garmin still haven't declared their full team. If Rohan Dennis gets the nod, my team will most likely change to include him.
- Brian Cookson "disturbed" by contents of dossier on Pat McQuaid1 year 11 weeks ago"I have been assured it will
"I have been assured it will be properly investigated." Who gave this assurance? And who will investigate?