- Best Road Shorts1 year 12 weeks agoCastelli Free Aero race
Castelli Free Aero race
Now close the argument
- Where to start with road bikes?1 year 12 weeks agohaha badkneestorm. but on the
haha badkneestorm. but on the longer commutes fitness is the last thing i need.i want more of that rollability lol. not got a skinsuit yet, but if these easterly winds continue i might have to (my return journey heads east)
- Bespoked Bristol reveal 2013 exhibitor list and to get you in the mood here's some 2012 highlights1 year 12 weeks agoseen the legends before, last
seen the legends before, last year when meeting Marco Bertoletti, very nice frames
- Lance Armstrong sells $10 million Austin, Texas home... at a loss, according to reports1 year 12 weeks agoa house bought by years of
a house bought by years of lies and cheating, deserves everything he gets now
- New Forest row: Sportive organiser warns riders to follow Highway Code... and locals will be watching1 year 12 weeks agoDon't forget, when someone
Don't forget, when someone beeps their horn at you it just means they think you have a cute bum. I realised this a couple of years ago and since then any motorist who hits his horn gets a mighty thank you and wave as he drives past.
Sometime no one appreciated my mamil bum, but other rides I get back from feeling very good about myself .......
- The bookies and cycling1 year 12 weeks agoThere's definitely an
There's definitely an opportunity to make some money from the bookies on cycling as it's an area where they don't have the same expertise as they do with horses and better known sports. The main issue is that you are likely to be limited to small stakes with many of them - I recently had a bet on someone at 100-1 for a stage and was limited to £1.50 each way with William Hill. Some other bookmakers do seem to be better though. Very often with non Grand Tour races stages are only priced up around 9-10pm the evening before and you will then see significant discrepancies between bookies - sometimes on Oddschecker, but often you need to go to individual sites. Bet365, Sportingbet and Betvictor are the most likely to price up a race early.
- Best Road Shorts1 year 12 weeks agoShutt Velo Rapide. Club for
Shutt Velo Rapide. Club for training, Pro for racing.
- New Forest row: Sportive organiser warns riders to follow Highway Code... and locals will be watching1 year 12 weeks agoEveryone should follow the
Everyone should follow the highway code, end of.
Yes the NIMBY stiff is pathetic and laughable, but...
Its really concerning if anger is being whipped up against cyclists - a group whose ONLY similar characteristic is that they are vulnerable road users.
If you're starting to get abuse and horns blaring ahead of this event, I dread to think what it'll be like on the day, and its not difficult to imagine road rage scenarios happening if self righteous fervour had been whipped up in advance.
- To Shave or Not To Shave1 year 12 weeks agoMy girlfriend is happy for me
My girlfriend is happy for me to have five bikes but draws the line at me shaving my legs. That's a p45 offense apparently. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.
- Just in: Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 20131 year 12 weeks agoCanyons direct sales mean a
Canyons direct sales mean a bargain as a full build, compared to many others.
For example for the retail price of a Bianchi Oltre Xr with SR EPS (£9500), you can buy the SLX Canyon frame with EPS SR with better wheels (£5439) AND have enough spare funds to buy their Aeroad bike with mechanical record 11
but because f that pricing I suspect you could (should) get some discount off the Bianchi
- Bespoked Bristol reveal 2013 exhibitor list and to get you in the mood here's some 2012 highlights1 year 12 weeks agoHeading down tonight as long
Heading down tonight as long as I can get in on the door. Looks like I'm in for a treat with plenty to drool over.
- Best Road Shorts1 year 12 weeks agoAnother vote for Assos. I've
Another vote for Assos. I've bought other, cheaper shorts before, and have worn them maybe just a few times.
Buy Assos, buy once.
- New Forest row: Sportive organiser warns riders to follow Highway Code... and locals will be watching1 year 12 weeks agoDisarm the angry locals with
Disarm the angry locals with a smile, wave and cheery call of 'Morninnnnnng.' Works wonders on our club runs!
Rising above the twatery gives you an enormous sense of wellbeing!
- Ritte Bike! 2013 Vlaanderen1 year 12 weeks agoI regret every moment of
I regret every moment of buying a house, my bike parts consumption has dive bombed and my list of jobs to do have sky rocketted, forget the house, buy the frame is my advice to you
- Sacramento cyclists rally to help injured rider... by stealing his Strava KOMs1 year 12 weeks agoI think I would be annoyed
I think I would be annoyed if, while I was injured, all my KOMs had been beaten. It maybe a motivator for him to get back healthy again, but surely having a group ride and donation fee would be a better way forward.
Still good luck to him and his friends. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.
- Where to start with road bikes?1 year 12 weeks agoRoly, baggy clothes help with
Roly, baggy clothes help with fitness too! You just might not get to your destination as you balloon away =P
All these points are great ones, I'd like to elaborate though. Many bikes that look like road bikes that accept 28and higher tires may in fact be cyclocross bikes! Be wary, as these will have a much smaller gear range, which means less top speed and almost no hill grinding gears (real hills). Don't get a cyclocross bike!
Cannondale Synapse, Trek Domane, ask your local bike shop!
- Just in: Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 20131 year 12 weeks agovery jealous of you guys..its
very jealous of you guys..its a beautiful bike to behold..!
- Best Road Shorts1 year 12 weeks agoAssos.
Close the thread.
Close the thread.
- Britain's top women's teams back on TV as dates announced for 2013 Johnson Health Tech Grand Prix Series1 year 12 weeks agoI wonder if the locations
I wonder if the locations aren't partly down to availability of riders. If the series needs amateur teams with talented riders (like LMNH and presumably still the Rapha Condor women) to field enough riders and wants to avoid drop in teams then you can't expect riders to spend £100's on travel and use 5 days holiday for the opportunity to race a series, especially if the likes of Wiggle Honda are going to turn up and take all the winnings.
Great to see some serious promotion of the sport though. Thank you ITV4 and everyone who is involved in organising it.
- Just in: Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 20131 year 12 weeks agoCan't wait to get mine. Early
Can't wait to get mine. Early reports are really positive...roll on the end of the month!
- Ritte Bike! 2013 Vlaanderen1 year 12 weeks agoDavidWhitney wrote:I'mDavidWhitney wrote:
I'm selling mine in the classified if you really want to try one out!
Unfortunately, your timing's awful. Saving up to move house, or I'd probably have already taken it off your hands.
- Best Road Shorts1 year 12 weeks agoYep, Castelli are great.....
Yep, Castelli are great.....
- Best Road Shorts1 year 12 weeks agoAssos are generally
Assos are generally considered the best,
I ride castelli as they are just a bit cheaper
- Best Road Shorts1 year 12 weeks agoCastelli would be my
Castelli would be my recommendation too - great quality and certainly not cheap but good value compared to similar quality brands.
- Fantasy Giro is open... and you could win a Bryton GPS worth £199 just by entering!1 year 12 weeks agoI'm betting on Hesjedal to
I'm betting on Hesjedal to retain the jersey.