- When's too many bikes enough ?1 year 6 weeks agoAnother for the n+1 argument!
Another for the n+1 argument!
- Bryton 40 - anyone any opinions.1 year 6 weeks agoI struggled with a Bryton 20
I struggled with a Bryton 20 for over a year. Kept getting water ingress and the unit would reset at a whim. Eventually I found it impossible to sync with my laptop and got a warranty replacement. 3 months down the line and exactly the same problems occurred so I gave up and bought a Garmin 500. Wow. A device that just works with no 'features'. Left wondering why on earth I persevered with Bryton for so long.
- Davina McCall's Edinburgh to London cyclothon almost derailed when she's affected by 'hypothermia'1 year 6 weeks agoRules 5 & 9 Davina!
Rules 5 & 9 Davina!
- Davina McCall's Edinburgh to London cyclothon almost derailed when she's affected by 'hypothermia'1 year 6 weeks agoYawn, z list publicity
Yawn, z list publicity seeking non-celebrity gets a bit cold on a ride today. Do keep me updated...zzzzzzz
- tour of qatar 20141 year 6 weeks agoScores coming. Oss is NOT
Scores coming. Oss is NOT riding, if you ignored the email and didn't change him, I don't think you'll score anything as the team won't be vaild
- Davina McCall's Edinburgh to London cyclothon almost derailed when she's affected by 'hypothermia'1 year 6 weeks agoHypothermia can sneak up on
Hypothermia can sneak up on anyone, but I have to ask what the support staff were doing to let her get so cold. She's not carrying much body fat, riding into a gale, so its predictable that hazard is going to be there. There's so many things they could have done - and a simple mountain goretex jacket over the top would have warmed her up.
I wonder if her clothing choices were dictated by the camera crew rather than common sense?
- Rapha Merino Boxers1 year 6 weeks ago@ FMOAB
I've been reading
I've been reading about this, and it appears that it is the action of the steel drum inside washing machines that causes the problem
But it is reported that there is no problem with hand washing.
It's certainly an interesting subject.
Maybe a good compromise is to hand wash nano silver technology garments, and to just use them for special occasions when you really don't want to stink after a long ride, and use garments without silver when you don't mind stinking a little bit.
- tour of qatar 20141 year 6 weeks ago2 & 8 th purist so far with 6
2 & 8 th purist so far with 6 & 8 standard.
- Lezyne Mega Drive front light1 year 6 weeks ago@andyp Flash, as in emitting
@andyp Flash, as in emitting 250 lumens is slightly less antisocial in traffic than on full on 600 or 1,000 lumens. In my humble opinion.
@MikeOnABike For a light as good as the Mega Drive, which is bright enough to ride full blast on a dark descent, I think £165 is not a lot of money. Compared to say, Exposure Strada or the Luu Turbo Torch 1500 I tested which costs a lot more and is nowhere near as good.
@wesen Just to categorically say that charging DOES work on the Mega Drive.
@CapriciousZephyr If the switch is playing up, I would contact Upgrade Bikes, I have found the distributor to be very helpful in the past.
- Casco Speedster aero road helmet1 year 6 weeks agoDont think even Judge Dredd
Dont think even Judge Dredd would be seen in so bug eyed a monstrosity?!
- Davina McCall's Edinburgh to London cyclothon almost derailed when she's affected by 'hypothermia'1 year 6 weeks ago"Cyclist gets 'a bit cold'
"Cyclist gets 'a bit cold' while riding in Winter" shocker!
Still - at least she carried on!
- When's too many bikes enough ?1 year 6 weeks agognarlyrider wrote:You guysgnarlyrider wrote:
You guys aren’t trying.
I have at least 14. Carbon road bike, Ribble track bike, Orange mtb, On-One Pompino fixed, no name aly cross bike, 2 x tandems, 1 x penny farthing hand made by me, Raleigh 653 turbo trainer bike, Kona Lava Dome mtb (1990), Ancient 531 fixed commuter, 2 x unicycles – 1 handmade, Mongoose bmx.
Plus 3 or 4 frames that I’ve held on just in case.
My 11 year old has five (Fondriest Mega plus, GT BMX, Kona Muni Mula mtb, Raleigh fixed, hand made 3 wheel recumbent), 13 year old has three a no name aly road bike, 3 speed commuter, and a Bottechia mtb. Just to join the party my wife also has three, two hybrids bikes and a dutch ish style commuter.
Family total of 25 - a few duplicates due for pruning but mostly each having its own purpose.
You've got ribbles, GTs, On-ones, Raleighs and stuff you daren't even name in there. Quality dear chap, not quantity.
- tour of qatar 20141 year 6 weeks agoResults are taking a fecking
Results are taking a fecking age to come through.
Will update later tonight
- tour of qatar 20141 year 6 weeks agoGhedebrav wrote:ApparentlyGhedebrav wrote:
Apparently Oss is riding. Got an email a couple of days ago saying he wasn't.
I just go by the official start list http://www.letour.com/tour-of-qatar/2014/us/riders.html
Oss isn't listed there
- Evans and Cycle Training UK team up for free seminars in London this month1 year 6 weeks ago"To the provinces"? That's
"To the provinces"? That's going to get the country yokels lighting their haystacks and brandishing their pitchforks!
- Casco Speedster aero road helmet1 year 6 weeks agoDoes this come with a jersey
Does this come with a jersey which says 'you have 20 seconds to comply' printed on the front?
- Bryton 40 - anyone any opinions.1 year 6 weeks agoI've never looked at the
I've never looked at the Bryton, as everyone in our group uses Garmin's, only 1 ever had an issue (water replaced with no quibble) and we all use Garmin connect to share and compare. Even out on the road, all the beeps you hear are Garmin's.
If you want real comparisons, you unfortunately need to follow the herd!
The other thing is that Garmin's have a good resale value should you want to trade up.
If it's just for your own use and you're happy with the interface (Garmin's isn't anything special, though it's getting a revamp soon) I would just go with the Bryton, it's better value and does 500 Garmin's job at 200 money.
- Casco Speedster aero road helmet1 year 6 weeks agoDead or alive, you're coming
Dead or alive, you're coming with me.
- Casco Speedster aero road helmet1 year 6 weeks agoAl__S wrote:Flying ScotAl__S wrote:Flying Scot wrote:
For that money I would have liked a visor that retracts easily for climbing, like the ones you can get in some construction helmets, I always remove glasses when climbing, but have them on at all other times, so I would be interested in such a helmet, and also with both light and dark tint options.
you mean like this Abus helmet?
...Well yes Al, exactly like that!
I'm due a new lid this year, I will try and find one in real shop for a wee play.
Call me a skinflint, but I struggle to see what makes a 130 hat different from a 30 quid one, but this one really appeals, assuming it doesn't fog up like the Kask bambino I borrowed for a TT recently, though its easy just to slide it out the way if it does.
- tour of qatar 20141 year 6 weeks ago1 TERPSTRA Niki Omega Pharma
1 TERPSTRA Niki Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team 3:13:42
2 ROELANDTS Jurgen Lotto Belisol 0:01
3 SCHAR Michael BMC Racing Team ,,
4 ELMIGER Martin IAM Cycling ,,
5 VAN KEIRSBULCK Guillaume Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team 0:07
6 BOONEN Tom Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team ,,
7 MARKUS Barry Belkin-Pro Cycling Team ,,
8 DéMARE Arnaud FDJ.fr ,,
9 VAN STAEYEN Michael Topsport Vlaanderen – Baloise ,,
10 SIEBERG Marcel Lotto Belisol ,,
- Cyclist collision database could save lives & reduce injuries, says medical charity - but it needs funding1 year 6 weeks agoWHILST most Law Enforcement
WHILST most Law Enforcement Personnel take the attitude
“you cyclists take your lives into your own hands”.
NO amount of Stats will change this WOEFUL ATTITUDE !
This story says it ALL , wherever YOU Cycle in the World , comment posted in :
" ANIMAL by the name of Axel Inostroza ( 27yo drunk?) with a COWARD PASS , worse than that , he carried the LIVING VICTIM out of the Car and tossed him into the scrub near his house and left Craig Camlin to Die :
Camlin, who does not have insurance, has nearly a $1 million hospital bill and his family is reaching out to the public for help. "There's a wonderful organization, helphopelive.org, which is a non-profit organization that just helps patients and families," said his sister.
For those who want to help, they can visit the following website:
WHY does Craig's Family have to PAY for the actions of an UNFEELING ANIMAL who deserves LIFE without payroll ?
Photos can be found on the link !
- Kona launch 2014 road bikes + video1 year 6 weeks agoIt's Hawaii - they probably
It's Hawaii - they probably want to be able to hop off the bike straight onto the surf board.
- Le Tour Mediterranéen1 year 6 weeks agoray silvester wrote:The siteray silvester wrote:
The site has stage 4 as a team time trial.....Its actually an ITT?
Profiles are available at pro cycling stats but I'm reading it as follows
1)Classics type stage
4)Undulating 18k ITT
5)HC summit finish
Well spotted, thought I'd checked everything. Have updated it accordingly.
- tour of qatar 20141 year 6 weeks agoWatched it on an arabic feed
Watched it on an arabic feed from cycling fans. The first five broke away and held on...just
- tour of qatar 20141 year 6 weeks agoTerpstra wins, then
Terpstra wins, then Roelandts, Schar. Boonen came 6th.