- Just in: Genesis Equilibrium Ti1 year 24 weeks agotj wrote:Looking forward totj wrote:
Looking forward to seeing a more detailed review...
This isn't a review.
- DfT's Think Cyclist campaign: Why so little funding in comparison to motorcycle awareness campaign?1 year 24 weeks agoratattat wrote:Something isratattat wrote:
Something is better than nothing
This is true, but I feel that British Cycling, the CTC and others have missed a trick this year. Surely, following such a brilliant summer of cycling, some of the big names should be coerced into doing something really outstanding to raise awareness of the dangers experienced by all cyclists. In a society that seems to value celebrity above all else, I'm fairly certain that a hard-hitting message or two from the likes of Wiggo, Cav, Hoy, Pendleton et al would have an infinitely bigger impact than the same message from the likes of you or me.
I've suggested the same to Brian Cookson, who told me BC "Will bear your comments in mind as we plan our strategic approach to the issues of driver behaviour, etc. You may have noticed we have been more active in that area in recent months after leaving it to the CTC in the past."
I've also suggested that Sky (and associated Murdoch interests) would be the ideal conduit to get the message out there to the ordinary men and women on the street.
So far, I can see no progress and as the collective memory of British cycling success in the summer of 2012 fades away, the chances of anything happening is receding.
Further comment here, if you have a minute: http://fiftyyearsandcounting.wordpress.com/2012/08/02/wiggins-speaks-out...
- Opinions please. Transfer post1 year 24 weeks agoSneak peak to test my coding
Sneak peak to test my coding skills......
World Tour Teams as of 2012
Yauheni Hutarovich from FDJ-BigMat
Davide Appollonio from Team Sky
Carlos Betancur from Acqua & Sapone
Steve Chainel from FDJ-BigMat
Samuel Dumoulin from Cofidis
Julian Kern from Loepard - Trek Continental
Domenico Pozzovivo from Colnago CSF Inox
- Cyclocross as my roadbike1 year 24 weeks agoCX chainset is typically
CX chainset is typically 46/36 - you don't need such a big chainring as you're rarely going that fast and the smaller difference in size between chainrings means you're less likely to drop the chain
- Cyclocross in Dorset!....... ?1 year 24 weeks agohttp://www.wessexcx.co.uk/cal
Wessex League is the local CX league, but the Poole Race is the only one in Dorset, you have to travel a bit for the others
- Parlee Z-Zero launched – with disc brake option1 year 24 weeks agoJohnS wrote:I want the blueJohnS wrote:
I want the blue one. NOW.
me too, disc brakes n all.
- Raleigh Sp Carbon Comp 2011 58cm1 year 24 weeks agoDamn. I was really hoping it
Damn. I was really hoping it was 28cm......My dog wanted a road bike
- Euskaltel-Euskadi's Victor Cabedo killed in training crash in Spain1 year 24 weeks agoTouching story about the
Touching story about the bottle given to your son. Unbelievable and tragic circumstances doing what we all enjoy, riding our bikes. RIP
- DfT's Think Cyclist campaign: Why so little funding in comparison to motorcycle awareness campaign?1 year 24 weeks agoNot sure about being better
Not sure about being better than nothing...
The poster is OK, but a lot of the text backing it is dubious at best and reinforces drivers perceptions about what cyclists should do (helmets, hi-viz etc), and what drivers think they should be able to do (not entering ASLs is advisory, not a must not as in the code).
It is telling that although the AA, RAC etc are behind it, no cycling organistion is...
- Euskaltel-Euskadi's Victor Cabedo killed in training crash in Spain1 year 24 weeks ago(No subject)
- DfT's Think Cyclist campaign: Why so little funding in comparison to motorcycle awareness campaign?1 year 24 weeks agoSomething is better than
Something is better than nothing
- DfT's new Think Cyclist campaign fails to get cycling organisations on board1 year 24 weeks agoBear in mind that the budget
Bear in mind that the budget for this campaign is the same as the subsidy for 16 electric cars and you will see how little time, effort and money is being put into this.
The comment about wearing light or reflective clothing during the day - what about grey or black cars then?
This could have been so much better, had they got the cycling organisations on board properly and put some decent money up. the only people happy with this are the driving organisations, which speaks volumes.
I just think that it is a cynical minimal box-ticking exercise, which could lead to more victim blame when accidents happen.
Or maybe I've been watching too much "The Thick Of It"!
- FSA BB30 adapter sleeve removal1 year 24 weeks agoTo me, Its a step to far IMO,
To me, Its a step to far IMO, Its a LBS job, not that I have anything with that kind of BB. But here is a step by step
- DfT's new Think Cyclist campaign fails to get cycling organisations on board1 year 24 weeks agoHi, first post :0
Hi, first post :0
Speaking unscientifically, the thing that would make the most difference to me as a cyclist on the road would be drivers paying 100% attention to what they're doing. For me that is more important than speed as a factor of danger. I'd say that here near Folkestone, around 80% of drivers give me enough space when overtaking and the other 20% are a sliding scale of closer and scarier, regardless of their speed. Some of my closest calls have been with vehicles around the 25mph mark, their drivers not really minding the road totally.
As we acknowledge, hi-vis and helmets are personal choice and I choose both whenever I go out. I've had some scary near misses as a driver with riders in black with no lights in the dark. Just trying to give myself every chance out there.
- Pictures of your Bike1 year 24 weeks agoi only have 1 bike i love it
i only have 1 bike i love it though edit apologies for the pic,i thought it would automatically resize
- Opinions please. Transfer post1 year 24 weeks agoThis is the format I am going
This is the format I am going to use. Taking out the links. As long as I can confirm it somewhere. I'll post it.
Dario Cataldo from Omega Pharma
Vasil Kiryienka from Movistar
- Opinions please. Transfer post1 year 24 weeks agoNope, they are confirmed for
Nope, they are confirmed for Sky next year, look at the links below them
- Opinions please. Transfer post1 year 24 weeks agoExample 2 appears best then
Example 2 appears best then you can look at your fav team to see who is coming in. Much better than seeing who's leaving.
Did you just add Cataldo and Kiriyenka as examples or are they coming to Sky ?
- Team Sky. A force for evil ??1 year 24 weeks agoHmm, i tihnk the OP should
Hmm, i tihnk the OP should cool his jets a little. Its a british team doing well, isnt that enough or would he prefer not to have a British TdF winner. As people have said and i agree i dont think Wiggins would have won in another team.
- 2016 Road World Championships head to Qatar, but doubts over 2014 edition in Spain1 year 24 weeks agosimoncon wrote:If the Spanishsimoncon wrote:
If the Spanish cant run 2014 world champs, bring them to the UK, centainly will get a lot of support!
I doubt if the UK could make the sort of "presentation" that would impress the UCI.
- Opinions please. Transfer post1 year 24 weeks agoThe problem with example two
The problem with example two means I HAVE to do a continental list aswell
OR, I could just leave the links out. As long as I have confirmed the link that anyone sends me. That'll do
- Parlee Z-Zero launched – with disc brake option1 year 24 weeks agolove it love it love it,
love it love it love it, bring it on Parlee ...
- Parlee Z-Zero launched – with disc brake option1 year 24 weeks agoTo me the disc model is like
To me the disc model is like the Colnago disc version, both lacking in aesthetics, cycling's equivalent to the Chelsea tractor. I love track bikes.
- DfT's new Think Cyclist campaign fails to get cycling organisations on board1 year 24 weeks agoI suppose we can hope that
I suppose we can hope that Steve Hammond will be an improvement on Mike Penning. Certainly he can't be any worse - thinking cyclists are safer here than in the Netherlands, I ask you!
Also the new transport secretary seems to have said some sensible things about speed - he emphasises that it is the principal cause of road deaths these days and he is clearly sceptical about increasing motorway speed limits.
I agree with other commenters that the HIghway Code's "as much as you woudl give a car" doesn't actually mean, textually, a car's width, but I think you have to read the photo alongside the words in the Code and the photo is pretty explicit. In any case, there are recommendations for the minimum space needed between a cyclist and overtaking vehicles (in cycle lane design guidamce from the DfT) which I think talk of 1.2m for a car passing at 20mph, and about 2.5m for a bus passing at 30. In general, bigger or faster vehicles require a wider margin in the design standards.
- Just in: Genesis Equilibrium Ti1 year 24 weeks agoIs this one of those
Is this one of those competitions where you just have to post to be in with a chance of winning it?
we can all dream...