- To Shave or Not To Shave1 year 12 weeks agoThat is the one reason why
That is the one reason why old farts like me shave the stumps,cant wait to get the winter herbage off the legs.First TT after a holiday in sun,tues 7th May.
- Yorkshire cyclist convicted of assault on van driver after court rejects self-defence claim1 year 12 weeks agoSeems to me you can't win.
Seems to me you can't win. Best you can do is buy a helmet camera and record everything that happens ... but, however big, brave and fearless you are, just don't get involved in a toe to toe situation. At £850 it just ain't worth it, but ... is it ever worth it?
As the rider you can't win. You're very vulnerable in your cleats, you need witnesses to support your case - and most people aren't interested - and if you end up in court you're up against the sleaziest b'stards that were ever put on the planet. These "legal suits" have a job - and it's to make you look stupid. And they are very, very good at it. How they sleep at night, christ alone knows, but if they can get a felon off the hook, that's what they do.
Camera the action - if you can - then ride away and report it. Sounds cowardly, I know, and not what any of us ever wants to do, but at £850 right on the nose - and all the aggro that goes with it - you've got to ask yourself ... what is the point of doing anything else? Be smarter than they are and don't let 'em win.
- Best way of attracting female cyclists1 year 12 weeks agoNothing says "good girl" like
Nothing says "good girl" like a firm pat on the buttocks...
...or so my Dad tells me.
- New Fizik Antares Versus saddle spotted at Paris-Roubaix1 year 12 weeks agoI've got the Arione that
I've got the Arione that looks like that. It's worked a treat for me so far, and my hopes to one day be a parent have been revived.
- New Forest row: Sportive organiser warns riders to follow Highway Code... and locals will be watching1 year 12 weeks agoNew Forest drivers are the
New Forest drivers are the worst kind, but be gentle with them - they're having a bad day!
They enter the forest hoping to go somewhere nice and relax, but if they're not in traffic jams, they're in queues of cars stuck behind tractors, horses, bicycles, caravans, Sunday drivers, and pretty much every other slow driver you can think of.
It's quite often more stressful to drive through the New Forest than it is to drive through rush hour London. Don't be fooled by all the nature!
- Yorkshire cyclist convicted of assault on van driver after court rejects self-defence claim1 year 12 weeks agoDepends whether the driver's
Depends whether the driver's mouth was moving in on his fist, or the other way about!
- Amstel Gold Race1 year 12 weeks agoPush-to-shove, I'd go
Push-to-shove, I'd go Terminator over Purito, though if my classics selection suggest anything then I'd think twice before listening to me.
Saying that, Phil Gil is a must-pick for me.
- Just in: Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 20131 year 12 weeks agono, it was my worry seeing
no, it was my worry seeing the Kristohh bike picture at Paris-Roubaix http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...roubaix/260623 and knowing from Canyon they were checking frames 100% in the shop,therefore having a bottlenek in shipping.
- Best way of attracting female cyclists1 year 12 weeks agoWhat an Amateur!
We all know
What an Amateur!
We all know the way you attract female cyclist is by drawing a knob in chalk on your left thigh. Bum pinch is optional.
- Boris Johnson says he "won't be bullied" into wearing a cycle helmet (+ video)1 year 12 weeks agoDangerously sensible words
Dangerously sensible words from Boris there; or at least, completely matching my thoughts. Yes, helmets are recommended because in some types of accident they may help. No, you don't mandate them because otherwise no-one will take up cycling.
But it won't make a shred of difference whether you're wearing a helmet or not if you've just been run over by a 40-tonne truck.
Comments descending into the usual argument in 3... 2... 1...
- Yorkshire cyclist convicted of assault on van driver after court rejects self-defence claim1 year 12 weeks agoWait, the driver bit his
Wait, the driver bit his hand? Isn't this assault too?
- Boris Johnson says he "won't be bullied" into wearing a cycle helmet (+ video)1 year 12 weeks agoIn a sidenote to the safety
In a sidenote to the safety issue, the hygiene issue surely? Would you want to wear a helmet that has been worn by 100s or 1000s of other people in all weathers?
- Yorkshire cyclist convicted of assault on van driver after court rejects self-defence claim1 year 12 weeks agoIt seems it was agreed in
It seems it was agreed in court that Chris banged on the side of the van. If a vehicle is so close the cyclist can touch it that is too close. The driver did not have to stop, unless he thought he had hit the cyclist, which is possible, but a more likely scenario is the driver stopped to unleash a little road rage on the cyclist. Instead as often happens in these cases he finds he is facing a somewhat fit athlete, all pumped up with adrenaline because he just had a near death experience, and as a result driver gets a kicking. As already pointed out, had the van hit the cyclist and killed him his fine would probably be less than 840 quid.
- New Forest row: Sportive organiser warns riders to follow Highway Code... and locals will be watching1 year 12 weeks agoComment removed due to
Comment removed due to incompetence.
- New Forest row: Sportive organiser warns riders to follow Highway Code... and locals will be watching1 year 12 weeks agoFATBEGGARONABIKE wrote:phax71FATBEGGARONABIKE wrote:phax71 wrote:
Conservatives are in the main C••ts!!
There I've said it, self hating, outwardly hateful, narrowminded C••ts!!
Nice to see you take such a broadminded approach to politics
To be fair I thought he did quite well to leave it at that.
- Best Road Shorts1 year 12 weeks agoAnother vote for Assos. But
Another vote for Assos. But Guy hit the nail on the head completely. Horses for courses innit?
- Meeting Fabian Cancellara moments after he won Paris Roubaix1 year 12 weeks agoSeems a bit cruel for the
Seems a bit cruel for the organisers to make a guy who's royally farked walk up two flights of narrow stairs to speak to VIPs. Couldn't they have come to him?
- Just in: Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 20131 year 12 weeks agoWorrying. I wonder if they've
Worrying. I wonder if they've managed to fix it. Where did you find about the pach? Was it Canyon themselves that told you?
- Just in: Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 20131 year 12 weeks agoNo extra Carbon Patch on
No extra Carbon Patch on mine, mine was delayed as well, but definitely worth the wait.
- Meeting Fabian Cancellara moments after he won Paris Roubaix1 year 12 weeks agoHe makes the Classics amazing
He makes the Classics amazing to watch. You are on the edge of your chair in anticipation of when the move will happen. A truly great race this year.
- Birmingham Cycle Revolution plans published as city finalises DfT funding bid1 year 12 weeks agoBeing a Brummie I would
Being a Brummie I would welcome any investment, as at the moment there is very little to encourage cycling in and around the City. The neighboring Counties of Warwickshire and Staffordshire are very different in their attitude, where Tamworth for example has a lot of cycle routes available in comparison.
There is very little cycle awareness in Birmingham, as someone has already mentioned, where most people seem to be in a hurry on congested and tight roads. If a recent example is to go by, where a cycle lane has been lined out on a local road on the up-hill section only and where cars are parking in it, then I don't hold out much hope. Until they adopt an attitude of planning routes into new schemes instead of putting all the emphasis on motor vehicles, nothing will change (and yes I do drive). And yes there is the canal route; narrow, full of debris, overgrown and mostly unlit. I am a keen cyclists but I would not even entertain the idea of cycling in and around the city roads. I stick to rural and country routes and head into the neighboring Counties
- Video: MTN-Qhubeka film looks back at WorldTour debut and Ciolek's win in San Remo1 year 12 weeks agoSuperb video the team deserve
Superb video the team deserve all the success.
- Best Road Shorts1 year 12 weeks agoRaleigh wrote:Castelli FreeRaleigh wrote:
Castelli Free Aero race
Now close the argument
I have a pair of these and the chamois is great. You do get value the more you pay (despite what some may say). Although I did get some wear on my shorts from the RAB. I think Castelli offer value at a more affordable price, but I've never worn Assos.
I hate my original Gore bib shorts after wearing Castelli.
- Where to start with road bikes?1 year 12 weeks agobadkneestom wrote:Don't get abadkneestom wrote:
Don't get a cyclocross bike!
I'd agree with "don't get a *pure* cyclocross bike" but some of the more general use ones (genesis CDF) are perfect commuters: rugged, fast, rack/guard eyes, good brakes etc
I use a condor cross bike with slick 25's and it keeps up fine on a club run during the 10 months of winter and is a great commuter.
- Meeting Fabian Cancellara moments after he won Paris Roubaix1 year 12 weeks agoGuessing PK wasn't there: "so
Guessing PK wasn't there: "so Luigi..."