- I'm new here so Brake compatibility question...1 year 9 weeks agoThe calipers I have a Tektro
The calipers I have a Tektro R540's with stock pads and seem to slow me down rather than bring me to a halt. There is no sense of being able to yank the brakes for an emergency stop!
I have heard that the stock pads are rubbish, but as I can get a pair of SRAM calipers for £30 or 105's for £40 I thought this would be a more cost effective route in the long run.
Hence asking the compatibility question.
- British Cycling’s ‘Secret Squirrel Club’ developing new aero helmet and drag reducing clothing1 year 9 weeks agoNext: Coanda Effect
Next: Coanda Effect "mudguards"
- Emma Way found guilty on 2 of 3 counts in #bloodycyclists case1 year 9 weeks ago[[[[ And another thing! How
[[[[ And another thing! How does 7 points on your licence scupper your Accountancy training? Yet more TWADDLE!
- Emma Way found guilty on 2 of 3 counts in #bloodycyclists case1 year 9 weeks ago[[[[ How tough? she herself
[[[[ How tough? she herself tweeted "100mph", I thought. Add that to the photo....
- Proposal to modify ASL zone - opinions wanted.1 year 9 weeks agoWhy not have a row of spikes
Why not have a row of spikes that come up when the lights are red?
- Proposal to modify ASL zone - opinions wanted.1 year 9 weeks agoGet rid of them and put in
Get rid of them and put in exact same paths they have in the netherlands, problem solved.
- Suggestions/requests for the 2014 season1 year 9 weeks agoDave Atkinson wrote:leortpDave Atkinson wrote:leortp wrote:
I wonder if a ranking system could be possible in some shape way or form - perhaps for the overall points total? Not 100% on official UCI terminology so bear with me. Could be done by putting different badges that only recognise Grand Tour and Mounment achievements, or if it was done around point scoring it'd be something like:
For all World Tour Races you get 100% of the the points
for all 2.1 you get 75% of the points
for all 2.2 you get 50%
this way it should appease those people who can't keep up with all the races as it won't affect their overall standing too much - the people who do all the races still get badges, stage wins etc. to play for, and it mirrors real cycling a bit more in that yeah it's great if you win a smaller race but it's not as good as winning a stage in a Grand Tour or a monument.
Good idea, that.
- Conservation groups fight plans for Cambridge Velodrome and Derby cycle track1 year 9 weeks agoSuspect they wouldn't put up
Suspect they wouldn't put up as much of a fuss if firstly it wasn't cycling and there was something in it for them...
- Shimano RS81 C35 wheels1 year 9 weeks agoGreat review!
Any review of
Any review of RS81 C50?
- Dales villagers warned to plan for Tour de France1 year 9 weeks agodp24 wrote:Quote:Mr Quinndp24 wrote:Quote:
Mr Quinn claimed groups of cyclists were passing through the village of Embsay at 30-40mph
Does Mr Quinn have any opinion on cars passing through the village at 30-40mph?
Also an interesting assumption that these "missing" car mirrors are down to cyclists, rather than the far greater volume of much larger cars and lorries.
You mean drivers*
No speed limits apply to bike riders, this is just nimbysm again and desperate distraction techniques.
Drivers regulary speed whenever they can, they have no morals whatsoever, him included probably, they are running scared and i'm glad.
- Police Blitz, London1 year 9 weeks agoI don't care whether they are
I don't care whether they are on a bike or not, they have a agenda and i will ignore them every time, they are trying to turn this country into a police state, resist it.
- Cyclist knocked off by bus guilty of threatening behaviour1 year 9 weeks agoI wouldn't have apologised,
I wouldn't have apologised, he should have taken it to the police, she has got away scot free with hitting a human being, deliberate or not, she and the bus company must be laughing their heads off at this, sort your own "justice".
Don't expect any help from anyone if you get hit is what this proves.
- Suggestions/requests for the 2014 season1 year 9 weeks agopritchardbrown wrote:My onlypritchardbrown wrote:
My only change would be to include women's racing next year...
Wow. It looks like lots of female riders are being added to the TDU women's teams. How about that?
- Do we challenge red light jumpers/green man means cyclist1 year 9 weeks agoCrosshouses wrote:'Momentum'Crosshouses wrote:
'Momentum' is an interesting word, it's the one HGV drivers use to justify tailgating.
That's like saying "love" is an interesting word because I could use it either as justification for buying my girlfriend flowers or for killing her in a fit of jealousy. My momentum as a cyclist isn't going to kill an innocent road user.
- BBC, cycling in Berlin1 year 9 weeks agoEnforcement of the law? Now
Enforcement of the law? Now there's an interesting idea!
- Lorry driver not guilty of killing cyclist as jury at retrial fails to reach verdict1 year 9 weeks agomonty dog wrote:Compulsorymonty dog wrote:
Compulsory video cameras in commercial vehicles?
My thought exactly.
- I'm new here so Brake compatibility question...1 year 9 weeks agoRoad brakes vary based on the
Road brakes vary based on the length of the drop - the distance between the nut and the pads. Deep drop are for bikes with more clearance, they usually have room for mudguards.
Check whether your current ones are standard (39-49mm IIRC) or deep drop (49-57mm). 105s will be standard, and I doubt Apex would be any better than that.
Pad choice also makes a big difference to performance, particularly in the wet. I'd fit Kool-Stop Salmon or red&black dual compound pads.
- Altura Night Vision Jacket1 year 9 weeks agoI bought one recently and
I bought one recently and wore in anger for the first time last night. I was very impressed - it was cold and wet but I stayed warm and dry. I like the small front zip pocket (seemed entirely waterproof to me) and all the other features. Only grumble is price which I think could be £15 less, but I'm probably being mean.
- Proposal to modify ASL zone - opinions wanted.1 year 9 weeks agoNo
- Undertaking HGV's a cyclists perspective1 year 9 weeks agoI wonder if he had put his
I wonder if he had put his hazards on but a bulb was out?
- Undertaking HGV's a cyclists perspective1 year 9 weeks agoI don't think so, the driver
I don't think so, the driver was obviously not a dickhead as he was aware of your presence and anticipated a hazard. You also behaved correctly by avoiding a potentially hazardous position. I can understand his frustration at the behavior of cyclists in general but I bet he wasn't particularly pissed off at you in particular. Bin wagons have to pull in a lot so the best position is to be drafting, prepared to overtake on the right as it pulls in.
- I'm new here so Brake compatibility question...1 year 9 weeks agoThey will work, but depending
They will work, but depending on which Tektro calipers you have may not be an upgrade.
- Dales villagers warned to plan for Tour de France1 year 9 weeks ago"..the spectators were less
"..the spectators were less likely to have a “football crowd” mentality."
Don't let them see any footage of the Dutch Corner on Alpe
- TfL said to have approached researchers over headphones and cyclist safety1 year 9 weeks agoIf TFL wants to do research,
If TFL wants to do research, they could research why many taxi drivers think 6 inches is an acceptable distance to pass a bike, even when there is plenty of room. (I remonstrated with one a couple of days ago for doing this - not the first time either.. perhaps six+ times now). Private and hospital minibus drivers also seem to have shitty anti-cyclist driving habits.
They could research ways to change cars to make drivers look properly when exiting side roads, roundabouts, parking spaces, etc.
Because this earphone BS is not useful to anyone and a complete waste of public money and stinks of victim blaming once again.
- Dales villagers warned to plan for Tour de France1 year 9 weeks agoOnce again Chief Inspector
Once again Chief Inspector Lovell is the only voice of reason in Yorkshire.
I for one plan to ride up from Stockport with the Bakfiets, the tent and minime number 1, camping out wherever.