- Cardo Bluetooth BK-1 offers hands-free cycling communication1 year 20 weeks agohttp://www.velominati.com/the
earphones / bluetooth....whats the bloody difference.
give yourself and others the best opportunity for safe riding.
If you need to make/receive a phone call during a ride it will only be to promote your self importance.
Remember....The Ride is always the most important.
- Tyler Hamilton's Secret Race wins William Hill Sports Book of the Year1 year 20 weeks agoIt's a brilliant book which
It's a brilliant book which spells out clearly the mad votex that professional cycling had got itself into. It was dope or lose - as simple as that. It may be wrong but you can understand how riders like Hamilton who have put their bodies through hell - yet can't seem to win - take the final step to get to the front of the peleton. Shame on the cycling authorities for not wanting to rock a corrupt boat by handing out weak sanctions to proven dopers. The world is watching and A-list sponsors will steer clear of the sport until they are convinced it's clean for good.
- Tyler Hamilton's Secret Race wins William Hill Sports Book of the Year1 year 20 weeks agothereandbackagain wrote:Maybethereandbackagain wrote:
Maybe they could give the prize money to the Paul Kimmage defence fund...
..and slip John Inverdale a few quid to get himself a new jacket. He looks like he's just come off the allotment.
- First Sportive in March. Any training tips or advice1 year 20 weeks agoThanks for the advice
Thanks for the advice bigmel.
Totally agree with just getting on the bike and putting the miles in, only thing is i work offshore on an oil rig so for my 2 weeks out here intervals on the turbo trainer is my only option.
- Competing British Tour de France bids jockey for position ahead of ASO decision1 year 20 weeks agoGo from Scotland then come to
Go from Scotland then come to Newcastle. I will commit to a low carbon spectating experience by cycling to the event and holding my breath.
- Storck launch winter clothing + UK website1 year 20 weeks agoLove the Castelli jersey with
Love the Castelli jersey with the bibs
- Radio Newcastle DJ gets ban and fine for careless driving around two off-duty policemen on a bike ride1 year 20 weeks agoSurely these are issues that
Surely these are issues that we should be bringing to the attention of our new Police Commissioners? I have already, and, of course, he has not bothered to reply(Tony Hogg) suspect he is too busy choosing a nice big expensive car.... what a waste of space.
- Chris Hoy launches his own named bike1 year 20 weeks agoChris Hoy and HOYbikes will
Chris Hoy and HOYbikes will be launching 3 road & 4 city bikes in Evans Cycles stores in late Spring. Lots more planned - including a track bike...
- Merlin Malt R road bike, opinions and sizing question1 year 20 weeks agoThanks for the reply mate,
Thanks for the reply mate,
I finally got the phone call with a price with the upgraded kit, however for another £85 I can get a 105 equipped Giant, so I think I'll go for that. I have had 2 road bikes in the past so not new to it, really appreciate your input tho mate. Been round all the local shops and not much to excite bike or deal wise.
I know the size I need in Giant, and I had a Cube Peloton with a TT of 535mm and that felt good for reach so using that as a guide for TT sizing.
- Times Newspaper redesigns dangerous roundabout for cyclists and pedestrians1 year 20 weeks agoA lot could also be done with
A lot could also be done with mere education. I regularly use a major junction (actually three junctions grouped closely together) where I have worked out the safest way to get across, but 10-20% of the time I will be charged past by someone rushing to the next red light 50 yards on, despite me taking the lane. I can almost hear the steam coming out of their ears.
- Storck launch winter clothing + UK website1 year 20 weeks agoTighter! It needs to be
Tighter! It needs to be TIGHTER!!!
- Competing British Tour de France bids jockey for position ahead of ASO decision1 year 20 weeks agoGo Scotland!
- Times Newspaper redesigns dangerous roundabout for cyclists and pedestrians1 year 20 weeks agoCan they look at the Hills Rd
Can they look at the Hills Rd junction in Cambridge next, please? Currently out for consultation and the first proposal is virtually no improvement for cyclists or pedestrians. This junction is 4th most dangerous for cyclists in Cambridge by collisions 2005-2010.
For a city where over 50% of adults cycle, their plans lack any kind of ambition or real provision for cyclists.
- FS: singlespeed wheelset, handlebars, Shimano levers plus Liplock collar1 year 20 weeks agoAlso have a well used FSA
Also have a well used FSA Black Vero Triple Square taper Chainset 50,39,30 £15 posted?
Plus an old FSA Powerplay 94bcd Square taper chainset with Zicral Stronglight rings 42/29 again £15 posted
- Carbon bike hunting, any ideas?1 year 20 weeks agoDutchie wrote:Breaking theDutchie wrote:
Breaking the budget by 30% and over 50% respectively, you guys must be civil servants?
PMSL - the private sector Project Manager's dream
- Kranium cardboard helmet goes into production + video1 year 20 weeks agoseanieh66 wrote:Nick Tseanieh66 wrote:Nick T wrote:
Not to be worn in the rain, presumably.
If you'd watched the video you'd see that the structure is covered by a plastic lid
Person 1 makes error due to not checking out the available content.
Person 1 then retracts error.
Person 2 notes that person 1 made an error due to not checking out the available content, and in doing so makes error due to not checking out the available content.
- Competing British Tour de France bids jockey for position ahead of ASO decision1 year 20 weeks agobtw - did read your post
btw - did read your post before heading to work this morning - and couldn't really disagree with many of your points
frankly I find the whole jockeying for position distasteful
I would have thought the scottish and yorkshire bids could have come together - not like we're THAT far apart - but routing through Mancs instead seems an odd choice apart from the population density consideration
- Gkam84 needs a trike to ride and help him deal with early Parkinson's - he's 28 FFS1 year 20 weeks agoA little update, I have
A little update, I have commissioned three piece's of artwork for the auction, which may turn into six because the artist is so excited about me asking her to help out.
They will be, Wiggo in TT yellow at TdF, Cav winning the Worlds and Cav winning a stage in rainbow.
She wants to posterize them but also paint them in acrylic.
- FS: New Vision T30 wheels & Campagnolo Record 10 F&R Mechs1 year 20 weeks agoPM sent re rear mech
PM sent re rear mech
- First Sportive in March. Any training tips or advice1 year 20 weeks agoIn the spirit of Keep It
In the spirit of Keep It Simple . . .
Don't worry too much about training plans and sessions and intervals and all that nonsense.
Your base endurance fitness is nothing like it could be (believe me!) so just go out and get in those steady 2 or 3 hours in the saddle at a HR Zone 2 pace (you should be able to chat away with your ride companions).
Start the event at the pace you can maintain for the distance you are riding. If you feel good then pick up the pace in the last couple of hours. You will overtake everyone who went out too fast.
If you find yourself riding with others :-
Ride in a straight line at a steady pace.
+1 to the comment about Audax being the way to go.
- Tyler Hamilton's Secret Race wins William Hill Sports Book of the Year1 year 20 weeks agoBrilliant and well deserved.
Brilliant and well deserved.
- Alberto Contador: Cycling needs a zero tolerance approach to doping1 year 20 weeks agoBigDummy, headfirst: Doh,
BigDummy, headfirst: Doh, apologies. I'll go stand in the corner and recalibrate my irony/sarcasm sensors.
- Tyler Hamilton's Secret Race wins William Hill Sports Book of the Year1 year 20 weeks agoWhilst his admissions have
Whilst his admissions have helped in bringing to light USPS and in particular Armstrong's systematic doping i would feel more disposed to Hamilton if he used the profits from his book in paying back the sport and the fans that he helped cheat.
At the moment i can't help feeling he profited from cheating and now he is profiting again from telling everyone how he cheated.
To paraphrase "Cheat me once shame on you, Cheat me twice shame on me!"
I for one will not be buying the book and i have instructed everyone that may be thinking of Christmas present buying that this would not be a welcome gift.
- Merlin Malt R road bike, opinions and sizing question1 year 20 weeks agoHi, and welcome to the forum.
Hi, and welcome to the forum. I don't have a Merlin (I lusted after the ti ones as a kid!) but there are a lot of deals about at the moment as 2012 stock is cleared out. If one shop doesn't want your cash, many others will.
Also, although you aren't new to cycling, if you are new to road bikes (and hence a different geometry to the mountain bike(s) or whatever that you currently ride) I think you would be wise to use a shop you can visit and try a few bikes.
- Ride Aquazero bib tights with insert1 year 20 weeks agoI'm a tallish woman (172cm
I'm a tallish woman (172cm /5' 9", quite skinny), I ordered the medium (they don't do womens sizes as women don't cycle!) and they fit really nicely. It was a gamble, to order mens kit for my female form, but it's paid off.
I seem to have avoided the torrential rain though so cannot vouch for their waterproofness.