- Geometry questions1 year 5 weeks agoAre there any other geometry
Are there any other geometry factors I should be looking at before eventually choosing?
It depends what you want to do with the bike
If you want a fast bike for real racing then you might rate faster steering
If you want to ride long distances then you want something more stable
I always want a more comfortable bike so I get a longer head tube and shorter top tube
If you want to do time trialling on it then there are probably factors for geometry for that
- Turbo training music1 year 5 weeks agoFoo fighters
And AC/DC always helps to lift the tempo!
Turbo training album anyone?! With the rest of the other rubbish in the charts we could have a Christmas no 1!
- Cancellara Hour Record bid on ice as UCI mulls rule changes1 year 5 weeks agodstuk wrote:Pretty certaindstuk wrote:
Pretty certain Tony Martin rides a Specialized...
yeah, my bad
- Attempting my first bike build - Advice please!1 year 5 weeks agoGet the LBS to fit the
Get the LBS to fit the headset and face the BB shell.
Have a spare pack of cables in case you make a mistake cutting. They will keep if you don't have to use them. Measure twice and cut once.
Take the opportunity to fit a new chain (also measure twice and cut once), maybe a new cassette, new brake blocks.
Don't expect to get it all right the first time. The new frame might have some bit missing like a BB cable guide and your old bikes one won't fit. Just relax, order the bit and wait.
Get some of those frame protector patches if they are not included with the frame. They prevent rubbing from cables.
- Cancellara Hour Record bid on ice as UCI mulls rule changes1 year 5 weeks agoPretty certain Tony Martin
Pretty certain Tony Martin rides a Specialized...
- Miche Cassette - where to find1 year 5 weeks agoDon't remember exactly off
Don't remember exactly off hand - 3/4 quid per sprocket rings a bell - I only needed a couple to modify the cassette I already had.
Miche's own price list (in euros) is here ...
I assume this is the cost to the distributors, rather than retail as they don't sell direct.
I'm pretty sure I ordered from plan Z which, I think was a part of Condor cycles but the name Peter Cole rings a bell so maybe they've spun it off to one of the others - Zetta Distribution seems like a similar name.
- Winners Thread1 year 5 weeks agoalready claimed the prize -
already claimed the prize - just concerned it's going to go to an old address if it doesn't get dispatched soon
- Aptonia ISO+ Isotonic Sport Drink1 year 5 weeks agoHere's the ingredient list:
Here's the ingredient list:
Glucose-fructose syrup, liquid sugar, water, acidifiers: E330 and E331 (iii), maltodextrin, sodium chloride, dextrose, vitamins B1, B2, B6, natural flavour, preservative: E202, colouring agent: E110.
They're asking £7.99 basically for syrup, sugar, citric acid (E331), maltodextrin, and dextrose. You can buy 650 g - hell even kilogrammes - of *each* of these ingredients for £7.99 *all together* elsewhere. Never mind the water...
Anyone paying £12 per kilogramme for these energy powders/syrups needs to read the ingredients list, then look in the shops or online at how much they cost individually and learn just how badly they're being fleeced.
Buy the ingredients and mix them yourself, for about 1/5th to 1/10th of the price!
Hell, one to four tea-spoons of honey or syrup (to taste), a shot of super-market own label fruit-concentrate, a pinch of salt (ideally the sodium/potassium mix "Lo-Salt" stuff), and half a tea-spoon to two of sodium bicarbonate (depending on how much you sweat and tolerance) in a large water bottle will work fine!
You can also buy citric acid from some super-markets - add just over half a tea-spoon for every tea-spoon of sodium bicarbonate, and it will make sodium citrate (note: if you also use citrus fruit concentrates, you'll nee to allow for the citric acid in those and want to reduce the amount of citric acid powder you put in, of course).
- Police go door-to-door in hunt for New Forest sportive saboteurs1 year 5 weeks agoThere'll be hammering the
There'll be hammering the overtime looking for the nefarious ne'er do wells.
- Cancellara Hour Record bid on ice as UCI mulls rule changes1 year 5 weeks agoI genuinely scoured the
I genuinely scoured the article for new evidence of ice being a super low-resistance performance material.
I am thick and tired.
- Police go door-to-door in hunt for New Forest sportive saboteurs1 year 5 weeks agoThe Police need to get to the
The Police need to get to the point and use the right tacktics to pin the blame on the offender, after all its a pointless exercise if they dont nail the offenders.
- Video: Lance Armstrong shows you how to change an inner tube1 year 5 weeks agoWhy isn't he changing a flat
Why isn't he changing a flat on the Enve rims that are fitted to his Parlee?
- Attempting my first bike build - Advice please!1 year 5 weeks agoAnother +1 for cable cutters
Another +1 for cable cutters - I've got a pair of these, available locally to most people, they've done a great job cutting cable outers and inners and always snip cleanly http://www.screwfix.com/p/cable-cutters-150mm-6/27403 Much cheaper than the bike-specific cable cutters you can buy.
Youtube is your friend, whenever you come across something you don't know how to do - Youtube it.
The other thing is to get the right greases, mostly the correct anti-seize for bottom brackets and carbon paste for any carbon bits - seatposts are the main one, a mate of mine is currently dealing with a broken seatpost clamp and the post is stuck in the frame!
Also, don't rush it, that's when mistakes happen, take your time and do the old measure twice, cut once!
- Winners Thread1 year 5 weeks agoI just had a notification on
I just had a notification on the Fantasy Cycling Game "you have won a prize, click here to claim it". The I filled out my details. You may need to do that.
I won two prizes yet the form data was saved.
- Cancellara Hour Record bid on ice as UCI mulls rule changes1 year 5 weeks agoPersonally, I'd like to see
Personally, I'd like to see three hour records.
An "athlete's hour", using a standard bike built by the UCI (to avoid all this special development silliness), a "Romminger hour" (which is most likely to attract attempts) and an "open hour" (where they can use a recumbent with an enclosed fairing).
- Police go door-to-door in hunt for New Forest sportive saboteurs1 year 5 weeks agoLeodis wrote:I wonder whoLeodis wrote:
I wonder who they will pin this on...
Whoever he or she is. They'll needle a good lawyer.
I'll get my coat.....
- Genesis Volare Team 953 road bike1 year 5 weeks agoAlb wrote:
(e.g. a fewAlb wrote:
(e.g. a few Campag-equipped bikes in next years' range as we think their classic styled alloy groupsets will be a nice match for some of our steel-framed models).
Oooo Pretty Genesis frame w/ Campagnolo gruppo == Win!
Make it so!
In fact, please have one of those come with TRP HyRd disc brakes. I'm starting to save up right now.
- Winners Thread1 year 5 weeks agoI won a buff at Tirreno.
I won a buff at Tirreno. When will the prizes be sent out please? Moving soon so may need to provide a new address if it'll be more than 1 week from now...
- Attempting my first bike build - Advice please!1 year 5 weeks agotherevokid wrote:
That bike is a thing of beauty
- Attempting my first bike build - Advice please!1 year 5 weeks agoScoob_84 wrote:+1 for decentScoob_84 wrote:
+1 for decent cable cutters
Was previously using what I thought were good snips, but the difference to a decent cable cutter that a mate bought is like night and day really.
- Attempting my first bike build - Advice please!1 year 5 weeks ago+1 for decent cable cutters
+1 for decent cable cutters
- Attempting my first bike build - Advice please!1 year 5 weeks agoSome good advice above.
Some good advice above.
I've only recently completed building up a Kinesis T2 frame. Apart from feckling with gears, I had no experience building bikes but found it fairly straight forward. The knowledge and confidence you gain is invaluable, and you should be able to fix most stuff yourself in future.
I also found the Ribble to be the cheapest website for components, but don't be afraid to shop around.
- Cancellara Hour Record bid on ice as UCI mulls rule changes1 year 5 weeks agoSo Trek prepare for the old
So Trek prepare for the old 1972 style record by spending lots of time an money preparing a special bike - that sort of defeats the basic premise of the athlete's hour doesn't it.
If only these guys would ride a competitive hour record attempt series using bikes that were identical other than fit, saddle and pedals - then we'd see who really was the fastest.
It may be old fashioned but it seems to work in Japan for Kierin racing.
- Turbo training music1 year 5 weeks agoSounds like some fun, here
Sounds like some fun, here are a few from me:
- Police go door-to-door in hunt for New Forest sportive saboteurs1 year 5 weeks agoWe know there's not a great
We know there's not a great hope of finding those responsible this time, but good to see the Police making an effort.
Though I suspect they're more annoyed about someone taking the law (their idea of it...) into their own hands. That will often piss the Police off much more than the specific offence itself.