- Perhaps one of the worst cases of driver abuse I've seen1 year 24 weeks agoMy point was that i'm sure we
My point was that i'm sure we have all encountered nutters on the road at some point and because i am not Jason Bourne and frankly because i cant be bothered i mainly just let dickheads get on with their life being a dickhead and dont give the them the satisfaction of 'fronting' them.
They may win what they consider a small victory in an instance but in the game of life i get to win.
- Transfers for 2013 (World and Pro Continental Tours)1 year 24 weeks agoCheers Gkam, cracking work
Cheers Gkam, cracking work
- 20mpg zones "are a waste of money"1 year 24 weeks agoLaws to enforce 20mph will be
Laws to enforce 20mph will be about as useful as the laws regarding mobile phones whilst driving.
- 20mpg zones "are a waste of money"1 year 24 weeks agohttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p
"20 mph zones are effective measures for reducing road injuries with no evidence of casualty migration to nearby roads"
please post any conflicting studies here if you find them
- Petition: For Pat McQuaid to resign & UCI Cleaned Up1 year 24 weeks agoYour tiny.url is
Your tiny.url is misspelled.
Oh, and this is completely pointless.
- 20mpg zones "are a waste of money"1 year 24 weeks ago.
- Cinelli 2013: Laser Viva (like the original but carbon… with gears) + The Very Best Of & more1 year 24 weeks agodrool .... the supercorsa ...
drool .... the supercorsa ... where can I sell a couple
of kidneys and a soul ????
- Most drivers support much higher penalties for driving offences1 year 24 weeks agoIn other news; 8 out of 10
In other news; 8 out of 10 drivers surveyed rated their driving ability as "Above Average"...
Everyone's in favour of bigger fines for all the other dangerous drivers but it suddenly becomes unfair once they are on the receiving of one.
- Just in: Genesis Equilibrium Ti1 year 24 weeks agoInteresting stuff,
Interesting stuff, charlierevell - thanks for that. Sorry to hear about you getting knocked off and even sorrier to hear about the Orbea Orca.
- 20mpg zones "are a waste of money"1 year 24 weeks agoMiles per gallon zones? Had
Miles per gallon zones? Had to chuckle at that typo in your title!
- Next year's Giro d'Italia features stage finish on the Col du Galibier (+ video)1 year 24 weeks agoIf they put in a trip into
If they put in a trip into France on a famous climb then hopefully the TdF organisers will repay them with a Grande Departe in the near future.
- Team Sky. A force for evil ??1 year 24 weeks agoI don’t think Sky do
I don’t think Sky do dominate? They did dominate the tour and a few week long stage races in the lead up. They have built a strong gc team mainly from taking on a couple of fallen stars and getting them back to their best. But Liquigas dominated the Giro, no-one dominated the Vuelta but Saxo were defo stronger than Sky. In the TOB Sky always disappoint, and that’s a small race no-one else really cares about!
Cav has nicked a few victories but Greipel and Kittel have probably been more dominant.
Sky have no monuments to their name, Omega Pharma dominated the classics.
Its reckon partially because we live in the UK it seems like its all about Sky, like in the worlds TTT Eurosport banging on about Sky being a favourite then they were poor. I bet if we watched Dutch TV they would be talking about how Rabobank would be a force!
- Transfers for 2013 (World and Pro Continental Tours)1 year 24 weeks agoCracking job mate, well done.
Cracking job mate, well done.
- Most drivers support much higher penalties for driving offences1 year 24 weeks agoAny chance of some
Any chance of some enforcement?
- Most drivers support much higher penalties for driving offences1 year 24 weeks agoI'm not against higher fines
I'm not against higher fines per se, but you reach a point where people simply can't pay and you have to chase them/bring in baliffs and it gets to the point where actually trying to enforce the fine costs more than the fine.
There's the other issue of who is actually enforcing it in the first place. Judging from the number of motorists I regularly see jumping lights, talking/texting on phones there isn't anyone there to catch them in the first place - never mind how high the fine is!
- Team Sky. A force for evil ??1 year 24 weeks agoMostyn, personally i think
Mostyn, personally i think the Sky team could have won the race. You saw on one stage where they blew everyone away and no one could live with the pace they set.
I'm sure, had they wanted to, they could have done the same on a few other stages with the likes of Euskaltel and Liquigas helping, but what would have been the point ? it would'nt have proved anything and the semi pros would be less than happy.
As it was they did their bit and won a couple of stages and the fans got to see Wiggo and Cav in his rainbow stripes.
- Just in: Genesis Equilibrium Ti1 year 24 weeks agoWell I've already got
Well I've already got mine..... went for Frame and Fork which is now built up with Ultegra throughout and R650 brakes. Ordered the frame a few weeks ago and it arrived on Wednesday, meant to be my new winter bike, however I got knocked off my Orbea Orca last week by a car which has written it off.
So in the meantime this will be my only steed, and after a quick hour on it last night its bloody amazing! Handles nicely, takes out almost all road buzz (running it on my R Sys SLR's until winter wheels arrive, which are rather stiff)
It doesnt feel any slower than the orca, or much heavier to be honest! So putting that XX44 headtube in makes sense, ill be racing it - circuits and road, doing some sportives and most of my training on it so why not make it stiffer and a little different.
Have to say, the rear end looks amazing in the flesh, its like a ti cervelo...
- Team Sky. A force for evil ??1 year 24 weeks agojamjam wrote:the thing Ijamjam wrote:
the thing I don't like about them is the way they have to be the best at little things, like making sure they have the biggest most expensive team bus at the Tour. It makes them come across as quite arrogant and self important in my opinion.
Yeah, they should turn up in a beaten-up battle bus with peeling graphics.
Somehow I don't think DB or anyone else there is having a dick-swinging contest over the size of the bus.
- Most drivers support much higher penalties for driving offences1 year 24 weeks ago"fixed penalty fines for
"fixed penalty fines for traffic offences to around £1,000" - god yes, if it saves lives of course it should be this much and much more imo, talking on mobiles whilst driving should be five times that.
- Most drivers support much higher penalties for driving offences1 year 24 weeks agoAll good, and I specifically
All good, and I specifically agree with Old Ridgeback's final comment...
But how much coverage is this survey getting in the tabloids, which love to bleat about the "war on the motorist"?
- Just in: Genesis Equilibrium Ti1 year 24 weeks agohandlebarcam wrote:I've gothandlebarcam wrote:
I've got both an original Equilibrium and a titanium "best" bike. But even if I lost one or both of those, I wouldn't buy this. That gimmicky head tube ruins it for me. Maybe if you were a top professional, and it was a bike you'd be pushing to its limits in race conditions, the extra stiffness might just be noticeable, if hardly a race-winner. But this isn't a race bike. So why lumber its prospective owners with a fork that would be very difficult and expensive to replace if crashed? Why force people to buy the fork with the frame - the original Equilibrium didn't. The answer is obvious: they added this feature to help justify the high price. You can get a Lynskey Sportive for several hundred pounds less, and fit a 1 1/8" fork for about 100 quid. Spa Cycles do a titanium audax bike that is 650 pounds cheaper which, although a bit rough around the edges, would be fine for many of the same use cases. But that's the bike industry for you, where you can push your products upmarket by simply increasing the diameter of a few tubes.
A frame with a 1" threaded HT would be even cheaper handlebarcam! Yesterday's technology >>>>>>>>>
- Cinelli 2013: Laser Viva (like the original but carbon… with gears) + The Very Best Of & more1 year 24 weeks agoCinelli XCR is a thing of
Cinelli XCR is a thing of beauty. I've moved from WANTING it, to NEEDING it. Now to find the £££ by selling off the kids.
- Just in: Genesis Equilibrium Ti1 year 24 weeks agoit's just a tapered fork,
it's just a tapered fork, it's not as if they've come up with their own proprietary standard. there's plenty of them around and many carbon bikes spec them now so they're only going to get more common, and cheaper.
Bike development's about incremental gains. Dom at Genesis has been speccing the XX44 headset standard on a number of bikes, not just this one, because he believes it's an improvement over an inch eighth one. It's just a bigger diameter tube, I doubt it adds a great deal to the price.
The EqTi is £200 more, list price, than the Lynskey without a fork. so they're more or less comparable in terms of price. I've not ridden the Lynskey but I know people who have who reckon it's a super frame. The Spa Audax gets a fair amount of love too. It's plain gauge rather than double butted titanium, which is a lot cheaper to produce and heavier.
- Team Sky. A force for evil ??1 year 24 weeks agoSimon E wrote:All the SkySimon E wrote:
All the Sky haters should just group together and put £5 each to an underfunded, poorly run Pro-Continental team of middling riders led by a blinkered, old skool DS/manager. They won't have to worry about their proud 'rooting for the underdog' position getting corrupted by the riders or the team being seen as arrogant, overly ambitious in their goals, having a big team bus or, god forbid, anybody actually winning a race.
(not that I'm against underdogs; far from it!)
Ha ha, Sky seem to sitting on thir Laurals! Tour of Britain springs to mind. What a sky fiasco.
I was one of sky's supporters for the TOB and predicted a Sky Team win plus jersey's. What a let down.
- Jens Voigt stops off at Trek Store Coventry next week1 year 24 weeks agoSurely her present should be
Surely her present should be to meet Jens??