- TOB Stage 71 year 24 weeks agoI put in Samuel Sanchez for
I put in Samuel Sanchez for Sep VanMarcke this morning thinking that he and Urtasun might team up and go away.
- Injury rate for postmen on bikes increases as bike fleet reduced1 year 24 weeks agoseen a couple of firms
seen a couple of firms delivering mail by cycle in London. Almost been mown down by postie in van - is the royal mail collecting these stats?
- Injury rate for postmen on bikes increases as bike fleet reduced1 year 24 weeks ago"PostMEN"? Shame on you.
"PostMEN"? Shame on you.
- London to trial eye-level traffic lights designed to save cyclists' lives1 year 24 weeks agomost traffic lights in France
most traffic lights in France seem to have eye level lights - think they are actually for car drivers as they tend not to have the ones across the junction.
These are a good idea but the ASL boxes in London fill up with vans. taxis, bikes and scooters; for this to work there will need to be enforcement. It has been done in Edinburgh but someone will have to explain the law to London Police before these are introduced (and organize a press campaign - so that if it is enforced effectively moaning lawbreakers do not start complaining that they are being treated as a "cash cow").
- TOB Stage 71 year 24 weeks agoi dropped Coppel for
i dropped Coppel for Caruso!
10 man break over 4 mins including SS and Urtasun!
- [SOLD] Rido R-Lt saddle (black, excellent condition)1 year 24 weeks agoThank you!
Just bought this
Just bought this on ebay.
Really good of you to flag it up on road.cc - i wouldn't have known / bid otherwise.
I have an ebay saved search running for Rido saddles, as I have 2 of the standard Rido Mk1's, and love them. But lately I've stopped checking the emails from it for some reason. Probably because I really wanted a Rido-Lt, and the ones on Ebay are mostly Mk 1's or 2's.
- Silence in the peloton: Myles McCorry calls for a bit of peace and quiet1 year 24 weeks agoTry to get through your
Try to get through your working day without talking.........You'll go gaga.
As nice as it seems, these guys are at work and nobody does "flat out" at work all of the time...How many times do you have a deadline to meet and concentrate all of the effort into the last few hours?
- UCI Road World Championships1 year 24 weeks agoI did my team and completely
I did my team and completely forgot about Sagan
Im going with no Martin for the ITT, so maybe I will go with no Sagan for the road race
- 2012 Worlds1 year 24 weeks agoJust did a trial of my
Just did a trial of my prospected stars to see how many credits i would have left for DS's, thought I had it sorted....however I completely forgot about Sagan
- TOB Stage 71 year 24 weeks agoSomeone tell me why i took
Someone tell me why i took urtasun out??
Hass (for Vanmarcke)
Huzarski (for Urtasun )
- Police investigate cyclist hit by car on closed-road Etape Cymru1 year 24 weeks agoHoping the victime rcovers
Hoping the victime rcovers soon, but doesn't sound too good.
Another £40 fine and three points?
- Police investigate cyclist hit by car on closed-road Etape Cymru1 year 24 weeks agoHoping the victim has a quick
Hoping the victim has a quick recovery, but doesn't sound too good.
Another £40 fine and three points?
- Round aero helmets, black Casco?1 year 24 weeks agoSorry the Giro Air Attack
Sorry the Giro Air Attack looks like a squashed bug, or like someones old 80's helmet the shell has come off but they still ride it in just the polystyrene.
- TOB Stage 71 year 24 weeks agoKoM 1:
3. De Maar
- Eurobike 2012: Titanium bike round-up - Salsa, Nevi, Van Nicholas, Paduano, Genesis & more1 year 24 weeks agoThe uncharacteristic spelling
The uncharacteristic spelling mistakes and missed key strokes indicate that the Ti bikes on show were indeed drool-worthy! A bit like gibbering when speaking to a beautiful girl....
- TOB Stage 71 year 24 weeks agoSprint 1:
3. Van Poppel
- TOB Stage 71 year 24 weeks ago6th on stage to go 35th on
6th on stage to go 35th on the ToB.
More importantly 53rd premium overall so just 3 places to find for my stated aim of top 50.
I'll be gutted if Samu goes well as I was going to bring him in for Coppel
- 'bar width sizes1 year 24 weeks ago.
- Three-quarters of driving instructors think cycle awareness should be part of driving test1 year 24 weeks agoWell, isn't this a step in
Well, isn't this a step in the right direction; and I truly believe that public awareness of the safety issues on our roads, should be at the forefront of all motoring organisations, specifically the safety of pedestrians and cyclists.
- Flipping the Bird - Aussie website's one fingered attempt to stop angry birds attacking cyclists (+ video)1 year 24 weeks agoI've been dive-bombed too and
I've been dive-bombed too and found it unamusing.
It was suggested tie-wraps through the helmet, with loose ends extending vertically, is a solution.
- Round aero helmets, black Casco?1 year 24 weeks agoAir attack obvs.
Or you could
Air attack obvs.
Or you could do what I did and clingfilm over all the holes.
- Fixed gear advice1 year 24 weeks agoUse double sided pedals I
Use double sided pedals I would.
Flicking SLs around without being able to freewheel is a bitch.
Or learn to trackstand like a hipstah.
- Rapha release long sleeve Country Jerseys1 year 24 weeks agoEach to their own I
Each to their own I guess...
Rapha are VERY, VERY GOOD at marketing, I think the head guy comes from a Branding background, they know their onions .. but the ddomsayers should realise that they do put an awful lot back into cycling and British cycling in particular..
I never pay full price for Rapha as I simply cannae justify that expense.
What I will say though as someone who owns quite a few pieces (Long Sleeve Jersey, Short Sleeve Jersey, Knee Warmers, Cap, Gilet, 2 pairs Touring Shorts, 1 pair 3/4 Fixed shorts, Essentials Wallet, Socks - Jesus, I just realised I sound like a fanboy now ...) is that most of it is VERY GOOD quality, I'd question how on earth they justify the Gilet price though TBH. Most of that was purchased for around a 1/3rd or retail price at Sample Sales.
The Touring Shorts are lovely and my LS Jersey (picked up at Sample Sale in Manny for just £35) is pure quality.
Seriously, comparing ALDI/LIDL kit (I have a LIDL gilet which is quite nice actually) is ridiculous ... It's chalk and cheese.
For anyone who balks at the price, get thee to a sample sale, you will pick up some REAL bargains.
I've said it before as well, TORM make some very good quality Sportswool jerseys, I have their stuff also, I'd recommend it to anyone.
As others have said, I have other kit too, but am very happy with my Rapha gear, buy what you like, buy what you can afford..
PS - I don't work for them ... although if they have jobs for unemployable Graphic Designers I'd be more than happy to ..
- Cyclist Magazine - Opinions..1 year 24 weeks agoWhite ink eh ...
Back of the
White ink eh ...
Back of the Repro class for you Sir ...
- Giant Twist Express W1 year 24 weeks agoWell, I'd like to hope I
Well, I'd like to hope I could talk my wife into trying one out. Not been successful so far with the more expensive Trek range of similar type bikes but I live in hope.
If I could eek out 40 miles on a charge (sadly the last 3 miles includes a 400' climb) I might use one for work. A 1000 charges per battery would save me around £6,000 in fuel alone (£5.00/imp. gall & 33mpg).
Worthwhile options - fittings on the oter side of the rack for additional battery and good L.E.D.lights direct of the battery.