- Tour of California purists1 year 12 weeks agoYou haven't got a chance with
You haven't got a chance with Belgians. Thats sensible enough
- Six affordable* pro race bikes1 year 12 weeks agoon one hand, it's nice to see
on one hand, it's nice to see anything but the highest end, most expensive bikes discussed in an article here.
on the other, this is simply information about 2nd and 3rd tier bikes that anyone can get from an average cycling publication.
I'd much prefer an in depth review of the above bikes, and how they performed and handled on an epic ride of flanders, a queen Giro or Vuelta stage, or even the brutish Paris-Roubaix.
so many articles about spring classics bikes. But if i ever ride the route of P-R, it will be on my current bike, a tarmac pro, not a Roubaix, or Domane or modified cross bike.
I still love this website. Just my opinion.
- "Action hero" Ed Miliband rushes to help stricken Camden cyclist1 year 12 weeks agoThe Dutch prime minister Mark
The Dutch prime minister Mark Rutte also stopped to help at an accident involving a cyclist a few weeks ago. Unfortunately that was an older woman being struck by a truck, and she died
- Giro game - pick three Italians1 year 12 weeks agoWell, I guess whoever's got
Well, I guess whoever's got Paolini, Viviani and Visconti are kicking butt!
- Giro d'Italia Stage 6: Cavendish takes second stage win on day Wiggins' GC hopes nearly took a big blow1 year 12 weeks ago"However, the 40 or so riders
"However, the 40 or so riders up the road declined to benefit from their rivals' misfortune, the group coming back together ahead of the final kilometres and inevitable bunch sprint."
This is why I love cycling, a proper gentleman's sport.
- Giro D' Italia Roster1 year 12 weeks agoenrique wrote:Not that it'senrique wrote:
Not that it's relevant, but for some reason Tiziano Dall 'Antonia has a back-slash (\) in the middle of his last name in the game - "Tiziano Dall\'Antonia"
Not that it's relevant, but for some reason now Tiziano Dall 'Antonia has 3 (!) back-slashes (\) in the middle of his last name in the game - "Tiziano Dall\\\'Antonia"
- Road etiquette1 year 12 weeks agoAnd you think Audax doesn't
And you think Audax doesn't have rules ? They have exactly the same shorthand. Turn up on a Roberts or a Mercian with 28mm tyres, full mudguards, a Carradice saddle bag etc and you will be immediately recognised as someone who has consumed their fair share of peaches and rice pudding.
How do you tell an extroverted audaxer... he looks at YOUR shoes when he's talking to you.
And just to be clear, in case you had a bit of trouble understanding, there are rules with a small 'r' which are the general expectations of a group, and what the OP was asking about.
The sort of examples I gave were just rules about riding in groups, but maybe you don't do a lot of that if the only thing you care about is the highway code. I would offer to show you but I doubt I could keep up, because I just pose my way through 8,000 miles a year.
As for your idea about who created The Rules, you are so far off the mark. The guys behind it are neither young nor idle and they have a genuine passion for cycling and riding. If you take it all seriously then the joke is on you.
- Wheel set upgrade help!1 year 12 weeks agoThanks for the advice, I am
Thanks for the advice, I am keen to upgrade so like the idea of getting some decent rims laced to the existing hub set. There is a good local bike shop near to me so I will call by and see what they recommend.
- Insurance1 year 12 weeks agoI'm assuming that is £160 per
I'm assuming that is £160 per year? Do you have to pay in a lump sum or can you pay monthly with them?
Have you ever made a claim?
- Tech Roundup: Rapha, Wiggo, Lightweight, Tokyo Fixed, SIS and more1 year 12 weeks agoTo try and clear up this O
To try and clear up this O ring thing.
He's running the 11 speed system that O rings aren't compatible with at the moment, nothing to do with the branding or anything like that.
I'm sure he'll be back on them soon. Maybe even Saturday
- Questions and Comments1 year 12 weeks agoUnlucky today enrique....
Unlucky today enrique....
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 61 year 12 weeks agoFinally
178 points ,
178 points , 12,3,4,5 plus mountain and young rider means I move up 18 places ....
Now to take some penalty points for the next two stages (again)
- Giro d'Italia - Stage 51 year 12 weeks agoOops
- Have you wasted money on super light new wheels?1 year 12 weeks agoI'll give you £40 for your
I'll give you £40 for your unbranded wheels then, if they are as good as £800 carbon Mavics!
- Dawes Super Galaxy1 year 12 weeks agoIf you want discs, have a
If you want discs, have a look at this Roux they have just reviewed. It has them and its half the price????
- Questions and Comments1 year 12 weeks agoobutterwick wrote:... There'sobutterwick wrote:
... There's one solution. Ditch the Bianchi-esque prizes and offer cycle clips, valve caps, the odd roll of bar tape etc. Any takers?...
I'd keep playing! At least during the Grand Tours!... I love this game, with all its emotional ups and downs!obutterwick wrote:
... Do you wear your pants on the inside?
I'm probably too old to get this... ???STEVESPRO 79 wrote:
... If I won a Bianchi.....I would probably donate it to enrique, so that he could ride off into the sunset and never be seen or heard of again....
And I would take it! ... And start a new thread to thank you!ray silvester wrote:
I'd donate it to MTN-Qhubeka....Great team and Great charity(and it's easy to be charitable when your sitting 288th in the Giro 140pts behind!!).
Heh heh! Good one!
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 61 year 12 weeks agorcorbinrcorbin wrote:
Hmm will that be enough for a win?
No, but enrique has just about pulled it off!
- Have you wasted money on super light new wheels?1 year 12 weeks agoMy current are 2200g so
My current are 2200g so around a 500g difference between them and my mavics
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 61 year 12 weeks ago1,2,4,5,8,13,17
Hmm will that
Hmm will that be enough for a win?
- -1 year 12 weeks agowhilst some may think that
whilst some may think that disc brakes have no purpose in a modern road bike, I disagree. They should be there.
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 61 year 12 weeks ago1,2,5,8,12,17 + Paolini &
1,2,5,8,12,17 + Paolini & Nibali
Very happy with that after a few very bad scores. Also have 4 transfers saved up for tomorrow or the TT. Hopefully I can move up the rankings a bit in the next few stages.
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 61 year 12 weeks agojohnny2names wrote:just 2johnny2names wrote:
just 2 changes for me today, had enough unrewarded penalty points for now!
Think may regret not having viviani, and maybe ferrari, nizzolo, gavazzi, but you can have everyone.....
I'm on Cav today at 4/5, massive gamble not having him in the squad today i feel
If only I'd gone Viviani instead of JD
Still, some order restored one feels, after these low score days. now for more headaches....
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 61 year 12 weeks ago1,2,4,5,12 plus all the top 5
1,2,4,5,12 plus all the top 5 in the points comp plus Paolini and Santambrogio GC plus Viviani and Cavendish in the intermediate sprints and Viviani taking the combativity prize gives me, I think, about 170 today
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 61 year 12 weeks agoLanterne Rouge
Lastras Garcia (MOV)
- Giro d'Italia Stage 6: Cavendish takes second stage win on day Wiggins' GC hopes nearly took a big blow1 year 12 weeks agoTrue, Jam Dog... though you
True, Jam Dog... though you feel if he's going to win this race, he needs to gain big time on rivals in Saturday's ITT, rather than use it to claw back time lost, which is what he risked happening today.