- Road Safety Minister says GB's roads safer for cyclists than those in Netherlands (+ videos)1 year 32 weeks agoI imagine chuckles and raised
I imagine chuckles and raised eyebrows in various Dutch government offices, plus comments along the lines of "oh those f**king clueless British idiots" (in Dutch, that is)..
- Tour de Romandie Scores1 year 32 weeks agoRight todays
Right todays points
TERatcliffe26 - 116
Thefatcyclist - 83
Chrisdstripes - 68
Lucas - 95
Wig_Billy - 74
Macauley Ley - 82
JAndrewHill - 73
Gkam84 - 23
bubby016 - 61
Veseunr - 92
The Terrible Tourists - 122
Debarrio - 56
Montana Carrot - 57
Livestrongnick - 103
Stevespro79 - 83
Nickobec - 57
Drheaton - 31
Alan Tullett - 87
Frankiejay - 114
Carl Simpson - 81
Great score by The Terrible Tourists, in general much better scoring today
and the overall
TERatcliffe26 - 185
Thefatcyclist - 103
Chrisdstripes - 108
Lucas - 122
Wig_Billy - 120
Macauley Ley - 141
JAndrewHill - 166
Gkam84 - 49
bubby016 - 76
Veseunr - 111
The Terrible Tourists - 172
Debarrio - 88
Montana Carrot - 57
Livestrongnick - 155
Stevespro79 - 102
Nickobec - 106
Drheaton - 32
Alan Tullett - 112
Frankiejay - 132
Carl Simpson - 96
Somehow I have managed to achieve a narrow lead thanks to all my stars scoring solidly (Wiggins, Mollema, Hesjedal and Rogers) and then Westra to top it off.
Big winners of course were Wiggins and Westra. No one rider swept up the mountains/sprint points, so no massive scores there for anyone, solid points between 5-20 for most. Gkam and Chrisdstripes have a great pick so far with Clement (shame Gkam didnt pick up Wiggins or Westra.) For todays stage Tiralongo in 3rd and Paterski in 5th were unpicked, apart from that no other big scorers.
- Tour de Romandie1 year 32 weeks agoYeh was a good sprint.
Yeh was a good sprint.
Yep we are playing young rider
Just about to put the points up in the other thread
- Cycle hub planned for Manchester office block with parking spaces for 200 bikes1 year 32 weeks agoGreat stuff. This is across
Great stuff. This is across the road from my office and those of us who use the current facilities from the landlord were asked to do a questionnaire on this last year, thought it was a great idea but had died a death.
Bruntwood do things to a pretty good spec so of anyone can get this off the ground they can, although it'll have been appraised as being a cash generator before investing and if the council are chipping in all the better.
- Who introduced you?1 year 32 weeks agoI saw the reciprocal ad link
I saw the reciprocal ad link on Singletrack's website. I thought that a website with a similar outlook but that was road-specific sounded just the ticket.
- Leicester bus driver may face disciplinary proceedings after cutting up cyclist (+ video)1 year 32 weeks agoI cycle around leicester
I cycle around leicester everyday and have never had any problems,usually the buses give you lots of space.Leicester is very cycle friendly,lots of cycle networks and they fix the potholes very quickly if you report them.We have very active cycle clubs as well as a critical mass group.I think you will always get one off incidents but i never feel unsafe around the city.I love cycling in leicester and you can ride out to north west leicestershire in about ten mins to ride on the roads used in the 1970 world road race championship.It just gives you a real buzz training on the roads used by the legends of the sport.
- Leicester bus driver may face disciplinary proceedings after cutting up cyclist (+ video)1 year 32 weeks agoAll good points Ticktock,
All good points Ticktock, that's us all suitably chastised. It's likely the rider wasn't wearing hi viz either, so of course it was all his fault.
- Road Safety Minister says GB's roads safer for cyclists than those in Netherlands (+ videos)1 year 32 weeks agoG-bitch wrote:You expect anyG-bitch wrote:
You expect any different from a Tory government?
The last lot were just as bad. I remember signing a petition on epetitions.direct.gov.uk demanding a minimum safe overtaking distance (1m if I recall correctly). I received an email from the then Labour representative claiming that the matter of overtaking distance was dealt with sufficiently in the Highway Code and so no further legislation was necessary.
Anyone who has ever complained to the Police about excessively close overtakes will know full well just out of touch with reality that claim by the Labour idiot really is.
Clearly the Tories are just as adept at denying the problems that exist on our roads with respect to motorist-cyclist relations. I've no doubt that they will, as all politicians do, attempt to talk as much possible about it whilst doing as little as possible.
Exasperating isn't the word.
- Who introduced you?1 year 32 weeks agoraleigh invited me. he's
raleigh invited me. he's quite average but the site is good.
- Who introduced you?1 year 32 weeks agoTwitter is responsible
Twitter is responsible
- Tour de Romandie1 year 32 weeks agoGreat sprint by Wiggins,
Great sprint by Wiggins, couldn't believe it when I saw it; shows what time bonuses can do.
Ist and 4th and Talansky is doing ok as well. Top young rider and 5th in GC. Got a couple just outside the top 10 but tomorrow is a bit of an uphill finish so there'll be some changes. Thought about Westra but thought he was a bit knackered as well.
We are playing young rider, aren't we?
- Who introduced you?1 year 32 weeks agoI introduced myself one day a
I introduced myself one day a while back and have slowly made myself a permanent fixture with my tips in the fantasy game
- Leicester bus driver may face disciplinary proceedings after cutting up cyclist (+ video)1 year 32 weeks agoAnother cyclist throws
Another cyclist throws themselves onto the most congested spaces in the world and expects sympathy.
Having undergone extensive training, its highly unlikely this is the bus driver's fault. We're told the cyclist is a 'student', but I'd suggest its more likely to be a granny wobbling about avoiding potholes on her maiden voyage into the abyss.
The fact is, the bus driver probably didn't see him/her.
Clearly, the footage shows he (the driver) is extremely cautious, caring and alert.
Given the above, and the fact the bus company pays extortionate amounts in road tax for their buses to be on the road (whereas the cyclist pays nothing) I can't see what disciplinary action is required.
Just as well the company doesn't say anything about disciplinary action, just that the driver will be 'dealt with appropriately... through company procedure'.
So that's 'Driver of the month' awarded then.
- Shand launch production frames1 year 32 weeks agoV nice.......but v expensive
V nice.......but v expensive for frame only
- FS: Brand New Dura-Ace/105 Shimano TT Groupset1 year 32 weeks agoyou still after a TT set
you still after a TT set up?
- mixed use pathways and pedestrians1 year 32 weeks agoI prefer bells and have used
I prefer bells and have used them to good effect and everyone seems appreciative even with positive comments.
They are also suprisingly good even with some dodgy looking hoodies as its hard to get aggressive with a twee little ding-ding sound.
- Bike Porn: Lightweight Obermayer Gold wheels1 year 32 weeks agoPlease tell us you have a
Please tell us you have a schwag for a set of these, as I want a set so much
- Road Safety Minister says GB's roads safer for cyclists than those in Netherlands (+ videos)1 year 32 weeks agoWith the price of fuel i
With the price of fuel i think cycling will be more popular very soon.That said i think the tories will not be too interested while driving their Bentleys.As for the minister saying Briton is safer than Holland for cycling why do the people of this country give office to such ill informed fools.£10 pound a gallon will be the time things change.
- Who introduced you?1 year 32 weeks agoawesome site, thanks Raleigh
awesome site, thanks Raleigh you're bare safe
- Facebook by Instagram (and a bit about road.cc)1 year 32 weeks agoYou wait, by the end Of the
You wait, by the end Of the night, I'll have wrapped this up.
As a self regulated kind of guy, I think that until you get 5 people to accredit you for joining, you don't qualify for the socks, wipes and mug.
- Valve dust caps1 year 32 weeks agozzgavin wrote:Raleighzzgavin wrote:Raleigh wrote:
Matching bidons: A MUST.
I've never managed to acquire a matching pair, then I broke the matching elite bottle cage and the 2012 black one looks different to the 2011 one, so I impulse bought a white one for my B&W caad 10. It does look a bit off, but I'll cope
Just train on the turbo until you get a pair, yeah!
- Who introduced you?1 year 32 weeks agoraleigh invited me, and he is
raleigh invited me, and he is a top lad for doing it since i luv it.
- Garmin Edge 800 GPS computer (Performance and Navigation bundle)1 year 32 weeks agoCant fault the unit but the
Cant fault the unit but the heart rate strap is poor quality.I think using strava with the Garmin is additive so be warned.That said i love it.It makes all rides competitive and if you are looking for speed well its the way to go
- Who introduced you?1 year 32 weeks agoI was thinking of finally
I was thinking of finally getting round to buying a road bike and spotted the link for this site on stw.
- Leicester bus driver may face disciplinary proceedings after cutting up cyclist (+ video)1 year 32 weeks agoI've been impressed with the
I've been impressed with the dog cam bullet wide, which probably sits between the two in terms of cost/capability