- Disc-braked road bike round-up starring: Colnago, Parlee, Eastway & more1 year 20 weeks agoI'm surprised Volagi bikes
I'm surprised Volagi bikes was not shown. Unlike some of these, they are available now, although, alas, no distributor in the UK.
- how do you motivate yourself to ride in rubbish weather?1 year 20 weeks agoF*** me Have you seen the
F*** me Have you seen the forecast for tomorrow (Sat) Where are the car keys.......
- Cambridge hospital turns bike shelter in to… smoking shelter1 year 20 weeks agoI would imagine that a
I would imagine that a smokers reduced circulatory capacity would lead to a lower tolerance of cold and wet weather conditions, which is why shelters are necessary for them!
- Paul Smith to design Rapha’s Team Sky kit?1 year 20 weeks agoThat's right, all the jerseys
That's right, all the jerseys were different, weren't they? How the hell did a first-year mountain bike event ever manage to swing a unique Paul Smith jersey for everyone who took part? Nuts!
Think it was just 250 jerseys, and it as an optional extra, from memory. Not to all entrants!
- Winterise your bike1 year 20 weeks agoI hear you.......
I just hate
I hear you.......
I just hate them, they are rubbish.
- Paul Smith to design Rapha’s Team Sky kit?1 year 20 weeks agoI spoke with somebody working
I spoke with somebody working on a trade stand at the the NEC Cycle Show this year who told me she had been working on the design of the Sky team kit for Rapha over the summer months.
Whilst she gave nothing specific away, and I didn't press too much to be honest, I got the distinct impression that the Sky team selected Rapha because they wanted to be seen to be promoting British business and that the Rapha Condor Sharp team kit was the template the new design would be based on. If so, I could see that Paul Smith may be more involved in designing a range of accessories and leisure wear as opposed to shirts and shorts.
I look forward to finding out on January 1st 2013.
- Cambridge hospital turns bike shelter in to… smoking shelter1 year 20 weeks agoThe key quote here is
The key quote here is "Smoking shelters are in place because they help to minimise the safety and health risks." To some management wonks, cycling is an optional and risky activity, while providing a place for smokers is a necessity, because it avoids risks such as passive smoking compensation claims if smokers light up in the workplace itself. I'm sure a lot of the former cycling sheds at Royal Mail establishments were likewise converted to smoking shelters, when management decided that postmen doing their rounds by bike, as they had been for a century, was suddenly a health and safety (and liability) risk.
- Just in: Books for Christmas1 year 20 weeks agoDon't forget 'The Srampagmano
Don't forget 'The Srampagmano Tales' is also available for Kindle/Kindle app here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009SKO6MG
Erm, merry xmas.
- Disc-braked road bike round-up starring: Colnago, Parlee, Eastway & more1 year 20 weeks agoIf hydraulics can be made to
If hydraulics can be made to use less watts, it won't matter how ugly they are - we'll all be using 'em
- Winterise your bike1 year 20 weeks agoMay also be worth looking at
May also be worth looking at some wet weather specific brake pads - bog standard pads can be terrible in the rain.
@Brummie.. £20 on Cruds or £500 on a bike? Really? They do fine.
- Paul Smith to design Rapha’s Team Sky kit?1 year 20 weeks agopaul smith's the rumour, not
paul smith's the rumour, not rapha
- Paul Smith to design Rapha’s Team Sky kit?1 year 20 weeks agohttp://www.rapha.cc/teamsky/
Don't think its much of a rumour, exactly..
- Winterise your bike1 year 20 weeks agoACF-50. Get some.
ACF-50. Get some.
- Winterise your bike1 year 20 weeks agoFrame pump?! FRAME PUMP?!?
Frame pump?! FRAME PUMP?!? Rule 30 http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/
- Dave Brailsford confirms Chris Froome for Tour de France, Wiggins to focus on Giro d'Italia1 year 20 weeks agoiamelectron wrote:JTL wasiamelectron wrote:
JTL was weighing in at something like 62kg over the summer. That's surely a good weight for a 5 foot 7 guy.
I reckon that's a bit heavy for a pro although perfect for a normal guy. I'm 5 foot 8 and 61kg and although I'm slim I'm not light enough for a pro and have been a little lighter in the past (59 is my min.). I'm about 10/11% fat and a pro must be nearer 5-8%, preferably at the lower end of that. He probably should be about 55/56kg maybe depending on other factors. Power/weight ratio is king in the mountains.
- Cambridge hospital turns bike shelter in to… smoking shelter1 year 20 weeks agoThe saddest thing that I ever
The saddest thing that I ever saw, was smokers outside the hospital doors .... (the Editors)
- Christmas gifts for discerning cyclists1 year 20 weeks agoI know its been out a while
I know its been out a while but iv just finised Rob Penn Its all about the Bike is a great read.
- Dave Brailsford confirms Chris Froome for Tour de France, Wiggins to focus on Giro d'Italia1 year 20 weeks agoGood for Sky and Wiggins. It
Good for Sky and Wiggins. It may help the general public realize that there are other grand tours apart from the TDF and that they are just as important in their own way. Maybe now we will get some real coverage on free UK TV of the Giro, Vuelta etc. I can't believe I just said something positive about Sky
- Just in: Books for Christmas1 year 20 weeks agoCycling Anthology is getting
Cycling Anthology is getting rave reviews everywhere, and the one that Andrew mention's above is meant to be a great read
- Winterise your bike1 year 20 weeks agoMudguards.
Quite how you can
Quite how you can recommend Crud Race Guards or indeed any Crud mud guards is beyond me.
I cannot understand why people bother with them. They are shockingly bad. Flimsy, ill fitting, crappy construction and worst of all they are made to be temporary.
In other words they're not built to last. They are shite.
You're better off spending £500 on a winter bike with proper guards that you can train on, commute on and pop to the shops on, in any weather without getting a wet arse. Oh and the guards will fit perfectly and not move a millimetre and rub on your tyres when the crappy attachments work loose like on a Crud !
- Dave Brailsford confirms Chris Froome for Tour de France, Wiggins to focus on Giro d'Italia1 year 20 weeks agoskys obsessed with losing
skys obsessed with losing weight - it didnt work for Cav this year as it slowed his sprint
- Christmas gifts for discerning cyclists1 year 20 weeks agoSimon_MacMichael wrote:FirstSimon_MacMichael wrote:
First thing I though when I saw those bar plugs was 'Nespresso'...
i thought exactly the same might have to get some
- Edinburgh tram lines "a fatality waiting to happen" due to danger posed to cyclists, says law firm1 year 20 weeks agoBear in mind that
Bear in mind that bumpy/uneven street surfaces inevitably wear faster and fail quicker and you'll realise that in Ediurgh, Princes St will only get worse.
There is a lot of buck passing within the council as to who is responsible. But the tram project has been a shocking waste of money, to no discernible effects and especially when cheaper options were available - specifically the old rail lines right across the city.
It's my home town and the tram fiasco is, frankly, embarassing.
Oh, and there is also the south Edinburgh freight rail line that could have easily been updated at low cost for passenger traffic. All it needed was a bit of extra switchgear, some signalling and some platforms for new stations. A tramline could probably have been run along that route also.
- Dave Brailsford confirms Chris Froome for Tour de France, Wiggins to focus on Giro d'Italia1 year 20 weeks agoIf John could lose 9kg, then
If John could lose 9kg, then we are all fat as beggary. Can't see it. Maybe they mean 9kgo from off season weight.
- Paul Smith to design Rapha’s Team Sky kit?1 year 20 weeks agoWell bugger it. I've never
Well bugger it. I've never bought a team shirt in my life BUT I am a Paul Smith fan and have a few bits of (sale priced) Rapha which is well made so put the two together and I'll have two please. Especially if there's stripes and an endangered species involved Tiger anyone?