- Driver charged with manslaughter after open car door leads to death of cyclist1 year 36 weeks agoRhysW wrote:InvoluntaryRhysW wrote:
Involuntary manslaughter is surley defined as somebody commiting an unlawful act which causes death.
That's right, and the unlawful act in this case was to violate section 105 of the The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986: "No person shall open, or cause or permit to be opened, any door of a vehicle on a road so as to injure or endanger any person."
- Tour of Qatar Stage 61 year 36 weeks agoOK 90 points. Not brilliant
OK 90 points. Not brilliant but not bad in the great scheme of things. Gained in the overall league and still in the top 500. Was half expecting to parachute half way down the league. Bring on Oman
- 2012 WorldTour bikes: who's riding what this season1 year 36 weeks agoI'm sure to offend a few fans
I'm sure to offend a few fans but the RadioShack-Nissan Trek bike looks blander than Andy Shleck! I hope they do something different for Fabian like last year as its visually very disapointing!
- What's the best looking bike in the WorldTour? Vote for one in our expertly drawn up shortlist or nominate your own1 year 36 weeks agoIt has to be the Euskaltel
It has to be the Euskaltel Euskadi Orbea Orca GDi2 for me but there are some very good looking bikes there
- 2012 WorldTour bikes: who's riding what this season1 year 36 weeks agoIs it just me who thinks the
Is it just me who thinks the Bianchi Celeste clashes horribly with the Navy / Yellow Vacansoleil kit?
- Chris Boardman - eBay1 year 36 weeks agoOK, but only if he does a
OK, but only if he does a fair pull on the front. I've heard he can be a bit of a wheelsucker.
- Tour of Qatar Stage 61 year 36 weeks ago111 points today, happy with
111 points today, happy with that.
For future races I'm really gonna have to learn how to play the TTT well, as it seems to be my undoing so far!
- Tech Roundup: Cyclo steel frames, Sigma Sport carbon, Endura, Lizard Skins, Rotor, Giant, BioLogic plus more…1 year 36 weeks agoNo lights, bloody trendies!
No lights, bloody trendies!
- Tour of Oman1 year 36 weeks agoI think its invite only??
I think its invite only?? Astana, Euskaltel, Ag2r, Vacansoleil, Movistar, Saxo Bank and Lampre all missing, so some decent riders in those teams
- Tour of Oman1 year 36 weeks agoGriepel over his illness i
Griepel over his illness i take it ?
Whats wrong with Euskatel ? i thought the hot weather would have suited their riders.
- Tour of Oman1 year 36 weeks agoThis really does take over my
This really does take over my life. I LOVE IT!!
- Tour of Qatar Stage 61 year 36 weeks agoOne word - Crap
One word - Crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont know why i bother sometimes.
- 2012 WorldTour bikes: who's riding what this season1 year 36 weeks agoI like the Pinarello new
I like the Pinarello new colours for Sky (i take it's Cv's bike with the bands on it) but my favourite has to be the Bianchi. Dont know why it just is, i'm sure many of you will know what i mean.
- The Times publishes more than 4,000 personal accounts by cyclists of dangers they face on Britain's roads1 year 36 weeks agoG-bitch wrote:So, this is aG-bitch wrote:
So, this is a London thing right? Got to love our south-east as the centre of the world media.
Well, it is a pretty big place. Would you prefer it the campaign started with a page 12 column in the 'Outer Hebrides Gazette' [circulation: 2,410]?
There are likely to be more people cycling in London than any other city in the UK and are possibly a larger proportion of traffic than most towns and cities. The Times, and their journalist Mary Bowers, who was seriously injured, are based in London. As are the politicians they wish to influence. And it is the capital city... where better to start?
- Bikes of the UCI WorldTour 2012: Bianchi Oltre of Vacansoleil-DCM1 year 36 weeks agoI love it & I want one!!
I love it & I want one!!
My next road bike is gonna be a Bianchi
- Tour of Qatar Stage 61 year 36 weeks agoGot no points for having
Got no points for having Martin Kohler (BMC) today, yet he finished 19th. Two points means a lot ya know!
- Paris gives green light to trial scheme to allow red light jumping cyclists1 year 36 weeks agoExcellent stuff.
Cue all the
Cue all the Daily Mail comments that it'll never work, ALL cyclists jump the lights anyway and they don't even pay road tax so why should they get to ignore traffic lights.
- Tour of Oman1 year 36 weeks agoSky only have a couple of
Sky only have a couple of changes, Sutton and Hunt in and Barry will be out, So Rowe, Dowsett or Puccio are the reserves
Full list here http://www.letour.fr/2012/TOO/RIDERS/us/engages.html
No EBH, Flecha or Gilbert
BUT there will be Kittel, Sagan and Millar for your climbing and Cav, Farrar, Galimzyanov and Greipel for your sprints with a few other names i'll keep to myself
- Things banned from Olympic park for London World Cup1 year 36 weeks agoThe definition of 'small'
The definition of 'small' will be under discussion when I go on Friday. My 7 year old has hollow legs and I'm sure there will be discussions around 'that can't be all for him?"
Reminds me of going to EuroDisney a few years ago with its blanket packed lunch ban. We hid food in obscure places around the kids push chairs and hid in the park to eat it! Better than spending $$ on crap food!
- Things banned from Olympic park for London World Cup1 year 36 weeks agoJust reading about the packed
Just reading about the packed lunch ban is making me unaccountably peckish.
- Tour of Qatar Stage 6: Cavendish crashes as FDJ's Démare wins stage, Boonen takes overall1 year 36 weeks agowas actually kluge not
was actually kluge not degenkolb
- Paris gives green light to trial scheme to allow red light jumping cyclists1 year 36 weeks agoAnd all you need is a
And all you need is a pedestrian crossing at the same time, a cyclist knowingly going too fast as he "has the right to turn" and you'll get a properly legalised accident. Not anyones fault, but broken bones or worse.
Utter load of bollocks.
However: specific lights and cyclists only phases, yes please!!
Yes, cyclists are different than cars, and we have some specific needs, but let's not go the other way either and allow cyclists this sort of stuff, because we'll all suffer from legalising practices than only a few will abuse...
- What's the best looking bike in the WorldTour? Vote for one in our expertly drawn up shortlist or nominate your own1 year 36 weeks agoThe cannondale wins it for me
The cannondale wins it for me
- 2012 WorldTour bikes: who's riding what this season1 year 36 weeks agoPlease let me win the Euro
Please let me win the Euro Millions Bianchi would b the first!! Then probably 1 of each every week after that
- Tour of Oman1 year 36 weeks agoNeither is Gilbert - claims
Neither is Gilbert - claims it's too warm