- UK courts easy on drivers ? Try Dubai.1 year 8 weeks agoI like the fact the camel
I like the fact the camel shepard will be deported after he's done time. In this country he'll claim that he was in a relationship with one of his camels and that constitutes a breach of his right to family life. And you know what the judge will agree.
- Video highlights + reaction to Rui Costa's world championship victory in Florence1 year 8 weeks agoDoug Dewey's reaction:
Doug Dewey's reaction:
To all the armchair critics out there, come back to me when you've ridden 270k in conditions like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOl2OPjewOE … #fools
he means you, mike.
- Great Cycling books1 year 8 weeks ago+1 for 'Consumed' by Jonathan
+1 for 'Consumed' by Jonathan Budds.
I loved it and am now trying to find some more cycle-related fiction.
- Just in: Canyon Inflite AL 8.01 year 8 weeks agolooks like a really great
looks like a really great intro cross bike with discs. To bad Canyon isn't available in the US
- Team Sky's Dave Brailsford & Endura's Brian Smith urge caution over UCI's Jonathan Tiernan-Locke 'please explain' letter1 year 8 weeks agoI really like that team Sky
I really like that team Sky is showing their support until this is worked out either way
- Autumn Classics1 year 8 weeks agoI've loaded in four races, I
I've loaded in four races, I had six lined up, but lack of information made me drop two.
This isn't my race, its Dave's. I've just set it up, so he may well change it.
So far I have
Milano - Torino
Giro di Lombardia
Binche - Chimay - Binche
Paris - Tours
Milano starts on the 2nd, so just a couple of days away
- World Championship Road Race1 year 8 weeks agoWig_Billy wrote:A few ridersWig_Billy wrote:
A few riders got points even though they didn't finish the race.
Which riders, no rider should score if they didn't finish, but that's upto Dr to do
- Surrey County Council to hold public meeting on how to make county a cycling destination1 year 8 weeks agoI was merely pointing out
I was merely pointing out that the headline appears to suggest that opponents should not be allowed to air their views.
- Team Sky's Dave Brailsford & Endura's Brian Smith urge caution over UCI's Jonathan Tiernan-Locke 'please explain' letter1 year 8 weeks agoPosted this on the other
Posted this on the other piece about this but thought it was relevant here too. Team Sky's press release:
- Video: Splish splosh at the World Championships1 year 8 weeks agoAccording to VeloNews Rod
According to VeloNews Rod Ellingworth wasn't too happy at the GB lads and their collective 'early bath'.
May this is partly why Sky don't figure in the Spring classics. Or is the team so geared around stage racing that one-day races, even this one, don't get the attention they deserve? (Mark Cavendish's 2011 win excepted)
I know I wouldn't have wanted to ride for 7 hours in those conditions either, especially knowing you could only finish in an anonymous 57th place or worse.
It was a gripping finish and a superbly ridden win by Costa. I desperately wanted Rodriguez to get the stripey jumper but from his face he looked like a 'dead man pedalling' in the finishing straight. Great effort by Nibali to still be there at the end despite a crash late on in the race that would have had a GB rider calling for his mum (just kidding, lads). Three of the top four have ridden 2 GTs (and plenty else) this year.
Edit: afterthought from reading elsewhere, before questioning GB riders' toughness don't forget Thomas riding through the Tour with a fractured pelvis and Stannard's performances in KBK 2010 and this year's Milan-San Remo, both run in absolutely shocking conditions.
- Video: Splish splosh at the World Championships1 year 8 weeks agoA quick look at G.T when he
A quick look at G.T when he was being interviewed on the Beeb just after he pulled out should tell yuo all yuo need to know. he wasn't just pale his lips were positively blue.
- £1 Aksium wheels in Mavic’s limited time offer1 year 8 weeks agoThere had to be a catch( a
There had to be a catch( a dear one at that )
- Autumn: Essential clothing guide1 year 8 weeks agomichophull wrote:For those ofmichophull wrote:
For those of us who don't have arms like Henry Rollins, can anyone recommend a way of keeping arm warmers up without inevitably stabbing oneself with safety pins ?
Try castelli nanoflex arm warmers - they're quite tight all the way down the arm and have silicon outside and in, so it grips your arm and your jersey. not cheap, but fantastic warmers.
- Video highlights + reaction to Rui Costa's world championship victory in Florence1 year 8 weeks agoUtter disgrace, its not like
Utter disgrace, its not like we don't get rain in the UK, man up boys, get some pride and finish the bloody race, don't act like my 6 year old who gives up once she realises she can't win... oh that's it, you are acting like kids who don't get there sweets, what about the British fans who spent their money to come over and see you, I'm ashamed.
- Video highlights + reaction to Rui Costa's world championship victory in Florence1 year 8 weeks agoWiggo leaves the team bus
Wiggo leaves the team bus before the rest arrive back and it appears not to have even done a turn on the front....your a good rider Brad, but youve got to man up and deal with the fact Froomey is a better road racer and swallow that bloody ego
- Team Sky's Jonathan Tiernan-Locke asked to explain blood values by UCI1 year 8 weeks agoWell here is Team Sky's take:
Well here is Team Sky's take:
IMHO only Team Sky bashers will suggest that it's the values at Sky that should be called into question.
How would a markedly improved value at Sky match with a poor season?
- Rapha launch commemorative Tour de France Team Sky jersey and new range of winter gloves1 year 8 weeks agoCyclingDan wrote:I got mostCyclingDan wrote:
I got most of my winter gear from Aldi on Thursday and it was far cheaper and great for the £4.99 i Paid for the gloves.
I trust that will keep you warm and dry while riding all this winter. But actually, given the difference in quality I notice between price differential clothing I doubt it....chances are it isn't fit for purpose, or falls apart. But I honestly wish you good luck with that.
- Team Sky's Jonathan Tiernan-Locke asked to explain blood values by UCI1 year 8 weeks agoSuper DomestiqueSuper Domestique wrote:
Actually it doesn't necessarily suggest that at all (although the bias of the report tends to suggest that). What it says is that there is a discrepancy between the Endura bloods and the Sky bloods. It says the Sky bloods appear consistent. But all that is saying is that there was some change between cycling for the two teams. Could be that they markedly improved or that they markedly declined in some value. JTL now has to explain why.
That might be the case but given the riders form at the two teams it would appear only the Team Sky bashers would read it that way.
That said I hope there is a logical explanation and that JTL isn't tarnished by rumour if he is found innocent.
Why do you have to be a Team Sky basher to read it that way? It seems to me a matter of semantics, but the evidence (i.e. no wins, poor season, good season before going to Sky) would suggest that the Endura bloods are not correct. BUT, actually the release says very little towards this one way or the other - there's just a discrepancy. People are claiming not to judging already are.
At the end of the day, if JTL is found to have suspicious values which cannot be explained then Sky is the team that pays, and they lose a rider. JTL will also suffer.
I've just paid £115 for a Contour Roam2.
Did you buy from the USA? It seems that we Brits are getting ripped off on the price once again.
No, that was just via one of the merchants on Amazon.co.uk - I should also mention (given your other comment) that it's waterproof to a metre as is (so protected against the weather at least while on the bike), and comes equipped with a very nifty free waterproof case that will protect it down to 60 metres or something like that if you fancied scuba diving or whatever.
It just dawned on me, one way for the politicians to rig the statistics is to have the police catch less people committing crimes, ie by tying them up in paperwork and by keeping them off the streets where they could actually do some good.
We do not need more police, we have record numbers of police, what we need is more efficient police.
The current way of rigging statistics is to not record it as a crime at all. Go into your local police station and tell them that someone tried to kill you by driving their car/van/lorry/bus at you. Unless you were actually injured or have multiple independent witnesses the desk officer will refuse to log it.
Although this behaviour is encouraged by politicians its the police who are doing the rigging.
Hi- just sent you an email.
Recently back from there - great riding. This site is worth a read: http://mallorcacycling.co.uk/
Any chance road.cc can get a few in and do a comparison test?
Glad you enjoyed it. Read the blog, great writing mate, I'm looking forward to the next update
I wonder CH is like me, when driving along I bore the family with my analysis of people's bike fit that we pass!