- Gkam84 needs a trike to ride and help him deal with early Parkinson's - he's 28 FFS1 year 20 weeks agoGKam, see today's Mail
GKam, see today's Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2238450/Cycling-improve-connec...
- Alberto Contador: Cycling needs a zero tolerance approach to doping1 year 20 weeks agoBigDummy: The contaminated
BigDummy: The contaminated meat story was pretty thoroughly debunked. Firstly, why would someone from Contador's team drive quite a distance to fetch a steak for Alberto? Bit odd. Further, the meat he claims to be at high risk of contamination is imported meat, but the meat he eat almost certainly, by virtue of its price, must have been spanish meat. See §XI.4 on page 57 of the CAS decision, and its finding on page 62:
Further, we're talking about an athlete who competed through some of the dirtiest years of cycling. Who's been on several teams with at least a tolerance of doping (ONCE, Astana). Who beat the king of doping in a tour. etc.
- Hit and run1 year 20 weeks agoI was stationary in a right
I was stationary in a right hard filer box, awaiting oncoming traffic to clear before turning right into a road.
The driver was turning right out of the road i was waiting to turn in to.
The junction was more of a Y than a t, so the driver should have widened his turning circle to go past me... but instead decided to go through me.
That he was driving a BMW came as no surprise to me.
- Mudguards for a 2012 Whyte Montpellier1 year 20 weeks agoAaaah, that's a bit of a
Aaaah, that's a bit of a bugger. Seems daft not to incorporate eyelets considering that they're marketed as fast urban bikes.
As a last resort I'd drop Whyte/ATB an email to see if they have any further suggestions/mods that may help. Good luck.
- Hit and run1 year 20 weeks agoThat's infuriating I agree.
That's infuriating I agree. I don't know what to do about it though, sorry.
@Stumps, any ideas from the 'inside'? Will calling someone get it looked at?
Presumably the driver's defence if caught will be that your wheel 'shouldn't have been in the road' or some such. Did you take pics of the location and your position? Where did it happen?
- Alberto Contador: Cycling needs a zero tolerance approach to doping1 year 20 weeks agoYou couldn't make it up!!
You couldn't make it up!!
- Gkam84 needs a trike to ride and help him deal with early Parkinson's - he's 28 FFS1 year 20 weeks agoThat's a great list. Before
That's a great list. Before you go calling in any more favours, I'd see how much that lot raises first!
- Alberto Contador: Cycling needs a zero tolerance approach to doping1 year 20 weeks agoSo would that be the kind of
So would that be the kind of zero tolerance that results in, say, a life ban for a rider who (unwittingly?) tests positive for clenbuterol?
- Alberto Contador: Cycling needs a zero tolerance approach to doping1 year 20 weeks agoWhat a dick.
What a dick.
- Alberto Contador: Cycling needs a zero tolerance approach to doping1 year 20 weeks agoWe should have zero tolerance
We should have zero tolerance for doping.
But people who accidentally eat steroids for dinner are innocent and we should believe in them for the sake of clean sport. This is especially true if they ride it like it's 1999.
- Bradley Wiggins: I'm better than that dope Lance1 year 20 weeks agoOpinions are wonderful
Opinions are wonderful things.
- HTML geeks??1 year 20 weeks agoCheers. I think I have it
Cheers. I think I have it sorted now. I used http://www.jotformeu.com/
Built a form and copied it over, but it only gives me 100 uses free a month, so hopefully it will work out alright.
Now just got to work on the layout and wait for the items to come in
- Gkam84 needs a trike to ride and help him deal with early Parkinson's - he's 28 FFS1 year 20 weeks agoOk so far for donation items
Ok so far for donation items I have
BMC Racing Team
Team Colombia Coldeportes
James McCallum (Rapha Condor Sharp)
Yanto Barker (Uk Youth)
Hayden Roulston (RSNT)
Do you have any contacts that might be willing to get involved? Now is the time to call in favours and twist arm's
I'm off to email major retailers, without hoping to much as I know they don't often do charitable donation's, unless its for a charity they are involved with
- Head cover Or Not1 year 20 weeks agoOoh yeah, let's have a helmet
Ooh yeah, let's have a helmet debate again. Not seen one of these in a while.
- Boardman launch three sub-£500 bikes1 year 20 weeks agoThe road bike looks good for
The road bike looks good for a winter trainer. Hybrid looks a winner for commute involving canal paths etc.
- HTML geeks??1 year 20 weeks agoI've found this useful in
I've found this useful in past http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp
- Do I need a TT frame?1 year 20 weeks agoFunnily enough:
I have a
I have a Raleigh Special products Alloy aero TT frame in the shed that I would be willing to part with for £60....Paint is all good and it really is very aero 54cm top tube.
- Velo: Paul Fournel1 year 20 weeks agoJust bought it
Just bought it
- Symposium in London this Friday explores how Danish cycling experience can translate to UK1 year 20 weeks agoCould it be anything to do
Could it be anything to do with the fact that the Danes are generally a progressive, intelligent people whereas as the Brits can be a very smallminded, short termist people ..
- Boardman launch three sub-£500 bikes1 year 20 weeks agoLook good for the money.
Look good for the money.
No simple way to fit a rack to the Road Sport in these pics though. Is it a prototype frame?
- Tech roundup: ANT+ directory, VELECO eco-clothing, Velobici winter range, magnetic bike lights and much more1 year 20 weeks agoVelobici make some LOVELY
Velobici make some LOVELY stuff..
I got chatting with the wife of the owner at Bespoked earlier this year, they know their onions ..
Pity I'm skint ..
- Boardman launch three sub-£500 bikes1 year 20 weeks agoThis is quite interesting,
This is quite interesting, cause it shows that even Halfords' brands are starting to struggle on price.
The road bike looks good, but the frame is basic and the fork looks like alu or even steel. For £100 more you can have a bike from a major brand with similar kit but a much better frame and a full carbon fork.
The multi-sport bike is actually pretty poor value. Check out a couple of major brands and you can find something similar with Hydraulic disc brakes, adjustable stem, sus-seatpost, and arguably a better frame, for exactly the same price as the boardman.
Kit wise the hybrid race looks better, and the kit compares very well to others, but I suspect the frame isn't as good as some at an equivalent price
- Boardman launch three sub-£500 bikes1 year 20 weeks agoThe MX looks a tidy bike for
The MX looks a tidy bike for just general riding / commuting, but would have been better with a rigid fork IMO. But, whats with the 'race' moniker?
- Suggestions for the 2013 season1 year 20 weeks agoenrique wrote:drheatonenrique wrote:drheaton wrote:
... the really.. high scorers in the Tour were the people who won from a breakaway...
I think the reason this seems out of focus is that KM points along the way are tallied for the breakaway but Finish Line KM points on a hilltop or mountaintop finish are not. I think it would be more consistent, and seem fairer, to either lower the points on offer for KM along the route that are available toa breakaway, or, to count the KM points at the end of a stage race. Either would suit me.
At the same time, regardless, I'd be ok with max points for winning a stage to go back to the old standard of 25 points, etc... It just seems a cooler number to me and would make for more exciting competitions and smaller margins of victory...
I disagree. If you include finish line KoM points then the really high scorers (the breakaway winners) will score EVEN MORE POINTS and it'll skew the race towards the mountains as more points will be on offer for these stages. If you want to reign in breakaway points then adding on finish line points won't help as it'll punish you even more when you fail to pick a rider like Voeckler who goes on an all day break and racks up 100+ points.
You could offset adding in KoM finish line points by also awarding Sprint/Points competition points for the finish line as well but then you're skewing the race towards finishing places and away from breaks. There is a balance to be found and I think we're fairly close right now, massive changes would be too much.
What I will say though is that technically, the finish line points already reflect the points awarded in the KoM or Points Competitions. No points are given to riders for finishing positions except these so you could argue the 35-1 points on offer for a stage win already include these.
I say, leave it broadly unchanged.enrique wrote:
Just give up. Rules on transfers will be announced eventually, probably at the start of January in the run up to the TDU so leave it. At this point I expect Dave has the rules laid out how he wants and they won't be changed. We've all had our say, let's just see what happens.
- Fs: special edition Green SRAM RED 'Black' components1 year 20 weeks agoThats not actually my account
Thats not actually my account im afraid..
Although well spotted.. It is for the same things.
Unfortunatly these parts werent made just for me
They're not THAT special.
I actually know that guy though.. We both bought Team Evos for the framesets basically.
Please only reply with serious posts.
This is a genuine sale which will go up on ebay soon if no-ones interested.(Or can be arranged to go up on ebay for a serious buyer)