- Things I learnt on my 300km audax1 year 31 weeks agoGreat achievemant, Dave-
Great achievemant, Dave- really makes a person feel trapped in the office today.
Love the cartoon counterpoint of the road sign. Round body on skinny legs, stuff in its jersey pockets, with large B3227 standing to attention....
- Georgia In Dublin Leggits Waterproof Overshoes1 year 31 weeks agoThey do come in red, dark
They do come in red, dark green and black as well- I should have said. The black is edged with cream and I thought was quite smart.
- Police issue witness appeal in hunt for road rage ninja woman… they want to find her cycling victim too +video1 year 31 weeks agoWas she trying to live up to
Was she trying to live up to the stereotype of someone with red hair?
She's a nutter.
- FS ORBEA OCII 600mm 31.8mm OS Flat handlebars1 year 31 weeks agoAre the bars still available?
Are the bars still available?
- Things I learnt on my 300km audax1 year 31 weeks agoWould a 'mamil' with a carbon
Would a 'mamil' with a carbon and no mudguards (me) get strung up from the nearest tree for entering one of these events? Or is the kit obligatory?
- Schwalbe Durano tyre1 year 31 weeks agoThis is slightly off-topic
This is slightly off-topic but I ride the Durano Plus (see comment by Simon above) year-round, mainly because I tend to ride quite a lot on rough stony tracks that would rip normal road tyres to shreds. I am not a very sophisticated rider but I have high confidence in the wet-weather grip of the 'Plus' on normal roads.
It is probably accurate to describe the Plus as bomb-proof despite the fact I have had two punctures in the rear tyre during the last six months - as a result of the abuse they suffer the tyre surfaces now sport a multitude of small cuts and on both occasions these have trapped a shard of flint that eventually penetrated the protective layer. The tyres themselves are about nine months old and have covered over a thousand miles with little sign of wear apart from the aforementioned cuts.
When these eventually wear out I will try a pair of the 'ordinary' Duranos for comparison. Maybe it will be a revalation!
- Police issue witness appeal in hunt for road rage ninja woman… they want to find her cycling victim too +video1 year 31 weeks agoI thought the first bit was a
I thought the first bit was a hair shampoo advert .... wonder what she uses? Lovely bounce and colour
- Police issue witness appeal in hunt for road rage ninja woman… they want to find her cycling victim too +video1 year 31 weeks agoYou have to feel sorry for
You have to feel sorry for this people
As for that country lane being a B road, you've got to laugh, though I guess the little darlings might get lost otherwise
- Things I learnt on my 300km audax1 year 31 weeks agoPeople take the piss out of
People take the piss out of the brown bar tape on my Ribble Audax but I'm obviously rocking the look now.
Just need a RoadCC Jumper that fits like that (i.e. Lose more weight)
- Police issue witness appeal in hunt for road rage ninja woman… they want to find her cycling victim too +video1 year 31 weeks agoSo they assaulted a cyclist,
So they assaulted a cyclist, filmed it, reported the cyclist to the police and posted it on you tube...now i am depressed. If they send it to 'you've been framed' they could get £250. But was he assaulted or not? Only one way to settle it....Fight. Lets hope they get caught; would be good that they are prosecuted with their own video
- Giro stage 81 year 31 weeks agoAgreed, I haven't checked all
Agreed, I haven't checked all the results but it does look like Rubiano has been given both his and Rujano's points.
- Giro stage 91 year 31 weeks agoTook the gamble of leaving
Took the gamble of leaving out the Manxman,so I have my fingers crossed for a breakaway going all the way and then Cav will sit up,as minor places are not on his radar...
- Police issue witness appeal in hunt for road rage ninja woman… they want to find her cycling victim too +video1 year 31 weeks agoI never saw Emma Peel do this
I never saw Emma Peel do this before! Seriously, I do not know what is so sad: the facts or the daily mail comments?
- TOC Stage 21 year 31 weeks agoThink the lumps at the end
Think the lumps at the end are too big for 3 out of the 4 that you mentioned....
Have to agree with you on yesterdays stage.....Stunning backdrop and without having the glitz of the Giro,it felt like proper bike racing....
- TOC Stage 21 year 31 weeks agoHard to decide who to swap as
Hard to decide who to swap as no scores up yet and i'm crap at working them out myself - always seem to do better than i end up with
- Things I learnt on my 300km audax1 year 31 weeks agoWould have laughed at the
Would have laughed at the wind direction comment if I'd
not had just that on a 100km sportive on Sunday !!!!
Congrats on the 300k
- Giro stage 91 year 31 weeks agoI've got rid of J-Rod for Cav
I've got rid of J-Rod for Cav and Basso for Goss. Even if it means switching them back and forward each day i dont mind as the basis of my team stays the same.
And if it works out ok then i should benefit with my points total.
- Police issue witness appeal in hunt for road rage ninja woman… they want to find her cycling victim too +video1 year 31 weeks agoit gets sadder by the day ...
it gets sadder by the day ... !
- Giro stage 91 year 31 weeks agoGiven the that next stages
Given the that next stages are:
10. Med Mountain with an uphill finish
12. Medium Mountain (breakaway)
14. High mountain
I can't decide whether to save some transfers or whether to use two a day swapping between sprinters and climbers.
Think I'm going:
Uran -> Goss
Sella -> Caruso (for 9 guaranteed points per stage at the minute)
Then it'll be Uran back in for Goss tomorrow as my only change (although might ditch Gasparatto), possibly Goss back in the stage after aiming to leave me with 4 transfers to use ahead of the first high mountain stage.
- ToC stage 11 year 31 weeks agoForgot to put in a team,
Forgot to put in a team, going to sit this one out and just watch and relax. Prefer to concentrate on Giro.
Sagan very impressive though. Having a puncture, getting back on and then winning comfortably. Shows the level of comp though.
Can't wait for Cav v Sagan in the Tour. Should be interesting on a slightly lumpy stage.
- Things I learnt on my 300km audax1 year 31 weeks agoworkhard wrote:let's have theworkhard wrote:
let's have the energy bar recipe then...
1) some oats
2) some seeds
3) some nuts
4) some fruit
5) a tin of condensed milk
mix together, bake till brown. nom.
- Things I learnt on my 300km audax1 year 31 weeks agolet's have the energy bar
let's have the energy bar recipe then...
- ToC stage 11 year 31 weeks agoInteresting, im gonna get a
Interesting, im gonna get a couple of big guys in for today
- Giro stage 91 year 31 weeks agoThats been my dilemma,
Thats been my dilemma, whether to bring Cav in for J-Rod knowing I'll just be reversing it tomorrow. I'm way back so I thought I'd take the risk and bring Cav in. Problem is, if a small break gets to the finish, Cav is unlikely to sprint hard for minor placings, so its an all or nothing move...
- Things I learnt on my 300km audax1 year 31 weeks agodmc wrote:that pictures justdmc wrote:
that pictures just up the road from me
you get to ride the lovely B3227 whenever you want then. lucky chump