- Drivers to be fined and given penalty points for range of careless driving offences starting from today1 year 9 weeks agoInteresting that when
Interesting that when youvdrive in France lane discipline is always better on 2 lane autoroutes. When it becomes 3 lane it all seems to go to pot.
I still reckon getting everybody to re-take their driving theory test and have an eye test every few years would sharpen peoples road sense up.
When I passed my test 30 years ago there were no such things as ASLs. When I took my bike test a few years later I was amazed at how much of the highway code had changed.
(I also took my advanced test when I'd taken my normal test. Cost me nowt as the instructers were volunteers).
- Garmin Sharp DS Andreas Klier banned for six months after admitting doping1 year 9 weeks agoThe Rumpo Kid wrote:Would youThe Rumpo Kid wrote:
Would you prefer that he continued lying? That may, in the short term, help the image of Pro Cycling as far as the self-deluding Liggetts of this world are concerned, but I think in the long run it would be less helpful than the truth.
Is it totally impossible that Klier confessed because he wants to continue working in the sport, and wants to wipe his slate clean before the skeletons fall out of the cupboard of their own accord? (Sorry about the mixed metaphor). As well as a six month ban, he's also lost eight years of results.
Completely agree. The 'confess and lose your whole livelihood' approach just forces people to keep on lying.
- Surrey resident launches campaign against closed-road cycle events1 year 9 weeks agoOscarzero wrote:
Personally, I would like to see Boris rotate the Ride100 around all the counties that border onto London. Kent has the North downs too and has some great climbs, Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire do too - and that way, it gives each county a break of a few years between each event and adds variety to the sportive for those entering. Also why should Surrey get all the glory and money spent from participants?
Couldn't agree more. Speaking for all of Essex (because apparently that's what we can do on the internet without fear of contradiction, isn't it?) I'd happily welcome the sportive and race coming up through Epping Forest and out to the rolling hills of The Only Way Is Pedalling country.
I'll set up a bacon butty stall.
- Drivers to be fined and given penalty points for range of careless driving offences starting from today1 year 9 weeks agogood news but they need to
good news but they need to enforce it ffs.
about as much use as creating a law making it illegal to fart in the bath.
- Drivers to be fined and given penalty points for range of careless driving offences starting from today1 year 9 weeks agoandyp wrote:all anyoneandyp wrote:
all anyone (particularly Animal) needs to know:
What this website doesn't say is anything about speed limits. It suggests that people travelling at 70mph in the middle lane who have traffic behind them should pull in (in this case let us take it for red that the left-hand lane is not full, but is in constant use). But this would only be for people travelling 70+mph which is not part of the highway code.
Surely the people who should alter their behaviour (i.e. be fined) are the speeders. I'm not really sure about who the middle lane w@nkers are - except people identified by people travelling over 70+mph who force them to drive in the fast lane....
It sort of strikes me as the sort of behaviour that many cyclists complain about i.e. people behaving as if they own the roads because they are the fastest on the roads.
- Eneco Tour - Stage 51 year 9 weeks agoRenshaw wont start. Neither
Renshaw wont start. Neither will Kittel
- Twitter boast leads to murder charge for California teen involved in fatal collision with cyclist1 year 9 weeks agothe CPS are spineless toads
the CPS are spineless toads and would rather chase statistics than justice.
- Road rage and knocked off1 year 9 weeks agoI'm opposed to the idea of a
I'm opposed to the idea of a helmet cam, but I think it's inevitable unfortunately. Hope you heal quick.
- Drivers to be fined and given penalty points for range of careless driving offences starting from today1 year 9 weeks agogb901 wrote:fixed penaltygb901 wrote:
fixed penalty notices - just another way of milking money out of the cash cow that is the motorist!
You don't get a FPN if you're not breaking the law.
Just respect the rules and other people.
- Surrey resident launches campaign against closed-road cycle events1 year 9 weeks agoCalm down people. Someone has
Calm down people. Someone has an opinion that doesn't chime exactly with yours. By all means educate reasonably and gently - otherwise deal with it.
@Oscarzero: great idea. I live in the Chilterns and there's great riding round here too.
- Road rage and knocked off1 year 9 weeks agoSorry to hear of your
Sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience and I hope you heal soon.
I do hope you can find this idiot and the police throw the book at him. An attempted murder charge would be a good one if events played out as articulated.
Sadly having had a similar experience with white van man who declared "I am going to f@#&ing kill you" and drove me off the road where thankfully a lamp post prevented him getting his way. I reported it but plod declared a lack of evidence....
My crime by the way was to give white van man a blast of my horn as he pulled out of a parking spot with no indication and without looking...
It is worth reporting though as if there is a pattern of evidence/behaviour then it might swing the decision to prosecute.
- Twitter boast leads to murder charge for California teen involved in fatal collision with cyclist1 year 9 weeks agoNick T wrote:The older I get,Nick T wrote:
The older I get, the sadder the world looks due to the ignorance of youth.
No offence intended Nick, but that’s a pretty poor outlook on the world’s problems. When it comes to confrontations with people I come across, whatever the issue, the age ranges broadly from young adults to old age pensioners. I’ve been disgusted at the language I’ve heard from middle aged people who think, just because you’re younger than them, they know best.
General ignorance is the problem…it does indeed suck.
- Eneco Tour - Stage 51 year 9 weeks agowiggins
- Marcel Kittel takes lie detector test to try and prove he's not doping1 year 9 weeks agoThe more I hear from Marcel
The more I hear from Marcel Kittel the more I like the guy.
Long may him and Cav enjoy a decent rivalry (once Cav has a team that's got a clue what the hell they're doing in the last 1km that is).
- Drivers to be fined and given penalty points for range of careless driving offences starting from today1 year 9 weeks ago'fixed penalty notices - just
'fixed penalty notices - just another way of milking money out of the cash cow that is the motorist!'
is that lifted verbatim from the Daily Mail? Do fixed penalty notices also give you cancer?
- Drivers to be fined and given penalty points for range of careless driving offences starting from today1 year 9 weeks agoDon't motorways seem to
Don't motorways seem to confuse lots of drivers?
All this talk of slow lanes, middle lanes and fast lanes ... Motorways can have 2, 3 or 4 lanes on each carriageway and may or may not have a hard-shoulder.
And don't confused drivers get angry and defensive - just like children in schools who will strike out and behave badly because they don't understand and nobody realises.
Maybe the real problem here is that you aren't taught how to drive on motorways as part of the process of learning to drive. I've always beleived that after the standard test there should be a motorway test and only after that could anyone receive a full licence.
- USA Pro Cycling Challenge 20131 year 9 weeks agoAt the moment, I am still
At the moment, I am still working from the provisional list on the official site, But I believe Atapuma will be there
COLOMBIA (COL) @Col_Coldeportes
Edwin Alcibiades Avila Vanegas (COL)
Julio Alexis Camacho Bernal (COL)
Robinson Eduardo Chalapud Gomez (COL)
Marco Corti (ITA)
Fabio Andres Duarte Arevalo (COL)
Jarlinson Pantano (COL)
Michael Rodriguez Galindo (COL)
- Eneco Tour - Stage 51 year 9 weeks agoI expected to be slight
I expected to be slight behind in the purist game going into today and making up for it over the next could of stage
- Road rage and knocked off1 year 9 weeks agoA few months ago I had a run
A few months ago I had a run in with a man in a green land rover, around 50's age, quite posh accent wearing farmer style clothing - but this was in Leicester so seems like perhaps coincidence. I hope the police catch him and that you have a speedy recovery!
- Surrey resident launches campaign against closed-road cycle events1 year 9 weeks agoLOL, this reads like bike
LOL, this reads like bike radar threads, or worse, YouTube comments, when it descends into personal attacks
- Drivers to be fined and given penalty points for range of careless driving offences starting from today1 year 9 weeks agofixed penalty notices - just
fixed penalty notices - just another way of milking money out of the cash cow that is the motorist!
- Surrey resident launches campaign against closed-road cycle events1 year 9 weeks agoHi, another attempt, it's
Hi, another attempt, it's stayed on topic and relevant unlike your post xxx
- The recovery position1 year 9 weeks agoSeems that everyone has one
Seems that everyone has one of those Bondrager 2-bolt stems in their sheds!
- Eneco Tour - Stage 51 year 9 weeks agoNot quite sure what I did
Not quite sure what I did with my team, seems a mess
Dumoulin (he is the guy I hope can shoot me up the leaderboard)
Will axe Wiggins and De Vreese tomorrow
My main aim is my purist team though, no one above me has Weening, and only one team has both Kelderman and Phinney, but a couple of those have Wiggins or Chavanel. but Id like to think im in a good place to top 10 come sunday with a core of Boom, Kelderman, Phinney, Weening and Bakelants
- USA Pro Cycling Challenge 20131 year 9 weeks agoHaving enjoyed last year race
Having enjoyed last year race I'm looking forward to this also - think will be able to watch live on the web as last year also. One question as to rosters most website are showing Darwin Atapuma as racing, but he's not currently in the fantasy start list.