- Is it a wide bike lane? Is it a parking bay? Confusion reigns in Loughborough1 year 6 weeks agoConcrete planters at 2m
Concrete planters at 2m spacings. Sorted.
- Madison Men's Road Race Apex jacket1 year 6 weeks agoI really like the look of
I really like the look of these, but I can't find any size guides on their website...how generous are the sizes?
- Is it a wide bike lane? Is it a parking bay? Confusion reigns in Loughborough1 year 6 weeks agoMandatory lanes require
Mandatory lanes require further TROs which seems to be why most councils shy away from them...
- Is it a wide bike lane? Is it a parking bay? Confusion reigns in Loughborough1 year 6 weeks ago1.5m wide is really rather
1.5m wide is really rather narrow, miniumum standard is supposed to be 1.8m. And there are almost no cars that will fit a 1.5m wide lane anyway.
- The Cycling Anthology Volume 3, edited by Ellis Bacon and Lionel Birnie1 year 6 weeks agoyeah buy from Prendas and
yeah buy from Prendas and support a bike shop rather than a warehouse
- TfGM starts works that will transform cycling in part of Manchester city centre (+ videos)1 year 6 weeks agoSome of this looks great,
Some of this looks great, except that they can't be bothered to deal with the bus stops properly in every case.
There is also plenty of junctions in that design which are very dangerous for cyclists due to "left hook by bus" problems.
Nice intentions, but bikes and high volumes of bus traffic sounds like a dangerous mix unless its done really carefully...
- Bit of advice of shaving legs....? (16 y/o)1 year 6 weeks agoGizmo_ wrote:Mach 3.Gizmo_ wrote:
Mach 3. Seriously. Do it in the bath/shower, lots of showergel etc. Bosh.
And... just buy it yourself. If you're doing it because it looks Pro... do you think Cav's mum buys his razors?
I'm not sure shops will sell anything with blades in it to 16yr olds?
- Argos-Shimano becomes Giant-Shimano for 2014 season + video1 year 6 weeks agoMiss the 2013 white kit and
Miss the 2013 white kit and especially the dropping of kit sponsor Pearl Izumi for Etxeondo. BTW, that "cheesy American voice over" was that of young rider Lawson Craddock. Give the kid a break!
- Update on Tour de France Grand Départ - including how the £26.5m budget is being spent1 year 6 weeks agoPerhaps we should ask the
Perhaps we should ask the tour to use the cycle facilities built by each local council. Seeing the peloton zooming down a cracked, uneven glass-strewn piece of pavement 2 feet wide, dodging lamp posts and giving way at every side road, would be quite the sight.
- Argos-Shimano becomes Giant-Shimano for 2014 season + video1 year 6 weeks agoAt least they've got rid of
At least they've got rid of the white shorts! Had to look away lots last year, never a good look, and they ended up looking more like AG2R in the wet!
- "Point-making" rider hits back at Jeremy Clarkson1 year 6 weeks agoUsh wrote:eurotrashUsh wrote:eurotrash wrote:Super Domestique wrote:
Not the story but the fact I used to live on that road
Are you a bajillionaire?
He didn't say it was in a house
A mere and humble studio flat. Plus we are talking about 15 years ago.
- Bit of advice of shaving legs....? (16 y/o)1 year 6 weeks ago^ is that your excuse for the
^ is that your excuse for the beard mate
- 33shake Original Vanilla Chia energy gel1 year 6 weeks agoIt's Chia, not Chai
It's Chia, not Chai
- "Point-making" rider hits back at Jeremy Clarkson1 year 6 weeks agoTaking the lane has dangers
Taking the lane has dangers where ever you ride and no matter how assertive you are (and after 30 years of motorcycle riding, I can 'do' assertive).
I live on a hill, in a seaside town in the South West of England. To get into my road I have to make a right turn from a busy 30 mph feeder road into a housing estate.
Despite 'taking the lane', and at times riding more or less on the white lines, due to parked cars on the left, I have lost count of the number of times I have been overtaken by cars, even when I have my right arm out to indicate my intention to turn right.
Too many drives in too much of a hurry and completely ignorant of what I am doing and why.
- Tour de San Luis1 year 6 weeks agoTERatcliffe26 wrote:TheTERatcliffe26 wrote:
The spreadsheet I had wasn't very good, but it worked for me...
Got your spreadsheet, TER, thanks! Let's see if more people will join. If you like I can do the daily stage scoring and you can do the team scoring, or vice versa...
- Bit of advice of shaving legs....? (16 y/o)1 year 6 weeks agoI have no advise to give
I have no advise to give here, I just wanted to say, he'll find it hard to buy razors himself as he's only 16, most places will only sell to 18+ these days
- "Point-making" rider hits back at Jeremy Clarkson1 year 6 weeks agoPeter Walker in the Guardian
Peter Walker in the Guardian has penned a fine analysis of the situation: it's about the safest position on the road for cyclists, not some numpty that happens to present a t.v. program:
- Bit of advice of shaving legs....? (16 y/o)1 year 6 weeks agoType shaving into the search
Type shaving into the search bar and there are a few very long threads on the subject from the summer.
Personally I normally just use a trimmer (0 grade, no guard) once or twice a summer. I am not a very zealous shaver but have gone for the full shave a few times. If the blade is good enough for your face it is good enough for you legs, just have a sink of warm water to hand to rinse regularly, if you have pretrimmed it shouldn't be too hard.
And under the thigh/knee/calf is easy just put you foot up on the sink.
- tdu1 year 6 weeks agoThanks for response.
Thanks for response.
Trading has really opened up for this ... 2 per day and you can bank them. Also still buy any more you need for 10 points.
- Numb Feet1 year 6 weeks agoSilk sock liners, no matter
Silk sock liners, no matter how snug your shoes are there's probably space for them. Less than a Tenner for a pair designed for skiing from decathlon.
- School of hard knocks1 year 6 weeks agoJoe, you will live longer but
Joe, you will live longer but it sure won't be interesting. Sounds like 36 years of unedifying trundling. I hope you enjoy your next ride whenever the conditions are right: 28th May.
- B’Twin to launch versatile and super-adaptable B’Original1 year 6 weeks agoI like it
I like it
- Bit of advice of shaving legs....? (16 y/o)1 year 6 weeks agoI prefer shaving gel, but my
I prefer shaving gel, but my wife just uses shower gel. I think men tend to be more fastidious about their shaving than women though.
1) all the way, 2) also mach3 3) about twice a week, once a week in winter when my legs don't see the light of day 4) hair clippers 5) about 5 min - I do it standing in the shower now - my wife laughs if I take longer than 5 min 6) use both hands , bending 7) even as a teenager I always bought my own razor blades, shaving cream and condoms.
- Purist League for Non Premium Players?1 year 6 weeks agoYou do not need to be a
You do not need to be a premium player to play purist, but you have to play it on the normal game, and as you say it is down to you to not make transfers. If you do not make transfers you will automatically go into the purist table, as you have not altered you team. As each competition is separate, just picking your team at the start of that race and making no changes between stages will keep it purist. Except for the classics, where transfers are allowed between each individual race even for purists, to keep it simple so there is no confusion.
Im unsure about the prizes, so Dave may be best answering that.
- "Point-making" rider hits back at Jeremy Clarkson1 year 6 weeks agoAhhh, things must have been
Ahhh, things must have been quiet for our Jezza. Posting a pic taken whilst driving, publicising it. Ohhh he must be relishing in all that free publicity and oxygen we've given him. The man is no fool. He has cleverly manipulated a situation to his own narcissistic ends.
When will we learn not to stoke his ego. I suggest a total media ban on all things Clarkson. That should sort him out.