- Dauphine Rider Roster1 year 11 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:... Think we'llGkam84 wrote:
... Think we'll have to look at Thread creating and quoting privileges on the forum...
Relax, sweetie... You can take it! One breath at a time.... It's not that bad! Or is it?...
- New bike1 year 11 weeks agoOne of these
One of these http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/frames-c6/road-frames-c112/scott-cr1-sl... built up with Ultegra for the bottom of your budget or Ultegra Di2 at the top.
- What is the point in Sky Orla?1 year 11 weeks agoSkyOrla wrote:mpt68SkyOrla wrote:mpt68 wrote:
question for Orla here
will sky be showing a highlights programme of the tour?? along the lines of what youve done with the Giro
enjoying the highlights weve had on sky so far this year.
Keep up the good work
Ahh, so now folk want coverage after having a pop! Hashtag cheeky smiles etc...!
We won't be covering the Tour as we did the Giro this year, since we don't have the broadcast rights.
We'll be there as much as possible from a sports news point of view though.
Hope you guys are looking forward to it as much as me. Sure you are!
Well done SkyOrla for getting involved here, that is a very dangerous game. Small beer perhaps, but I will say it anyway, as a Non subscriber and genuine sky broadcasting agnostic, I will take the trouble to view Sky's coverage at some point in the future when I almost certainly wouldn't have bothered before. Good luck to you.
- Kent Police issue witness appeal after National Escort Group motorcyclist killed during road race1 year 11 weeks agoThis is appalling. I'm not a
This is appalling. I'm not a road racer - I'm a fat tester - but to do my bit I marshall road races. The NEG guys are great and make the whole event feel a lot safer. They tend to be good humoured and professional and are a great asset to the sport.
- Welcome to Marlborough Country - but don't expect to park your bike on the High Street1 year 11 weeks agoLane 71, this is an open
Lane 71, this is an open forum that I encourage my 12 year old son to read. If that's the best contribution you can make to the discussion, perhaps you should pause before hitting the save button.
Don't disagree with your sentiment, just the language.
- 'Disc brakes will take over' - the man from TRP tells us why1 year 11 weeks agoThe Nibali argument is daft.
The Nibali argument is daft. A rider can only make up time because of superior disc braking *IF* they are the only ones with disc brakes. Of course, if Nibali has them, so can other riders, so there's no advantage. With better brakes, they might go faster, but they'll pretty much *all* go faster - the relative differences shouldn't make a difference.
Let's be honest, it's the riders that make the sport - not the equipment. Would the sport be much different if we put them all back on steel frames and friction shifters? Not really...
- Dauphine Rider Roster1 year 11 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:WHAT is theGkam84 wrote:
WHAT is the problem?...
Relax, cupcake... I just corrected my mistake, I went directly to the 'Rankings' page and didn't realize I was still looking at the Giro...
By the way, I'm wondering, does the game start list automatically feed the 'Rankings' page, so that the same information is supposed to be on both? Or are they separate pages that have to be updated independently? Thanks, sweetie!
- Dauphine Rider Roster1 year 11 weeks agoIf you say so. I can't see
If you say so. I can't see any in the startlist, the rankings show EVERY rider (1621 of them) to me, with all the ones in this race, highlighted in yellow..... So I still see this
109 Levi Leipheimer - no trade team - 218
Think we'll have to look at Thread creating and quoting privileges on the forum.....Pretty sure there is a REVOKE access button
- New bike1 year 11 weeks agoHalfords, get yourself in
Halfords, get yourself in there. Plenty of nice bike's to be had, you might even get a free bell
- Lance Armstrong tweets about his new bike… and it's not a Trek1 year 11 weeks agoAnd Parlee has a cult
And Parlee has a cult following in the US - said to the best carbon maker on that side of the pond ... what do i know? I only abuse my ti brides ...
- Lance Armstrong tweets about his new bike… and it's not a Trek1 year 11 weeks agobadback wrote:Lance who ?
Lance who ?
© LANCE PHARMSTRONG
- Dauphine Rider Roster1 year 11 weeks agoWHAT is the
WHAT is the problem?
Seriously, there is a thread for Dauphine already running.
I updated the start list and my sources are a trade secret.
If you had bothered to read my post in the Dauphine stage....Gkam84 wrote:
I've just updated the start list, knock yourselves out picking a team....
P.S. There WILL be some changes before the race, because some riders are in the CONFIRMED start list of TdS
I only have a provisional list from Dauphine, but I have a confirmed list for TdS
- New bike1 year 11 weeks agoYou could go for something
You could go for something like a Trek Domane. They are designed specifically for sportive style riding with loads of comfort and still plenty of the pace and handling you would expect. Also lots of decent options at about that price range. Certainly worth a look, but really depends on personal preference.
- Anyone used bike discount.de1 year 11 weeks agoGot a turbo trainer from them
Got a turbo trainer from them just before xmas, fast delivery and no problems.
- SOLD1 year 11 weeks agoHello
Other end of country
Other end of country but not to worry. Keep in touch if they have not sold as of Monday. I'll meet you in the middle if I can shift these F4's.
I'm sure we've done business before.
- Welland Valley CC1 year 11 weeks agoThanks Ali, I'm based in
Thanks Ali, I'm based in Oadby. Think they are my closest club! Will send an email. Thanks for the help!
- Proud to be a #bloodycyclist? Buy the jersey and tell the world1 year 11 weeks agobloody cyclist wrote:I thinkbloody cyclist wrote:
I think any driver that is antagonized by a jersey is probably going to hate cyclist no matter what but at least with the story still fresh in their minds they may think twice.
They might also think that the lady in question hasn't actually been charged with anything yet, never mind found guilty and behave in a similar fashion. Its putting two fingers up for the sake of it and the cycling equivalent of moronic drivers who shout "pay ye road tax' from the car window. Goes totally against the share the road message imho
- Anyone used bike discount.de1 year 11 weeks agoThanks guys looking at a set
Thanks guys looking at a set of Fulcrum Quattros. Might just give them a try.
- 'Disc brakes will take over' - the man from TRP tells us why1 year 11 weeks agoI'm the proud owner of a
I'm the proud owner of a Lynskey Sportive Disc and I love it. The discs are only mechanical BB7's (the lightweight ones)at the moment but the bike is ready for hydro's when I am ready to take the plunge an they are a bit more mainstream. Now I've sampled disc brakes on a road bike I will never go back to rims. The braking is soooo much better in every way and my hand built wheels will last longer from zero rim wear.
- "Affordable" Laser Spoke power metre "kick start" project1 year 11 weeks agour yeah, that's huge, no
ur yeah, that's huge, no chance.
- Anyone used bike discount.de1 year 11 weeks agoI use them whenever they work
I use them whenever they work out cheapest. I bought a wheelset from them last year, the wheels came in a big safe box just like they would from any other decent online retailer. I got a pair of DT Swiss 1450 delivered by DPD and I couldn't be more pleased with them. You can buy with confidence as far as I'm concerned.
- Anyone used bike discount.de1 year 11 weeks agoive only heard good things
ive only heard good things about them. dont worry - they are Germanic - attn to detail is uppermost.
- 'Disc brakes will take over' - the man from TRP tells us why1 year 11 weeks agoQuote: I'd genuinely haveQuote:
I'd genuinely have expected to stop much more quickly, my rim brakes when soaked just didn't bite as quickly as I wanted them to! I'd genuinely have expected to stop much more quickly, my rim brakes when soaked just didn't bite as quickly as I wanted them to!
to balance, went out on the MTB a few weeks back and it was very wet to say the least, the disc brakes, XTR on aligator rotors were shockingly bad!!! just nothing at all!!!!!
apply brakes, nothing, no slowing, eventually they started to bite but it took seconds, far worse than the calipers on the road bike.
- Anyone used bike discount.de1 year 11 weeks agowhat wheels?
- 'Disc brakes will take over' - the man from TRP tells us why1 year 11 weeks agoI commute using discs (BB7s)
I commute using discs (BB7s) on a heavyish drop bar Kona and try to avoid taking the lightweight bike out when the roads are even a bit damp- Sunday best and all that. Had a mechanical issue the other week that required parts, so the sunday best was pressed into commuting service. On a rainy day. A really rainy day.
Cambridge obviously lacks hills, but I was almost caught out when stopping at junctions by the poor braking I had from rim brakes- I'd genuinely have expected to stop much more quickly, my rim brakes when soaked just didn't bite as quickly as I wanted them to!