- Another bike computer question1 year 31 weeks agoSD,
Here is a link for the
Here is a link for the one's I use, in fact bought one for each bike. It fits the computer out in front of the stem/handlebar junction and as you say just a quick glance and it's there in front of you.
I find these MUCH better than stem/bar mounts as the computer can be back a little too far on the bars but with these little beauties its right where you need it.
Would also look good on your new bike that we haven't seen a photo of yet.
No issues with quality either.
Hope it helps.
- Veloce 10 speed brifters £301 year 31 weeks agoEmailed
- My "exciting" Weekend1 year 31 weeks agoGlad you're ok. Does sound
Glad you're ok. Does sound very odd though. If it happened to me I'm not sure I'd buy their explanation either. Definitely needs some research. Best of luck in sorting it out.
- Cycle campaigners see red over IAM red light jumping survey1 year 31 weeks agoI broke the embargo for good
I broke the embargo for good reason. I could see the hate to come.
Evening Standard even manages to get "Lycra louts" in the first sentence of its piece.
This stat of 57% is now set in stone and will be wheeled out by the haters - and bona fide sources - for ever.
I told the IAM's PR person this would happen and respectfully asked for the release to be withdrawn and amended with the angle that all road users run red lights. She refused to do this. And The Guardian asked, too.
I was told a release on motorists running reds - a stat pulled from the same dodgy survey - would be produced at a future date. In fact, IAM buried it in the cyclist-bashing release on its website but didn't submit the revised release to the mainstream media.
This is clear bias, and was obviously done to get column inches for IAM. As an organisation that previously did a few good things for cyclists, trying to dispel the 'them and us' myth, this was an awful stunt to pull.
- TOC Stage 21 year 31 weeks agoTERatcliffe26 wrote:screw myTERatcliffe26 wrote:
screw my transfers!!!! didnt think they would all get over!!! well points lost today!!! ToC is written off along with the Giro, just need to not loose ground overall now! Le Tour is mine although blew my chance of a win in the TDU finishing 4th
If I hadn't made one mistake in the TDU I would have won it
Cav has been a disaster for me in the Giro. Whenever I put him in he crashes, when I have him out he wins. Still got a very slim chance of winning if I get another Rubiano moment or play very well, but I very much doubt it.
- TOC Stage 21 year 31 weeks agoLovely views but the racing
Lovely views but the racing is predictable. Forgot to put in a team for stage 1 but made one in the end for stage 2 before I'd seen stage 1 results but luckily had the right key riders, Sagan, Haussler and van Avermaet.
Would have been better if I'd put in my team for stage 2 after watching stage 1, then I could have stuffed my team with all the best riders. Could be a strategy for these little tours in future??
What do people think?
Quite nice it's on late at night when the kids are in bed but to be honest I'd rather not have a distraction when a major tour like the Giro is on. Maybe next year just have little tours on when they don't clash with the big three.
- Manolo Saiz is selling his bike collection - want it?1 year 31 weeks agoIt's not about the bike!
It's not about the bike!
Looking at some of those mad Look Aero bikes that Jalabert rode makes me wonder what the landscape of cycling would look [no pun intended] like now were it not for the Muppets of Aigle.
- Vincero Design Stratus20 bottle/mount system1 year 31 weeks agosounds good to me, especially
sounds good to me, especially putting it back part
- Just in: Pretorius Outeniqua1 year 31 weeks agoAlmost chuffing gorgeous. Red
Almost chuffing gorgeous. Red decals on the wheels and groupset, blue brake pads and green, GREEN headset!? Headset and seatclamp should always match of course. What pedals are you putting on - yellow speedplays?
- Mass civil disobedience planned in London on day of Olympic men's road race1 year 31 weeks agoWhile I agree with some, if
While I agree with some, if not most, of the grievances these groups have, I do hope that they protest in such a manner that does not put those competing or volunteering at risk.
In fact, I would go so far to as to suggest that measures are brought in to impose very harsh fines and long jail terms for anyone convicted of a reckless act that injures a competitor.
- Cycle campaigners see red over IAM red light jumping survey1 year 31 weeks agoThe BBC pissed me off this
The BBC pissed me off this morning with their piece on it. They asked the lady from BC if she jumped lights. When she said no they then badgered her trying to get her to say yes, totally belittled her and basically accussed her of lying.
The fact the at cars encroachment into the ASL is technically RLJ was quickly ignored.
It's good to see the BBC taking such a neutral stance!
- Road Rage Ninja Woman 2: The Director's Cut1 year 31 weeks ago"+1 for nice arse "
"+1 for nice arse "
The cyclist's or the lady's?
- Road Rage Ninja Woman 2: The Director's Cut1 year 31 weeks agoShe isn't a hunt monitor she
She isn't a hunt monitor she is a hunt sab which is slightly different. I know because I've been discussing her activities with her on facebook. As for all this 'police are investigating' BS don't believe everything you hear. They are perfectly well aware of who she is.
Moreover this video was posted by Judy Gilbert - a hunt monitor. The hunt sab is on her friends list.
I'm really unconvinced by the arguments that this is right. Whatever the guy was doing it is wrong to simply shove people out of your way.
- My "exciting" Weekend1 year 31 weeks agoAgree, doesn't seem like a
Agree, doesn't seem like a panic attack - usually you'd cop all the emotional stuff as well (helplessness, crying, etc) - so unless it was a 'silent' panic attack it seems really odd. And that's one long panic attack!
Hope you get some answers and glad you are well after what must have been a scary day.
- Cycle campaigners see red over IAM red light jumping survey1 year 31 weeks agoThe comments section on the
The comments section on the Daily Wail's reporting of these "statistics" is really really depressing. I wonder how people that stupid are actually allowed to breed.
- Cycle campaigners see red over IAM red light jumping survey1 year 31 weeks agoTo be honest I'd say the
To be honest I'd say the numbers are understated. I ride to work in London every day, pass maybe 15-20 sets of lights and would say I see anywhere between 2-10 light jumpers every single morning and evening. I've also had the misfortune of going to court twice as a witness to RTA's caused by light jumpers (one a car jumping the light, and 1 a bike jumping the light).
Whilst the tone of the article is indeed inflammatory, cyclists are not blameless
- Cycle campaigners see red over IAM red light jumping survey1 year 31 weeks agoInterestingly, very few
Interestingly, very few motorist know that crossing the advance stop line into the cyclist reserved area (while the traffic light is red) counts as RLJ - I'm guessing many see it as 'optional' - i.e. OK to do so if a cyclist isn't using it.
And if you haven't been fed enough borrocks by the Daily Mail already
- Road Rage Ninja Woman 2: The Director's Cut1 year 31 weeks agoSo their protest is noble yet
So their protest is noble yet he is arrogant in making his? Hypocrisy alert
- Giro Stage 101 year 31 weeks agoPozzato's a gonner with a
Pozzato's a gonner with a broken hand
- Road Rage Ninja Woman 2: The Director's Cut1 year 31 weeks agoThe initial move of the girl
The initial move of the girl is th attempt to push the cyclists to the side of the road. In this sense it was a flawed tactic - there should have been 2 people in a pincher move who closed in and grabbed the handlebars, and keeping a slightly faster momentum would have than simply steered the bike to the side of the road, keeping shoulder to shoulder with the man on the bike. Seen that technique used by Royal Protection to 'steer' a guy with shotgun into the parcels office when royals got off train in highlands one each side walking same pace and close but not touching....
No doubt skilled peloton teams will have similar techniques for boxing in,,,
Given the video and length of time he was doing this a strong case for a charge of obstructing the highway, and possibly behavior liable to cause a breach of the peace
- Cycle campaigners see red over IAM red light jumping survey1 year 31 weeks agoI really don't know why you
I really don't know why you encourage people to visit the Mail or even quote it in articles like this. We all know it's a cesspit of boggle eyed reactionary trolls, why bother giving it the attention?
- Cycle campaigners see red over IAM red light jumping survey1 year 31 weeks agoLies, damned lies and
Lies, damned lies and statistics...
- campagnolo Zonda wheelset1 year 31 weeks agohi i would love to buy these
hi i would love to buy these wheels. is this campy 11 compatible? please drop me an email dongyoung86 gmail.com or a text 078 2525 0432 would love to make a payment asap. cheers
- Cycle campaigners see red over IAM red light jumping survey1 year 31 weeks agohow many motorists use their
how many motorists use their mobile whilst driving?
how many break the speed limit?
100% I reckon - or near as damn it.
when they drive perfectly, I'll start accepting some criticism.
- Cycle campaigners see red over IAM red light jumping survey1 year 31 weeks agoOops, that's my fault I put
Oops, that's my fault I put AIM in Simon's head