- Fizik launch all new and expanded cycle shoe range for 20131 year 24 weeks agoAlso pulling off the rare
Also pulling off the rare trick of being breathtakingly expensive yet looking like they cost about eight quid.
I'm sure the performance is world class, like the rest of their products, but those blue and silver sailcloth strappy jobs simply look ghastly. And whilst we're at it, if three three inch bits of sailcloth are so bloody expensive as to only appear on shoes costing £200+ how come yachters use bloody great sheets of it? The way Fizik carry on you'd think this stuff costs more per square foot than saffron.
- Euskaltel-Euskadi's Victor Cabedo killed in training crash in Spain1 year 24 weeks agoRIP.
Really don't think this
Really don't think this is the place for a discussion on copyright.
- Blooming Insects1 year 24 weeks agoI got a fly in my ear and was
I got a fly in my ear and was almost distracted enough to crash...
- Euskaltel-Euskadi's Victor Cabedo killed in training crash in Spain1 year 24 weeks agoIt's sad that another young
It's sad that another young athlete has been lost so soon after the accident involving Nevin Spence.
Also Gkam, have to agree with the others, as a part time photographer in the past where one of my images has been lifted from my Flickr page or website I've issued take down notices. It's the law, just because an image is on the internet doesn't make it free (its exactly the same as downloading movies/music without paying) and giving a photo credit doesn't make it 'alright'. Sadly many people don't understand this including the odd major newspaper...
- Aldi cycling offers1 year 24 weeks agoRaleigh wrote:+1 forRaleigh wrote:
+1 for decathlon. Going there this week!
Is Sohrabi a Decathlon man??
On a serious note, Would you look at the price of compression top and bottom's in size large? I don't have a store anywhere near me. There doesn't seem to be much of it on their site. Apart from this bargain I was going to order, but they don't deliver to my area .
- Olympic success has positive impact on motorists' view of cyclists, according to survey1 year 24 weeks agoThere seemed to be a more
There seemed to be a more tolerant climate from drivers after the TdF and the Olympics although the last two weeks I've noticed and slide back towards the pre olympic status quo of aggressive driving and impatience.
- Reflectors for clipless pedals1 year 24 weeks agoPersonally I feel that
Personally I feel that because my pedals are clipless they are incomplete without the shoes attached, my shoes have reflective strips on them and so I feel that as a complete unit they are adequate!
Not sure what the legal perspective on that would be!
- Blooming Insects1 year 24 weeks agoRule #5.......Just crunch and
Rule #5.......Just crunch and swallow with a little juice or whatever is in your bottle
- Cycle campaigner proposes 'London Drive to Work Day'1 year 24 weeks agoJohnS wrote:What if you don'tJohnS wrote:
What if you don't have (or want) access to a car, like a sizeable minority of Londoners? Walk down the roads?
book now with Addison Lee to beat the rush
- Euskaltel-Euskadi's Victor Cabedo killed in training crash in Spain1 year 24 weeks agoRIP, another life taken too
RIP, another life taken too early, thoughts are with his friends and family. How a split second can change your life, and those around you.
- Perhaps one of the worst cases of driver abuse I've seen1 year 24 weeks agoAndyJB wrote:I agreeAndyJB wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly with Some Fella, the cyclists almost justify being challenged solely because of their arrogance and actually got what they deserved. But may I point out that the events that lead up to the display of horn blowing were never shared with us and we are being asked to support the cyclists.
The riders have every right to be on the road and are not being antagonistic. The driver is behaving like an utter prat. What else is there to say?
- Aldi cycling offers1 year 24 weeks ago+1 for decathlon. Going there
+1 for decathlon. Going there this week!
- Aldi cycling offers1 year 24 weeks ago+1 for the socks. I have a
+1 for the socks. I have a number of pairs of varying thickness and all are great value.
It looks like they have redesigned the winter gloves. Will pop in to try a pair as I've been using the previous long finger gloves for several winters now. They're not warm enough for sub-zero rides but fine above, and they cost a pittance. Crane mitts are excellent value too.
The long sleeve jersey I bought went on ebay as it didn't fit me. I've tried other garments on in the shop and the same applies.
I think I saw some favourable reviews of the 30% merino base layer so might try one, though am inclined to think that the higher the proportion of wool the better it works so may just stick with my current favourites - Howies NBL and Endura BaaBaa.
The seat pack with allen multitool is fine but the track pump was junk. For other tools I'd buy branded gear.
- Euskaltel-Euskadi's Victor Cabedo killed in training crash in Spain1 year 24 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:Another great upGkam84 wrote:
Another great up and comer lost
My sentiments too. RIP Victor.
Gkam, you may not be fully informed about UK copyright law. road.cc is a commercial site and using a photo marked as copyright or not for repro etc is the same as lifting someone's article for financial gain. If a commercial website used a photo or other work of mine without permission they would receive a snotty letter and invoice post haste.
- Wiggo in 20131 year 24 weeks agoHe's obvs going to have a
He's obvs going to have a shot at Roubaix.
I mean, did anyone see him rocking a skinsuit last time?
- Ennello Alpe d' Huez Primo stem1 year 24 weeks agoYeah...
- Cycle campaigner proposes 'London Drive to Work Day'1 year 24 weeks agocould we make it a week
could we make it a week please?
- Olympic success has positive impact on motorists' view of cyclists, according to survey1 year 24 weeks agoPhill Jones, Motor.co.uk’s
Phill Jones, Motor.co.uk’s commercial director, said: “The onus is on the Government to facilitate cycling for the nation, and it is clear that conditions need to vastly improve before we really see the effects of this on Britain’s roads.
This is such a cop out. While better infrastructure is needed. Driver education and attitude seriously needs to be addressed. This last few days I have encountered some horriffic driving in quite a few months. One driver aaccused me of forcing him to break the speed limit when I challenged him for making an overtake with inches to spare. (The classic I'll race you to the red light move)
At some given point motorists and cyclists will interact and something needs to be done to sort that out.
- Cycle campaigner proposes 'London Drive to Work Day'1 year 24 weeks agodave_atkinson wrote:crikeydave_atkinson wrote:crikey wrote:
Hurrah! Another London based story....
I love hearing all about some place where I'm actually not. Do keep it up.
London's the capital city. a lot of stuff happens there. we could just not report it based on the fact that you don't live there, but that'd just make a bunch of other people cross. it's a balancing act.
Surely London's A capital city in the UK as opposed to THE capital city ....
- Wiggo in 20131 year 24 weeks agoOn a seperate note just had a
On a seperate note just had a text off my bro who is over watching the Worlds.
It seems Chavanel and Velits both been talking to Sky, is this the prelude of a swap for Cav ?
- Niterider MiNewt 600 Cordless Rechargeable Front Light1 year 24 weeks agoI've got one of these and now
I've got one of these and now the dawn is later it's proving quite useful. I'm using it on 'walking' mode at the mo. which it is claimed is good for 10 hours. Without doubt the best features are the all in one package and being able to charge it from a USB during the working day.
- Wiggo in 20131 year 24 weeks agoIt will be interesting to see
It will be interesting to see whether he goes for the Giro next year. If thats the case will this leave the Tour open to Froome to have a bash or will they keep Cav and let him go for the green jersey again.
I cant see Cav staying as i'm sure they will want to defend the Tour title.
- Euskaltel-Euskadi's Victor Cabedo killed in training crash in Spain1 year 24 weeks ago"Public domain" is one of the
"Public domain" is one of the most misunderstood concepts of copyright. And your definition of it shows you misunderstand it too. Public domain means the copyright has expired or been forfeited, not just that it's "on the internet".
The CC non-commercial licence also has a broader remit than you think.
Anyway, this is all off topic on a tragic story, so I'll leave it there.
- Euskaltel-Euskadi's Victor Cabedo killed in training crash in Spain1 year 24 weeks agoChutzpah wrote:
As an aside:Chutzpah wrote:
As an aside: Gkam84, you can't just take pics off the net and use them. No idea who owns the copyright on the bikezona.com pic and the flickr pic is marked as not for commercial use
I know you can't just take pictures and use them. The flickr is none commercial. I wouldn't say this article was for commercial gain though. Its a news story. You just have to attribute the original owner?
Also as its out there in the public domain. They really can't put claims to it. If you look on google, there are a few instances of that same photo. I just traced it to its origins
- FS Carlton giro ditalia frame £101 year 24 weeks agoSammyG wrote:Cheers for theSammyG wrote:
Cheers for the boost on the price Gkam! I'm happy with £23 as I'm clearing oot the house of non essentials before moving at the end of the month!!
Boost on the price Now that would be against Ebay's rules right......I was bidding to buy