- Le Tour Mediterranéen - Stage 11 year 5 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:None premiumsGkam84 wrote:
None premiums should not be playing this game, it should not be selectable.
I've emailed Dave, but it is almost 1am....
Lets hope they get chucked off the tour and it gets sorted
I can still see non premium teams in this comp and they are still scoring points , any news?
- Tour of Qatar - stage 61 year 5 weeks agoMight be a bit better today.
Might be a bit better today. At least seven scorers methinks
- Why I miss my Hemet-Cam1 year 5 weeks agoCan you keep us updated on
Can you keep us updated on how things go with the police (driving with undue care and attention) your claim for damages against the drivers insurers etc etc
- Bransons back Blaze laser-projection bike safety light1 year 5 weeks agoI backed the project on
I backed the project on Kickstarter and have one of the lights in my posession. Not great I'm afraid.
- Bransons back Blaze laser-projection bike safety light1 year 5 weeks agoWhat exactly did you
What exactly did you like/dislike about it out of curiosity?
- London Bike Show 2014: Parlee, Starley, NeilPryde, Cannondale, Singular and Primal1 year 5 weeks agoSome nice looking stuff.
Some nice looking stuff.
Lots of lovely disc brake equipped road bikes, but none with eyelets for mudguards! Why? They add little weight, there are aesthetically concealed versions available, and they would vastly broaden the appeal and usefulness of these bikes. Looks like most of these manufacturers still aren't thinking about those of us who live in Northern Europe and do ride our bikes even when the sun isn't shining.
- Bransons back Blaze laser-projection bike safety light1 year 5 weeks ago"People say we should have
"People say we should have separate cycle paths, but we haven’t got the space in the UK"
Not like those fortunate people in the Netherlands or Switzerland with their vast open spaces and low population density.
- Call for riders for 'Ghost Peloton' Tour de France Grand Départ cycling art project1 year 5 weeks agoAnd here I thought Froome's
And here I thought Froome's sequined yellow jersey last year was fashion forward or maybe sideways.
- Le Tour Mediterranéen - Stage 21 year 5 weeks agoScores are updating, green
Scores are updating, green arrows for me
- Bransons back Blaze laser-projection bike safety light1 year 5 weeks agoPeople say we should have
People say we should have separate cycle paths, but we haven’t got the space in the UK.
Sorry, but I'm out.
- Tour of Qatar - stage 61 year 5 weeks agoKept DeMare and Markus in,
Kept DeMare and Markus in, brought in Bennati and Guardini and didn't go for Greipel.
As Barry Markus got some youth points, I believe I have a full house badge.
- Campagnolo Vento Asymmetric wheels1 year 5 weeks agoAlloy nipples on training
Alloy nipples on training wheels + salty roads = seize.
- Drunk driver who broke cyclist’s leg escapes jail1 year 5 weeks agoi dont give a f**k about the
i dont give a f**k about the daughter, her dad is drink driving scum who is going to kill one day. what would we prefer, a daughter whos dad is being punished for bad behaviour on the roads, or dead people?
- 50mm aero wheels - advice appreciated1 year 5 weeks agoFile Transfer
File Transfer Protocol.
Anyway, how long do you have to hold it for, for it to be your FTP? 30 secs? 5 mins? 30 mins?
- Bransons back Blaze laser-projection bike safety light1 year 5 weeks agoSo - how exactly is this
So - how exactly is this supposed to work? (Sorry, it's a bit difficult to view the images so I may be missing something).
Drivers are supposedly looking at the surface of the tarmac - rather than looking out for cyclists etc. - and then see an image which most cyclists won't project, and then look back to where they were supposed to be looking, and, er....
Maybe it's just me.
- Le Tour Mediterranéen - Stage 21 year 5 weeks agoOooh, just noticed I also got
Oooh, just noticed I also got LR with Wyss - so should have the coveted Bookends badge!
- Just A Ride1 year 5 weeks agoLiberating read.
This is me,
This is me, going for a ride:
Stuffing my carcass into bib-tights, they seem to have shrunken somehow.Where the f*ck are the gloves. And knee-warmers. Should I take some more clothes with me? I'm out of the energy bars I like.These shoes are always too loose or too tight. Where is the HRM? Where is the strap? Should have put on the HRM before the jersey. The HRM was not working right on the last ride. Is the strap tight enough? Getting the bike out of the basement, and it's just as not-spacious as the last time. Forgot the water bottle up in the apartment. Forgot to use the pump. I have to take my cold weather gloves off to adjust the touch screen of the smartphone, glove won't come off. Dropped a glove. HRM wont sync with the phone.
By the time I'm ready to ride, my heart rate is already almost 90.
Usually, I calm down after a while on the bike.
Leaving the HRM at home and not ranting about the ride on the website for the social app afterwards makes all this a bit easier. Some times I also manage to convince myself that I don't have to try for new personal best and that I really don't have to be pushing harder or going further, today. Those rides are often quite pleasant. Not epic at all. Just nice.
- Le Tour Mediterranéen - Stage 21 year 5 weeks agoDNF NOCENTINI Rinaldo AG2R
DNF NOCENTINI Rinaldo AG2R La Mondiale
DNF EDET Nicolas Cofidis, Solutions Crédits
DNF BARBIER Rudy Roubaix - Lille Métropole
OTL GAWRONSKI Piotr CCC Polsat Polkowice
- Campagnolo Vento Asymmetric wheels1 year 5 weeks agoI have a campagnolo aero
I have a campagnolo aero alloy seatpin on my Shimano equipped bike cos it is the prettiest seatpin there is
- Le Tour Mediterranéen - Stage 21 year 5 weeks ago1,6,18,19 plus Pantano. Made
1,6,18,19 plus Pantano. Made no transfers, but if Nocentini has abandoned I'll have to bring someone else in for tomorrow.
So-so from my purist thus far. Having Degenkolb in has spared my blushes a bit as otherwise I think I've made a couple of expensive dud choices.
- Le Tour Mediterranéen - Stage 21 year 5 weeks agoofficial top 20 on stage,
official top 20 on stage, slight change to the earlier top 20
1 DEGENKOLB John Team Giant-Shimano
2 MARTINEZ Yannick Team Europcar
3 FONSECA Armindo Bretagne - Séché Environnement
4 COLBRELLI Sonny Bardiani - CSF
5 KREDER MichelWanty - Groupe Gobert
6 GAUTIER Cyril Team Europcar
7 BRUTT Pavel Team Katusha
8 SELVAGGI Mirko Wanty - Groupe Gobert
9 ROUX Anthony FDJ.fr
10 CHEREL Mikael] AG2R La Mondiale
11 FELLINE Fabio Trek Factory Racing
12 PINEAU Jérome IAM Cycling
13 JUNGELS Bob Trek Factory Racing
14 CHAVANEL Sylvain IAM Cycling
15 VANTOMME Maxime Roubaix - Lille Métropole
16 SANCHEZ GIL Luis Leon Caja Rural - Seguros RGA
17 CUMMINGS Stephen BMC Racing Team
18 BILBAO LOPEZ DE ARMIENTA Pello Caja Rural - Seguros RGA
19 LUDVIGSSON Tobias Team Giant-Shimano
20 GONçALVES Domingos Team La Pomme Marseille 13
- 50mm aero wheels - advice appreciated1 year 5 weeks agonotfastenough wrote:andypnotfastenough wrote:andyp wrote:
This thread should win a prize for featuring the snobbiest response of ALL TIME.
OP. Go buy your wheels. Ride your bike. Have fun.
So, who do you think wins? It appears to be a 2-horse race between valleys cyclist and angelfishsolo...
well... Valleys cyclist was reasonably polite with his/ her snobbery, angelfishsolo kind of jumped on the bandwagon afterwards..
I think now that the snobbery's been called, there might not be any more of it. I quite like the way the forum 'self-polices' in this way!
On a related note, I now want to find out what my 'FTP' is!
- Tour of Qatar - stage 61 year 6 weeks agoWorst day of the tour for me.
Worst day of the tour for me. Daftly traded out Eisel (for Van Staeyen). No Demare, no Benatti or indeed anyone in top ten. Could've been worse though - I had considered taking a penalty hit to bring in Greipel.
Not a bad day for my purist, though, as had Demare.
- Campagnolo Vento Asymmetric wheels1 year 6 weeks agofulcrum is owned by
fulcrum is owned by Campagnolo, do you want Campag wheels on your shimano/sram equipped bike?
Campags solution rebadge their wheels so you don't have to worry.
I am not sure if all the wheels are available from both but many are.
Shimano have some tie in with Pro, not as close I believe but again it keeps a bit of distance.
- London Nocturne race entries open1 year 6 weeks agoJust entered the folding
Just entered the folding race!
20" wheel size limit i'm afraid...
5.1 Only folding bikes with wheels sized 20 inch or less are permitted to race.
5.2 Permitted brands include Tern, Airnimal, Brompton, Dahon, Mezzo, Moulton, Strida and Xootr. If you wish to race on a different brand please contact the organisers to check if the bike is permitted to race.