• Just in: Culprit Croz Blade Di2 Disc1 year 6 weeks agoNo doubts it will be

    No doubts it will be interesting to get a few miles under the belt of this one. The weight does indeed seem to be an issue with discs. I'm guessing over the next year or so different grades (Tiagra, 105, ultega) will be issued with differing performance and cost. For now SRAM seem to have their anchors jammed on!

  • Some advice please - on purchasing a new road bike1 year 6 weeks agoIf your after new bike

    If your after new bike there's plenty on offer online.merlin cycles are offering BeOne storm bike for £449 with shimano sora triple.also leaves you money to get pedals

  • Madison Men's Road Race Apex jacket1 year 6 weeks agoYou claim a good fit, but to

    You claim a good fit, but to me it looks baggy and flappy. Good fit, for me at least, means fitted. Will sizing down solve this problem? Baggy means drag and lack of comfort/protection.

  • "Point-making" rider hits back at Jeremy Clarkson1 year 6 weeks agohmmm, Jeremy seems to be in

    hmmm, Jeremy seems to be in need of a publicity boost for some reason, suckered everyone into shouting his name again.

  • Argos-Shimano becomes Giant-Shimano for 2014 season + video1 year 6 weeks agoAgree with Will Steed, damn

    Agree with Will Steed, damn shame for Felt Bicycles.

  • Is it a wide bike lane? Is it a parking bay? Confusion reigns in Loughborough1 year 6 weeks agomaybe they did it on purpose.

    maybe they did it on purpose. thats a lot of tickets they can legitimately issue,. all the cars are on double yellow lines!

  • Bontrager introduce Velocis AW road helmet1 year 6 weeks agoI thought such detachable

    I thought such detachable covers were banned by the UCI? Cav's use of one on a Prevail to win worlds in Copenhagen was the final straw...

  • Some advice please - on purchasing a new road bike1 year 6 weeks agohave a look at Decathlon for

    have a look at Decathlon for the Red Triban 3 its £300 and in my opinion much better than anything else under £500, compare what you get on the £500 Boardman, the Triban still comes out on top, and £200 cheeper

    I use mine to train on, and have done a 100 miler on it with out any problems at all

  • Is it a wide bike lane? Is it a parking bay? Confusion reigns in Loughborough1 year 6 weeks agoOn enforcement: As I

    On enforcement:
    As I understand it, mandatory lanes shouldn't have double yellow lines, advisory ones can. Double yellows can be enfoced by local authority parking officers, but entering a bike lane as yet can't (there's actually legislation passed to allow LA enforcement of such infringements, but it hasn't been activated). So only police can issue tickets for entering mandatory cycle lanes. Where parking is a problem, therefore, an ACL with double yellows is a better solution- but not as good as a seperated lane and double yellows, as they apply from the centreline of the main carriageway all the way to the highway boundary, including any pavement, cycle way or verge.

  • Some advice please - on purchasing a new road bike1 year 6 weeks agoI'd bet you could do really

    I'd bet you could do really well second hand for that kind of money, unless a brand new warranty is really important (which would be nice to have). Don't get too hung up on carbon.

  • Fed up with the "woolly" shifting on my 105's...1 year 6 weeks agowent from apex/force to

    went from apex/force to Athena 11. Campag is crisp and exact, SRAM was,
    as noted, industrial and positive.

    Thinks of it like this ...
    Shimano you barely feel.
    Campag you get a click.
    SRAM you get a clunk.

    Of them all campag everytime but to get over the "softness" of 105 I think
    that SRAM will give you what you're after ....

  • "Point-making" rider hits back at Jeremy Clarkson1 year 6 weeks agoAyBee wrote:cycling is so

    AyBee wrote:
    cycling is so much quicker than driving in London so let him overtake and then go past with a smug face when he gets caught up in traffic.

    Except on my daily route cycle where cars always overtake me - despite me assertively taking primary - on a small uphill after a traffic light.

    What's really annoying is 50 metres later the road narrows, parked cars on both sides, modern cars too wide for our roads means the car that just revved past me is now stuck while he gingerly squeezes past the equally stuck oncoming traffic. The oncoming traffic can't move until the next sequence of lights so Mr Impatient has cost me five minutes for insisting on overtaking me.

  • Fed up with the "woolly" shifting on my 105's...1 year 6 weeks agoI moved over from Shimano to

    I moved over from Shimano to Campy on all of my bikes. Never looked back and never will

  • Madison Men's Road Race Apex jacket1 year 6 weeks agoMadison's sizing page refers

    Madison's sizing page refers to their fits - Muscle Fit, Function Fit and Relaxed Fit. All well and good, but the description of this jacket says 'tailored fit' - so what is it really? In fact a lot of Madison's clothing doesn't have any info about fit. I do wish manufacturers would be constant in the information they give out. I see this 'fit' issue time and again.

  • Tour de San Luis1 year 6 weeks agoI'm in Nibali 37.7 Cav

    I'm in Big Grin

    Nibali 37.7
    Cav 30.1
    D Diaz 3.0
    A Yates 4.7
    Quintana 35.3
    Richeze 18.4
    Rubiano 10.3
    Hondo 8.4
    Jurgen Van Den Broeck 15.4
    121.8

  • Dublin man sustains seven-week erection after crash-landing on bike top tube1 year 6 weeks agoThe old treatment for

    The old treatment for Priapism was a topical cream that had to be applied every few hours, but that kinda made the problem worse Rolling On The Floor

  • TfGM starts works that will transform cycling in part of Manchester city centre (+ videos)1 year 6 weeks agoTo reiterate - i could never

    To reiterate - i could never understand why cycles and buses are considered good bed (or path) fellows.
    It often seems that much effort is gone into creating bus lanes and cyclists are literally dumped into them because 'traffic engineers' dont know (or care) where else to put them.
    Its a bit like organising a child's swimming lesson in a shark tank.
    Not saying this is the case in this proposal - just making an observation

  • "Point-making" rider hits back at Jeremy Clarkson1 year 6 weeks agoAyBee wrote:Please tell me

    AyBee wrote:
    Please tell me you're joking?! We all love bikes here which is why we're on here, but JC lives in the Cotswolds, riding a bike into London is not practical from there.

    What about his place on the Isle of Man? Does he not live there?

    What about the penthouse he owns that he uses when he is in London for filming?

    Or the flat he bought after he got caught cheating on his missus?

    What about perhaps using one of his other vehicles?

    AyBee wrote:
    Think before you type stupid things!

    Hmmm.

  • road.cc Fantasy Cycling with Wiggle now open!1 year 6 weeks agoGreat news. Great fun with

    Great news. Great fun with this new badges.
    BTW : note it's not "Tour Meditareneen" but "Tour Méditerranéen" Wink

  • Bit of advice of shaving legs....? (16 y/o)1 year 6 weeks agoYou could also use some hair

    You could also use some hair removal cream, its a bit easier....

    As far as convincing your parents, its a difficult one to answer, but it really depends on your relationship with them, I think if you explain that its better when it comes to road rash as already mentioned, but its also better when you want to use embrocation cream

    if all else fails, show them this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t7fpG8Y-EM

  • Madison Men's Road Race Apex jacket1 year 6 weeks agoLovely, another product

    Lovely, another product that's seemingly impossible to purchase outside of the UK Sad

  • "Point-making" rider hits back at Jeremy Clarkson1 year 6 weeks agoTony wrote:Has anyone asked

    Tony wrote:
    Has anyone asked why Clarkson needed to use such a wide, lane hogging vehicle to transport just himself around London? If he'd been on something sensible for a single adult, like a bicycle for example, he would have had no problem. Its just his fixation on lugging three tonnes of metal and five empty seats around with him when he's on his own that is causing his problem.

    Please tell me you're joking?! We all love bikes here which is why we're on here, but JC lives in the Cotswolds, riding a bike into London is not practical from there. Think before you type stupid things!

  • 33shake Original Vanilla Chia energy gel1 year 6 weeks agobohrhead wrote:It's Chia, not

    bohrhead wrote:
    It's Chia, not Chai

    Thanks bohrhead. Typo corrected and error deleted.

    I'll get me specs.

  • "Point-making" rider hits back at Jeremy Clarkson1 year 6 weeks agoseven wrote:AyBee

    seven wrote:
    AyBee wrote:
    "taking the lane" is for safety, not controlling other cars because you, in your own opinion, "can keep up with traffic". Complete non-story because we only have one side of it...

    Keeping up with traffic is not a matter of "opinion". You're either moving at the same speed as the other traffic, or you're not. And taking the lane is absolutely for safety BECAUSE it is a method of controlling the behaviour of following traffic; the two are not mutually exclusive.


    Of course it is, I've sat behind people who sit in the middle of the lane because they think they're keeping up with traffic only to get annoyed because they're holding me up (I'm talking cyclist vs cyclist here). There's a fine line between taking the lane for safety and holding up traffic, I can't see JC getting annoyed with a bike that had a car infont of it because he'd have had nowhere to go once he'd got past (JC isn't stupid) and the article quite clearly (from the rider's view) states that JC was behind him down all those roads he named. Sounds very much to me like he was "taking the lane" when it would have been perfectly easy to move over and let him through. Let's face it, cycling is so much quicker than driving in London so let him overtake and then go past with a smug face when he gets caught up in traffic.

  • Madison Men's Road Race Apex jacket1 year 6 weeks agohttp://www.madison.cc/sizing

    http://www.madison.cc/sizing