- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoSorry for any caps Faux pas.
Sorry for any caps Faux pas. Doodgy tab.
I Amm having A Giro Shockker. So ignore mypiccks of
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoCoverage about to (finally)
Coverage about to (finally) start.
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks ago1 A. Dowsett 1:16:27
1 A. Dowsett 1:16:27
2 L. Durbridge +35
3 J. Sergent +2.00
4 D. Cataldo +3.24
5 S. Tuft +3.40
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoInfostrada live (ish)
Infostrada live (ish) leaderboard :-
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoWell I give up on today, need
Well I give up on today, need a Hesjedal/Wiggo 1-2 and Santambrogio to pull something out now.
I had Phinney from day 1 so can't complain about that but should have gone Dowsett over Sergent
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoI think Gavazzi is a shoe in
I think Gavazzi is a shoe in for the Lanterne Rouge
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoPhinney 2:12 behind Dowsett?
Phinney 2:12 behind Dowsett? Knew I should have shuffled for a few extra credits and gone for Beñat.
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoI
If I'd done my research I'd have probably not have had Phinney, in favour of Sergeant and Boaro (for Ludvigsson). I haven't really been following so didn't know about him having a fever.
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks ago1 M. Belkov Katyusha
1 M. Belkov Katyusha 1:27:57
2 L. Pichon FDJ +5:14
3 M. Mínguez Euskaltel +5:37
4 J. Bobridge Blanco +6:25
5 R. Andriato Vini Fantini +9:23
6 M. Gavazzi Androni Giocatt. +11:37
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoINTXAUSTI
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoDowsett fastest thru 1st
Dowsett fastest thru 1st check
1.18 over Sergent
Phinney 2.12 off the pace
- Lezyne Look Mum No Sleep! overnight Audax set for July1 year 11 weeks ago£22? And you don't even get
£22? And you don't even get any food thrown in? Nuts to that. Sounds like yet another rip-off. I'll be out on another night ride anyway. One that cost me a whole two quid (plus CTC associate membership).... fnrttc.blogspot.com
Michophull- you clearly have absolutely no idea what you're on about. Many, many people do night rides (and 200, 300, 400 and longer audaxes) without issues.
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoAccording to Diretta, the
According to Diretta, the first starter Bobridge started 10 mins later than planned, so if you have a list of start times I think you should put them all back 10 mins.
The sun is shining
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoMade a couple of changes for
Made a couple of changes for today but also making sure i can make easier changes for tomorrow. 20 penalties points today also. Not overly confident in today as after the last couple of days i'm not sure there are any obvious riders for today!? Although thinking Evans is looking farely sharp at the moment
Wiggins (for Viviani)
Tuft (for Paolini)
Intxausti (Di Luca)
Ludvigsson (for Cattaneo)
Made all my transfers as soon as the transfer deadline changed yesterday. Was kinda fool hardy but worked out ok. Could've gone crazy with more penalty points but felt i'd only be bringing riders in i'd have to get rid of tomorrow for more penalties.
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoOf the under-15-credits guys,
Of the under-15-credits guys, I would go for Dowsett myself. Can't squeeze him in tho with the other guys I've got...
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoray silvester wrote:Looksray silvester wrote:
Looks like Wilco could be my ace in the hole.....White Jersey tonight?
Could be, although he's young and I'm not sure he's ever done such a long TT before.
- Lezyne Look Mum No Sleep! overnight Audax set for July1 year 11 weeks agomichophull, you need to get
michophull, you need to get out more.
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoLooks like Wilco could be my
Looks like Wilco could be my ace in the hole.....White Jersey tonight?
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoWiggins
- Disc brakes v rim brakes: which are more aero?1 year 11 weeks agoIf I read this correctly, the
If I read this correctly, the rim wheels were built with aero bladed spokes, but the disk wheels were built with round spokes. Why on earth did they introduce an unnecessary difference between the wheels? Now we can't tell whether it was the spokes or the brake system that caused the drag difference. Duh!
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoI have gone for Wiggins
I have gone for Wiggins because he's not one to give up and even off form he's still got a chance of winning this stage.
Wiggins (for Pirazzi)
Nibali (for Rubiano)
Boaro (for Santambrogio)
Di Luca (for Paolini)
Battaglin (for Rabottini)
I reckon Evans is going well and has the ability to do a long TT better than some and Nibali is getting better and should go well in the rain. Boaro finished well down yesterday in preparation for today so I'm hoping he's targeting a solid ride today.
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agohaven't gone for wiggo.
haven't gone for wiggo. vaughters reckons (on twitter) he's got the same bug as cataldo, plus i reckon he's bruised his elbow which will make a long tt a massively uncomfortable experience. and it's going to rain.
so he'll probably boss it today
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agoTERatcliffe26 wrote:Ive goneTERatcliffe26 wrote:
Ive gone for Wiggo in the end
Wiggo (for Ventoso)
Sergent (for Pirazzi)
Ludvigsson (for Paolini)
This could go drastically wrong!
Amongst the TT'ers I've got Durbridge,Kelderman and Kiserlovski against your Phinney,Sergent and Hesjedal in the battle for Forum's Scorum's 4th place.
Went for Kiserlovski over Phinney due to
1)It would have meant Tuft instead of Durbo in terms of cost
2)Phinney's fever......although he's showed good fighting spirit this season so maybe he's fought through it
3)GC points today and on-going....should move up the top 10 a bit today whereas Phinney at an hour behind won't be getting any competition standing points in this tour
4)I've got a feeling Phinney may abandon on the rest day
- Giro Stage 7 reaction: Sky and Astana on crashes that open up big gap between Nibali and Wiggins1 year 11 weeks agoUran & Henao obviously did
Uran & Henao obviously did the right thing. Character has to be exhibited not only by the riders though but by the Team managers as well. If Sky had decided to switch from Wiggo to Uran mid-race it would show nothing but contempt for their riders and their own policy. No one would want to ride for them and they would be a source of derision in the peleton and with the viewing public. Like Brailsford says you have to take it on the chin and get on with it. I agree Wiggo is not a typical stage winner (whatever that means); he doesn't have the sprinting pace nor does he have the ability to burst off on the climbs. However, GC is about managing your weaknesses and capitalising on your strengths. Wiggos strength is time trialling, which, correct me if I'm wrong, is always part of the Grand Tours, and as he has steadied his ability on Cat1 & HC climbs he puts himself in with a shot.
Just because Wiggo has had a set back doesn't mean he is out of it and for people to write that the Colombians should suddenly jump ship and do their own thing says more about the lack of character in those writers than it does about Wiggins inability to confidently ride down a steep wet road.
- Giro Stage 81 year 11 weeks agocheers for the pointers guys,
cheers for the pointers guys, might trade visconti for Boaro