- FOR SALE: Specialised Langster & MKS pedals1 year 10 weeks agoYour luck is in-I haven't
Your luck is in-I haven't tried to sell it other than on this site so it is still available.
- Tour de France Stage 131 year 10 weeks agoChavenal and Terpstra with
Chavenal and Terpstra with Cavs, Bodnar with Sagan and Bennetti in the front group too, looks like it's between those three for the stage.
- Tour de France Stage 131 year 10 weeks agoBrilliant day! Paxobank
Brilliant day! Paxobank stuffing it to Sky, but Cavs and the Tourminator made it to a breakaway of 12 or so who now have 30 secs with Valverde group now almost 5 mins behind.
- Two arrested after Wolverhampton hit-and run death of 74-year old cyclist1 year 10 weeks agoBet they're running scard of
Bet they're running scard of the £350 fine thats coming their way.
- Tour de France Stage 131 year 10 weeks agoyea all go today, cav n sagan
yea all go today, cav n sagan still in front group
- Tour de France Stage 131 year 10 weeks agoblimey.following on
blimey.following on twittersphere- chaoes in the crosswinds! now froome dropped, 10 sec down on mollema/contador. someone give me a telly!!
- Tour de France Stage 131 year 10 weeks agoValverde/Kittel group down
Valverde/Kittel group down over two minutes now with 35km to go Porte blown out of front group Goss,Van Poppel and Wouts didn't make the front group, Moviestar chewed up a lot of riders trying to make back the gap, they only have Quintana in the first group.
- Video: Canadians win long-unclaimed $250,000 prize for pedal-powered helicopter1 year 10 weeks agoBrilliant, human inventivness
Brilliant, human inventivness at its best
- A Sportive breakfast1 year 10 weeks agoWhat you eat and drink during
What you eat and drink during the event - little and often BTW - is far more important than what you eat beforehand, both the quality as well as the quantity.
I would avoid processed breakfast cereals cereal bars, they'll just give you a sugar spike and no sustained energy. Try a good quality muesli or granola, adding a chopped apple/pear/banana, dried apricots & raisins or sultanas and some nuts & seeds. Soak it in milk or juice.
@dunnoh - a pint of SIS Rego before you start? Yikes!!!
- FOR SALE: Specialised Langster & MKS pedals1 year 10 weeks agoHighly unlikely, but is this
Highly unlikely, but is this still available?
- A Sportive breakfast1 year 10 weeks agoI am not an a real expert but
I am not an a real expert but I would have thought what you had was a bit too surgery and rice pudding probably sits in the high GI type of rice.
Cereal bars are packed with sugar and I would avoid them too.
Don't neglect eating on the bike too. I try and have a mouth ful of something every 20 mins, starting with complex carbs working towards high GI shots etc as the ride goes on. Try one bottle water and a second bottle electrolyte or energy drink too, makes a big difference to me how I feel during and after rides.
- Crash related advice1 year 10 weeks agoWell, I'm not going to cry
Well, I'm not going to cry over £15 but I am going to keep harassing her for it text. I'm off to France now for 10 days to climb Ventoux, and I want to enjoy it. May send a slightly bitchier text when I return.
I think this incident has taught me that if I'm in any sort of collision with a motorist in future I'm going to call the police sooner rather than later. It was luck rather than judgement that it wasn't worse (fairly sure I ended up on the wrong side of the road trying to avoid her), and I'm fed up with drivers thinking it's ok to not see cyclists. If involving the police achieves nothing other than my money back and a waste of their time that's a start.
- A Sportive breakfast1 year 10 weeks agoPorridge with dried fruit and
Porridge with dried fruit and honey I'm afraid. Then a pint of SIS Rego just before I start. Some gels and snickers and whatever I can lay my hands on later on
- Tour de France Stage 131 year 10 weeks agoEveryone will have Kittel so
Everyone will have Kittel so not too disappointed myself althouth I have him in my purist team too.
Costa is with Valverde that is not good and they are over a minute down now.
- Tour de France Stage 131 year 10 weeks agoCrosswinds!
Valverde and Kittel dropped. lots of fun on the Tours most boring stage!
- Tech Roundup: Focus, Zipp, Look, Polar, clothing, stickers and all sorts1 year 10 weeks agoI didn't climb Mont Ventoux
I didn't climb Mont Ventoux all I got was this lousy t-shirt.
so how many new t-shirt brands are there all trying to work the 'retro / heritage 'thing'?
- Video: Canadians win long-unclaimed $250,000 prize for pedal-powered helicopter1 year 10 weeks agoWhen will it be available to
When will it be available to purchase from Wiggle?
- Pants with Meat!1 year 10 weeks agoHave you heard of a new
Have you heard of a new wonder material called 'lycra.' It makes your legs and bum look great, it protects you at high speed by giving you a feeling of invincibility like Superman.
- Crash related advice1 year 10 weeks agofarrell wrote:SammyGfarrell wrote:SammyG wrote:
Let it go, don't get yourself wound up about £15.
Bollocks to that, it seems that is was luck rather than judgement that the incident wasn't worse.
Head round to their house and put a bin through their windscreen and tell them you are skint and can't pay for another year and see how they react then.
- O-symetric chain rings free!!!!1 year 10 weeks agoI think it's more likely that
I think it's more likely that they're going to get stock in or have run out of stock and the page is a placeholder; you often see this with mobile phones.
Obviously I could be wrong and it'd be awesome if you do get them - coincedentally you can rent Q-rings from distributors for a £10 deposit and you get to try them for a week.
- Disc equipped Do-It-All bike1 year 10 weeks agoOr the Kinesis Pro6. Like the
Or the Kinesis Pro6. Like the Tripster, but with a slightly racier geometry. I use it for cyclocross, commuting, Audaxing and I'm sure would be fine on club runs.
- Video: Canadians win long-unclaimed $250,000 prize for pedal-powered helicopter1 year 10 weeks agoFair play, 250k at stake and
Fair play, 250k at stake and they're still not afraid to weight it down with a few GoPros...
- UCI President Pat McQuaid regrets(again) accepting Lance Armstrong donation1 year 10 weeks agoOh what a tangled web we
Oh what a tangled web we weave...
- British rider Liz Dimmock aims to break round-the-world cycling record1 year 10 weeks agoHoward: you've cherry-picked
Howard: you've cherry-picked the images to suit your point a bit there, for the most part Juliana was unsupported. she had some support on the US leg, and that was it, i think. And i'm not sure buying a night in a hotel room makes a ride any more unsupported than buying food at a supermarket does.
http://julianabuhring.com/world-cycle for more details of that ride.
zanf - she'll need to spend a lot on the attempt to top the £1m she's hoping to raise. Her setup seems quite extravagant but I'm guessing the sponsors aren't asking her to pay for the jags and condor bikes and such, since that's what being a sponsor means. who knows if she'll get the £1m though. For the record Sayarer was never awarded the title; his ride was never ratified by Guinness so far as I'm aware.
Totally agree that there should be two separate records, although it's also fair to say that i don't believe Buhring would qualify for the unsupported one were that to be the case. Unless there was a stipulation of *how much* of it was unsupported, and enough of hers was. Guinness probably haven't split it because to be honest it's a bit of a minefield. the whole thing's a mess really: Guinness changed the rules recently so it's now total travel time so currently I think Alan Bate technically holds the record even though Mike Hall's ride was quicker.
Sure, the two things are different. but a 150-day holiday? Come on.
Kind of agree with ScotchPotch on some points although laying all the ills of HSBC/KPMG/global capitalism at the feet of Liz seems a bit of an overreaction. There's certainly an argument that without the global meddling of HSBC and their ilk there'd be a lot less need for charities such as War Child, which is kind of ironic. But still, I wish Liz all the best with her ride.
- Amusing moment of the day.1 year 10 weeks agocheers guys I'll have a look
cheers guys I'll have a look around