- Emma Way update: She says it was cyclist's fault + videos1 year 11 weeks agoThe "95mph" and "photo of car
The "95mph" and "photo of car holding me up" tweets don't really sit well with her version, so they? Is it not an offence to use a handheld phone whilst driving? So there are two proven offences, plus the enquiry into the incident, which the Daily Mail had the affront to call an "accident". It will be interesting to see how this develops. A fine and a few pints, maybe. Silly girl. A bit of retraining and adjusment of attitude required there, as she is right in the middle of the 17-25 age group, one where the biggest cause of death and serious injury is road crashes.
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 191 year 11 weeks agoAll Di Luca's points will
All Di Luca's points will need to be taken out now, this could change the game
- Twit-&-run - Now it's the cyclist's fault!1 year 11 weeks agoThe tweet will damn her,
The tweet will damn her, unless she drives an italian tank
- Twit and run girl EmmaWay 20 breaks her silence to say sorry (sort of)1 year 11 weeks agoColin Peyresourde wrote:WhatColin Peyresourde wrote:
What Toby Hockley said:
Seems a decent bloke and very measured in his response, even when pressed by the journalist (pressed even harder than Emma was IMHO).
I had to turn off the second load of lies she is spouting as I need my computer. As I have said before nothing will come of it and she has learned nothing.
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 191 year 11 weeks agoWas zero points all round
Was zero points all round when a stage of the Tour of the Med was cancelled earlier in the year.
We'd just need to know what happens with transfers at some point, as it would also affect what we do tomorrow...
- Lack of Lycra Lout? Police stop cyclist not wearing "appropriate clothing" on suspicion of stealing bike1 year 11 weeks agomancsi wrote:Anyone based inmancsi wrote:
Anyone based in or around Manchester could go to popupbikes on Corporation Street. Free and instant! Plus good Mancunian roasted coffee!
Coffee being grown in Manchester? Global warming must be accelerating! Seriously, it's a good idea, anything that can help is positive. If bike theft is increasing, and police are taking it seriously (good for them), then cycling is really in the public eye. Excellent.
- Giro stage 19 cancelled due to snow1 year 11 weeks agoThey should line Di Luca up
They should line Di Luca up and pelt him with snowballs then finish him up under a plow. Thankfully another 'old guard' out of the sport and about time to.
- Giro stage 19 cancelled due to snow1 year 11 weeks agoThis is not good for Riggo
This is not good for Riggo
- Giro stage 19 cancelled due to snow1 year 11 weeks agoI think Nibali had won the
I think Nibali had won the Giro regardless of whether they had this stage and tomorrow's cancelled or not. I was however looking forward to the battle between Betancur and Majka for the young riders classification
- Di Luca fails ANOTHER doping test1 year 11 weeks agoGiven that stage 19 has been
Given that stage 19 has been cancelled, maybe the riders could all have a "slap Di Luca with an old chamois" day?
- Giro Prize Suggestion1 year 11 weeks agoCancellation of Stage 19
Cancellation of Stage 19 should swing it back a bit so it's not as big an advantage?
- TT bike vs aero wheels1 year 11 weeks agoyou could save 1:47 on your
you could save 1:47 on your current time (theoretically) with:
Zipp 900 - £1237
Zipp 808 - £855
cervelo p5 - £4000
- Garmin Edge 510 Performance Bundle1 year 11 weeks agosneakerfrfeak wrote:You cansneakerfrfeak wrote:
You can pick up the 500 Performance Bundle for a shade over £140, i really can't imagine why you'd shell out another £160 to get the 510.
Like to know where you can find it for that price. Cheapest I've seen is around £180
- Forum's Scorum's Mini League1 year 11 weeks agochiv30 wrote:My purist teamchiv30 wrote:
My purist team has been hit badly with 3 riders pulled out so I'd expect to finish outside top 3 tbh ,
On the plus side, my decision to gamble and stick with Sanchez and Di Luca have bumped me back to 3rd in the Giro comp and given me hope of consolidating
famous last words on DiLuca!!
- Giro game - pick three Italians1 year 11 weeks agoDamn, so no points in this
Damn, so no points in this competition, but for the normal competition, the rules are stated as follows:
If a rider is disqualified or suspended then they won't score any points for the stage in which they were disqualified. Their other points from other stages will remain in the game.
So yesterday's points should still stand for Di Luca, and all other points. But no future points and nothing in the "pick three Italians"
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 191 year 11 weeks agoI'm assuming no points for
I'm assuming no points for the stage, and if you haven't yet made transfers you can now carry them over. But tomorrow has to look unlikely now too. What a shame as there would surely have been big attacks and lots of excitement.
- Giro game - pick three Italians1 year 11 weeks agoThe rules for this 'Pick 3
The rules for this 'Pick 3 Italians' game say that anyone who fails to finish doesn't score.
In the main game i'm not sure.....perhaps we need some clarification on DiLuca(and Sylvain Georges for that matter)....Frank Schleck's points were DEFINITELY deducted once he tested positive at Le Tour.
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 191 year 11 weeks agoDamn...Just made my transfers
Damn...Just made my transfers before seeing that it has been cancelled.....Would be a good idea if all transfers for the stage were reset as this would suit me...
- Red Driving school is looking for your views on new drivers and cyclists1 year 11 weeks agoLike they say, work out what
Like they say, work out what results you want, then ask the right questions to get those results. One of these Red drivers tried to run me off the road yesterday in Mitcham. Incredibly aggressive driving from someone that should be a driving example.
- Red Driving school is looking for your views on new drivers and cyclists1 year 11 weeks agoRed is a national franchise
Red is a national franchise scheme (a friend of mine learnt to be an instructor with them but now works independently). There's not a lot of standardisation amongst instructors, some will put focus on cyclists, others won't; its really down to the individual instructor.
I had an incident with a learner in a Red car a few weeks back whilst commuting. Performed a very slow, close, nervous overtake in heavy traffic. I was a good 4 or 5 feet out so had room to escape but he then went on to overtake a couple of school children who were riding in the gutter. He was no more than 6 inches from them - its was frightening to watch. I remonstrated with him shortly afterwards in traffic, attempting to indicate that he was perhaps a little too close.
Interestingly, I saw the instructor a few days later, driving on his own. He pulled alongside at the lights and recognised me. He wound down the window and we had a nice chat, with him apologising and asking for forgiveness for his pupil as he'd only had a couple of lessons.
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 191 year 11 weeks agoSo what do we do now?? I
So what do we do now?? I haven't done my st19 transfers yet and 1hr to go!!!
- Giro stage 19 cancelled due to snow1 year 11 weeks agoMattT53 wrote:In other newsMattT53 wrote:
In other news Di Luca positive for EPO. FFS.
- Giro d'Italia Stage 18: Nibali puts Evans to the sword in mountain time trial1 year 11 weeks agoNot only Nibali riding out of
Not only Nibali riding out of his skin, Danilo di Luca now found to have been on EPO, after impressing many pundits.
- Giro stage 19 cancelled due to snow1 year 11 weeks agoIn other news Di Luca
In other news Di Luca positive for EPO. FFS.
- Giro stage 19 cancelled due to snow1 year 11 weeks agokitkat wrote:They should havekitkat wrote:
They should have a team snowball fight, might shake the rankings up a bit
In cleated shoes!