- Team Sky on Garmin for 20141 year 5 weeks ago810 are for fat old men doing
810 are for fat old men doing sportives, at least stick to the 500, they should be racing not looking at the ipad sized screen put in front of them, marginal loses
- UPDATE: Police looking into moped rider caught on cam trying to kick London cyclist1 year 5 weeks agoQuote:There's a distinctQuote:
There's a distinct whiff of victim blaming in most of these sorts of comments.
What some people don't seem to realise I that no matter whether the cyclist is right or wrong to be in that position on the road, attempting to knock them off is NEVER right. I'm not going to state my opinion based on 30 seconds of video - maybe he's looking to move into the right lane after the lorry has passed, maybe there was a whole row of potholes a few seconds earlier. Who knows or cares?!
If someone was ambling right down the middle of the supermarket aisle, would you kick them into the tinned beans just to get past? Why is it any different on the road? There shouldn't be any debate about whether the cyclist was in the right or not. Or indeed whether he's "activated his core"...
- Paignton gets brand new closed road cycling circuit1 year 5 weeks agoawesoooooome!
- Road Rags Clerkenwell women's merino jersey1 year 5 weeks agoAnother quality review from
Another quality review from road.cc, lots of useful attention to actual details of fit and finish.
125 is steep, but it is merino, and looks incredibly well designed and finished. 40 quid will get a horrible, stinky plastic top with short sleeves and dodgy colours which will last a couple of seasons. Merino well looked after can last for many years.
Going to show this to the wife now and see if she wants one.
- Sustrans blasts "incredibly dangerous" cycle lane - but councillor says cyclists should be "grateful" for it1 year 5 weeks agoCllr Clive Darke has the
Cllr Clive Darke has the right idea, hopefully Ap Rees uses his cack infrastructure and can be buried under the tennis courts ASAP
- UPDATE: Police looking into moped rider caught on cam trying to kick London cyclist1 year 5 weeks agoseven wrote:Whirlioseven wrote:Whirlio wrote:
Better would be to concentrate on activating your core so your upper body doesn't waggle around so much
Kelcha was too polite to say it, but I'm not: In the context of the rest of your comment, have you any idea how much of an ar5ehole that statement makes you look?
You're saying what many of us are thinking.
There's a distinct whiff of victim blaming in most of these sorts of comments. If I'm feeling charitable then I assume that the poster is trying to reassure themself that "it couldn't happen to me because I $insert-magic-here". If I'm feeling grumpy then I suspect that the poster is lacking in intelligence or morals.
I've got to say that "activating your core" is a good one, must be something that people do after aligning their chakras.
- Sugoi’s new Zap jacket takes reflectivity to the next level1 year 5 weeks ago'At night, you really need a
'At night, you really need a combination of refective panels and bright material.'
No, you really need lights. Decent ones, not pathetic little flashing things which give off the same light as an epileptic firefly.
Reflectives are secondary. If you're relying on reflectives to be seen, you need to look at your lighting.
- Eat yourself fit - Nutrition for weight loss1 year 5 weeks agoIs there any scientific
Is there any scientific evidence that not eating after 8pm helps reduce weight?
I'd be interested to read the articles (or better still, a systematic review) on that topic.
- New bike conundrum. De Rosa Merak EPS vs Canyon CF SLX 9.0 PRO1 year 5 weeks agoThanks for the advice! I'm
Thanks for the advice! I'm going for zeros if I buy the Merak as Quattros are too heavy. Appreciate your comments.
- Video: Brazilian man drives almost four miles with dying cyclist in windscreen1 year 5 weeks agoFucking ginormous levels of
Fucking ginormous levels of irony and hipocrasy in this thread, if you watch the news and dont turn over when someone who is not yr friends/ family is killed, when you read this article and look at the pics or video - do you think magic camera fairies took those pictures, what about journalists - are they all in poor taste?
That you are here reading this article means these people taking pictures are no worse than you, if you can't understand that then you need to think a bit harder.
- Sugoi’s new Zap jacket takes reflectivity to the next level1 year 5 weeks agoMiles253 wrote:What a greatMiles253 wrote:
What a great idea, step in the right direction and cheap ish too, anybody know the overshoes? I want glowing feet too
Search for sugio zap overshoes, several retailers selling them. Cheapest is £32 though
- New bike conundrum. De Rosa Merak EPS vs Canyon CF SLX 9.0 PRO1 year 5 weeks agoRecord is two steps above
Record is two steps above Athena. If you can do without electronic shifting go for the Canyon.
I have a Canyon Ultimate AL (Athena mechanical) and is is brilliant, comfortable and fast. I've never ridden a DeRosa of any description.
- Rear wheel pulling out of dropouts1 year 5 weeks agoIt's a bodge but el cheapo
It's a bodge but el cheapo bikes have a tabbed washer that goes underneath the wheel axle nut and the tab goes into a slot in the dropout. Brompton from wheels too I think. Could you do something similar - a nice meaty QR skewer and some tabbed washers. Perhaps some local engineering place could make summat up. An MTB skewer may be suitable as it's a bit longer as mtb hub spacing is wider. (?)
- Eat yourself fit - Nutrition for weight loss1 year 5 weeks agoI always liked to go running
I always liked to go running for an hour or so before breakfast. When I started cycling again I did the same. I'd usually cycle for an hour then have a shot blok, and that would be enough to get me home.
Depending on how far I ride, I either eat some carbs e.g. 3 dates before I go, or don't eat anything and then refuel after an hour.
A lot depends on the meal I had the night before. If I ate more than I should have it's not a problem to go out before eating, but if I'm hungry so be it. Also not eating after 8pm also helps to control weight.
My biggest problem is my family's crazy schedule and eating habits and trying to fit that in with my cycling/refueling/rest/cycling...
- Video: The Quiet Season - A Cycling Short Film1 year 5 weeks agoLooks like Rapha met up with
Looks like Rapha met up with Apple and have a video party. However, it does make me want to get out and ride - although the british version may be a little different. Lots of lens wiping, near misses, shouting, beeping horns etc.
- Getting set up for the season1 year 5 weeks agoA good bike fit is essential,
A good bike fit is essential, although sticking to the basic principles should be good enough for most without shelling out a small fortune.
I remember raising my brother's seat and seeing how amazed he was he smashed all of his PBs instantly because he was now able to make best use of his power. But then he was riding his road bike like some teenager on a BMX!
- Sustrans blasts "incredibly dangerous" cycle lane - but councillor says cyclists should be "grateful" for it1 year 5 weeks agoThe times I've ridden out of
The times I've ridden out of Weston back to Bristol I have used Eldon Road/Wick Road which bypasses the motorway junction and brings you out on the A370 1.5 miles up the road.
- Sugoi’s new Zap jacket takes reflectivity to the next level1 year 5 weeks agoGrahamH wrote:nothing new,GrahamH wrote:
nothing new, Rohan flashback from the 1980's.
This was the first thing I thought of when I read the article - I remember the in house rag boasting that you would "light up like the archangel Gabriel" whilst wearing it !
- New bike conundrum. De Rosa Merak EPS vs Canyon CF SLX 9.0 PRO1 year 5 weeks agoHi Jon,
A happy conundrum you
A happy conundrum you are faced with - both excellent bikes. I know it's an obvious thing for me to say, but the DeRosa is a little more exclusive than the Canyon, although there is no argument that the Canyons represent very good value for money.
I wondered if you'd seen this DeRosa we have:
There is a video of it on the link.
It has the spec you're after with the Racing Quattros.
We have bikes with EPS and Di2 on them and we've found both to be equally reliable in all weathers. Both are smooth change and are an excellent component on any road bike.
There is never going to be an end to the argument of Shimano vs Campagnolo vs SRAM. They all build their components to the best specification they can within the price point their "bean counters" obligate on them.
At Athena EPS and Ultegra Di2 level, they're both equally efficient, effective and reliable. At least in our experience anyway.
Good luck with your search and decision making.
- Road Rags Clerkenwell women's merino jersey1 year 5 weeks agoFor what it is, and the
For what it is, and the quality of material used - £120 is pretty good value. The only thing that puts me off some of their men's Merino is how prominent the logo is - be better if if was just on the label inside.
- Rear wheel pulling out of dropouts1 year 5 weeks agoor this'n is a bit cheaper
or this'n is a bit cheaper and less specifically for carbon
- Rear wheel pulling out of dropouts1 year 5 weeks agoJack Osbourne snr wrote:
DaveJack Osbourne snr wrote:
Dave - what is this magical anti slip compound of which you speak? Tell me more
this kind of thing:
there's different variants but basically they contain particles to give a better grip between surfaces. designed for carbon components that you don't want to overtighten, but might be of use in your case too
- New bike conundrum. De Rosa Merak EPS vs Canyon CF SLX 9.0 PRO1 year 5 weeks agoAgreed. Aero wheels are out
Agreed. Aero wheels are out of the equation.
- TDU Stage 1 under threat from bushfires1 year 5 weeks agoyes, saw that. not great
yes, saw that. not great news, but it is what it is...
- New bike conundrum. De Rosa Merak EPS vs Canyon CF SLX 9.0 PRO1 year 5 weeks agoCanyon are terrific value,
Canyon are terrific value, and if you're doing a lot of climbing and club runs the Mavic wheelset is a very good match. I'm not convinced aero wheels are a good choice for an all-round bike.
Also, having spoken candidly with some mechanics they say that EPS is still problematic. If you want electronic shifting Di2 is much more reliable.