- Giro Stage 101 year 11 weeks agorcorbin wrote:JAndrewHillrcorbin wrote:JAndrewHill wrote:JAndrewHill wrote:
OK, I have axed SKY riders...ie Wiggo.
Can't see SKY winnng it today...its too soon...they'll make sure they don't lose time to other contenders and follow Nibali in...I hope.
Cadel Evans (BMC)
Stefano Pirazzi (BVI)
Enrico Battaglin (BVI)
Robert Gesink (BLA)
Vicenzo Nibali (AST)
Mauro Santambrogio (VIN)
Rafal Majka (SAX)
Carlos Alberto Betancur (ALM)
Danilo Di Luca (VIN)
Thats 2,3,4,5,6, 14 not too bad.
exactly the same team as me
Would you say you had a great mind? Surely a fool coul not scorre over 180 pts. ;0)
- New York cyclist films harassment from driver and bystanders1 year 11 weeks agoHope the fat driver meets his
Hope the fat driver meets his maker soon, then the roads will be safer. As a PR exercise, the fat driver and his telepathic muppets have scored an own goal.
- Tour Of California Stage 31 year 11 weeks agoIf you go onto steephill then
If you go onto steephill then click onto the tour of Cali it will give you a list of live / delayed coverage.
Click onto the Amgen site and it gives a running account of whats happening and a map of the stage. It states that they go live at 2pm PST which is about 10pm our time.
- Video: Diplomatic incident! South African cyclist manhandled by occupants of diplomat's car could face charges1 year 11 weeks agoI bought road cleats and went
I bought road cleats and went to a cafe in a farm-shop. The gravel got stuck in the cleats and when I tried to carry my coffee to a table I nearly fell over!
Wouldn't want to get in a fight in them!
It's good to see that news report. Hopefully they will take it seriously.
I would hope that the British Police would help out if that happened over here.
- Tour Of California Stage 31 year 11 weeks agothe break also may include
the break also may include Schlek
- Tour Of California Stage 31 year 11 weeks agostumps wrote:First KOM pointsstumps wrote:
First KOM points are done,
break away Beyer Schleck Westra Mannion only 10 secs but its a start.
Brought Jones in for today and have got Mancebo and Schleck. Transferred Westra out though.
Thanks for the update Stumps. Anyone know what time live feed starts?
- Rapha & Raeburn launch city cycling collection1 year 11 weeks agoUsually I don't bother
Usually I don't bother commenting on Rapha articles because people should spend their money how they want, plus I think most Rapha clothing looks quite good. But how can that awful looking jacket, made out of recycled material cost £300! Is it sewed together with gold thread?
- Tour Of California Stage 31 year 11 weeks agoFirst KOM points are done,
First KOM points are done,
break away Beyer Schleck Westra Mannion only 10 secs but its a start.
- Rapha & Raeburn launch city cycling collection1 year 11 weeks agoThe wind jacket is a stark
The wind jacket is a stark design piece - you either hate or love it. I'd love to see it in action.
No shortage of takers though as most of these pieces have already sold out. Hats off to Rapha for creating things that sell in these dire economic times.
- Sore Knees! Any help appreciated1 year 11 weeks agoI wore SPD's on my road bike
I wore SPD's on my road bike and had all manner of problems with them as well as seat height issues. When I started out the seat was quite low. As I got fitter the seat height increased and like a nit I thought I would put it really high - a whole extra cm!. Took nearly 6 weeks of limping and a sports physio to sort that mistake out. I also got road cleats and shoes and they are far easier to adjust and get just right.
- Sore Knees! Any help appreciated1 year 11 weeks agoI had similar problems when I
I had similar problems when I started out....read loads of articles, but to no avail.
There is a simple solution, the only drawback is that you need to lay out some cash.
I had a Specialized BG Fit done; it cost £120 but considered pretty much all aspects of my position on the bike and what was right for me. The initial fit took a good couple of hours and there were a couple of follow up sessions included to fine tune the fit. I also switched to Speedplay Zero pedals.
The combination of the fit and pedals made riding a pain free experience....expensive, but worth it
- Tour Of California Stage 31 year 11 weeks agosimon F wrote:Gkam84simon F wrote:Gkam84 wrote:
Also, I can't find it anywhere, I've even tweeted the race to no reply. Does anyone know who got the combat/courage award yesterday?
According to cyclingnews, it was Sylvain Chavanel
It was Chavanel. He was presented with the jersey they give to the most courageous rider.
- CTC and families of cyclists killed by same driver 25 years apart call for appeal against driver's community service sentence1 year 11 weeks agoI'm not a mermber of the CTC,
I'm not a mermber of the CTC, but I'll join now. We only have a voice if we have a suitable platform. We are all under serious threat and, as Scot, I am ashamed of this Scottish justice. Really disgusting.
- Rapha & Raeburn launch city cycling collection1 year 11 weeks agoWTF?
- Giro d'Italia Stage 10: Sky's Uran wins first mountain stage, but Wiggins loses time again1 year 11 weeks agoWe're perfectly entitled to
We're perfectly entitled to expect Wiggo to be in contention, if not in the lead - he said himself pre race he's never climbed better and the figures apparently are supporting that. Either there is an underlying health issue, although Brailsford has said he's fine, or he has underestimated the competition, especially in the TTs. Nibali looks so comfortable, even when he's low on team support. The predictable attack by Uran following the ferocious pace that Sky set on the two final climbs may just have backfired and killed off Wiggo's ability to deal with the steepest ramps. Let's face it, Wiggo is not an explosive natural climber that will dance up a 17% slope, the Giro is not the Tour. The plan has always been to defend a lead after the TT, not to have to go on the attack. New territory for Sky for sure, and it makes for fascinating tactics and racing, but hard to see how Wiggo, and indeed Sky can regain the initiative.
God knows what will happen in the Tour if Wiggo does not succeed in the Giro. Time is not on his side, and you can't switch off the competitive streak in a top athlete.
- Video: Diplomatic incident! South African cyclist manhandled by occupants of diplomat's car could face charges1 year 11 weeks agoIn updated news, the South
In updated news, the South African authorities (International Relations Department) are sending a letter to the Iraqi Embassy to query why they have "disrespected" the laws of the receiving or host country.
Edit: MTB cleats FTW.
- Genesis Croix de Fer1 year 11 weeks agotwosparetubes wrote:
I've gottwosparetubes wrote:
I've got the 58cm frame and it feels great. Replaced the tyres with Continental Grand Prix Four seasons and have a Topeak Super Tourist DX Rear Pannier fitted.
Hi Twosparetubes - what size Contis did you go for and do they make much difference to the stock knobbly tyres on road? I've been advised to go for a 700x28 Gatorskins for my Croix but I'm not sure they're right.
- Cyclist hopes to make 'strict liability' legal history with High Court case1 year 11 weeks agoYou mean, it moves the burden
You mean, it moves the burden of proof from the 'alleged' victim to the 'alleged' perpetrator.
Ie there is no proof either way.
Or to put it another way, you can bring a civil case against somebody and because of their mode of transport, the odds are attacked against the car defendant and he is sued because of the presumption made by the civil court using strict liability.
This is the kind of thing that would be exploited by litigious individuals I'm sure. Just look at the number of erroneous whiplash claims and staged accidents that result in insurance fraud. People exploiting the system.
The scenario you outline above would almost certainly have resulted in a criminal conviction anyway, assuming the police investigated properly.
as I've said, it's problems with lenient sentencing in the criminal justice system that should be addressed rather than lawyers trying to increase their income from greater numbers of compensation claims.
Must stop posting on this topic now! Would much rather be out on my bike instead but the bloody weather is miserable today..
- Slow down or else! Sustrans warns cyclists1 year 11 weeks agoThese Sustrans paths are a
These Sustrans paths are a stupid idea anyway; I would rather see the money spent making roads more cycle friendly. I keep reading about money being spent on cycling when in reality they are spending huge sums on a dog toilet; a waste of money, dogs can, and do s**t anywhere and everywhere
- New York cyclist films harassment from driver and bystanders1 year 11 weeks agomoonbucket wrote:Really, youmoonbucket wrote:
Really, you want the cyclist to cower in fear and prostrate themselves at the feet of fat oafish louts in (surprisingly roomy ) minivans, and apologise for using the road?
Fat arrogant oafs like this one already believe they own the road, to hell with entrenching that idea in their thick skulls!
Be honest, how many of you watching this wanted to wrap their bikes round his bearded pus?
I'd have drop kicked the fat beardy and then smashed his "not so MINI van" up; he looks like he needs to walk a bit more.
- Video: Diplomatic incident! South African cyclist manhandled by occupants of diplomat's car could face charges1 year 11 weeks agoAnother case of abuse of
Another case of abuse of power.
3 Guys assault a lone cyclist and attempt to use a car as a lethal weapon.
Should be arrested for dangerous driving, assault and also for trying to stop the guy leaving.
Problem is that the diplomat will talk to police who are told to ignore it.
Always remember, road cleats make you unbalanced and therefore even more vulnerable
- Giro d'Italia Stage 10: Sky's Uran wins first mountain stage, but Wiggins loses time again1 year 11 weeks agoAlas a few years ago we might
Alas a few years ago we might have been raving about Wiggo's 4th place but things have moved on and with him apparently basing his whole season around the Giro people's expectations are high (as no doubt his salary is )
He doesn't look at all comfortable and his apparent lack of descending skills are where he's lost most of his time so far. I sense there is more to this than meets the eye given Sky's meticulous preparation but I'm not sure we'll get to the bottom of things (whoops a bit of a pun there!) even after the end of the Giro?
- Rapha & Raeburn launch city cycling collection1 year 11 weeks agoI think I'd rather wear the
I think I'd rather wear the parachute, open, into a head wind than wear that jacket.
- Tour Of California Stage 31 year 11 weeks agoDNS
Da Dalto (CAN)
Da Dalto (CAN)
- Cyclist hopes to make 'strict liability' legal history with High Court case1 year 11 weeks agoI think the fact that there
I think the fact that there is a cyclist, pedestrian etc injured and your door is damaged are good evidence that a misdemeanour has taken place in the same way as having alcohol in your body suggests you have deliberately consumed the alcohol.
If instead of thinking that strict liability means, 'proving your innocence' you think that the accused 'looses the right to silence'.
The victim still has to demonstrate that they have a reasonable case. The accused simply has to provide a reasonable explanation for how the event could have happened without their guilt or negligence. This should be straightforward, unless in reality they are guilty or negligent.