- Training well vs mileage accumulation1 year 10 weeks agoSometimes a complete break
Sometimes a complete break really does work wonders. However, if you are chasing that big mileage target I would go really easy on some rides and make sure that you're well rested. I find that a few early nights and a spell on the wagon always perks up my riding. I hope you achieve your goals.
- New sports nutrition brand OTE launches range1 year 10 weeks ago“We’ve tried to be the brand
“We’ve tried to be the brand that delivers both functionality and taste,” says Matt. “That’s the Holy Grail really. No one has cracked that before but we feel we’ve done it.”
Not tried Nectar drinks, then? Or Mule gels? Or Clif Bars? Taste is personal but personally I think there are already plenty of decent-tasting and scientifically-proven products out there.
I like the sound of the portion system, though, and the packaging sounds sensible too - no other brand has nailed this last bit yet, IMO. Fair play to them for entering what is already a pretty competitive and commoditised market and best of luck.
- FS1 year 10 weeks agoSold
- Just in: Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 20131 year 10 weeks agoMight I be so bold as to ask
Might I be so bold as to ask when we can expect this review???
- Dauphine Stage 5 - Help!1 year 10 weeks agochiv30 wrote:... Please don'tchiv30 wrote:
... Please don't let Enrique beat me...
Heh heh! You just made me take a risk for tomorrow I never would have normally taken!
- Need to start cycle-commuting - help!1 year 10 weeks agoI would get a second bike for
I would get a second bike for the commute. I think you are right to go for panniers, make sure you get a frame with eyelets that will take a rack. The bike would double up as a winter trainer or spare in the event of your first bike being off the road too. I would stick with SRAM so that the parts would be interchangeable with your first bike which would save you duplicating on spares and allow you to change bits over in an emergency. Personally I would commute in bike clothes. You might be surprised at how sweaty you get in work attire and you are bound to have days when you get caught out in the rain. A nice bike will give you the option to throw in a few extra miles on a sunny day too. Add your choice of puncture proof tyres to the build too. You don't want to be having to change tubes on the way to work.
I enjoy my commute and it has made me miles fitter and faster. I hope it works out the same for you. Good Luck.
- Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 5: Froome reels in Contador to win stage and take maillot jaune1 year 10 weeks agohmmmm
- Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 5: Froome reels in Contador to win stage and take maillot jaune1 year 10 weeks agoI wish he would get rid of
I wish he would get rid of those sunglasses though.
- Just In: Token T28 wheels1 year 10 weeks agoI'll bet they will be more
I'll bet they will be more than £840 in the UK, more like £1,295....nice though.
- Need to start cycle-commuting - help!1 year 10 weeks agoCan you take advantage of the
Can you take advantage of the Cycle To Work scheme? You can save 40%+ on up to £1000. Well worth it if you have access to it.
Re: lightweight rack, I use one of these - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/altura-arran-expanding-post-pack/ - it bolts onto the seatpost and is just big enough for the daily essentials. There are various other similar packs available.
- Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 5: Froome reels in Contador to win stage and take maillot jaune1 year 10 weeks agoWhat can I say but: "Make
What can I say but: "Make roome for Froome!" He's coming through!
- Just In: Token T28 wheels1 year 10 weeks agoVery light for £840 - would
Very light for £840 - would seem to be the lightest sub £1k wheelset out there?
Interested to see the full test when it comes out. Light weight means nothing if it's not matched to stiffness..
- BBC's The One Show needs cyclists for filming in Stevenage today (Thursday)1 year 10 weeks agoI live in East Kilbride - one
I live in East Kilbride - one of the new towns from the 50's
There are some few paths like this there - but nothing on the order of Stevenage
EK is also the location of some of the worst facilities around, including a classic that was all over the web showing a telegraph pole right in the middle of a cycle lane
- Dauphine Stage 5 - Help!1 year 10 weeks agobackflipbedlem wrote:93backflipbedlem wrote:
93 points today, down to 21st overall. Think thats my fight over!!!!
It can be difficult to come from behind but a top 10 finish isn't out of the questions, you just need to call the next few stages correctly and possibly take a risk or two (time for penalty transfers?).
- Need to start cycle-commuting - help!1 year 10 weeks agoI'd be scouring the web for a
I'd be scouring the web for a second hand bike.
Something like a single speed, preferrably with mudguards already on.
No point in spending that much money if its a second bike just for commuting.
- US judge dismisses attempt to sue Strava after cyclist killed while trying to recapture segment KoM1 year 10 weeks agoOh, FFS. Give. Me. Strength.
Oh, FFS. Give. Me. Strength.
- BBC's The One Show needs cyclists for filming in Stevenage today (Thursday)1 year 10 weeks agoAll the 'new towns' have
All the 'new towns' have these networks I think: Harlow is the same. Although they're great for local bimbling and kids, they're no use for 'proper' ( >15mph ) cycling.
- Critérium du Dauphiné Stage 5: Froome reels in Contador to win stage and take maillot jaune1 year 10 weeks firstname.lastname@example.org@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
Excellent result for Froome and Team Sky - if people doubted his credentials against the likes of Contador, perhaps this is finally proof.
Even though Im a Wiggo fan, Froome is more exciting to watch. With the issues last year I think we may well have seen the same issues but in reverse this year at the Tour.
Froome is proving his status of Tour contender, and Sky team leader.
Agree, quite the win today and quite a way away from Wiggins, who I suspect would have lost time to Contador today. You can see why Sky have put their eggs in the Froome Dog basket.
Froome exactly the burst of acceleration to match Contador/Rodriguez etc. that Wiggins can only dream of.
Was it just me, or did anyone else think that Rohan Dennis had a gear problem? He just suddenly dropped out the back, but it seemed like he was stuck in a high gear. Even at the finish he seemed to be pedalling a much larger gear just behind a Saxobank rider - wonder if that's another Di issue - mechanicals have become quite fashionable this year so far.....
- Dauphine Stage 5 - Help!1 year 10 weeks ago111 for me after a 20 point
111 for me after a 20 point penalty. Not bad, but not good either.
- Need to start cycle-commuting - help!1 year 10 weeks agoWhat type of mavic wheels? I
What type of mavic wheels? I would just ride it to and from work, come winter put on some winter wheels and keep it clean. For an 8 mile commute you would be mental spending £1000 on an extra bike!
- Dauphine Stage 5 - Help!1 year 10 weeks ago93 points today, down to 21st
93 points today, down to 21st overall. Think thats my fight over!!!!
- Digital EPO: smash your Strava times… by cheating1 year 10 weeks agoI see someone has already
I see someone has already ridden 9 times and done 11,000km in that time on the latest Strava challenge. It's a shame that people feel like messing Strava up.
You get out it what you want, your own personal challenges, but it looks like jealousy and competitiveness (and anti-competitiveness) win out.
I guess some people want us to all be the same or not bother comparing people because they fear comparison.
- Just in: Trek Madone 2.11 year 10 weeks agoThe upshot of these tubes
The upshot of these tubes shapes is the potential for a faster ride. How much faster is a question we’ll be able to answer once we’ve ridden it.
You probably won't!
- US judge dismisses attempt to sue Strava after cyclist killed while trying to recapture segment KoM1 year 10 weeks agoQuote:...and fails to warnQuote:
...and fails to warn users vying for KOM status that the road conditions are unsuitable for racing.
That just forgoes all common sense that roads are not meant for racing using any kind of vehicle, let alone having to be told this by a website.
- For Sale: Pair of Conti 650c tyres (never used)1 year 10 weeks agoSOLD!