- Autumn Classics1 year 4 weeks agoGhedebrav wrote:... I doGhedebrav wrote:I know it's not going to happen, but, just in case, here's the Cyclingnews calendar for October for these races and it seems like Milano-Torino and the Giro del Piemonte don't conflict with anythng on the calendar right now... And Paris Tours, well, it does conflict with the Tour of Beijing, but, wouldn't it be nice to run them?...
... I do think there's a case for both Paris-Tours and Milano-Torino...
- Sparkassen Giro (womens world cup)1 year 4 weeks agoTiff Cromwell is at the
Tiff Cromwell is at the Commies too
- Legend HT 7.51 year 4 weeks agoI'll take two
I'll take two
- Video round-up: Bad driving, bad cycling & a great brother1 year 4 weeks agochokofingrz wrote:In thechokofingrz wrote:
In the Bristol video I counted 5 cyclists being proper idiots, 2 who were blatantly fine, and 7 edge cases where they may be perfectly legal and within their rights but there's probably a better way of riding it.
E.g. left hook guy @ 0:16, I ride that road every day and have never felt the urge to overtake any cars on their right immediately before making my left turn onto the bridge. Maybe he remembered he left the oven on.
E.g. Portway guy @ 3:20, yes you can ride it on the road, it might be a tad quicker at 20mph, but the surface is shit and you get a much more pleasant ride on the shared pavement path doing 12-15mph. Maybe he doesn't know this or had other reasons. (I admit I'm being a hypocrite here because I ride up and down the similar Hartcliffe Way on the road, ignoring the cycle path.)
The car driver is a plonker but if you disregard his bilious text, you can observe plenty of cyclists being equally plonkerish (=impatient).
I ride the Portway every day, I'm legally allowed to use the road and there's a cycleway painted onto the tarmac for a fair part of it. I'll use that cheers, fed up of the banana skins and other stuff from the running clubs and the number of punctures I've had since I stopped riding on it has been much much lower. I have had 3 punctures on one ride outbound on the path before - it's just not worth it. The only sketchy bit of surface is approaching the tunnel built to catch the jumpers where it's bumpy.
- B'Twin Bike Gloves 7201 year 4 weeks agoI bought a pair of these a
I bought a pair of these a few days ago and pretty much concur with the review. The snot, sorry, sweat patch is actually suede not terry towelling, but they do look pretty smart and go well with my white Triban 3.
- Clasica Ciclista San Sebastian1 year 4 weeks agoTERatcliffe26 wrote:Used theTERatcliffe26 wrote:I'm glad you're more thorough than they are... The game is better off for having you around... Thank you!
Used the official for both... I was just curious how up to date PCS had been
- Riccardo Riccò suffers facial injuries after crash on Mont Ventoux descent1 year 4 weeks agoRiding a Specialized Tarmac?
Riding a Specialized Tarmac?
- Autumn Classics1 year 4 weeks agoTERatcliffe26 wrote:... ItsTERatcliffe26 wrote:Dave is one smart guy... Thanks, TER... Dave, how does the algorithm for the budget value work?... No astrophysics, please...
... Its in the game engine....
- "Marco Pantani was murdered" - shock claim from Italy as magistrates reopen case1 year 4 weeks agoPretty sure Rapha were just a
Pretty sure Rapha were just a brand new company no-one had heard of when I thought that Pantani was killed. So take you f*cking stupid comments to another forum.
- Forum Competition: Tour de France Top 101 year 4 weeks agoI forgot about this... Will
I forgot about this... Will it be scored?...
- Danny MacAskill under fire over Playboy Mansion video1 year 4 weeks agoIt must have been hard.
It must have been hard.
In fact, after the shoot, I reckon he'll have gone back to the hotel and had a stiff one.
- Tour de Pologne1 year 4 weeks agoMaybe.
The summit finish only
The summit finish only looks like 5% average for 12km, not totally sure there will be massive time gaps, and Majka will need to take some time there to protect himself on stage 7. Poels could go well for sure.
- Fools suffer gladly1 year 4 weeks agoJust a small detail, but one
Just a small detail, but one worth noting. That bottle neck is more likely to be an insulator for when they run some lectric through the barbed. In the grand scheme of things it may seem trivial. Bless them all
- Tour de Pologne1 year 4 weeks agoPoels is my big tip though
Poels is my big tip though
- Video round-up: Bad driving, bad cycling & a great brother1 year 4 weeks agoChris wrote:Am I the only oneChris wrote:
Am I the only one who's disappointed not to see any actual flashing in the last video?
Depends on your sexual persuasion i suppose
- Driverless cars on UK roads in under six months1 year 4 weeks agoBeaufort wrote:The safetyBeaufort wrote:
The safety systems controlling driverless cars are not and can never be infallible. This is a dangerous path to begin down.
Is that just an uneducated statement? Or do you understand the legislation that would surround them and the intricacies of control systems?
- Tour de Pologne1 year 4 weeks agoFor me Cummings and Weening
For me Cummings and Weening have decent shots. I think if Majka is up to it, his TTing has improved enough to win this. Izagirre/Capecchi will both go well, and De Gendt has a shot if he has his climbing legs, id say the same for Riblon but he has been out of sorts. Aru and Hesjedal could also do something
- "Marco Pantani was murdered" - shock claim from Italy as magistrates reopen case1 year 4 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:Finally, alwaysGkam84 wrote:
Finally, always thought this anyway. So glad it is going to be looked at
Pffff, cause you did. It is all a conspiracy to sell commemorative jerseys, arrest the founders of Rapha now!
- Clasica Ciclista San Sebastian1 year 4 weeks agoenrique wrote:TERatcliffe26enrique wrote:TERatcliffe26 wrote:So did you use PCS to get the first pass game start list up and then used the official one once that was out?...
...you can add up how many I changed in the roster changes thread. I just used the official startlist
Used the official for both, used the initial official one (which is why Kreuziger was on) and then as it showed updates throughout the week. They just did a full update for riders yesterday. I was just curious how up to date PCS had been
- Autumn Classics1 year 4 weeks agoI just select the teams and
I just select the teams and then set the rider values. Once they are set I just ask it to recommend the budget, it does its thing and gives me a number. Its in the game engine.
If I think the number is acceptable I can put that in as the budget, or change it if we wish. In this instance due to the volume of riders it was always going to suggest lower than if we had the startlists for all 6 races, and no difference of teams from race to race, so I upped it slightly
- Riccardo Riccò suffers facial injuries after crash on Mont Ventoux descent1 year 4 weeks agoHe looks like he has been
He looks like he has been burnt all over.
Reminds me of the ending of Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Tour de Pologne1 year 4 weeks agoLooks to me like the best
Looks to me like the best TTer on the last stage will win this one unless one of the lesser TTers manages to take an awful lot of time on stage 5.
To my mind that leaves Cataldo, Izaguirre, Siutsou, De Gendt, Formolo and even Malori as the favourites.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.1 year 4 weeks ago^ this.
I do wish my employer
I do wish my employer both self-administered the scheme and allowed more than the normal £1k limit, (they have the credit licence to do so), but they run it very much by the book and the majority just want £300 or so to buy an everyday hybrid. To me, £2k would be enough to buy all the bike I'd realistically ever need!Leeroy_Silk wrote:
I spoke with a friend who runs the scheme at his bike shop and heard of customers who every year use it to get a new bike and eBay off their old one.
I suspect this is quite true, but sadly also that a lot of those bikes are being sold without ownership actually having transferred to the seller... As a buyer, how would you know? Not like bikes have a V5 which evidences ownership!
- Autumn Classics1 year 4 weeks agoTERatcliffe26 wrote:... ITERatcliffe26 wrote:Out of curiousity... How do you run the formula? Is it part of the game or is it in an Excel spreadsheet outside of it? Do you put all the riders in the competition into the database and then tell it to suggest a budget based on those riders and then you decide whether to 'up' it or not?... Do you then enter the number you think is 'fair' into the game?... Thanks for responding... The way the game is run is really interesting to me...
... I don't know any details about the formula.... I upped the budget... and thus... Todays budget looked about right... the formula doesn't take into account 3 credit riders, so actually provides you with more budget than if it did include those riders.
- Tour de Pologne1 year 4 weeks agoSaw a lot of cheap sprinters
Saw a lot of cheap sprinters and got pretty excited but then I saw the budget. Wowzers. Tough decisions to be made here.