- FS: Entry Spot in BHF London-Brighton Sportive1 year 30 weeks agoNope i aint moved to London,
Nope i aint moved to London, but i like to support the BHF. Just a thought to come down and ride it with you. Just waiting on my "new" frame that i would use for touring about arriving in the next couple of days that i'll get back to you.
I have your email somewhere from the google+ invite
- Fantasy Page Down1 year 30 weeks agoOK! I NEED to pick my team
OK! I NEED to pick my team for stage 6, BUT can't get in. HELP! I'll stay cool!
- Road cc website sooo slow!!!1 year 30 weeks agoEverything is working super
Everything is working super quick for me tonight, Maybe because everyone else cant get on?
- Road cc website sooo slow!!!1 year 30 weeks agoI'm using Safari on both. Not
I'm using Safari on both. Not usually a problem but no doubt it'll be solved by tomorrow.
Try and sort it out early though as I'm planning on going on a longish ride tomorrow morning. I haven't thrown my toys out of a pram yet!!
- Giro d'Italia: Stage 6 Preview - Urbino to Porto Sant'Elpidio 210 km1 year 30 weeks agoInteresting predictions, but
Interesting predictions, but does give much away. It need someone who is good with hiil terrain.
- Road cc website sooo slow!!!1 year 30 weeks agoCan't log on right now on Win
Can't log on right now on Win or Mac. Will wait till later. Hope it's sorted later on as I have to change my team!!! Disaster today. Farrar, Hushovd , Haedo and Guardini dropped on an acne spot!!!
- Fantasy Page Down1 year 30 weeks agosame here frozen out
same here frozen out
- Some mechanical advice sought.1 year 30 weeks agoWow, how simple is that?! I'm
Wow, how simple is that?! I'm just giving everything a good thorough clean, then I'm gonna copy him word for word, but I bet it won't be that easy when I come to do it!
- Fantasy Page Down1 year 30 weeks agoJust keeps me on the
Just keeps me on the 'competition' page where it shows evans and lezyne ad and the premium banner. Guess Dave et al are working hard on it.
- Road cc website sooo slow!!!1 year 30 weeks agoThat looks more like a
That looks more like a problem with your computer. Internet Explorer is one of the worst browsers anyway.
- Road cc website sooo slow!!!1 year 30 weeks ago+1 having reoccuring problem
+1 having reoccuring problem of no access to fantasy team past few days! pity especially as now paying for privelage.
Apart from that enjoying game
- Fantasy Page Down1 year 30 weeks agoYeah im out of action too!
Yeah im out of action too! Must make a transfer!!!!
- Road cc website sooo slow!!!1 year 30 weeks agoI've been browsing through
I've been browsing through today's results and three times I've gotten messages from my avast anti-virus saying "Threats have been detected" and it notes the following sites - which I haven't been to:
Please do not click on them, of course...
Here's the details avast gave me on the last one:
Process: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
I was wondering if the site's been infected...
By the way, now I can't even log on!
And I'm getting the same error from avast:
Process: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
Does anyone know how to detect if the game site's been hijacked or exploited?
- Some mechanical advice sought.1 year 30 weeks agohttp://youtu.be/SkzvfCaIbyQ
Hopefully that video will help you out. Thats what i used when i was stuck on adjusting someone's gears after they buggered it all up and had tried to adjust the shifters without knowing that they were playing at
- Riding with the Lion King: the Cipollini Gran Fondo1 year 30 weeks agoCipo did actually ride then?
Cipo did actually ride then? A friend of mine took part, and he said he never actually saw him on his bike.
- Fixed gear boutique Hubjub to cease trading?1 year 30 weeks agoWill it was always a pleasure
Will it was always a pleasure to but stuff from you. I can only apologise for the fact that I cannot wear EAI sprockets out quickly enough to keep the business viable.
- LOCOG confirm charges for watching the Olympic Road Race on Box Hill1 year 30 weeks agoIt's a private road. There is
It's a private road. There is no public right of way. I believe the road is shut off occasionally (as are eg walking routes through Blenheim Palace Park and other privately-owned properties) to prevent a prescriptive right of way from forming.
Besides that, I imagine the legislation the IOC required the government to put in place to deal with issues such as branding etc and other elements of staging the Games over-rides anything else - they can close what they want, when they want.
I think the whole Box Hill situation results from a ill-thought-out decision to route the race along a private road, through private land, and then you have the issues with it being an SSSI too so the need to protext orchids and butterflies etc.
Playing devil's advocate here, but I think LOCOG got into a bit of a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation here.
First off, they could have shrugged their shoulders at the restricted numbers and said "not our problem" - instead they negotiated with the NT to get 5x the number of supporters onto the hill compared to what was originally envisaged.
Leaving aside the issue of whether cycling should or shouldn't be free, in the context of the Games - in the context of paid-for sport at this level - £15 is stupidly cheap. Watching a Premiership football match at a London club will cost you £40, £50 a ticket minimum.
I'd argue, given the demand for tickets generally, and given the fact this is widely seen as a chance for Britain to get its first gold of the Games (irrespective of how we as cycling fans may view Cav's chances), they could have charged two, three times the £15 and sold out. They didn't.
The accusation that they are profiteering is well wide of the mark, I think, and not just because they could have charged more; do the maths - if they sell 15,000 tickets at the maximum £15 each (which they won't, because some will go for less), that's £225,000.
Then you have to factor in the costs; a contribution to the resurfacing works, a contribution to the scrub clearance and meshing that helped convince the NT to let more people onto its land, money towards security, whether staff and fences, to ensure only those who have tickets are on that part of the course, etc. They'll be lucky if they cover costs, I reckon.
It's an unfortunate state of affairs, and one that as I said goes back to the decision to put the race on a private road; I'm not sure we'll ever know who made that decision, and it may not even be someone at LOCOG - remember, the Olympic bid envisaged a circuit going up Highgate West Hill and back down to Regents Park via the top end of Hampstead Heath and Rosslyn and Haverstock Hills, until long after London was awarded the Games the IOC ad UCI forced LOCOG to change the route.
Many 'free' sports events already have an element of ticketing - just look at the VIP packages on offer for the Tour of Flanders, for example.
Meanwhile, the proposal for the World Series of Cycling being touted around potential backers last year (and which won't have gone away, the fuss has quietened down) was reported among other things to envisage paid-for admission at start areas and perhaps elsewhere.
If those proposals did come to fruition, I'm pretty sure LOCOG would get the blame from a lot of fans - even though the World Series presentation pre-dates any inkling that LOCOG was going to charge to watch the Olympic Road Race.
As I said, I'm playing devil's advocate - but I'm pretty sure this is not about LOCOG looking to make a fast buck at cycling fans' expense.
- Some mechanical advice sought.1 year 30 weeks agoI like to think I know my
I like to think I know my spannering, but there are times when it is all going a bit FUBARd I put everyhing back to factory settings, go and make a cup of tea then start all over again. Often the only way if it aint right and you are positive nothing is worn .
- Fantasy Page Down1 year 30 weeks agoMe to
- Fantasy Page Down1 year 30 weeks agoYep not working for me either
Yep not working for me either just a big ad for the premium leauge
- Fantasy Page Down1 year 30 weeks agoSame here...stuck on the home
Same here...stuck on the home page.
- Fantasy Page Down1 year 30 weeks agoSame here cannot get on to my
Same here cannot get on to my team page or anything....
- rollers accident1 year 30 weeks agoglad you enjoyed my little
glad you enjoyed my little story
- Fantasy Page Down1 year 30 weeks agoYeah, I'm having issues, too-
Yeah, I'm having issues, too- every time I click on one of the tabs, it keeps me stuck on the home page so I can't even see my team, let alone make transfers. It was working fine for me yesterday, though
- Where to watch Le Tour in Cornwall?1 year 30 weeks agomate, you will be lucky to
mate, you will be lucky to find somewhere in cornwall with electricity, let alone a telly. most people are to busy humping their sisters down that way.