- Insurers of driver who badly injured Paralympic cycling champion Simon Richardson refuse to pay for operation1 year 23 weeks agoAs a farmer, there is a very
As a farmer, there is a very high chance that his insurers are the NFU Mutual...in my experience not known for their (voluntary) generosity.
Of course it may not be them but they do insure a substantial proportion of the farmers in the UK.
- Team Sky sign Italian national time trial champion Dario Cataldo1 year 23 weeks agoCataldo is a cracking rider
Cataldo is a cracking rider and will be brought on leaps and bounds by Sky.
As for the classics they have EBH, Stannard and Thomas (sadly i dont think he will be GC quality in the GT's)
- Reflectors for clipless pedals1 year 23 weeks agoSeriously pedal reflectors or
Seriously pedal reflectors or the lack of them will never get you a ticket or a summons from the Police unless when you are stopped you are a complete arse with them.
However if you have lights on and are cycling correctly - ie - not bouncing up and down the pavements and in and out of traffic - then you wont get stopped.
No doubt so wise arse will come back at me with some comment.
- Spin Speed Metal 30 wheelset1 year 23 weeks agoMunicipal Waste wrote:
IMunicipal Waste wrote:
I guess you'd have to look at it from the point of view that any reasonable paying customer would have. That is to return the product to the supplier and ask for either a repair or replacement, if that fails then it's time for your review.
+1 All manufacturers occasionally let slip a defective product - I've just returned a faulty tyre from continental. By all means mention the first set was faulty, and if they're arsey about a free replacement DEFINITELY don't hold back, as that's pretty important to the end consumer. But it does seem a bit harsh to rubbish the whole product when most examples are probably fine and faulty ones are dealt with appropriately. If all the wheels are that bad, wow.
- Reflectors for clipless pedals1 year 23 weeks agoPedal reflectors the
Pedal reflectors the regulations
You need to read all three for the whole story.
You need to read the referenced British Standard to find out information like size etc.
The exceptions here:
Say that the the regulations concerning reflectors and lamps do NOT apply apply to pedal cycles between sunrise and sunset.
A more readable recent guide from the Department of transport can be found here
Its worth reading if only for the the caveat at the end of the document.
- Lorry drivers to spend half a day as a cyclist on the roads1 year 23 weeks agobeen saying for the last 2
been saying for the last 2 years that ALL motorists should have to ride 200 miles (or suitable distance) before they get their licence to see what lifes like for cyclists. Create jobstoo as need to be chaperoned by a 'real' rider to get the miles signed off. They could do 40 5 mile rides or 2 100 ones as long as they do it!!
- Jan Etherington: Because of Andrew Mitchell it's okay to hate cyclists again1 year 23 weeks agoMalcolmBinns wrote:StupidMalcolmBinns wrote:
Stupid jounro. Bet she doesn't pay road tax.
Classic. Well done, sir!
- Why must cyclists behave before they get bike paths?1 year 23 weeks agoI'm sick of all this bullsh*t
I'm sick of all this bullsh*t (from people like Ap Rees that is).
I'm moving to a new job next Monday - too far to cycle - so I have bought another car. F*ck cycling. I can't be bothered any more
- Say sorry to Greg Lemond on Facebook1 year 23 weeks agoPerhaps we should wait until
Perhaps we should wait until USADA issue their 'reasoned decision', which, I've just read, is going to take another two weeks. WTF!
- Say sorry to Greg Lemond on Facebook1 year 23 weeks agoI've got two LeMond bikes.
I've got two LeMond bikes. One steel, one carbon. I like 'em plenty. I get compliments on them every once in a while, mostly from older riders, and I don't think it's just because of the pretty colors.
- Lorry drivers to spend half a day as a cyclist on the roads1 year 23 weeks agoRedbridge is (I think) the
Redbridge is (I think) the 7th London borough to implement an Exchanging Places programme. Cycle awareness is also to become part of the annual proficiency requirements for HGV drivers. Would be even better if it became part of the car driving test, too.
- Paul Kimmage Defense Fund1 year 23 weeks ago@GregLeMond has now shown
@GregLeMond has now shown support for this via twitter:
"This is an unjust action against a great person and one of the best journalists in the world. Let's support Paul.http://t.co/upZ813tv"
The snowball keeps rolling.
I think the odds that the UCI suddenly drop this might be shortening.
This could be the story that the media start focusing on - more than USADA v UCI.
There's a lot more human interest here and a ton of history.
The fund currently stands at $36,000 with just over 1000 contributors.
- Why must cyclists behave before they get bike paths?1 year 23 weeks agoIt is a bazaar notion that
It is a bazaar notion that people who do little harm should be deprived the right to travel safely because they are not considered to be behaving. Yet those capable of doing greater harm as not actively discouraged from misbehaving because they hold a Sacred Driving Licence. No driver should be allowed to driving legally with 12 points or more on their licence, and yet it happens all too often.
- Brompton launch new rims, brake levers & tools for 20131 year 23 weeks agoa chainset someone over 13
a chainset someone over 13 stone can use and brake levers that might actually work. fitted from the off? Wow, innovation is good stuff innit?
Toolkit is a nice idea, and the waterbottle could be a welcome addition to my Brommie.
- Vulpine returns with an Xmas Cycling Fete1 year 23 weeks agoThe last one was great fun,
The last one was great fun, I'm going to do my darndest to make it to this one too.
- Team Sky sign Italian national time trial champion Dario Cataldo1 year 23 weeks agoBigBear. Cav won't be there
BigBear. Cav won't be there next season. So that'll clear things up for you
They are mainly focused on grand tour wins. With Wiggo and Froome at the moment. I think come next season. Both will get a team around them to focus on the Giro and Vuelta with them coming together at the TdF
- Lorry drivers to spend half a day as a cyclist on the roads1 year 23 weeks agoCan we also send some
Can we also send some cyclists along with LGV's to show them how it feels to be along side one, squeezed at junctions.....etc
- Pannier website for travelling cyclists goes live1 year 23 weeks agoVery nice, good idea
Very nice, good idea
Would be nice to put in my own route. But I'm sure that'll come
- Lorry drivers to spend half a day as a cyclist on the roads1 year 23 weeks agoI suppose the cyclist riding
I suppose the cyclist riding in the cab could check the poor visibility of the HGV drivers mirrors and note that undertaking lorries on a bike is a dangerous thing...
Unfortunately sitting next to an HGV driver for a while the cyclist (and or pedestrian..) is unlikely to observe the primary reason for accidents involving HGV's: drivers texting on their mobiles, breaking the speed limit or turning off roads without signalling.
Generalisation? Possibly. But I would suggest that 30% of skip lorry drivers indulge in 2 out 3 of the above activities (sometimes simultaneously) on every journey they make.
It's primarily selfish, careless driving that needs to be addressed with regulation of both drivers and employers and serious prison time - not role playing to see each other's pain.
- SkyCycle aerial cycle lanes in London take a step closer to reality as architects propose test sites to Network Rail1 year 23 weeks agoFairly typical Boris though,
Fairly typical Boris though, isn't it? Impractical for people who don't see it as something to use for the sake of saying you have used it, more expensive than an actual solution, but guaranteed lots of coverage in the press. And how typically British, exemplifying the traffic planner/motorist's "Oh, just get them out of the way" attitude to cycling.
- Il Lombardia1 year 23 weeks agoThis might do it
This might do it Strath
- Petition: For Pat McQuaid to resign & UCI Cleaned Up1 year 23 weeks agoHa, laugh i nearly wet myself
Ha, laugh i nearly wet myself
According to the Oxford dictionary:
Definition of dullard
a slow or stupid person: he was caricatured as a dupe and a dullard
- Pannier website for travelling cyclists goes live1 year 23 weeks agoNice idea but to me it
Nice idea but to me it doesn't seem to offer any more than what you can already do on TripAdvisor. It does look nicer, and would probably get you sorted quicker, but I was expecting at least some crowdsourcingness whereby cyclists could rate or review the lodgings.
- SkyCycle aerial cycle lanes in London take a step closer to reality as architects propose test sites to Network Rail1 year 23 weeks agoHas Boris canvassed public
Has Boris canvassed public opinion to find out how many people would actually be willing to pay? It all has a certain "Springfield Monorail" quality about it.
- Il Lombardia1 year 23 weeks agoStrangely I cannot seem to
Strangely I cannot seem to get up the Lombardy to pick the riders, it's not part of the premium races either. Maybe I am doing summit wrong.