- Pictures of your Bike1 year 4 weeks agoMy best bike, a Pegoretti
My best bike, a Pegoretti Mxxxxxo I've nicknamed Il Super Laterale.
The paint is custom; I asked Dario to listen to Soundgarden's Superunknown album and Tool's Lateralus, then paint whatever he wanted.
He also added a question to the chainstay. What does an Aussie do in Seattle? Good question.
The groupset is Super Record, with 3T components. Wheels are custom; DT240s laced to Easton SLX90 rims with FMB Competition tubulars.
By some margin this is the best bike I've ridden. It goes as good as it looks; I've podiumed several races. Steel is very much real.
- Autumn Classics1 year 4 weeks agoMontreal & Quebec are both WT
Montreal & Quebec are both WT though, no? Therefore should get the nod over anything .HC around the same time.
Saying that, and at the risk of opening an enormous can of worms, I do think there's a case for both Paris-Tours and Milano-Torino...
- Pictures of your Bike1 year 4 weeks agoMy shiny new Emonda SL 6:
My shiny new Emonda SL 6:
- Is 5,500m too much climbing?1 year 4 weeks agoYeah sticking to 34x28 to get
Yeah sticking to 34x28 to get me over the toughest bits. From what I've read, the swiss national park stuff on the other side of Stelvio down to Susch does look pretty incredible. As you say, hopefully a great day! Thanks for the advice everyone.
- Spada Wheels Breva Forgiato Wheelset1 year 4 weeks agoA spoke loosening off a black
A spoke loosening off a black mark?
Well, that depends. When I build wheels, it always strikes me how much the rim can be out vertically around the weld. Now, I'm sure Spada aren't extruding rims, and this is common of most alloy rims I've seen. Perfectly even tensioning is not achievable, in order to pull areas of the rim into shape and, like most things in life, it's a compromise. When everything balances more or less, single spokes are less likely to work loose.
I'd rather see a spoke work loose and balance it's tension back up rather than have all the nipples threadlocked to stop them working loose, despite their being uneven spoke tension. And that's an even bigger black mark you won't find out about too easily.
- Earphones on cyclists: Yea or Nay?1 year 4 weeks agoWhy are people comparing
Why are people comparing lorries/cars and bikes?
You're a lot more protected in one then on your bike. Also, you don't have mirrors on your bike you can glance into, which is a massive part of driving. If there was a way of fitting a little one somewhere on a road bike without it looking stupid, then I probably would in all honesty.
My head hardly stops moving on the bike anyway though, that probably stems from having generations of motorcyclists in the family I think, not everybody is that aware of their surroundings, some people not at all.
- Video: Man versus Sheep - animal outpaces cyclist1 year 4 weeks agoDear Sir
I must protest at
I must protest at your failure to include a "ewe-tube" pun in the title of this story. Please consider those of us that appreciate such groan worthy humour in the future.
P.S. None the less, a great change to see a nice video. Still needs more cake.
- MP: 2-speed cycle lanes would get more women riding – and let them avoid “Lycra clad mad cyclists”1 year 4 weeks agoThe comments aren't
The comments aren't completely idiotic, but Meg Hillier is jumping a step. First, give us safe cycle lanes; then, we can worry about whether they are wide enough to allow comfortable overtaking.
(By the way, I suspect her comments are London-specific).
- Witness appeal after boy, 12, killed while cycling in Leicestershire1 year 4 weeks agoRamuz wrote:a Nissan QashqaiRamuz wrote:
a Nissan Qashqai is the wrong car to be driving
There, I fixed that for you.
- Tour de France Tech 2014: Vincenzo Nibali's Tour de France winning Specialized Tarmac1 year 4 weeks agoCracking photos - anyone know
Cracking photos - anyone know who took them?
- Driverless cars on UK roads in under six months1 year 4 weeks agoThe quicker driverless cars
The quicker driverless cars become mainstream the better! Bring it on
- Pictures of your Bike1 year 4 weeks agoGenesis Volare 853
Genesis Volare 853
fulcrums with gp4000s
pro vibe finishing kit
8kg and rides like a dream
- Autumn Classics1 year 4 weeks agoHim Up North wrote:... I...Him Up North wrote:Can we go back to a 150 budget for all races except the Tour, please?
... I... got barely half a team before running out of funds...
- Autumn Classics1 year 4 weeks agoGhedebrav wrote:NoGhedebrav wrote:Is it too late to add that?... That's a nice race.... I know I asked last year, too, but these two are very climber friendly affairs, the Gran Premio Città di Peccioli - Coppa Sabatini and the Giro dell'Emilia, and they're very much more 'Classics' and European than Montreal and Quebec, can we add those, too?...Please?
- Driverless cars on UK roads in under six months1 year 4 weeks agoWhen can I get a self
When can I get a self navigating bike?
- Video: Man versus Sheep - animal outpaces cyclist1 year 4 weeks agoI was in that exact spot last
I was in that exact spot last week, though sadly bikeless. If only I'd known there were such worthy/woolly adversaries, I may have come better prepared. The local Herdwicks certainly have their charm.
- First road bike and first ride advice please!1 year 4 weeks agoKit: pump, tubes, patches,
Kit: pump, tubes, patches, levers, magic chain links, chain tool, multi tool, tyre boot, cable ties.
Food and drink: water or electrolytes and energy food that you like to eat.
If you feel sore stop and stretch, I agree with the suggestion to climb Holme Moss out of Holmfirth and then descend towards Woodhead. The descent is fantastic and I'm sure that your MTB experience will mean that you won't need to touch the brakes and you'll fly to the bottom.
If you are looking for a cafe stop, I recommend the Old House Tea Rooms on the Woodhead Road on the way back to Glossop from Holme Moss.
Have a great trip!
- Driverless cars on UK roads in under six months1 year 4 weeks agoThe problem with cars lies
The problem with cars lies between the steering wheel and the drivers seat.
Bring them on.
- Video: Man versus Sheep - animal outpaces cyclist1 year 4 weeks agoIf this sheep lives in
If this sheep lives in Yorkshire it will be well trained in running from Yorkshire men.
- Is 5,500m too much climbing?1 year 4 weeks agoIf you've done the Fred then
If you've done the Fred then you should survive. It is a massive day out, do not underestimate it and do not go out to hard or the finish will be hell. Don't go over geared either, the gradients may not be steep but tired legs need easy gears.
- Video: Man versus Sheep - animal outpaces cyclist1 year 4 weeks agoThat's a Cumbrian sheep so
That's a Cumbrian sheep so has nothing to fear from Grand Depart Disease (the video is shot around Wast Water according to the comments).
And I don't think the sheep was being actively pursued. It just took off and showed the cyclist a clean pair of heels. I mean hooves.
Great music btw!
- Giro Empire shoes1 year 4 weeks agoLaces don't look right now.
Laces don't look right now. The rest of the minimalist design is cool though.
- QR lever not properly closed - do you tell them?1 year 4 weeks agoDude, stop sucking wheel.
Dude, stop sucking wheel.
- Video: Man versus Sheep - animal outpaces cyclist1 year 4 weeks agoI bet the sheep only wears
I bet the sheep only wears Rapha .
- Witness appeal after boy, 12, killed while cycling in Leicestershire1 year 4 weeks agoYeah right. I wouldn't want a
Yeah right. I wouldn't want a computer driving me as the ones at work are always crashing.