- Newbie tyre question1 year 10 weeks agoI used to use Hutchinson
I used to use Hutchinson Equinox on my bTwin road bike. Considering they were cheap, I thought they performed really well. Maybe Conti tyres would be overkill on a bTwin Triban. The Hutchinson's were impressively grippy as well.
- Giro d'Italia Stage 9: Belkov solos to win, Wiggins clings on, Hesjedal dropped1 year 10 weeks agoNot going to get any easier
Not going to get any easier from here on, caught ex-pro (and now commentator) Davide Cassini doing a recce of Tuesday's stage on RAI, there are some really nasty ramps on the two climbs, could blow GC to bits.
- Giro d'Italia Stage 9: Belkov solos to win, Wiggins clings on, Hesjedal dropped1 year 10 weeks agoI wish they had shown
I wish they had shown Betancur's face when someone had explained to him he hadn't won. Bless.
Is anyone else getting pi**ed off with Evans being a 'busy little sh!t' (to quote Ferguson)? I just find the 'cheap points' and time bonuses he gains annoying. Fair play to him for trying, but I just wish Astana, Garmin, Sky or Blanco would mark him and steal the points. I hate the idea that he gets a jersey via the back door.
I know people will think it's fair play, I just think it's the work of man who living on scraps from the top table.
Also - I think Wiggins is in trouble. You never know, he may still gain the sort of form, and the weather may improve, but I sort of think the righting is on the wall. A mediocre early season (he was unlucky with Trentino - but you make your own luck) after his TDF victory seems to be coming home to roost.
Hesink is the surprise package sitting in third at the moment.
- Tour of California purists1 year 10 weeks agoDon't worry, It took me about
Don't worry, It took me about 20 minutes to work that out aswell.
- HELP, itv is KILLING Eurosport!1 year 10 weeks agoLearn Italian and listen to
Learn Italian and listen to RAI commentary - fantastic insight
- HELP, itv is KILLING Eurosport!1 year 10 weeks ago'ITV isn't killing
'ITV isn't killing Eurosport.. ITV only shows a few races a year - and even then its only highlights.
Eurosport covers almost everything you could reasonably expect them to... and they show most stages live.'
And £2.50 a month (ish) for Eurosport is nothing to pay for masses of cycling. No need for any of this satellite/cable nonsense.
- Giro d'Italia Stage 9: Belkov solos to win, Wiggins clings on, Hesjedal dropped1 year 10 weeks agoThey had also been
They had also been controlling the peloton for most of the day in horrible conditions so it's hardly surprising they were knackered either.
- New York cyclist films harassment from driver and bystanders1 year 10 weeks agoWilliamsburg must be NY's
Williamsburg must be NY's equivilent of norfolk "you're not from round here are you"
But it is racism if you start to object to/about somebody just because they don't look/dress like you. It's not just bnp and ukip that are hogging all the ignorance.
- Cyclist hopes to make 'strict liability' legal history with High Court case1 year 10 weeks agoit does seem a no brainer to
it does seem a no brainer to sell this to drivers in terms of HGVs vs cars. I doubt they'd realise the implications if has for cars vs bike (and even bikes vs peds).
- Cycling Ireland EGM to reconsider McQuaid UCI nomination1 year 10 weeks ago_SiD_ wrote:
I hope the_SiD_ wrote:
I hope the groundswell keeps swelling.
Looking like the vote will go against Pat McQuaid - General Consensus appears to be heading that way
- Cyclist hopes to make 'strict liability' legal history with High Court case1 year 10 weeks ago+1 for Jonnyd
+1 for Jonnyd
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 91 year 10 weeks ago133 points and full house-
133 points and full house- who would have guessed battaglin would be the team's lowest scorer today! would have come 2nd if it wasnt for the 40 penalty points..... IF IF IF
- Tour of California purists1 year 10 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:livestrongnickGkam84 wrote:livestrongnick wrote:
I've noticed OPQ have a roster change, assume the game will get a final update?
What's the change and where did you see it? I can't find anyone different.
The only change from the official list I have made is removing King from RLT
It's ok GKam the official app doesn't have Carlos verona Quintanilla. just Carlos Verona. I didn't check is full name. sorry doh!!
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 91 year 10 weeks agoI took a 60 point penalty to
I took a 60 point penalty to sort my team out after the TT, scored 100...so ended up with 40, but at least my team is in a fit state to start going for a stage win
- Birzman E-Version 15 function Mini Tool1 year 10 weeks agoI have the carbon one. It's a
I have the carbon one. It's a beautiful bit of functional kit.
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 91 year 10 weeks agoKeeping Wiggins in, his luck
Keeping Wiggins in, his luck cant get any worse !
Problem i've got is do i keep Gesink in or get rid for Henao ??????
- Giro d'Italia Stage 9: Belkov solos to win, Wiggins clings on, Hesjedal dropped1 year 10 weeks agoDont count him out yet, dry
Dont count him out yet, dry weather and we will see a different wiggins.
Also did you see Nibali shouting at his team ? they were done in and had nothing left.
- New York cyclist films harassment from driver and bystanders1 year 10 weeks agoSo a minivan driver gets
So a minivan driver gets annoyed at being delayed a little by a cyclist, overtakes the cyclist & then slows down to prove what he was experiencing.
Why did the cyclist then want to get in front again twice? and overtake by squeezing through the narrow gap beside parked cars?
There are bad car drivers about(and cyclists too), you might be right, but don't argue with them; you won't win & you'll just waste your time & could get hurt/injured.
- Giro d'Italia - Tappa 91 year 10 weeks ago117 standard, 135 purist.
117 standard, 135 purist. Very happy with my purist team, up nearly 400 places today and my standard team is in the top 100.
Rest day tomorrow then two big mountain stages, is anyone going to keep Wiggins in or will you be bringing in someone like Hesjedal/Scarponi? Can Wiggins do anything, and how will Evans deal with the big hills?
I think I'll be dropping Evans and picking up some mountain goats.
- Giro d'Italia Stage 9: Belkov solos to win, Wiggins clings on, Hesjedal dropped1 year 10 weeks agoI think clinging on sums it
I think clinging on sums it up pretty well. I had Nibali down to win the Giro from the start but Wiggins is surprising everybody with how poor his form (& luck) is. With Hesjedal struggling even more it seem like this will be as simple a Giro as Nibali could have dreamed of.
- New York cyclist films harassment from driver and bystanders1 year 10 weeks agoBig attitude problem from the
Big attitude problem from the beard - intolerant and manipulative in a nasty passive aggressive way - was he hoping to provoke a response from the cycle rider by preventing his free movement? - looks to me that he was creating something from nothing and waiting for others to get involved.
- Cyclist hopes to make 'strict liability' legal history with High Court case1 year 10 weeks agoAll power to you Mr Fallon.
All power to you Mr Fallon. Strict liability needs to happen, and anyone who doesn't agree must simply not understand what it means. It's a crucial step this country needs to take to protect the vulnerable on our roads and paths.
- Giro d'Italia Stage 8: Alex Dowsett wins ITT as Bradley Wiggins' GC hopes take another setback1 year 10 weeks agoWell, we'll certainly see
Well, we'll certainly see what he's made of now.
- Newbie tyre question1 year 10 weeks agoDon't do Continental Ultra
Don't do Continental Ultra Sport.
Hit a crack raised 5mm at most (barely visible) on a turn at 10mph, lost both tires to 2cm+ tears. Fully inflated to recommendation.
I can't speak to the higher models though.
- Newbie tyre question1 year 10 weeks ago+1 for continental. Schwalbe
+1 for continental. Schwalbe are good for touring, not impressed by current Specialized, bontrager seem in short supply.