- Tour de France Stage 18: Christophe Riblon wins on Alpe d'Huez, Nairo Quintana moves 3rd overall, Chris Froome nearly cracks1 year 9 weeks agomaybe it was a double bluff.
maybe it was a double bluff. Or a double-double bluff. Or a double-double-double bluff - very cunning these doping types, they have the cunning of a groomer in a Disney chat-room.
- Taxi driver fined £35 with 3 points on his licence after cyclist killed in collision1 year 9 weeks agoCPS? Not fit for purpose -
CPS? Not fit for purpose - Time to get rid of them
- FS: Sabbath September titanium bike SOLD1 year 9 weeks agoRRATNAM wrote:Hi,
Is thisRRATNAM wrote:
Is this bike still available for sale ?
Still available at the moment Raman, pm sent.
- Tour de France Stage 17: Chris Froome wins the time trial, Alberto Contador moves second overall1 year 9 weeks agoNot sure I like the rule that
Not sure I like the rule that allows bike swapping. Fair enough if there is a mechanical, but the swap should only be like for like.
- Exclusive: Emma Pooley on women’s Tour de France sponsors, money & scheduling1 year 9 weeks ago" There is some SEXIST tripe
" There is some SEXIST tripe in here " , a truer statement , yet to be found !
Each day the TDF runs the " Cadets " over the first 25+km of the daily course , they then jump in their transport to a point 25km from the " Arrivee " for a Sprint finish !
Daily the Gendarmerie have the Whole route closed for several hours so that the " Publicity Caravan " & VIPs can drive carefree down the route . Big money drops into ASO Coffers for this privelege .
Champion Supermarkets , now taken over by CarreFours " Sponsors " the Mountain Polka dot Jersey , do ALL they can to capitalise on the " Publicity " , that " Le Tour " generates , both In Store & in the Media . TDF is a big draw for ALL their Stores throughout Europe . Women SPEND the family Budget , so if they smell an opportunity , and 43500+ signed on so far , will ensure that they decide to INvestigate , what is in it for them !
Much of the Basic Infrastructure is in place for the Men's Event , all that would be needed is to institute a REVISION of some of the UCI Rules & Regs ! 250km stages may be shortened by starting the Womens Race at a " Sprint Point " along the route , where there is already fixed cameras & Time keeping Equipment . Since the women will be racing 50km + stages , all the Ad banners & hordings would be put in place a tad earlier than currently . Instead of swilling in the Depart Village , any Journo worth their Salt would make the effort to visit the Men Racers at their Pullmans one day ,And the Womens Start line the next day , perhaps even visit both.
Women Racers starting further down the Day's route would mean that their Accomodation would be less likely to clash with the needs of the mens Teams .
UCI has access to many more Officials than are required at the TDF , so all that will be needed are the vehicles to move them around . This applies to the " Guard Republican " also , since they will act as the Mobile Escort . As regards the TV Motorbikes & TV Helicopters , there may be a question of scheduling their efforts and the resulting sleeping accomodation !
WHAT IS NEEDED is for Chris Prudhomme , to smell the Roses ( Money Ops ), but like JM Leblanc , he may be prejudiced towards the EASY life ?
There are many Former & Current Women Racers who know how to make a Womens TDF work , all they need is the ASO to get it's head out of the sand and create the environment where ALL Parties have a WIN WIN solution !
- Hutchinson Fusion 3 x-Light tyres1 year 9 weeks agoPlanet-X have them at half
Planet-X have them at half price at the moment which makes them a steal. Just bought some Atom Comps which seem a bargain (4 or 5 rides in) at the price.
- Chapeau Cafe Jersey1 year 9 weeks agoGood job it doesn't bear an
Good job it doesn't bear an uncanny resemblance to the price tag then...
- Chapeau Cafe Jersey1 year 9 weeks agoIt bears an uncanny
It bears an uncanny resemblance to Cafe du Cycliste's Henriette jersey, even down to the logo placement on the back pocket.
- Tour de France Stage 18 reaction following double ascent of Alpe d'Huez1 year 9 weeks agoSaxo-Tinkoff sports director,
Saxo-Tinkoff sports director, Fabrizio Guidi. said "........everyone's a lot wiser after the stage"
Yes - you know not to start with illegal bikes when there is a 'surprise' inspection at the end of the stage.
- Department for Transport's Action for Roads plan details inaction for cycling1 year 9 weeks agoCome on, what did you really
Come on, what did you really expect from this bunch of wankers?
They're firmly in the pockets if the car lobby. In the end politicians are a bunch of stuffed shirts, they talk a lot, fiddle their expenses (they're really good at that), but ultimately unless some lobbist is paying they do nothing for the likes of you and me. No wonder fewer and fewer people bother to vote, there is no point!
£50bn and I bet we still have a road system so full of pot-holes it's like riding on the moon.
These wankers really make me mad
- Department for Transport's Action for Roads plan details inaction for cycling1 year 9 weeks agoI've an idea, get all the
I've an idea, get all the politicians and civil servants involved in setting the strategy for roads onto sone bikes and go for a ride on some A roads like the A590 or A65. About a weeks worth. The survivors can then sit down together and, with all their newly acquired experience, come up a cycling compatable stratgy for roads.
I bet the gutless wonders will come up the a long list of lame excuses for not trying to ride on this sort of road.
What d'ya think?
- L'Equipe analyses Froome's climbing data, finds it 'normal' and 'consistent'1 year 9 weeks agoAny proof that Big Mig ever
Any proof that Big Mig ever doped? (genuine question, not seen anything on it personally)
- Tour de France Stage 18: Christophe Riblon wins on Alpe d'Huez, Nairo Quintana moves 3rd overall, Chris Froome nearly cracks1 year 9 weeks agoWhat! Has someone suggested
What! Has someone suggested froome is doping!
I must have missed that
- Video: Man vs bike - The Guardian finds out whether a journo-MAMIL on a superbike is faster than an elite rider on a Boris bike1 year 9 weeks agoOn a slightly related point,
On a slightly related point, I've often wondered what difference changing teams, and usually bikes, makes to a pro. In the motorcycle racing world it's increasingly important to be on the 'right' bike o be successful. In pro cycling, is there a 'best bike' ?
- L'Equipe analyses Froome's climbing data, finds it 'normal' and 'consistent'1 year 9 weeks agoSimon E wrote:John StevensonSimon E wrote:John Stevenson wrote:
"People come along every decade or so who are more freakishly physiologically able than other physiological freaks"
Maybe so, Nick, but can you think of one in cycling over the last couple of decades who hasn't turned out to be juiced to the eyeballs?
This, and Cadel Evans, and Bradley Wiggins. Maybe even Andy Schleck ... but I'm too sure about him.
- Tour de France Stage 18: Christophe Riblon wins on Alpe d'Huez, Nairo Quintana moves 3rd overall, Chris Froome nearly cracks1 year 9 weeks agoFroome almost cracks on a
Froome almost cracks on a climb, and Riche Porte has to go back for him. Poor guy really looked like he was going to die right in front of us....
... I don't think he's doping - because he'd be so much more comfortable if he was!
- No TDF, surrounded by disfunctional technology.1 year 9 weeks agocyclingfans.com or
cyclingfans.com or steephill.tv - more feeds than you can shake an empty feed bin at.
- Driver in car chase that left 13-year-old cyclist dead has sentence more than doubled after victim's mother appeals1 year 9 weeks agoSteppenHerringSteppenHerring wrote:Angelfishsolo wrote:
So the vale of a human life is 3.5 years!
Yes. Clearly nearly as serious as posting "let's have a riot" on the internet.
It's a shame that your quote is funny in a macabre way but it is. At the same time going off other sentences for cyclist killing these sentences are quite long, still not long enough though.
- Updated: Trek launch 2014 range1 year 9 weeks agoCrocket, Crockett, and
Crocket, Crockett, and Crossrip names all seemed to be used where only Crossrip is correct I believe...
- Stage Prizes in TDF if a tie?1 year 9 weeks agoIn the event of a tie, the
In the event of a tie, the following criteria, where applicable, will be used to determine the winner:
Highest single stage score posted within the competition
Most scoring riders on the stage
Highest scoring individual rider on the stage
- Stage Prizes in TDF if a tie?1 year 9 weeks agonah dave confirmed the other
nah dave confirmed the other day, if you look at the how to play page it's on there
First criteria is highest tour stage score previous
- Tour de France - Stage 18, Gap > Alpe-d’Huez1 year 9 weeks agorunning a comp at work and
running a comp at work and got asked to pick some people for my colleagues team earlier. Told her to put Riblon in her team but then didn't listen to my advice
Gradually starting to slip down the table, not sure whether to stick with Rolland now?
He had a go today and then gave up so may be keen tomorrow.
Nieve v Riblon for the dots could be a decent battle.
- Stage Prizes in TDF if a tie?1 year 9 weeks agoDoes it not go on fewest
Does it not go on fewest transfers made...sure I once read that somewhere, but I am not 100%...
- Tour de France - Stage 18, Gap > Alpe-d’Huez1 year 9 weeks agostevemarks wrote:plus schleckstevemarks wrote:
plus schleck for the mountain points.
umm from what i've seen he didn't get any kom points!?
- Stage Prizes in TDF if a tie?1 year 9 weeks agoToss of a coin for two. I
Toss of a coin for two. I suggested rolling a dice for the 5 person tie.
15 person tie....ERM ERM ERM....Over to you Dave