- Video: [Updated] Police appeal for attacked rider to come forward after London confrontation turns violent1 year 5 weeks agoWhen you aggressively pursue
When you aggressively pursue someone and shout obscenity's at them, you might get punched in your mouth. Illogical reaction with a logical conclusion.
- Essex police stop cyclists for riding without lights, high-vis or helmets1 year 5 weeks agolights between sunset and
lights between sunset and dawn maybe, but high viz and helmets... get stuffed...
- Video: [Updated] Police appeal for attacked rider to come forward after London confrontation turns violent1 year 5 weeks agoWe as cyclists need to push
We as cyclists need to push for traffic lights that give cyclists 10 seconds of green in advance of general traffic (and by that I mean anything with an engine - yes, you moped rider you know I mean you) like they do in Holland.
I had exactly the same scenario heading south from Tower Bridge last week in the evening. Racy guy in his Porsche Boxster annoyed by the cyclists that pulled into the ASL. He did the same thing, but didn't touch any of the cyclists. He then raced off as the lights changed.
I trundled along a bit later and waved at him as he sat in the traffic up front heading from the A2 towards the Elephant & Castle roundabout (those that cycle the route will know it is gridlocked).
It made me smile, and that was enough for me, as well as wonder why on earth anyone would want to drive in this congested city ... I spend 45 minutes each way on my commute and generally pass stationary traffic the whole time.
Cycling is a great stress-reliever for me, even in London. But (a big but) we all need to chill and let those stupid enough to sit in gridlocked traffic every day continue to do so.
- Supplements and vitamins?1 year 5 weeks agoProtein
Protein supplements/bars/drinks - avoid, unless you're on a vegan diet and need to up your protein intake, or are doing some serious damage in the squat rack.
Balanced, nutritious diet, hydrate lots, rest lots and what Le Grindeur said about targeted, intelligent training.
- Cycle - A Short Cycling Animation1 year 5 weeks agoNo helmets no hi-viz kid had
No helmets no hi-viz kid had earphones on woman was using hand held phone. GRRR GRRR
- Just in: Genesis Volare Team 9531 year 5 weeks agoHas to be said, with a bit of
Has to be said, with a bit of shopping around, you can get the frameset for £2300, DuraAce groupset for just over £1000 and RS81 wheels for sub £500.....leaving over £1000 for better finishing kit than the own brand Genesis stuff......
- Essex police stop cyclists for riding without lights, high-vis or helmets1 year 5 weeks agoI'm not a racist, but...
I'm not a racist, but...
- Kinesis Aithein: now in orange and green1 year 5 weeks agoI have one in the orange,
I have one in the orange, looks amazing and great fun to ride, really quick and nimble, real competition for much more expensive carbon Framesets , can't wait to see how it fares in a race, be ideal for crits I reckon! Hats off to Kinesis and great to have a homegrown alternative to the big names
- dhb summer preview1 year 5 weeks agoBibs and tights look a lot
Bibs and tights look a lot like my Le Col kit
- Essex police stop cyclists for riding without lights, high-vis or helmets1 year 5 weeks agoGood move essex, real good
Good move essex, real good move
Seriously though, how much money do you think they're spending on this? A better idea might be perhaps to fund officers to actually investigate the hundreds of car on cyclist incidents. Or maybe they could pay for a refresher course in "using discretion" for PCSOs
- Video: Ride Wide shows drivers why cyclists need space1 year 5 weeks agoCamera work by a road.cc
Camera work by a road.cc user, it would appear.
- Need a new helmet?1 year 5 weeks ago'My Kask Mojito possibly
'My Kask Mojito possibly saved me a long stay in hospital or worse'
- 2014 Badges1 year 5 weeks agoI do like the new badges, so
I do like the new badges, so thumbs up on them.
That's not to say I don't wish that the 'Bookend' wasn't available in TDU, as I would've won it
But still, they're good and yes, those vast numbers of 'sprinter' badges did get a bit silly last year.
- Need a new helmet?1 year 5 weeks agoI had a similar crash in
I had a similar crash in November. My Kask Mojito saved me a long stay in hospital or worse. I have to say the service I have received from Velo Brands the Kask importer has been brilliant. You send them the damaged helmet and they send you a replacement for half price.
Although the Mojito was brilliant, I upgraded to the Vertigo for an extra £20. The comfort and fit of the Kask helmets is superb. They may not be lightest, but they are worth every penny.
- Forum competition: pick a 3.0 rider...1 year 5 weeks ago...K, should be up-to-date
...K, should be up-to-date now. Please leave a shouty comment if I've missed you off.
- Chris Boardman slams Government “apathy” on cycling & calls for “commitment” to goals1 year 5 weeks ago'If I was Chris B I would
'If I was Chris B I would start by building even stronger ties with Breeze and Mum's Net'
Having anything to do with any of the nutters on Mumsnet is one of the best ways he could lose all credibility in an instant...
- dhb summer preview1 year 5 weeks ago&
- Video: Ride Wide shows drivers why cyclists need space1 year 5 weeks agoI have a friend who as just
I have a friend who as just started cycling. He weighs 28st. I sent him the link. His reply is sadly unprintable but his wife is now using it as a screen-saver.
Superb video that has made my day.
- Essex police stop cyclists for riding without lights, high-vis or helmets1 year 5 weeks agoQuote:“I was driving throughQuote:
“I was driving through London when a cyclist tried to get through an impossible gap between my car and the kerb. I jammed my brakes on and the rider got through, but he turned and shouted abuse at me.
“Cycling is my life, I know that cyclists can be vulnerable and when driving I always give riders plenty of room. But when that rider made an impossible manoeuvre it made me realise that it’s not just drivers who need to be more safety conscious.”
I believe this happens quite a lot and it doesn't really help cyclists.
- Danilo Di Luca claims only 1 in 10 riders in Giro d'Italia are clean1 year 5 weeks ago'IMHO Di Luca has lost the
'IMHO Di Luca has lost the plot'
To be fair, when two of last year's three grand tours looked like they were straight out of Armstrong's era, he's probably got a point.
- Video: [Updated] Police appeal for attacked rider to come forward after London confrontation turns violent1 year 5 weeks agonorthstar wrote:....nownorthstar wrote:
....now answer this question, what would you have done if your foot was run over?
If I could cycle like a bat out of hell like that bloke with a crushed foot, I would give Sir David Brailsford a call and ask if there are any jobs going.
Seriously, what we have here is knob-end aggressively confronts knob-ends and gets twatted for it.
That's life. If you are the type to dish it out, don't complain when it is your turn to take it.
- Video: [Updated] Police appeal for attacked rider to come forward after London confrontation turns violent1 year 5 weeks agoHe (cyclist) was really
He (cyclist) was really spoiling for a fight. I was expecting some sort of Queensberry Rules fisticuffs to ensue and then they call it quits. If you're going to bellow at a motorist make sure you have an escape route.
- Video: [Updated] Police appeal for attacked rider to come forward after London confrontation turns violent1 year 5 weeks agosouthseabythesea wrote:It'ssouthseabythesea wrote:
It's not worth confronting an aggressive driver, whether you're the rider or a bystander. It's also not worth having a go at a driver whose clearly a knob in the first place...
Just let them off, nah give em (verbal) hell if they endanger your life. And if they do something stupid you can get the t**ts arrested.
- Video: [Updated] Police appeal for attacked rider to come forward after London confrontation turns violent1 year 5 weeks agoDriver - twonk. Cyclist -
Driver - twonk. Cyclist - twonk. End of story.
- Essex police stop cyclists for riding without lights, high-vis or helmets1 year 5 weeks agoin the majority of car-bike
in the majority of car-bike collisions, the cyclist is not at fault... Nevertheless, the aim of Operation Bluenose, according to the police, is to find riders
I like how these stories these days have an aside halfway through, a pause to agree we all know the approach is wrong, before continuing with the story. It saves me getting wound up and is therefore very much appreciated!