- Invisible cyclists: Eye-tracking experiment finds drivers don't see more than 1 in 5 riders (+ video)1 year 11 weeks agoThat film footage is bloody
That film footage is bloody terrifying
- What's happened to the race news?1 year 11 weeks agoSky has the rights to show it
Sky has the rights to show it so it is on there and thankfully that numpty Phil Liggett is not the commentator.
- Just in: Pinnacle Arkose Three1 year 11 weeks agoThat looks ace. I'd have it
That looks ace. I'd have it if it wasn't for the Kinesis Pro 6 in the garage...
- Donhou Bicycles 100mph bike and more from Bespoked Bristol 20131 year 11 weeks agoHe puts our some properly
He puts our some properly classy bikes. Not flashy, or overelaborate, they just look fit for purpose.
- Invisible cyclists: Eye-tracking experiment finds drivers don't see more than 1 in 5 riders (+ video)1 year 11 weeks agoWell they can't very well
Well they can't very well blame the people who pay them their wages can they so the two wheeled demons, who apparently don't even pay for the roads, can take some responsibility for their own injuries. I do despair
- Forum's Scorum's Mini League1 year 11 weeks agoAs expected the three purist
As expected the three purist teams at the front of the Forum's Scorum's Tour Du Romandie peloton got shelled during stage 1 proper and it was KeejayOV who took the lead.....without Meersman!!Bravo was his star man in the break and that gives him an advantage over obutterwick who seems to be returning to a bit of form.fluffchucker is the best placed of the purists now.
Fair to say that the shadow of Wig_Billy looms large in 3rd.
The Forum's Scorum's Overall saw TERatcliffe pull alongside ray silvester for joint 4th(don't worry....he's just bringing up my drinks!!)and Jonas Lorenzen skid past stevemarks for 8th.Honourable mention to simon F who scored 91 on the stage climbing 3 places to 11th.
Wig_Billy's lead is a massive 669 standard and 506 purist
- What's happened to the race news?1 year 11 weeks agoMostly because there are
Mostly because there are other stories to be covered and if you check out the forum's. There is a daily log of Romandie, normally someone will give a bit of insight
- FS: Specialized Expert 2012 shoes1 year 11 weeks agoThey are sweet and just the
They are sweet and just the right size.....But I had to spend £80 on a new chain (3 chains for the trike)
- Shameless Plug for my friend1 year 11 weeks agoCome on guys last hour,
Come on guys last hour, please get voting!
- Rapha offer personalised Team Sky replica jerseys1 year 11 weeks agoThe Rumpo Kid wrote:If youThe Rumpo Kid wrote:
If you don't care, why did you make the assertion that Rapha can define what the word "replica" means in the first place? I would ask Rapha why they are ripping off the SKY fanbase by misrepresenting their product in this way, but I'm not too confident of a reply.
Pay attention, cloth-ears.
Rapha don't define the term "replica", that's what a dictionary is for. They can describe it as they wish, it will make no difference to me, and probably not to the people who consider buying one.
Are you some kind of self-appointed moral guardian for "the SKY fanbase"? The team's supporters are individuals who can surely decide for themselves.
- Tour de Romandie - Stage 21 year 11 weeks agoChristopher Froome
Christopher Froome (SKY)
Andrew Talansky (GRM)
Rui Alberto Faria Da Costa (MOV)
Gianni Meersman (OPQ)
Francesco Gavazzi (AST)
Reinardt Janse van Rensburg (ARG)
Rohan Dennis (GRM)
Dominik Nerz (BMC)
Luka Mezgec (ARG)
- Invisible cyclists: Eye-tracking experiment finds drivers don't see more than 1 in 5 riders (+ video)1 year 11 weeks agoHey Crazy-Legs, thanks for
Hey Crazy-Legs, thanks for posting the pilot article...well worth a read.
Makes me much more inclined to have flashing lights during the day as well as night.
- Tour de Romandie - Stage 21 year 11 weeks agoThink that the Swiss will
Think that the Swiss will want something today....Albasini should suit the stage if he is in the mood.....But as I have brought him in, then he probably won't be in the mood...
- howies Chada Chinos1 year 11 weeks agoI've got a pair of these and
I've got a pair of these and they are very comfortable. They stretch a LOT. I haven't had them long enough to check wear and haven't been caught in the rain either. The legs are not quite narrow enough to not foul the Ezywheels on my Brompton so I still need clips / socks for that.
- Pearson Touche 56cm Fixed1 year 11 weeks agoHi could you send photos to
Hi could you send photos to email@example.com? Many thanks
- Tour de Romandie - Stage 21 year 11 weeks agoPlayed it safe and bought in
Played it safe and bought in Bravo(KOM/Pts competition/possible break today) for Matthews(abandoned) and Meersman(a stage too late) for Westra.
- What's happened to the race news?1 year 11 weeks agoProbably because they aren't
Probably because they aren't particularly important races and there are plenty of sites dedicated solely to cycling news. Such as http://www.cyclingnews.com/
- Tour de Romandie - Stage 21 year 11 weeks agoAfter scoring 79 and 28!! it
After scoring 79 and 28!! it can't get any worse so no changes today or tomorrow and i'll gut my team for the weekend. Getting froome in being priority
Mistakes are costing me big time. Was sitting pretty at the top of the South West league but now i'm in danger of being 3rd after Romandie if i can't up my game! (Classic's didn't help)
- Tour de Romandie - Stage 21 year 11 weeks agoI'm over trading ( as usual)
I'm over trading ( as usual) and doing 3 transfers ( 10 penalties). I should learn foresight like drheaton. I'm going to need more transfers for saturday/sunday!! need these boys to pay me today and tomorrow:
- Tour de Romandie - Stage 21 year 11 weeks agoI'm hoping to be able to
I'm hoping to be able to stick with these for the next 2 stages - no transfers left and want 4 for Saturday...
Bravo (in for Dehaes)
Rui Costa (in for Goss)
- Manchester to improve some of its most dangerous junctions for cyclists1 year 11 weeks agobikeboy76 wrote:
All of thisbikeboy76 wrote:
All of this bollocks is how non cyclists think we should be spending money instead of one simple bike lane at the side of the carriageway. And that is just the existing junction going one way.
PLEASE spend this new money more wisely.
TBH, I've seen worse. It'll be a problematic facility if cycling increases substantially (there's room for the number we have now, imo, just).
It's not terrible, as long as the latter one isn't blocked at the exit by some inconsiderate driver parked illegally (which happens with the on carriageway mandatory lane further down too). Often, you can't see the latter before crossing the junction, and it's hard to position yourself properly in the traffic flow once you have seen them.
The camber by that tree near the entry worries me in the wet too. It needs to be wider, and it needs to be enforced, but compared to the pointless "Bonus Parking Lanes" that line Parrs Wood Road, or the doorzone stuff in Rusholme, it's not the worst Manchester has to offer.
- Invisible cyclists: Eye-tracking experiment finds drivers don't see more than 1 in 5 riders (+ video)1 year 11 weeks agoThe only thing about this is
The only thing about this is how do you know what the brain is recieving on the peripehery? From the video there's a cyclist heading in the same direction as the car and they never recieve a red dot of attention but it doesn't mean that the driver doesn't know they are there.
- Carbon clincher vs carbon tubular1 year 11 weeks agoThe fantasy cycling one's
The fantasy cycling one's price will go up (wrong forum dude)
- Invisible cyclists: Eye-tracking experiment finds drivers don't see more than 1 in 5 riders (+ video)1 year 11 weeks agoTypo in the headline on
Typo in the headline on homepage, FYI: CYLISTS rather than cyclists, presumably?
- Invisible cyclists: Eye-tracking experiment finds drivers don't see more than 1 in 5 riders (+ video)1 year 11 weeks agoThis
http://www.londoncyclist.co.uk/raf-pilot-teach-cyclists/ was also a very interesting read on what drivers do and don't see - it came form the perspective of an RAF fighter pilot, someone who knows a thing or two about seeing hazards and reacting in microseconds! Very similar conclusions to this study.