- Tech roundup: BMC Impec, Madison Genesis' Lazer helmets, retro kit, game changing brake pads and more1 year 10 weeks agoEvansYelhsa wrote:Do you knowEvansYelhsa wrote:
Do you know where the camelbak bottles are available? I can't find them anywhere
- Giro D'Italia - Tappa 161 year 10 weeks agoyou can only bank a maximum
you can only bank a maximum of four. so tomorrow you'd have four
- Denis Menchov announces his retirement1 year 10 weeks agoIs Menchov the Grand Tour
Is Menchov the Grand Tour winner with irregular blood values that "The Secret Pro" was talking about?
- Updated: Norwich Police seek driver who tweeted about collision with cyclist1 year 10 weeks agoShe should lose her job,
She should lose her job, she'll be in court for motoring offences and the press will cover it. Her ignorance and her arrogance has just turned her whole world upside down.
And she has already had tons of hate messages no doubt, some probably quite sick, but that is not something I approve of. Report it, share it, discuss it by all means but leave it there people...
- Giro D'Italia - Tappa 161 year 10 weeks agoQuestion please:
As a non
As a non premium player I have 4 transfers today, if I do not use any will I get 6 tomorrow or will I lose 2 of them?
- Giro D'Italia - Tappa 161 year 10 weeks ago3 break guys in for me! Got
3 break guys in for me! Got to buy a ticket...
- Updated: Norwich Police seek driver who tweeted about collision with cyclist1 year 10 weeks agoOld Cranky wrote:"descendingOld Cranky wrote:
"descending a hill"? I thought Norfolk was flat
Thus speaks someone who's never ridden it!
The fens in the south west of Norfolk are flat, but there's a chalk ridge runs up through Norwich and along the north coast. Local radio says it was near Snettisham, which is near the west end of the ridge.
- Barclays teams up with Sportsdirect.com for national cycle helmet promotion1 year 10 weeks agoGkam84Gkam84 wrote:firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
Helmet's saved my life - twice. Once, it split in half like a nut, but at least it wasn't my skull.
So your helmet FAILED then, even at high impacts, helmets should NEVER split, they are designed to take and impact and through the way they are put together, dispence said impact through their design.
Your helmet splitting is half like a nut, means it failed because it did not actually do what it was supposed to.
Sorry gkam, but isn't a helmet splitting in a crash a helmet doing exactly what it SHOULD DO.
I'm not a helmet manufactruring expert, but i am an engineer, with a reasonable understanding of energy transfer and g-forces. Surely a helmet Is like a crumple zone on a car. They are designed to deform and break in order to dissipate the energy in the crash. For a helmet, staying in one piece transfers more of the crash energy to the head, thus increasing likelihood/seriousness of injury.
If a helmet is already cracked(from dropping it) it should be replaced because some of its energy dissipating capabilities have already been lost. A helmet should only break up with an impact over a certain level - breaking up too easily would limit its ability to deal with heavier crashes, while breaking up too hard would result in the energy transfer to head issue already described. Hence why a helmet doesn't always break up, but could still be cracked internally from the energy it has absorbed.
- Strava,legs,recovery!1 year 10 weeks agoForget resting. Get your new
Forget resting. Get your new road bike and find a race - with those miles in your legs you'll ride off the front of a 4th Cat race.
- Updated: Norwich Police seek driver who tweeted about collision with cyclist1 year 10 weeks agoIt's beyond depressing to
It's beyond depressing to think that people can mow others down on the road in what clearly had the potential to be a fatal incident, and just carry on as if nothing happened. It takes a really special kind of arsehole to do that.
- Updated: Norwich Police seek driver who tweeted about collision with cyclist1 year 10 weeks ago"descending a hill"? I
"descending a hill"? I thought Norfolk was flat
- Giro D'Italia - Tappa 161 year 10 weeks agoJAndrewHillJAndrewHill wrote:TERatcliffe26 wrote:stevemarks wrote:
I think it's a sprint, Cavs has been climbing well and he'll want to keep the red jersey. Probably go, Benetti, Belletti and Modolo too.
A sprint tomorrow? really
I Am Doing My Usual Italian transfer. Nibali might win The Race Downhill.
It Wont Be a Sprint. There. I said it. I think a Break Will Stay Away And The Sprinters Will Give up.
Yes I know! the break will probably stay away, can't a guy have a little fun on the forum these days?
Di Luca, Nizzolo (for tomorrow),Mezgec, Fellini or just save them for tomorrow. Still not sure.
- Giro D'Italia - Tappa 161 year 10 weeks agoOh, and I also brought in an
Oh, and I also brought in an Italian (not Di Luca). May regret once again not selecting Mezgec.
- Updated: Norwich Police seek driver who tweeted about collision with cyclist1 year 10 weeks agoIf she does escape a ban
If she does escape a ban hopefully she'll just collide with a tree next time out and not involve anyone else.
- Giro D'Italia - Tappa 161 year 10 weeks agoI have made transfers... four
I have made transfers... four of 'em.
Seriously seriously considered Cav, but in the end didn't go for him. Instead gone for punchy folk in good form who can haul over those initial climbs and stay away.
I have kept some of the GC types though, as transfer-wise I have a plan (that probably won't work) to get the most out of the ITT.
- Giro D'Italia - Tappa 161 year 10 weeks agoAll these frustratingly cagey
All these frustratingly cagey comments.
Well I may have made some transfers. Or I may not. There.
- Updated: Norwich Police seek driver who tweeted about collision with cyclist1 year 10 weeks agoWith things like this
With things like this happening we all need to sign the gov petition to promote safer roads.
see the link and make sure you get other people to sign it.
- Updated: Norwich Police seek driver who tweeted about collision with cyclist1 year 10 weeks agoIan Fitch, please sack
Ian Fitch, please sack her.
And don't give her a reference.
Words are not going to teach this individual anything.
- Cowley Road Condors Thursday night screamer1 year 10 weeks agoNow that's a proper weeknight
Now that's a proper weeknight ride!
- Denis Menchov announces his retirement1 year 10 weeks agoI didn't know he was....
I didn't know he was....
- Updated: Norwich Police seek driver who tweeted about collision with cyclist1 year 10 weeks agoWe don't know what is in her
We don't know what is in her employment contract, but in mine there are a couple of clauses that would allow my employer to sack me for this. I hope her employer does the right thing as its unlikely she'll get anything other than a small fine and slap on the wrist from there courts, even if it gets that far.
Unless her behaviour is checked she's going to kill someone, hopefully some appropriate action by her employer can make her change her behaviour
- Strava,legs,recovery!1 year 10 weeks agoThanks i'll look em up, ps
Thanks i'll look em up, ps dont feel hard at the mo, cream crackered more like
- FS Cervelo S3 58cm w/ Ultegra, Rotor, 50mm clinchers1 year 10 weeks agoohhh thats nice im
ohhh thats nice im tempted
might have to think about this seriously
- Updated: Norwich Police seek driver who tweeted about collision with cyclist1 year 10 weeks agoI'd caution that with victim,
I'd caution that with victim, alleged perpetrator and witnesses now all having been spoken to by police, calm to allow the police to conduct due process is required. As for her employment? Again, let the legal process run it's course. I'm pretty sure a criminal conviction would ruin her training as an accountant anyway.
- What actually happened on the Bryan Chapman Memorial 600km1 year 10 weeks agoDave Atkinson wrote:(chuffyDave Atkinson wrote:
(chuffy in the curry house not pictured)
Chuffy (aka Rob) made me a bacon sandwich at the Arrivee and that's what counts.