- Sir Bradley Wiggins withdraws from Giro on medical grounds1 year 10 weeks agoI'd like to extend my
I'd like to extend my sincererest pity for those purists in the fantasy league that plumped for Sir Brad. Unlucky chaps.
- Wiggins, career over?1 year 10 weeks agohttp://www.teamsky.com/articl
- Wiggins, career over?1 year 10 weeks agoActually, illness does set
Actually, illness does set you back on cornering and descents. Your ears are connected to your sinuses. Balance Central Command. It may not be the case here, but it can easily be affected. Add in crashing, having great form and not wanting to lose it through a break, being mentally fragile under certain circumstances anyway, and the world's media up your arse waiting for you to cock up (the crap with Froome was a really silly move in that respect), and its not going to help.
Career over? Silly. But if he pulls the rug from Froome in Tour and messes the whole team dynamic, he could pay longterm. Nobody likes a trouble maker. Especially if they're not winning. He could see himself as a lone top GC man on a smaller team, and he may never regain title. The next couple of months are a test of his head more than his heart.
He big champ.
- Giro d'Italia Stage 12: Career win 100 for Cavendish but Wiggins' GC hopes washed away in the rain1 year 10 weeks agonorthstar wrote:a.jumpernorthstar wrote:a.jumper wrote:
What about Bouhani's little stunt? Bye bye Bouhani!
What did he do?
Looked like he smashed Modolo's handlebars on the run in so that he could steal his place on Cav's wheel. I'm surprised that it wasn't a disqualification.
- Bikes like the pros ride (but slightly more affordable*) from Bianchi, Merida, Focus, Lapierre, Scott and BMC1 year 10 weeks agoAnyway, you're right. We
Anyway, you're right. We should be sticking it to the man and not be funding this corporate machine conspiracy with their advertising and sponsorship budgets, lets all agree to only buy from trustworthy independents like Pegoretti, Zullo, Vanilla or Crumpton. They'll keep the pricing honest for us all with their wide range of £800 complete bike packages.
- Giro - Tappa 131 year 10 weeks agoBouhanni and wiggins have
Bouhanni and wiggins have both withdrawn
- Wiggins, career over?1 year 10 weeks agowow, this is the most
wow, this is the most uninformed comment I've ever seen.
Try riding with a chest infection in good weather, let alone what they have been putting up with. Hopfully they will pull wiggo and let the team focus on Uran, he's looking damn strong!
- Wiggins, career over?1 year 10 weeks agoPeople, pipe down....... For
People, pipe down....... For goodness sake this is like reading the daily mails take on Wiggo. Give the chap a break he'll bounce back, he's a proven champion ( I have said that he was getting too big for his boots recently so a bit of humble pie won't do any harm) but honestly career ending I think NOT!
- Bikes like the pros ride (but slightly more affordable*) from Bianchi, Merida, Focus, Lapierre, Scott and BMC1 year 10 weeks agoDropped wrote:GossaDropped wrote:Gossa wrote:
Neither Bianchi nor their dealers are 'taking the piss', they do not have a consumer direct distribution model like Canyon so it shouldn't be a surprise to you that a Canyon (or any other consumer direct product) is substantially cheaper should it?
I detect a Bianchi/Trek/Specialized sycophant. Mugs like you have lead to price rises that are putting cycling into the luxury goods market. Bikes should not be over inflated frippery like Channel handbags, or is that what you want?
Don't bring Cocco Channel into this.
- Wiggins, career over?1 year 10 weeks agoJonomc wrote:Faster than heJonomc wrote:
Faster than he did!
What was his excuse for the time trial? -absolutely bone dry, rode like it was his first time on a bike!
Illness doesn't make you slow down the hills.
Not bone dry ,on the descent after his bike change there was damp corners , and if you watched it he looked nervy on those stretches .
Plus as its been said a chest infection hasn't helped
I think the biggest issue is that he talked himself up pre Giro and on top of last year everyone was expecting him to be unbeatable.
Career over? No
- Wiggins, career over?1 year 10 weeks ago?????? The guy is ill.
?????? The guy is ill. That's going to affect your judgment and fitness levels. As Simon says, duvet day.
- Project BIKE - Road.cc Challenge1 year 10 weeks ago1. This isn't about teaching
1. This isn't about teaching new cyclists any lessons OR telling them where to buy their bikes and parts. NOR buying parts and then expecting their LBS to build it for them.
This is about showing what can be done on a strict budget, there have been a few new posters here asking about bikes on a budget, so I thought I'd try and show an alternative way for it to be done.
2. Yes, Road.cc does publish suggestions and reviews, many of them are higher end, but they also recommend cheaper ones, NOTHING on this sort of budget restraint though.
3. Many new posters here have been MTB'rs and coming here for information on getting into road bikes. So they may well have a bit of knowledge.
Tools, for building a bike from scratch, you are not talking many tools that people or their friends might not have around, screw drivers, allen keys and simple things like that. OK, not everyone is going to have a chain whip, cassette tool and a BB tool. BUT that's an issue for another thread.
Its not about stock bikes not having the best parts and having to upgrade, its a simple exercise/challenge that I am suggesting for a few of us to try WITHOUT buying anything, to see what kind of things we can come up with on a budget.
- Project BIKE - Road.cc Challenge1 year 10 weeks agoI know I'm not a senior
I know I'm not a senior member but I feel the need to speak up.
1. You're not teaching new cyclists the right lesson if you tell them to look at eBay. Isn't being a true cyclist about supporting the LBS? Definitely not bringing a bunch of parts to the LBS and saying "can you build my bike?"
2. Doesn't road.cc publish a suggestion of their top rated bikes at a variety of price ranges?
3. Building off one, how many cyclists just entering the sport are able to build their own bike and have the necessary tools?
I totally get that stock bikes may not have the best options (parts) for a top end bike, I recently called it quits with my Synapse and am building a CAAD10 rather than upgrade a part at a time.
- Giro d'Italia Stage 12: Career win 100 for Cavendish but Wiggins' GC hopes washed away in the rain1 year 10 weeks agoa.jumper wrote:What abouta.jumper wrote:
What about Bouhani's little stunt? Bye bye Bouhani!
What did he do?
- £0 to spent, but what bike to buy?1 year 10 weeks agoSD wrote:It made braking moreSD wrote:
It made braking more of an option than a certainty.
lol and like
- Tour of California stage 51 year 10 weeks agoWtf, I didn't get a podium
Wtf, I didn't get a podium badge!
My purist outscored my standard team, thanks mainly to the god of thunder.
- Tour of California stage 51 year 10 weeks ago1 VOIGT Jens RadioShack -
1 VOIGT Jens RadioShack - Leopard 30 4:41:16
2 FARRAR Tyler Garmin - Sharp 18 0:06
3 HUSHOVD Thor BMC Racing Team 12 ,,
4 SAGAN Peter Cannondale Pro Cycling Team 7 ,,
5 MATTHEWS Michael Orica GreenEDGE 4 ,,
6 MCCARTHY Jay Team Saxo-Tinkoff 3 ,,
7 CANDELARIO Alex Team Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies 2 ,,
8 ROGERS Michael Team Saxo-Tinkoff 1 ,,
9 IRIZAR ARANBURU Markel RadioShack - Leopard ,,
10 VAN GARDEREN Tejay BMC Racing Team ,,
11 MEYER Cameron Orica GreenEDGE ,,
12 DE GENDT Thomas Vacansoleil - DCM ,,
13 AAEN JORGENSEN Jonas Team Saxo-Tinkoff ,,
14 BUSCHE Matthew RadioShack - Leopard ,,
15 SCHAR Michael BMC Racing Team 0:14
16 COOKE Baden Orica GreenEDGE ,,
17 KEOUGH Jacobe UnitedHealthcare Presented by Maxxis 1:04
18 BRAMMEIER Matthew Champion System Pro Cycling Team ,,
19 MANCEBO PEREZ Francisco 5-hour Energy 1:07
20 BOECKMANS Kris Vacansoleil - DCM ,,
- Tour of California stage 51 year 10 weeks ago2,3,10 std, 3,4,10 purist.
2,3,10 std, 3,4,10 purist. Plus bits for De Gendt, Jones, GC etc. My least terrible day in the ToC for about a year!
- Tour of California stage 51 year 10 weeks agoGC
- Tour of California stage 51 year 10 weeks ago2,4,5,10 standard
At least 5 points for Jungels in both teams
May well be a full house for my standard team
- Tour of California stage 51 year 10 weeks agoVoigt wins!
- £0 to spent, but what bike to buy?1 year 10 weeks agoWell done if you realized
Well done if you realized this was a parody post. I hope GK's challenge runs and runs so I can take credit.
- Giro d'Italia Stage 12: Career win 100 for Cavendish but Wiggins' GC hopes washed away in the rain1 year 10 weeks agoGreat job Knees!
Great job Knees!
- Tour of California stage 51 year 10 weeks agoReally hope this stays away
Really hope this stays away
- Tour of California stage 51 year 10 weeks agoPhilip Unwin wrote:PhilipPhilip Unwin wrote:Philip Unwin wrote:Gkam84 wrote:Philip Unwin wrote:
Really? He seem's to be doing a job pulling on the lead group just now
As reported by Tour of California official ticker
And Cycling News ticker
Cantwell is not in the lead group, he has abandoned.