- Bradley Wiggins Tour de France Bottle1 year 17 weeks agoI've entered, not in a
I've entered, not in a position to donate I'm afraid, having my own funding to get me back cycling. But I have followed you on twitter and will retweet and whatever. Good luck
- Just in: Charge Hob 31 year 17 weeks agoThat rear brake cable run is
That rear brake cable run is horrible.
- Suffering from a lack of winter motivation1 year 17 weeks ago@racefaceec90, there's
@racefaceec90, there's nothing wrong with being patient. Inexperience and a new bike mean understandable caution. There's a point where trying to mtfu can lead to a stupid decision that unnecessarily risks your season or even your life.
Those tongue-in-cheek 'rules' are only taken literally by neophytes and those anxious to impress. Nobody tells me what to wear or when to ride my bike.
- Just in: Charge Hob 31 year 17 weeks agoFull length mudguards? Not
Full length mudguards? Not the front one! Looks nice though.
Anyone have any experience of the SFR3? Might put one on my winter bike for when the headwinds get me down
- Pictures of your Bike1 year 17 weeks agohere's my new bike (2013
here's my new bike (2013 specialized tarmac sport) i loves it
- This week I have been mostly listening to...1 year 17 weeks agoSince shopping yesterday it's
Since shopping yesterday it's alternating between
Black Sabbath Greatest Hits
Slipknot Antennas to hell
2 for £10 at HMV
Usually Kerrang Radio or Radio 4
- Motorist found not guilty of manslaughter in connection with death of London cyclist1 year 17 weeks agoAnd in the week in which
And in the week in which Wlodzimierz Umaniec was jailed for two years for defacing a Rothko. Yet another example of how, when it comes to road fatalities, the legal system in this country is truly useless. A shameful reflection on the succession of self serving buffoons who we've had governing us for as long as I can remember.
And there rests the case for armed insurrection........
- Giovanni Visconti latest Italian cyclist banned for working with Michele Ferrari1 year 17 weeks agoAnd we think the system has
And we think the system has learnt from the Armstrong farce, yet people are given bans back dated to cover the off season period.
AND 3 months? I know the precedent was set Pozzato, but thats the point Pozzato should have been given more.
If a Doctor is banned from the sport what sort of idiot would associate themselves with them UNLESS they were doping? How can they be expected to be viewed as anything other than a doper by associating with him? They should receive a minimum or 1 year, I would prefer 2, and those convicted of doping like Contador etc given 4 years and to serve from the date of conviction, not be back dated.
- Motorist found not guilty of manslaughter in connection with death of London cyclist1 year 17 weeks agoThe judge, Mr Justice
The judge, Mr Justice Saunders, told the jury: "This is a case where there are no winners. Everyone is a loser."
Such an insulting crass comment from a High Court Judge in the circumstances of the death of Mr Harding who, with his family and friends are losers here - (oh not forgetting the needs for justice which has also lost out).
I don't expect the unbelievably stupid Kenan Aydogdu feels he's a loser .
- Suffering from a lack of winter motivation1 year 17 weeks agobeing a road cycling novice,i
being a road cycling novice,i haven't ridden my new bike for the last week,as it's been pretty frosty.i really want to ride it,but hear the horror stories about crashing the first sniff your road bike gets of icy roads
i know that (the rules) i just read,mtfu comes to the fore in answer to this predicament.i do not have the balance/reactions of a cat * so i will leave the bad riding conditions to the "hard men" next week the weather looks a lot better
* i also don't want to bin my lovely new tarmac either (or slide under the wheels of an 18 wheeler
- DA mechanical or Di2?1 year 17 weeks agoTBH, my friends and teammates
TBH, my friends and teammates who have Di2 have Ultegra Di2 too, but for the bike I eant it comes with either DA Di2, DA mechanical or SRAM Red. Same(ish) frame with lower spec equipment (bar, stem, seatpost, saddle) come with Ultegra mechanical.
I get it that ultegra Di2 is great and would probably just go with it if it was an option.
Am still leaning towards Di2.
- Sustrans tells cyclists using Strava and other apps to keep off shared use paths1 year 17 weeks agoPerhaps it is a stupid idea
Perhaps it is a stupid idea to have a public app that encourages people to ride ever faster on public paths or public roads. Statistically it is going to encourage rider's worse side, and lead to more accidents.
Logically, if the apps cause this statistical change, then the apps should be legally liable.
Before it comes to that, at least public ways and steep downhills could be removed from the apps. Not so difficult to do with a little bit of computer work.
- Sustrans tells cyclists using Strava and other apps to keep off shared use paths1 year 17 weeks agoHorse riders and cyclists
Horse riders and cyclists share the road uneasily here; my high-viz jacket, which affords me some protection from drivers, means I have to be very careful approaching horse riders, especially from behind. Asking the rider if it's OK to pass produces a grateful response 9 times out of 10. A group of 4 of us came across avery agitated horse on a country lane recently and had to dismount and wait for the rider to get it calmed down. The cause? a pair of cyclists going the opposite way who just zipped past out of the blue. Of course, in the New Forest the horse riders can go anywhere while cyclists are grudgingly given some very disjointed and easy cycle tracks and attacked regularly in the local paper.
- Wiggins says Sky may have two leaders at 2013 Tour de France1 year 17 weeks agoI am sure that having Froome
I am sure that having Froome in front of him breaking the wind, and (metaphorically) having Froome breathing down his neck both helped to drive Wiggins on to victory in the last tour. It was a perfect combination of cooperation and competition, but I feel it worked because Wiggins was the only captain, and not necessarily because Wiggins was the captain.
- McQuaid: Judge cycling by London 2012, not Lance Armstrong1 year 17 weeks agoum VINOKOUROV ffs. (prob
um VINOKOUROV ffs. (prob mis-spelled)
- Yorkshire to host Tour de France in 2014... stage finish in London too1 year 17 weeks agoCongratulations to Yorkshire,
Congratulations to Yorkshire, Edinburgh would have been more convenient for me, but perhaps there was a concern about wheels getting caught in the tram lines.
- No war on Britain's roads says British Cycling incident data but much needs to be done to win the peace1 year 17 weeks agotony_farrelly wrote:Actuallytony_farrelly wrote:
Actually I'm not sure that's true Dr F. My guess is that the number of out and out racing cyclists as a proportion of the whole is probably surprisingly small. As with the CTC lots of people are members of BC for the insurance and other membership benefits and BC have had various initiatives to boost their numbers over the years including everydaycycling.com which was very much aimed at commuter and leisure cyclists.
Im with you on this Tony as Im a BC member on their Ride category membership which is just right for me as a commuter.
- Motorist found not guilty of manslaughter in connection with death of London cyclist1 year 17 weeks agoIt is a wrong decidion on the
It is a wrong decidion on the part of the judge. I'm not sure how this decision was arrived at, but it was the wrong one
I believe the cyclist was in a cycle lane and bein doored threw him onto the path of the bus, which suggests that the bus was not following too close.
Perhaps more details will be available to explain this point.
- McQuaid: Judge cycling by London 2012, not Lance Armstrong1 year 17 weeks agoDon't go away mad Mr. McQ,
Don't go away mad Mr. McQ, just go away.....
- DA mechanical or Di2?1 year 17 weeks agono flights taken , but
no flights taken , but ultegra di2 is a lot cheaper than mech dura ace and i know which one i,d have or which one ive got di2all the way
- Yorkshire to host Tour de France in 2014... stage finish in London too1 year 17 weeks agoEngland or Scotland, i'm just
England or Scotland, i'm just glad that the UK was chosen for the Grand Départ. I'm sure the other contenders, Florence, Barcelona and Lille are gutted
- Yorkshire to host Tour de France in 2014... stage finish in London too1 year 17 weeks agoI've already told my wife
I've already told my wife that I'll be booking a day off work and my kids may skip school. It will be an "educational" trip, of course.
- Cycling world toasts father of the modern bicycle JK Starley, born 158 years ago today1 year 17 weeks agoJust my luck, born 100 years
Just my luck, born 100 years too late.
Thank you Mr Stanley, you were a genius.
- How do I make a team1 year 17 weeks agoMost likely because there are
Most likely because there are no races coming up and we are still working on the 2013 game engine??
- Driver in Mary Bowers case acquitted of dangerous driving, found guilty of careless driving1 year 17 weeks agoKebab MeisterKebab Meister wrote:
Unfortunately it will take someone really famous to be killed/nearly killed for the general public to really take note.
The same thought occurred to me, but even then many people will overestimate their ability and think "it won't happen to me". I wonder whether Brad Wiggins being knocked off had any lasting effect on anyone's driving.
Hands-free should be illegal. Same goes for sat-navs that attach to the windscreen. Regarding the sentence, what is 'just'? I don't know but if you want change then support campaign groups like the CTC and RoadPeace.